Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:10:32 PM

It's great to already have a working project - that gives comfidence and helps the audience to participate. Looks promising but can't you do anything with that blue tone that fills the whole app? It's too fabebook-ish for my taste  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KryptoTark

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:27:26 PM

Yes for me also the platform will be a good alternative of actual big social network. It’s also compliant with crypto world and spirit. I think people who love crypto world will want to use sphere.

when the platform offering user can get income from their activity, it will be good.
so, token will be used to pay for advertisement on platform and pay user

Ye, I cant see any reason why people would stick with using mainstream social platforms like facebook, as the general awareness of the public grows.

People have the sense of freedom and privacy rooted into them - once they see their rights being violated, there is no going back, they will start looking for better alternaives, and im sure they will find Sphere waiting for them!

How is sphere an advantage over them ?

Of course Sphere has an advantage, if the developers keep their heads straigh and stay true to the original promise of decentralized social netowork.
Imagine facebook but add its own currency, where you can buy reach of your posts, set prices to your content, trade on the marketplace, recieve tokens for doing your everyday thing in social media.
Now that and so much more is what Sphere is aiming for. so yea, there is so much potential to this project, and the advantages are major in my eyes.

Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:37:32 PM

There are similarities with Datum I knew this before, but after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=tXmpURw0cIo
I think its almost the same sales pitch as Datum.

Can someone explain what makes Sphere different than Datum?

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:42:20 PM

Yes for me also the platform will be a good alternative of actual big social network. It’s also compliant with crypto world and spirit. I think people who love crypto world will want to use sphere.

when the platform offering user can get income from their activity, it will be good.

Ye, I cant see any reason why people would stick with using mainstream social platforms like facebook, as the general awareness of the public grows.

People have the sense of freedom and privacy rooted into them - once they see their rights being violated, there is no going back, they will start looking for better alternaives, and im sure they will find Sphere waiting for them!

Of course Sphere has an advantage, if the developers keep their heads straigh and stay true to the original promise of decentralized social netowork.
Imagine facebook but add its own currency, where you can buy reach of your posts, set prices to your content, trade on the marketplace, recieve tokens for doing your everyday thing in social media.
Now that and so much more is what Sphere is aiming for. so yea, there is so much potential to this project, and the advantages are major in my eyes.

When you give an example of facebook it looked more logical.

Token price will be set with a usage of the website. If sphere goes mainstream then it will reach the moon, but if don't then it will suffer.

It is all about execution and they are looking good so far.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:46:47 PM

The main advantage for me is the fact that sphere is decentralized, it’s compliant with the spirit of the crypto world and it’s solve the main weakness of actual big social network, centralization.
KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:49:53 PM

When you give an example of facebook it looked more logical.

Token price will be set with a usage of the website. If sphere goes mainstream then it will reach the moon, but if don't then it will suffer.

It is all about execution and they are looking good so far.

Indeed, people interested in the project do have an important role to play. I did download the app, but as it's bedtime for me, I'll have my friend download it tomorrow as well, and we'll suss it out. Try adding each other to friends list and see what options are available.

The idea is really great, it just need some time to grow oragnically for some time, and when there is a solid user base and good amount of features available on the app, then additional marketing should be done.

Peace- out!

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:16:00 PM

There are similarities with Datum I knew this before, but after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=tXmpURw0cIo
I think its almost the same sales pitch as Datum.

Can someone explain what makes Sphere different than Datum?

datum = you sell your data to buyers
sphere = you have a social place where you are in control of your data, afaik not selling anything and not giving anything away
wonderfullife

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

One of the thing which is very cool with sphere is that they already have an operational product and it's very rare in  crypto. We already can download their application.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

how they will use tokens here? What liquidity of tokens?
Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

But for what tokens will be used? Users will be rewarded inside Network in tokens or what? I tried to find this, but Im not  Huh

I also want to know more about the role of tokens here.

I second/third that! Devs?

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:15:45 PM

One of the thing which is very cool with sphere is that they already have an operational product and it's very rare in  crypto. We already can download their application.

Yes, it's nice to see a already working platform, even if it's "just" a beta. Much more worth then just a whitepaper in the end.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:22:28 PM

Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

But for what tokens will be used? Users will be rewarded inside Network in tokens or what? I tried to find this, but Im not  Huh

Please guys read the thread more careful. This question was already answered at least couple of times on the previous page.
Tokens will be used for transactions on the platform and for holding them you'll be able to get some dividends.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

Please guys read the thread more careful. This question was already answered at least couple of times on the previous page.
Tokens will be used for transactions on the platform and for holding them you'll be able to get some dividends.

actually dear, it is hard to track if the community is growing so fast that the pages fly by in days Smiley not everyone has the power and will to read all pages until the last one ><"
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:07:01 PM

I posted about the token before but no one responded to it, so I guess its worth sharing it again since many people keep asking about the functionality of the token:

it seems you can both use the token in the platform and you can earn dividends by holding

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Thank you for pointing this out, i had some speculation about it but, this confirms it, dividends are always nice.

How will these dividends be calculated and will they be paid in SAT tokens or ETH?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:19:48 PM

I posted about the token before but no one responded to it, so I guess its worth sharing it again since many people keep asking about the functionality of the token:

it seems you can both use the token in the platform and you can earn dividends by holding

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Thank you for pointing this out, i had some speculation about it but, this confirms it, dividends are always nice.

How will these dividends be calculated and will they be paid in SAT tokens or ETH?

that's a good question. how much is a dividend worth?

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 873

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:34:09 PM

It's funny to see someone "hoping" it will be decentralized.. while the title of this thread clearly stated "Decentralized Social Networking" =)
Anyhow. The key element in cryptoworld is "decentralized", along with "security" & anonimity.
Allthough for this specific token the word "anonymous" is not really an element.. because it's aiming at social media.
And some of them just don't allow to be "a nickname"..
This put aside, this project has potential because they have an extra layer
I think everyone is interested in how the decentralization of this network will be organized). In my concept this is a computer on which the necessary software for the operation of this platform is installed. Roughly speaking, the server. The information is stored on it. This server is managed by someone. How can we talk about decentralization in this case? Correct, if I'm wrong.

Indeed there is some contradiction here. I do not know of any decentralized social network. It is interesting how this question is solved if the network is decentralized.
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:03:45 PM

I agree with you. Project is very well developed and community is already there. This can be success in very short amount of time. Dev team is nice and active

Its always nice to have a preview in what you are investing especially in a such a volatile market as crypto is. If they managed to attract users already now, then i dont have to worry how they will make it popular later.

stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 04:27:38 PM

It's funny to see someone "hoping" it will be decentralized.. while the title of this thread clearly stated "Decentralized Social Networking" =)
Anyhow. The key element in cryptoworld is "decentralized", along with "security" & anonimity.
Allthough for this specific token the word "anonymous" is not really an element.. because it's aiming at social media.
I think everyone is interested in how the decentralization of this network will be organized). In my concept this is a computer on which the necessary software for the operation of this platform is installed. Roughly speaking, the server. The information is stored on it. This server is managed by someone. How can we talk about decentralization in this case? Correct, if I'm wrong.

Indeed there is some contradiction here. I do not know of any decentralized social network. It is interesting how this question is solved if the network is decentralized.

Really, can't see the problem there. The concept of having a decentralized social network is similar to having a decentralized exchange, for instance. The data is spread onto the whole net.

Maybe it's just me that didn't understand the question though...

hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:39:17 PM

actually dear, it is hard to track if the community is growing so fast that the pages fly by in days Smiley not everyone has the power and will to read all pages until the last one ><"
I totally agree with you if you follow a few projects it's impossible to read everything. People who don't do crypto fulltime don't have that much time.

Terrratron

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:47:56 PM

Really, can't see the problem there. The concept of having a decentralized social network is similar to having a decentralized exchange, for instance. The data is spread onto the whole net.

Even Etherdelta is not decentralized. There, someone rushes the interface, adds new tokens to the drop-down list, sets the gas price by default. And can turn off all this functionality. You can also turn off facebook, twitter. But bitcoin can not be turned off. This is what was meant by decentralization.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:20:04 PM

Even Etherdelta is not decentralized. There, someone rushes the interface, adds new tokens to the drop-down list, sets the gas price by default. And can turn off all this functionality. You can also turn off facebook, twitter. But bitcoin can not be turned off. This is what was meant by decentralization.

But if the few big mining companies decide to stop mining BTC, then it's practically turned off. We are still far away from decentralization.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: