Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:12:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin  (Read 4394 times)
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:59:45 PM

first of all do not share important information about your account. secondly make sure that no one knows your account

Everyone talks about how great that bitcoin is a decentralized currency, but as with everything this has its own downside. When you invest in bitcoin, there isn't just the worry that the price will drop, but also the possibility that your bitcoin will be stolen.The first and the most important things to do, if you are storing large amounts of bitcoin is to make sure you don't keep them within the exchange you bought them in. Exchanges seem to be the most frequently frequently hacked.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
dillo666

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:07:05 PM

While joining new Airdrops, please ensure that you are not putting your Private key if they ask to put.
Your password should be very unique and complex which will not be easily traceable.

❍ Treon ❍ │▌▌▌  TwitterTelegram  │▌▌▌ ❍ Treon ❍
Utilities payments made  simple
███ Telecom, Electricity, Gas and Water  ███
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 05:15:29 PM

It can only happen if he had exposed his private key or saved
it someplace like Dropbox, Drive etc.

The best way to remedy this is by using a cold wallet storage
such as Trezor or Nano Ledger S.

I currently use Nano Ledger S and has a very good interface
and security

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:04:19 PM

For the purpose of escape from hacking you have to hide your IP address.We can use a bitcoin client that helps you to change a new address with each transaction.It is also important to be careful that we don't want to share the information about our transaction in public space.If be need to buy or sell something and we don't know the second party, for security we can use an "escrow service". By this, the second party will make the payment sends their bitcoin to escrow service while they want to receive the item they are buying. Make a backup of our virtual wallet make frequent updates and use different media and location and keep them encrypted. Always aware about two factor authentication. Avoid using wallet's on mobile sevice that with internet. Get rid of a virtual wallet it is no longer needed.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:11:54 PM

Just yesterday I come across one youtuber where he says
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish
he says he dont even know how this happen.

pls how can I escape this.

Use a paper wallet for storage of Bitcoins. In reality there is no 100% fool proof way of protecting your Bitcoins but I think that using a paper wallet may be the safest or at least near the top. There is always that chance that you can have the keys compromised if you generate them in a way that allows others to see them. There is also the chance that you store that paper wallet in a location that is not safe. Even safe deposit boxes are not 100% safe. And regardless of your storage method, when you go to cash out your Bitcoins, there will be opportunities for them to get stolen.
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:55:37 PM

Scammers and hackers are everywhere; there are wake up all day just and waiting a perfect timing to invade your account and to get money.  From this the government of different countries create a law to secure everybody free from scammers. But what are the thing should I do to protect myself from hacker? To secure yourself free from any hackers you should always work and think smart for every detail that you will give. It’s better to you keep private about some information’s about your bitcoin wallet. Do not login from any mining sites or any free earning application without knowing some details about it. You should always confirm that the sites/application that you are entering is a legit and has a good feedback; with this you can secure yourself from hackers. Remember your action defines what will happen in future.
theeelmusical

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:16:53 AM

The first thing to do is to secure your privacy. Don't easily trust others to know your private keys and passwords, as much as possible, keep it only to yourself. Secure your Bitcoin wallet and be aware of those unknown sites and links. In this kind of technology, scammers and hackers are continuously increasing that's why we must be very extra careful. The only person you can be trusted to is only yourself. Trust no one.

NyLymZbl

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:23:53 AM

Dont trust anyone. For example your private key in myetherwallet, dont tell it or even give it to anyone. Put in into your secret storage that no one can knows about it. Don't even try to put or paste it into any sites.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:37:14 AM

he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish

If you have larger number of btc you should keep in hardware wallet. Ledger nano.

If you are daily trader or frequent trader then you must go to safe hot wallets like  coinbase . Coinbase i recommended

I would agree in this too. Bitcoin price is now getting higher so protecting well should be also a big priority. A Hardware wallet or Ledger nano are good recommendations. Try to google more about it on how it works. Better to make sure not share to anyone your bitcoin links as well or any of your identity so anyone cannot hack it. Make sure that you properly keep your password and not share to anyone else.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
sonny123

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:40:09 AM

The safest for me is not to show your password or passcodes and don't leave your phones or pc open when someone is around
😊 better safe than sorry
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:42:24 AM

In order for you to protect yourself from bitcoin hackers, you should log-in in a secure mobile or computer. Don't log-in wherever you are because the moment you log-in in different smartphones, computers, there's a tendency that some people can view the history and they can possibly hack your account. So to make it safe, always log-in to only one device of phone and computer.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:43:50 AM

Always keep it in system where complete system clear from malware alway keep update firewall and don’t click suspicious link also try to hold or keep bitcoin in paper wallet or hardware wallet when the ammount of btc really high.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:59:06 AM

Always keep it in system where complete system clear from malware alway keep update firewall and don’t click suspicious link also try to hold or keep bitcoin in paper wallet or hardware wallet when the ammount of btc really high.
Yes i believe on that if there will br suspicious malware you must hard reset the system.I believe experience also can prevent being as from being a victim of hackers if we have a lot of experience we can have also more learnings and we can get a refference on how to see the transparency on hackers move .Everything may happened depending on your own way of observation if we are temperate and moderatien we cannot be prone on the hackers.
irienoodles

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:13:32 AM

there are different types of wallets. hardware wallets and software wallets run on offline computers are the safest ways.
store your coins on cold storage - it is done when you create and store your private keys offline. that way, hackers can never have access to it unless they have access to your device physically. Grin
cutie04

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:26:14 AM

You can protect your Bitcoin to the hack if u learn about bitcoin because if ever that happen to your account u can ask the moderator.
Ian Dave

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:37:24 AM

You should secure your all accounts and passwords. Beware of scammers and hackers. We should not give our private key because its' important in our job here. Everyone can view our passwords so we should remember not to give it or paste this.
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:20:49 AM

If you have larger number of btc you should keep in hardware wallet. Ledger nano.

If you are daily trader or frequent trader then you must go to safe hot wallets like  coinbase . Coinbase i recommended

I would agree in this too. Bitcoin price is now getting higher so protecting well should be also a big priority. A Hardware wallet or Ledger nano are good recommendations. Try to google more about it on how it works. Better to make sure not share to anyone your bitcoin links as well or any of your identity so anyone cannot hack it. Make sure that you properly keep your password and not share to anyone else.

I agree, to avoid getting hack of course you also have to become more aware to your surrounding, try not to be a naïve one, there is a lot of ways on how could someone hack your precious bitcoin on whatever storage you are using. Try not to click fishy links in your email, because some of them are just phising links, I've already experience that, luckily I quickly made some actions and change my email password that is the linked on my bitcoin wallet address.

I've enable the 2FA and that assures me that I'm safe to that someone who tries to hack my email.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:28:31 AM

You should secure your all accounts and passwords. Beware of scammers and hackers. We should not give our private key because its' important in our job here. Everyone can view our passwords so we should remember not to give it or paste this.
Hackers are spread all over the world and the possibility of the cases of being hacked is unavoidable and if your on the list or hotspot of the hackers then it is hard to guess. One of my solution to this problem is I made my password long enough and I believe so that it really that secured enough and hard to be hacked.
Jinz02

Activity: 290

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 04:30:00 AM

you need to 100% secure to your wallet and do not trust other people only trust in yourself because many people do bad thing to have a money and one of that is to be a hacker so be alert and secure your wallet.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:24:07 AM

Maybe you need to be secure in your wallet key or dont give your private key to others to avoid hacking.
You need also unique password to some wallet to also avoid hacking.
Check all site that you are logging in because there are some fake sites.

This incident happened to me. My wallet was hacked and I lost my coins. I am wondering how did it happened. Then I realized than I opened my wallet through link on slack. We have to be careful. Yes you are right, some are just mimicking the unique site.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: