Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:57:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11642 times)
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1610
Merit: 162

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:42:41 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
who say gold is better are those who do not understand about bitcoin. they assume that gold has a physical shape and can be used as jewelry such as rings or bracelets. but they do not think that bitcoin can buy jewelry made from gold

cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:52:31 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

people who say gold is better than bitcoin because gold is real and not a number like bitcoin that has no shape. other than that maybe they do not really understand with bitcoin. for me bitcoin is better than gold.
There is doubt that until now gold is the precious elements on earth it is been the treasure that our ancestors kept for many years it valuable because it is hard to extract elements and being used as reserved to all monetary value in the central bank of every nation the value of the money is dependent of the bank gold reserved that guarantee the banknote or FIAT money. While Bitcoin is form because of perception that its has value and may will buy for it even if it is a crypto currency just a virtual coins, because it is a crypto currency it is easy to transfer and to send to any body because it is versatile that is why many people adopt on it more than gold.

OneSortieMan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:57:46 PM

Because Gold has withstood the test of time and have survived when other currencies died over and over again. Bitcoin is relatively new and has nowear near the track record that Gold has.

however for investment purposes and those with a positive outlook bitcoin is better because its value rises quickly
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:00:03 PM

because gold is something you can touch, while BTC, unless converted into fiat, are just numbers.
Gold is a very solid form of investment, long term..same goes for BTC but the fluctuation makes bitcoin a bit less appealing for certain kind of investors (think about people investing into art as painting as well).
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

This is just one of disadvantage of bitcoin, gold is tangible and it can store anywhere and this is use for trading for hundreds of years and the value keep rising and rising it maybe slow but not mutable, bitcoin is intangible and only relying on internet and may disappear with a blink of an eye if the government interfere to crypto currency.   

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:07:10 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 05:19:21 PM by Xanxus024

I see why people says gold is better because gold has advantages having physical form that can be used to make jewelry, manufacturing of certain product,
and gold has unlimited stuck while bitcoin is limited for 21 million supply. But when it comes to "investment trust" bitcoin has the advantage over gold.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

Most people think of gold as a safe and reliable long-term investment. we all recognize that gold is the safest item and protected from various economic conditions. gold prices are increasing every year can also be used as an investment option. Maybe in ancient times gold is still often used for everyday financial transactions, but now the times have changed and gold has a high nominal so not suitable for use to conduct financial transactions with small nominal.
sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:17:52 PM

Comparison between the value of gold and bitcoin sometimes indicates that bitcoin has a higher value than gold. For some gold, it's really good because it's safe and its value is stable and protected by the laws of their country. Conversely, the value of the opposite bitcoin increases and decreases unstably. Not protected by law

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:21:28 PM

Simply because gold is a guaranteed investment.  Gold has been around and precious for past centuries.  It is associated with rich people since only rich people can buy gold.  As for me, since I cannot buy gold, bitcoin is still better.  I can earn through it and even buy gold with it.
Weaklies

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

The most probable reason i can think of about why people say gold is still better compared to bitcoin is the fact that gold has form. It's physical, tangible and precious that has been around for the past several years. Bitcoin on the other hand is still quite new and i bet if you asked any random stranger on the street a about bitcoin, i can say that not many will be able to know about bitcoin(as what i have experienced). Try to see both like this: Think of a doomsday/apocalypse like scenario. Since gold is physical, it will still be there whereas bitcoin being digital, will disappear with technology.

I don't disagree with you. But in my opinion bitcoin and gold are separate instruments and different in nature. Rather then thinking gold is better then bitcoin, people can use these instruments to diversify there investment. In future we may see that bitcoin is recognized more than gold. So the more instruments we have at our disposal, the better.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:46:00 PM

As gold is legally accepted and a common store of wealth, of course people who are new or don't know about bitcoin would say gold is better.
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:15:00 PM

in this statement,i think because gold has a physical form and can be invested into various stocks. While bitcoin has no physical form, can be hacked and not everyone knows bitcoin. See the difference that, maybe so many people think that gold is better than bitcoin

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
quoc01663916422

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:16:43 PM

I also do not understand why they say gold better but in my opinion, I see bitcoin better than gold because its price is higher than gold and is growing strongly and is used a lot in the future.
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 04:24:24 PM

If left to me, I don't believe this...I believe cryptocurrency not only bitcoin is far better than gold...trust me

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 04:24:46 PM

Really who said that? For me I don't see any more application for the gold rather than just seating around the corner and make no movement at all. Its value and the market cap is completely locked up by the government itself and they will move it according to their needs. So I don't believe in them and its ridiculous that gold cap is not increased to trillions of dollars after having so much gold on the earth already dogged up.

I mean just look at the bitcoin and you will notice the full difference. Bitcoin has already made more than billions of dollar market cap after coming in the era of expenses and it crossed gold ages ago. Thats the powerful business and the way one asset should work. So completely believe that bitcoin is best choice for me. Don't know why people say it the best one.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:27:20 PM

Gold is still better because of its long-lasting value ability. It's price wont go down over time. Aside from that, it is tangible and you can actually exchange it for everything. Gold can be invested, stored and even sell for very high price.
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:42:22 PM

Because gold is actually an investment for its value has always been maintained through time and it also appreciates since gold is quite rare.

TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:09:35 PM

Gold is one of the valuables. In my opinion, the main reason gold is better because gold has a physical form. In addition, gold prices increasingly longer and certainly more stable.
Yeah I agree with this statement but don’t you think you have tried gold to be over smart than bitcoin? I think you are little wrong here. Gold is stable and it has a huge time of business in world but bitcoin have even surpassed gold in making good profits.

If we are comparing bitcoin and gold for the reason of making money, bitcoin will win this game always. But yes, gold have stable prices, so it advantages in that sense.
We need an indication depending on which view of gold is better than bitcoins.
If in terms of its use of bitcoin is superior, in terms of the sale price bitcoin has the advantage, only in terms of form alone, bitcoin is digital so it does not have a physical while gold is to have value depending on its weight.
And I do not think this is an indicator of excellence.
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:20:45 PM

Well, that is simply because gold has been here for the longest time than any other currencies out there. It can always be used wherever and whenever whatever happens. That is the advantage of gold. Which is why a lot of people choose it than bitcoins. But they are dumb. Why choose one when you can have both? They are only making life harder for them. Because even if gold makes you sure of your assets, bitcoin can increase your assets more. So make them.work together rather than comparing them. Don't be dumb like those narrow minded people.
Naster

Activity: 699
Merit: 274

Crypto Currency Exchange, IPTV, AWS

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:43:09 PM

Interesting question.
First, let's notice that bitcoin has outperformed gold since the start of this year and as a result of this, many market participants have been wondering if bitcoin is the new gold. However, according to Goldman Sachs (leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm), gold will remain a relevant asset despite the rise of cryptocurrencies and they are really vaild reasons for this which I will try to list now:

• Gold has a 5,000-year history as a long-term store of wealth, where Bitcoin BTC is just a few years old (since 2008)
  • There is always a ready and liquid market for gold: you can always buy and sell gold with ease
  • Gold is safer: it will be really hard to steal volumes of this metal, while for cryptocurrencies, stealing large dollar values will not be really hard
  • Gold is beautiful  Cheesy : you can wear it as jewerly
  • Gold is an eletrical conductor, while Bitcoin does not conduct electricity
  • You can use your gold everywhere - no need of web connection: can you use your BTC without Internet? Nope
  • Gold is a real aphrodisiac  Cheesy
  • Bitcoin is clearly in a speculative bubble: when it ends, lots of money is "fired" while Gold isn't in any bubble
  • Bitcoin is still experimental, not so much for gold which has been on the market already for 5,000 years now

However, I still believe that only the moon will stop Bitcoin BTC (No, I don't mean Gem coin  Grin)
It's still a good time to invest in Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: