Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin  (Read 4394 times)
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:45:06 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 09:32:58 AM by LETme

To secure your account don't let any one know your private key don't trust any one, do not connect your devices in public places, turn on your 2FA to be more high secure and lastly do not click any suspicious link because you don't know if that is a phishing website so the hackers can gather any information so better think before you click.  
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:50:32 AM

Airgap with a device you don't use for anything other than holding your btc and eth.   It's a small price to pay for peace of mind.   It can even be a tiny $70 smartphone, it's not like it needs to have a high res screen and quick processor to do crypto transactions.   It's as simple as leaving your device on airplane mode all the time (or OFF entirely) EXCEPT the 2-3 minute window you are transacting with your wallets and even then, only log into wifi or your own mobile data stream using a VPN.  

sent from my X6
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:53:03 AM

Firstly you need to store your bitcoins on hardware wallets and not on online wallets or electrum wallets as electrum wallets are not safe when you store your bitcoins on electrum wallets and when you open some other  site the java programme will direct to your private key on your electrum wallet which might cause to lose your bitcoins from electrum wallet.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Batmain

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:59:41 AM

Just yesterday I come across one youtuber where he says
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish
he says he dont even know how this happen.

pls how can I escape this.

Like in the real world, internet can be very dangerous, without proper knowledge on how to safeguard your wallets online, you are prone from getting Rob. Online thief are trendy these days.
First things first is that in online accounts and passwords, you must remain to be private, even good friends will rob you sometimes.
I've been using a purchased antivirus for a year and I think I don't have any issues of phishing and virus till now.
Strong passwords can help too, make a combination of alphanumeric and 20 plus characters.
And of course learn more about internet protection because we know that our work relies online so we must be cautious and careful online.

Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:01:11 AM

I think bitcoin is safe and secure if you want to be safe from hacking then the important thing is to be personalize every data use your personal things like mobile and computers don't share the password with any one and use a very strong password then i think it will very difficult to hack in the present time. Bitcoin in the famous currency every one want to hold it some of the people use legal ways and some of them illegal ways to earn bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
danielcansil

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:06:28 AM

i think there are so many security layers has been built by bitcoin and it is very secure however the exchanges is different, if it can be hacked by hackers if security is weak, so it is the most common target of hackers, users of cryptos are usually be stolen because they lost their private key, because of that we must keep our private key carefully and beware of phising site when we log in private key, and dont easily put trust on an exchanges that have weak security.
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:27:02 AM

if you are able to keep safe yourself then your Bitcoin would be safe. It's just a matter of security purpose. you have to keep your wallet secure and password must be kept on a secure drive then you can be relaxed about your protection from being hacked of Your Bitcoin stock.
So i would like to suggest you to keep your address in a safe place and never share your personal information to other whoever, anyone. If you can do it then never lose anything in the future.
crazykill182

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:34:56 AM

he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish

I think searching first about the background of the website would be the best security measures.
Theres a lot of scam website which untrusted. Second if you are at work dont leave your account open and always logout to your computer to avoid other users to use your computer and transfer your balance.
If you save your private information in computer files, always put it in a very hidden location where you are the only one who knows it.
Lastly dont give information to others about your account its only yours and yours alone.
crazykill182

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:38:19 AM

To secure your account don't let any one know your private key don't trust any one, do not connect your devices in public places, turn on your 2FA to be more high secure and lastly do not click any specious link because you don't know if that is a phishing website so the hackers can gather any information so better think before you click. 
I think what your talking about is ethereum. Ethereum can be used to transfer to another account using private key.
Correct me if im wrong but i dont think bitcoin uses private key in transferring balances. Thanks.
altGear

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

PRiVCY

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:47:33 AM

trezor or ledger nano s, your welcome for the concise reply!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:08:46 AM

First you have to do is to strengthen the security of your mobile phone.Avoid web phishing, because it is very dangerous.Because BTC is lost due to our own carelessness.

Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:37:15 PM

In investing you always taking a risk but I think it is hard for you to hack bitcoin because you have an identity and your bitcoin has a Security code like 2fa.
stainedsoot

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:03:04 AM

A hardware wallet would be the best option to protect your Bitcoins. For new users it would be a wait to get them, but they are worth the try.
lawnterrific

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:20:35 AM

The system of Bitcoin itself is very secured. The only thing that makes hackers able to get into you is by using third parties or external links.
tigerk6

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:26:23 AM

I think most secure way is to block IP address, on most exchange if withdrawal is requested from different IP they block withdrawal for 5 days...

If your withdrawal is locked NO one can hack even you can't withdraw for 5 days..

gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:40:50 AM

Wallet hardware is the best and safest option. Trezor and Ledger could be an option. You do have to spend extra money for this, but it does not matter, right? the important bitcoins and your assets are safe from theft.

Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:13:18 AM

There are many risk, to protect your account don't trust anyone and the people who share the link don't open it, because 90% there possibility this is hacker. And also your private keys don't let them know that, private key is so important to protected your account.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:19:12 AM

Those reports that were hacked or their balance were vanished through their wallets. The only reason that it was gone is because they were phished.

They put their recovery seed / private key / log in details to that fake website or wallet that they never noticed that it was a fake one due to their negligence and for not being aware of this situation.

The solution is buy your own hardware wallet, nano ledger s / trezor or if you have a laptop, download a desktop wallet and keep your details safe, don't connect it to the internet.

And don't ever save those important words on the web.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:09:25 PM

To be honest, I think that that Youtuber is just clickbaiting you guys. 50BTC and 20BTC and then you simply make a Youtube video? Com'on, you would be freaking out. You wouldn't have the energy to create a Youtube video. That loss is just too much to bear. Anyway, the reason how he got scammed is because he does not know how he got scammed. He doesn't know how to protect himself from the hackers. On the other hand, maybe he do. Maybe he has setup a good antivirus and even have his wallet generated on a separated offline computer but what happened is nothing but negligence. He might have put his private key to a phishing site or maybe even submitted his private key to a google form instead of his wallet address.

A lot of things could have happened but what you should do is always make sure that you are not passively being on the computer especially when you're submitting something like an address because you might be submitting a private key instead. Also, buy a ledger if you really have no idea what to do. Better to make your coins safe right away.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

i think cold storage will be the most useful one i don't know so much about it my friend just told me i should use it for safety purposes. but for me your account wouldn't be hack or scam if you are responsible enough with  it. it's all by your own and do not believe others if someone ask for a link or what do not give any info about your account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: