Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin  (Read 4394 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:05:12 AM

I have btc stored in electrum.  I do have a password i put in it if you want to send btc.  Thus if you send btc, it ask for your password.  However, i did not put a password there for the encryption of the btc balance.  I also used electrum litecoin where i keep litecoin and when i click on it, i have to put the password in order to view my litecoin balance and history etc.

To those that use electrum, do you encrypt your wallet where you have to put a password on it before you can view how much btc is showing on balance?  Because if you don't, when you click on electrum wallet, it shows your btc balance etc.

I use windows.  What precautions can i take since i use a computer for it?  For example, i asked on a thread where i said if someone had access to my computer, could they install a keylogger or malware or program and then hack my electrum?  I was told yes.  This is true right?  I feel it has to be true since i read about people who download the wrong electron cash and then got their btc stolen... so that means if someone computer savy got your laptop, then you have no more bitcoin?

People say use cold storage or hardware wallet.  What exactly is cold storage?  The thing is what if you use electrum a lot to send btc to and from etc.  Would cold storage work for that?  About the hardware wallet, you mean trezor or the ledger right?  So if you had a hardware wallet, its impossible for someone to hack your bitcoin wallet?  So if you have trezor, you dont need electrum anymore?  So if you download the wrong electron cash on your computer but use trezor, your bitcoin are safe?   But what if someone had your computer and your trezor?  I assume they still need to know something for your trezor and if so what is that?  Is it a password or a number code?

Now let say you dont have a hardware wallet and just use electrum or exodus or your computer.  Well if you put a password on your computer at startup, is that enough or not?  Like if you put a password for windows before startup, its the one where you have to type it before you can use your computer... is that enough?  I did hear its easy to get by that and the windows password is useless.  Is that true or false?  I also heard people mention bitlocker or something like that.  Can someone explain this?  So having bitlocker would protect your computer information if someone had access to your computer?  Thus if they had physically possession of your computer, they would not be able to view your computer without a password?  Because i want to know what is the way to make sure no one can log into your computer if they were to say have access to it.  I assume this is the number 1 thing you could do to protect yourself besides not clicking on links etc?

Also there are tons of links and signatures here from poster etc.  Is there a very good chance some of these links posters post here are keyloggers/malware where clicking it could mean your bitcoin wallet such as electrum get hacked?

Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

Let us always remember that our wallets will be only as protected depending on how much security we are giving into it.
Therefore no one can really be blamed if we lost it.
That is why we have to avoid any sites that we suspect as phishing sites,  as much as possible we must avoid centalized wallets,  the safety of our private key must be of utmost concern,  and etc.
This are just few of the things we needed to pay attention with.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:28 AM

If you want to be safe from hackers of bitcoin then you should provide yourself an offline wallet and that will give you a good assurance that you are safe for long term safeness of your bitcoin because right now,as the price of bitcoin is keep going up, the hackers are getting more attractive to bitcoin and that is the cause of having more proneness for getting hacked.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:48:33 AM

Simply don't give any of your account credentials (username, pass, etc) and don't trust anyone. Also check every sites you login and if possible don't use the same email and password as same as your wallet's email and password. There are phishing sites everywhere
 Be careful.

Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:11:09 AM

In the present time you should not trust anyone entirely. Many 80-90% link sharing that when you opened it could be hacked. So be careful about those who share information like the link because your money might be lost.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:13:48 AM

Just yesterday I come across one youtuber where he says
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish
he says he dont even know how this happen.

pls how can I escape this.
Cold storage is one way to prevent something like this from happening, and that would require you having access to some hardware which would support a wallet, which would be relatively easy depending on where you are located. Once you have the wallet on the hardware, just keep it on there and never access it so that there is no way that someone can steal from it, even if they have something on your computer which could steal from your wallet (also assuming you never have a virus that actively attacks your computer, which is possible).

It's not hard to prevent something like that as long as you are not stupid with your storage, and most people aren't, so just stick with common sense and don't try to cut corners when it comes to digital security and the like.
added on that.dont just click those linked site here or everywhere
Hackers has an access to those untrusted links that might lead to your
Hacking,better no bother for the links that has nothing to do with your concern
If you wanna learn somthing just check it over google or ask someone
You know,for some ideas
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:34:57 AM

he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish

Try to use trusted wallet like coin base i prefer to use that but  coin base is not our wallet because in our wallet coin.ph is the best and most secured wallet and you can use thid to holf and to earn more bitcoin and if you withdraw your money you can easily get faster than banks.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:57:05 AM

Put all your wallet, password, and email information in a safe place. Like personal memory, or on a paid wllet like Trezor. Because Trezor has been tested for security despite having to spend a little money. And do not forget to memorize every email and password.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:29:00 AM

You just have to be very careful. You should know the fact that any digital wallet has the potential to be hacked because it is in the digital world. Hackers are widespread in this world. Study a lot about websites that can get any of your information or anything you have. If you think that website or link is suspicious, don't ever try to click it.
jundel

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:37:02 AM

just type password when you are alone, pressence of mind and cautious with the place and people around while logging into your accounts especially online wallets. and somebody told me that sites with https is safe if the site is unknown.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATIONWHITEPAPER[ANN][ICO]MAINCOINTELEGRAMDIGITAL COIN
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
charlenedave

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:54:55 AM

You need to secure your account and follow all the process for the security. If you did, there's a low possibility that your account will be hacked.

deviant99

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:08:29 AM

First thing you should is don't trust on people or some website related to bitcoins this are prone to hackers. Second, secure your bitcoin to the safest way where no one can know it and don't share what you've earn. The information of your email, wallet, private keys or anything you use hide it. When you come to bitcoin expect it there are a lot of hackers there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:40:31 AM

Dont trust nobody and store your coins on paper wallet or nano ledger s or trezor to be safe. Never give anybody your private keys, nobody besides you yourself needs them.
sanniversalroy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:51:34 AM

i never trust any one because bitcoin is not a small thing. so we should protect our self with best secured wallets like cold storage or something better than this. i never tell about my wallet accounts this is one of the way to protect without being hacked.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:54:54 AM

Use offline wallet. user also unique password. 2FA for additional wallet. better also use a lot of wallet. dont use only one wallet
Tinna25

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:59:38 AM

2fa is the way out of your problem. someone will have trouble with you making 2fa key in your account. and do not forget to set email notification when you log into your account
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:59:40 AM

The best way to protect your account from being hacked is simply don't trust peoples who make such videos because they themselves are hacker.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:47:16 AM

the most thing that we can do to protect from being hack is to place the private keys to save place and never tell to other people how much bitcoin we have. now the bitcoin price increase too high and if we are not careful then it will attract the hacker to steal our bitcoin so we need to take attention of our bitcoin. usually, the simple way can save our bitcoin from the attacker and sometimes we forget about this and makes our bitcoin are stolen. but if we follow the guide about how to save our bitcoin then our bitcoin will be safe.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:58:14 AM

maybe anyone who know about his money or his bitcoin, if you secret on all of your money, you have a less chance of some attackers because if they know it, they must be obsessed on what you have.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:49:51 AM

well there a lot of methods to protect yourself and your bitcoins from hackers such as securing your email, enable your 2 factor authentication from your account if you are using an exchange as your wallet but if you are using bitcoin core, electrum on your desktop cmputer make sure that you are protected against viruses and malwares and lastly don't anyone let gain trust from you they only using their opportunity to steal your bitcoins from you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: