Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin  (Read 4394 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:39:27 AM

The other thing i want to ask is this.  If you have electrum on your computer and keep bitcoin there, if you make your computer very secure... download bitlocker as i heard that is the name of the program.  If someone was to have access to your laptop, would they be able to hack your computer and take your bitcoin?

Because im thinking this.  As long as you secure your laptop with bitlocker, a hacker cannot have access to your computer and view it right?  Because they would need to know the password otherwise it wouldn't work?

So in essence, wouldn't this be close to as good as using a nano ledger or trezor as long as you dont click on fishy links or have malware on your computer.  But if your computer got malware or you click on fishy links where there is a trojan etc... if you use trezor or nano ledger, the hacker cannot take your bitcoin?  Is that true or false?
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:40:49 AM

Just yesterday I come across one youtuber where he says
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish
he says he dont even know how this happen.

pls how can I escape this.

YOu can avoing being havk by always remembering that you cant trust everything that you see. ESpecially sites that tell you to give the log in information so they can hold your money you must always be vigilant on this as this kight be a scheme to gain a hold of your identity

Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:44:04 AM

Save your bitcoin in hardware wallet, I think trezor is the best in this case. You have to protect your computer, I think it will be better if your device is not connected to internet. Online wallet is also good but you have to use 2FA to make your bitcoin safer.

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:53:18 AM

he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish

I guess you need to do the same safety precautions that we usually do when we have an account that involves money. Those precautions involve not giving one's credentials to anyone and not leaving your wallet or account open and visible to anyone. Bitcoin's system is highly secure because it lasted for years, so it cannot be easily infiltrated by hackers.
racham02

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:18:17 AM

I think for me ,To avoid hacking bitcoin do not let others know your password on your wallet, you need to secure your private key and do not trust others or else do not give your personal information to anyone to avoid hacking of bitcoin. we need to be careful and wise anytime 

cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:20:32 AM

basically you need to get more knowledge about that because theres a lot of wallet trying or want to get all your money so try to use coinbase this is a trusted wallet i've seen i think your money is safe here from hackers or try to read more about MEW.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:18:55 PM

Very easy. Secure your wallet, store your private keys in safe that you are the only one who knows. Don't give it to others. Much suggested if you use ledger wallet. Keep your system safe, away from key loggers or any other malicous softwares.

Exactly. It isn't actually that hard to avoid hackers since crypto is pretty safe if you'd make the necessary precautions. It's even likelier to have your online bank account hacked than your btc wallet. Private keys are very important and you'll only be hacked if you've been foolish enough or careless enough to give hackers or other people ypur personal keys
The issue with crypto is that you cannot get it back once stolen, there is a lack of culture of security when it comes to computers that is why people lose their credit card numbers and their PayPal funds, but you can get that money back, but that is not the case with crypto which means that people using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies need to take more precautions, this is not a problem for most of us since we are technological inclined but when major adoption happens that is going to be a problem for the average user.
Junard619

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:58:59 PM

One of Bitcoin’s most important features is that transactions aren’t reversible. This means that once you receive Bitcoin, you don’t have to worry about the sender reversing the transaction. But it also means that if your Bitcoin account gets compromised or hacked, they can send it off and you won’t be able to get it back again.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:02:21 PM

At first you need to try to keep you computer clean as much as possible. Beside you need to keep your Bitcoin in a safe wallet like Trezor or Ledger nano s, but if you just want to use web wallet, don't forget to set 2fa for your wallet. Moreover don't click to any link you received via email Wink

andylioe78

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:10:31 PM

To protect your account from hack do not ever trust other people especially to people who give links / sites 80% of them are hackers. Avoid websites without http. and do not enter your account from the site as well. And it is not difficult to prevent such things as long as you are not stupid with your storage.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:16:35 AM

The best way to prevent being hacked is to have an offline wallet. An offline wallet is more secure than the online wallet. People who want to steal Bitcoins are widespread. They will do whatever they can to steal Bitcoins. Anyone who has an access to your private key will also have an access to your funds. Thus, the only one who should know your private key is yourself. Trust no one.
Noesly

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:32:07 AM

I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin, for me first is don't trust any site that will introduce the scam, and don't give all the information to you, being smart to the hackers.

│  D E C E N T  │      Blockchain Content Distribution Platform.                                                 ( ( (   Join Our TELEGRAM   ) ) )                                                              
            D C o r e              _ Blockchain you can actually build on.
itoyitoy123

Activity: 316

English-Filipino Translator

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 12:33:26 AM

Simply just don't give your wallet address or if someone message you just leave it , there's no reason to reply on the other people we think that suspicious.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:58:52 AM

First thing you do if you dont want to lose your bitcoin don't trust anyone especially the person you dont know his real life and don't talk to the person who offered to you a site that you can earn a bitcoin or money easily and they only want your password or private key so as soon as possible be practical dont give your password/private key so they can't access and hack your coins and if you are logging in your online wallet account make sure that the site is trusted, legit and secured
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:14:07 AM

it may be because of the security that he gave less, he should use the security features that have been provided by each wallet platform. For example on blockchain you can use 2FA security features, login email, and verification of mobile phone number, it is a useful feature to narrow the space for hackers. So I think use the existing security features.
I think when you want to store your bitcoin ina wallet the first thing you do is research about the wallet you want use, second dont trust to those wallet that a lot of saying and many good offering. Third make a strong password and dont tell to anyone your personal info, and dont give a hint about your password. Last make sure you have back-up incase there something happen in your wallet.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:29:12 AM

The best way to prevent being hacked is to have an offline wallet. An offline wallet is more secure than the online wallet. People who want to steal Bitcoins are widespread. They will do whatever they can to steal Bitcoins. Anyone who has an access to your private key will also have an access to your funds. Thus, the only one who should know your private key is yourself. Trust no one.
Sir thank you for these thread, i just read your reply about preventions of hackers and i think offline wallet is more effective for this. But sir how to make or open offline wallet? I want to know how sir please teach me. Because i heared my friend who introduce me in bitcoin that she was a victim of hackers someone who stole her token

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:07:39 AM

Do not trust any website, untrusted e wallets, and avoid phishing sites. Secure your wallet address and keys where you can only access by yourself. Be cautious on trading and gambling since there are a lot of good hackers. Remember that being smart is always ahead don't do stuff without precautions.
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:50:45 AM

its hard to escape to hackers but if you use some trusted wallet like coinbase i think your money wil not stole by hackers and try to think always before you enter in some sites because theres a lot of phising sites that can get all your inforamtion in your account so be careful.
iamsether

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:56:55 AM

Sad to hear as it is really a huge amount these days. I've been reading some posts about they are being robbed too so for newbies like us we really need to take good care of storing our coins. Let's be aware not to open untrusted links as most of those hacked accounts are victims of phishing sites. Also don't put all of your investments under one wallet and see to it that as much as possible write down those private key, don't store them on your computer so that if ever your computer is hacked or your computer broke down there's a possibility that those private keys will also be gone forever. Don't trust anyone especially when it comes to money.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:08:38 AM

Offline wallets are the most cool and safe method but the transfer fees are expensive. Those with Bitcoin in large amounts use offline wallets, but online wallets for Bitcoin are better. I also prefer online wallets when traveling.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: