Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:04:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop ICO ?  (Read 1811 times)
Mumen Rider

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

ICO's wont stop growing and appearing anytime soon because cryptocurrency is one of the best way of earning money besides working or having a active job. People who create ICO's of their own have the knowledge and is will to risk everything and put on everything they got into that project to become successful that's why many ICO's are popping out anywhere because they are willing to try to be one of those who success in cryptocurrency. As long as they have investors who supports them, they won't stop growing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:59:00 AM

I don't think there is a way to stop ICOs from popping out everyday as it is like an idea that comes into mind everytime and you dwell on it so much and ask people to buy your idea until iit becomes a realization or until it becomes the next big thing in the world of altcoins.  ICOs for me represents possibilities as long as it is well regulated and not a scam to cheat people off their cryptos.  You never know when the next bitcoin or ethereum will appear in the market if you stop ICOs just like that.  I agree with what most have said that, at the end of the day, it's really up to you whether you would invest in an ICO project or not so it's too early for me to dismiss them just yet because again, your ICOnmight turn out to be the next big thjng in the cryptocurrency world.
While I do not like regulations, there is no doubt in my mind we need to regulate icos to a certain extent, but governments seems to only be interested in regulating icos to charge taxes and nothing more, while they should do a lot more to protect people from falling in scams.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:22:43 AM

ICO's wont stop growing and appearing anytime soon because cryptocurrency is one of the best way of earning money besides working or having a active job. People who create ICO's of their own have the knowledge and is will to risk everything and put on everything they got into that project to become successful that's why many ICO's are popping out anywhere because they are willing to try to be one of those who success in cryptocurrency. As long as they have investors who supports them, they won't stop growing.
I see ICO will keep running for a long time. only difficult regulation can dismiss ICO but I think now ICO can pop up anytime and get profit. because with ICO many investors enter and put their money into ICO.
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:25:55 AM

there is hard to stop ico because ico is the most popular way to get money for project .

yes , a lot of ico are wasting money and time but some project are really good and have a great future
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:27:40 AM

I dont know how to stop ICO, ICO is really great for all of the people here in cryptoworld because if we can participate on great ico i am really sure that we can have a great future, because joining or participating a great ico can totally help us to have alot of money or profit so for me ico will run for many years.

yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 04:47:50 AM

Your post is just like saying how do I stop eating. ICOs are the pregnancy Of projects in crypto world.

https://cryptotvplus.com
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:40:49 PM

I don't think there is a way to stop ICOs from popping out every day as it is like an idea that comes into mind every time and you dwell on it so much and ask people to buy your idea until it becomes a realization or until it becomes the next big thing in the world of altcoins.  ICOs for me represents possibilities as long as it is well regulated and not a scam to cheat people off their cryptos. 

You never know when the next bitcoin or ethereum will appear in the market if you stop ICOs just like that.  I agree with what most have said that, at the end of the day, it's really up to you whether you would invest in an ICO project or not so it's too early for me to dismiss them just yet because again, your ICOnmight turn out to be the next big thing in the cryptocurrency world.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

ICOs are not a waste of time, they are trying to offer new tech, or new innovation to our society. Obviously not all ICOs have the same concept, and they simply want to scam you, but you need to be careful.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

Rather than stopping ICO which means stopping new innovations, why dont we start think about how to control it instead?
In this new developing market, there are plenty ways to make money and a lot more ways to be scammed and deceived as well. Apparently this is the weakness of decentralized community, there is no authority or whatsoever to keep everything in place. Just eat or get eaten. I hope there will be time where this wild jungle is going to be tamed for good

Mokter

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:28:26 PM

Why you are thinking to stop ico ,i think you should stop those icos which have no future.Their intention only to flee after the fund raised.
Although you never know which are going to scam. But should read carefully about their project as well as who are working behind the project. I think if you invest in a proper project  it can change your lifestyle.
hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:30:53 PM

How can you stop ICO from emerging?
Why should we stop ICO as a whole?
Don't forget there are many good projects among shit.
masbimz

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:37:29 PM

in my mind, maybe this time no one can stop, except ICO negative impact on investor confidence. therefore to maintain the existence of ICO must be set aside with strict rules so that investors remain percya against ICO and ico will not die. and I think why should be dismissed if there are many successful people from an ICO? cheers
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:34:16 PM

I dont think its a good idea, since there are some ICOs that are good too.
hatd2012

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:14:55 PM

Hi Smiley
You should invest in pure coin
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:34:59 PM

We don't have any power to stop ICO the best thing to do to prevent us becoming a victim of scam ICO is to do some thorough research about the project before investing. And follow your instincts. Its very risky that's why Im not really fun of investing on ICO's
honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:55:26 PM

I don't think they will go anytime soon.

I think there are a few things we can do / will see:-

- Regulations - To raise the standards of ICO's

- Raising standards through investments - If poor ICO's don't get investments, they will stop. If certain components are attractive other ICO's will pick them up. Currently I am only investing into ICO's that have a working product for example.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:58:05 PM

Uhm , why would you want to stop ICO's ? I have found so many great projects with awesome teams behind and a real product already tested and working. It's true that there are ICO's some that they will come and go but it's nothing new.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:41:12 PM

I don't think we can really stop it, it is more up to bigger policies coming in and throwing in regulation.

The only thing I can think is to self police and if we see a bad ICO we pick it apart so people looking into will see how bad it is.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:45:19 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 08:23:59 AM by KeithBeeCham

ICO is currently the investment trend in 2018, besides many ICO failures, there are also successful ICO, bringing great profit to the investors at the time of ICO. So, I think people should have good knowledge of cryptocurrency so that ICOs can be scam-avoidable, as if involved in those campaigns will be very time-consuming. You can refer to some of the ICO review websites such as icorating(dot)com, which will help you in providing information and evaluating ICOs so you can easily select potential ICO.

martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:50:42 PM

Ico is one of the way to get funds for their project to support but not all of them are legit. We could not stop ico because most of coin uses this. But we could minimize it when we will choose only the right coin to invest. Before buying it. Make some research so that you will not get scammed like many does. And beside many coins also have been successful in ico
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: