Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:09:23 AM

Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people whith racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?

Why not moderate it yourself?

You know, that strange old idea of if you don't like something, don't look at it?

Do you have to have someone else deciding what you can or can't look at on social media?

Yes you could "moderate" it that way, but actually I don't want to look over some specific topics like for example racist content or a lot of other really worst topics I don't want to write down here. It's not that I say it will definitly become a problem but there is a chance that it will be.

Yes, I didnt before, but now that I think about it, there is a lot of people that are hating on the Internet. How will Sphere deal with that?

On the other hand there is an increasing amount of initiatives to censor opinions under the guise of countering hate speech and fake news. Did you know Trump wants all personal information from people who liked anti-Trump Facebook pages?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politics/facebook-anti-administration-activists/index.html

This trend to police your thoughts is taken further and further. Where does moderating obvious hate speech end and criminalizing political dissent begin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:22:33 AM

Will someone moderate this social media? Because what is with topics which are not really so nice, people whith racistic background or stuff? Could this be a darknet 2?

You know, that strange old idea of if you don't like something, don't look at it?

Do you have to have someone else deciding what you can or can't look at on social media?

Yes you could "moderate" it that way, but actually I don't want to look over some specific topics like for example racist content or a lot of other really worst topics I don't want to write down here. It's not that I say it will definitly become a problem but there is a chance that it will be.

Yes, I didnt before, but now that I think about it, there is a lot of people that are hating on the Internet. How will Sphere deal with that?

On the other hand there is an increasing amount of initiatives to censor opinions under the guise of countering hate speech and fake news. Did you know Trump wants all personal information from people who liked anti-Trump Facebook pages?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politics/facebook-anti-administration-activists/index.html

This trend to police your thoughts is taken further and further. Where does moderating obvious hate speech end and criminalizing political dissent begin?

In Germany we have the goddamn "Netzwerkdurchsuchungsgesetz" (typical German word, I know): Everyone who is operating an Online-Platform is bound to delete 'clearly unlawful' comments within 24 hours. Otherwise monetary fines of up to 5 million Euro will be the consequence.

Great job, the German Politicians did here ...
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:26:44 AM

It is a very controversial issue I think.

Yes, i believe the best way is "if you don't like something, don't look at it" but also there are just areas which are just can't be justified with this. I even don't want to write here what are they.

Probably every social network has moderators, even decentralized ones are supposed to have them. So I think if there will be some disturbing or illegal content, I'm sure it will be dealt with.

It should be free as possible but there should some precautions for extreme cases.

Otherwise, it will be abused heavily. Or it becomes the illegal social network.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:51:25 AM

In Germany we have the goddamn "Netzwerkdurchsuchungsgesetz" (typical German word, I know): Everyone who is operating an Online-Platform is bound to delete 'clearly unlawful' comments within 24 hours. Otherwise monetary fines of up to 5 million Euro will be the consequence.

Great job, the German Politicians did here ...

so basically all the social platform will have to shut down in Germany because it's nearly impossible to keep up with that? Smiley
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:57:22 AM

How much in dividends Ill get? Dividends will be paid in ETH or SAt tokens? Weekly, monthly.. or?
There will be a dividends in sphere? I didn't know that

Yes, they will have dividends. Read this

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

But I want to know detail about dividents  Huh

Yes, I asked this already before. I am wondering how they calculate the dividents and if they pay them in ETH or SAT. Hopefully, someone from their team can answer our questions.

Hello!  There’s been a lot of talk about dividends on the thread.  We’d like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, because our marketing team actually used the wrong word.  “Dividends” is not in our white paper, but it was on our website.  This was a serious error on our part and that word has been removed and replaced with “rewards”.   We apologize deeply for the confusion.

As for the questions about how SAT will be utilized on our platform for profit, we have plans to have users spend SAT as a currency within our network. We will incentivize the use of SAT in many ways, including the marketplace to trade tokens for goods or services, paying users micro-transactions for ad clicks, and various types of social connections.

Users will also have the choice of remaining anonymous or getting paid by making decisions about what personal information and browsing data to sell.  Several other incentives are still being planned and developed and will be announced to the public at a later date.

What you mean by “rewards”? Toekn holders will receive some amoutn for holding tokens?

Maybe it's a reward for being active in a social network? For example, on the number of transactions made for tokens? Maybe I'm wrong.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:22:43 PM

How much in dividends Ill get? Dividends will be paid in ETH or SAt tokens? Weekly, monthly.. or?
There will be a dividends in sphere? I didn't know that

Yes, they will have dividends. Read this

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

But I want to know detail about dividents  Huh

Yes, I asked this already before. I am wondering how they calculate the dividents and if they pay them in ETH or SAT. Hopefully, someone from their team can answer our questions.

Hello!  There’s been a lot of talk about dividends on the thread.  We’d like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, because our marketing team actually used the wrong word.  “Dividends” is not in our white paper, but it was on our website.  This was a serious error on our part and that word has been removed and replaced with “rewards”.   We apologize deeply for the confusion.

As for the questions about how SAT will be utilized on our platform for profit, we have plans to have users spend SAT as a currency within our network. We will incentivize the use of SAT in many ways, including the marketplace to trade tokens for goods or services, paying users micro-transactions for ad clicks, and various types of social connections.

Users will also have the choice of remaining anonymous or getting paid by making decisions about what personal information and browsing data to sell.  Several other incentives are still being planned and developed and will be announced to the public at a later date.

What you mean by “rewards”? Toekn holders will receive some amoutn for holding tokens?

Maybe it's a reward for being active in a social network? For example, on the number of transactions made for tokens? Maybe I'm wrong.

Did they change it from dividends to rewards because of the SEC or is something else meant now by rewards? Would be great if someone can clarify.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:37:23 PM

Im also cant understand... this is rewards for social activity or rewards for token holders  Huh
Thadoneere

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:41:49 PM

Can the residents of China buy tokens if they live in another country?
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:45:34 PM

i assume you can, but wait for an official answer. As far as i know you need to respond to the law in the country you are now buying from.

You may need to prove where you actually live.
Liaoistagur

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

Is it planned to release tokens in the future?
Bouffiftorr

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:50:15 PM

Can I pay for services of other companies by tokens?
gcgsuper

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:58:37 PM

Grin The token represent a share of the project. Its not a mandatory for sphere to has a use case for the token. I think the value will come from the value and the utility of the platform. Grin
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:03:22 PM

i assume you can, but wait for an official answer. As far as i know you need to respond to the law in the country you are now buying from.

Yea interesting we know china has a tight hold on social media activities so not sure a platform like this would be given much leeway over there. Or if it would be welcome at all.

Plus, you know, china doesn't like icos in general.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:04:32 PM

Of course this is not easy, but I would prefer that some specific topics would be controled instead of giving people free space to do everything they want.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:19:05 PM

Grin The token represent a share of the project. Its not a mandatory for sphere to has a use case for the token. I think the value will come from the value and the utility of the platform. Grin

you have to have either a use for the token or dividends or both for it to have any value.

chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:26:55 PM

Some of the successful ICO uses KYC process to avoid breaching any law, if you lived in another place and your ID says your from china they might deny you in joining the ICO.
liliiaolivia2017

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:27:46 PM

Based on what will be created more transparent methods of doing business
on the modern world market? And how will a secure social network using large amounts of data be created, at the same time
Confidentiality? I mean the technical aspect
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:13:04 PM

Based on what will be created more transparent methods of doing business
on the modern world market? And how will a secure social network using large amounts of data be created, at the same time
Confidentiality? I mean the technical aspect

also there is always going to be legal issues around content based on region. how are you planning to deal with it?
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:25:17 PM

Some of the successful ICO uses KYC process to avoid breaching any law, if you lived in another place and your ID says your from china they might deny you in joining the ICO.

and all this happening because the us and chinese government are trying to fuk up fundraising with cryptos... there goes our anonymity Smiley
weekofcrypto

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:29:07 PM

It is a very controversial issue I think.

Yes, i believe the best way is "if you don't like something, don't look at it" but also there are just areas which are just can't be justified with this. I even don't want to write here what are they.

It's easy to say that until the network just turns into a bunch of porn or something. All it takes is one group just spamming their porn everywhere and other users won't want to use it anymore.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: