Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:50:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11642 times)
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:03:24 AM

Gold is used as an asset since thousands of years. E.g. if an rich Egyptian or Roman burred a treasure thousands of years ago, worth so much that you could buy (let's say) 3 houses from it in the ancient times. Now you find that gold treasure thousands of years later and guess what? You still can buy several houses with same amount of gold. Gold is the perfect way to "lock" your wealth for decades, centuries and even thousands of years.

And now try to do the same with Bitcoin. Currently BTC makes you rich and seems to be the better investment but is it still worth anything in some decades or even longer time frames? What if a newer, better currency appears suddenly and more people accept the new money and sell their BTC coins? Then the bitcoin price will drop and drop and drop and maybe never rise again afterwards. This will never happen to gold.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
MiF

Activity: 1400
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:05:02 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
Gold better because it's physical object that can be protected by human being. In other hand Bitcoin is computing process that has high risk of hacker or doomsday (dead internet). Not just Gold better on that security but it also created/come out from earth not human so there is real value and stock in it.
Trust me, in the doomsday, even gold will be worthless, humankind will seeking for safety instead of that useless kind of gold. Also, if you save up your gold somewhere else probably in your house or in your bunker
and if someone finds out that you hold some big amounts of gold. then, maybe you will face the nightmare which is robbery.

Many people today says that gold is better because they all know that gold has a high value and quiet stable than bitcoin, but bitcoin is more valuable than gold but many people are afraid that it will disappear thats why they say that gold is the more stable. But for me bitcoin is the more stable because in the future we will use bitcoin as a money than gold because bitcoin is the one that we will get money in the future because of the popularity of technologies in this generation.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:18:09 AM

You wonder why you cannot buy stuffs using gold compared to bitcoin? Gold isn't a currency like bitcoin. Gold is an asset. Most people aren't educated about decentralized currency and its blockchain. And based on history gold is already an expensive asset.

Yes I agree, they are not educated or I think they are not informed about the existence of bitcoin. But I think its too impossible that they are not informed if technology is too popular and they always use this everyday. I guess they says gold is better because they didn't experience this just once and they always think that gold has a high value and quiet stable but for me? Bitcoin is the most valuable because right now as we can see technology is so popular and bitcoin is continue on increasing and It can help use for our future.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:23:37 AM

well, they may prefer to hold for a long time. bitcoin has an irregular price, and always up and down very quickly as it is today. I am sure, they are the ones who do not like the unstable price hike.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Baijit20

Activity: 414

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:24:35 AM

yes,it's true no one accepting gold as payment option but gold has been the standard asset since the beginning of time.you can trade gold in every country and gold can be make into jewelry and other thinks.I thinks that's why people says gold is better.
humanCNC

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:26:43 AM

Gold is a precious metal, it is ancient. Gold is a standard currency of the world, when the war happened or economic crisis, the price of gold in that country also does not change compare to the world.

pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:46:30 PM

The reason some people prefer gold to bitcoin is because gold have stand a taste of time and is a physical asset that can be seen. Gold can not be hacked like bitcoin.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:55:22 PM

Because gold is much more stable than bitcoin. Bitcoin is better because it gives you opportunity for making quick money, but risk of losing all your money is too high, this way of earning is only for those who are not afraid to lose money. Investments in gold always was popular already about hundreds of years and will always be popular, gold price doesnt changing as much as bitcoin, also your money will always be protected, you dont need to worry about losing money.
CryptoParadigm

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:46:46 PM

Old, established, world recognized/valued, can see/touch/smell but Bitcoin is non of that... Let them think that way!

Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:02:37 PM

Old, established, world recognized/valued, can see/touch/smell but Bitcoin is non of that... Let them think that way!

People says gold is better to invest because gold is valuable metal with a fix price depends on the karat and course anywhere you in the world gold can be trade on his appraise rates or sell standard. Proven that gold is suitable for a long term investment because of a less flactuation rate.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:28:36 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Right now the fees have been going up due to the backlog

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#2w

If you look right now at that link(the last 2 weeks) have seen a lot of unconfirmed transactions happening. Right now there is about 55,000 unconfirmed. So if people are using low fees to try and buy something in a supermarket or in person somewhere, they will have to pay a larger free for it to be accepted.

Nobody really accepts gold as a payment, but they can if they use certain websites.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:07:44 PM

The price of gold does not decrease unlike bitcoin that there is a time that its price would collapse. In gold, it only increases as time goes by and it is morr trusted that bitcoin.
lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:10:54 PM

They believe that bitcoin is a virtual currency that is not backed by real values. It takes a little time, that people would understand that this is not so, it is not so.

anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

For now I also think gold is better cause people can use Gold worldwide and legal cause it's legalized in every country in the world so people can use it to trade in everywhere and whenever they want. But Bitcoin is not like that, it's not legalized in any country yet so we still can't use it directly for everything but for now the place that accept Bitcoin for payment is increasing very quickly so I think in the future Bitcoin also can be used worldwide like gold but without internet like I think it's impossible Smiley)

Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:26:54 PM

In the past years Gold use to be the greatest investment ,but presently,BTC is the goldmine of this age
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:32:53 PM

I think many people think that gold is better than bitcoin because gold has a special shape and high value. And quite stable. But bitcoin is actually more valuable than gold, but bitcoin is virtual money and people are afraid that it will disappear. That is why they say that gold is better than bitcoin
Not completely true. Not sure what you meant by shape, but its value also does not mean anything. Bitcoin also has a very high value, but people still hesitate to invest on bitcoin. Its just because of its stability, many people fear to lose money, where as gold has more stable value.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LastBlockMined

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:34:11 PM

Probably because GOLD is a mineral ... given by the nature and so bitcoin does because is created by humans, but one day GOLD is gonna be all exploted and BTC won't. there will be BTC around.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:40:30 PM

But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
it's because gold is not a means of payment, but a commodity. so no one makes it as money. well, though that does not mean gold is not better than bitcoin. gold has a more stable price than bitcoin.

ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:57:36 PM

haha, I dont know. But I think that Gold and Bitcoin have different role in the market. So, we dont need to compare them.

CryptOliver

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:15:02 PM

bitcoin users are increasing and say gold is valuable but I need more bitcoin ... so bitcoin is superior
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: