Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:01:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2051 times)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:52:32 AM

maybe in the future but it will take time and also when all countries accept it.for now some countries ban bitcoin/cryptocurrency but others accept it which is a good thing for future development of bitcoin/cryptocurrency.
Good, more people starting to understand that it will take some work for Bitcoin, and cryptos in general, to become something that will be of high quality for the general populace to use as a replacement for their current means of paying for goods and services.

What I'm saying is that it will probably take Bitcoin getting to a point where it is as simple and easy to use as a credit card for it to really catch on with the general population; once that happens you'll likely see a shift in popularity among people using it more in their daily life than what most are currently doing, and that might be the big "shift" for cryptos to begin (unofficially) replacing fiat. But governments will likely make sure that never happens no matter how hard they try.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:58:34 AM

yes, I am sure that if everyone knows about the virtual currency, then they will leave the fiat, but because they do not understand the technology and the limited knowledge, so they can only talk without taking action.
and it looks like they will go to other altcoins like BTG, BCH, ETH.
Neurogress

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:20:19 PM

NO, this is impossible. But will take a huge part of world money holdings in next 5 years
fusepay

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:30:00 PM

Will it replace current, or has it already?  The mass media and even fake news are reporting on us now. The secret is out, hope you all HODL'd  Cool
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:25:04 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

I cannot freaking understand why a lot of people really want bitcoin to replace cash. It is just stupid. Just try amd think how many things are involved with this idea. How lany people will get hit by this happening. If you do this, you will see that we are so far from being ready to have something like this happen. And is even more likely to be impossibl why not just use both? Why make thing more complicated when it cam be a whole lot easier? Tss -.-
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:45:43 PM

i guess its YES but only possible if crypto reforms the whole world and society . it will takes many  years
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:10:41 PM

There will be no substitute between fiat and cryptocurrency. Both are complementary, despite the times have advanced, we still need offline transactions. Many areas have not reached the development of technology. What if there is no internet network?

Well, lots of profitable altcoin, just need to wait for boom time. I suggest XLM and ETH.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:29:06 PM

It will replace money only when the governments and the big banks behind them will decide that so it should be. And of course they will have control. This is the unfortunate reality.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
smith136

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:30:34 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
not at all simply because of its system were transactions are decentralized, government can't regulate or control cryptocurrency which makes it invalid to become a national currency but I believe countries might release their own crypto in the future.

nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:35:41 PM

Saying that crypto replaces fiat money at the moment I think is a bit premature. Currently, the cryptocurrency market is very potent but can not completely replace the offline currency, predicted the next 20 years when crypto popularity, fiat money decline in exchange rates, then it is certainly crypto will be preferred in the transaction by everyone.

reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:36:39 PM

A cryptocurrency is as much an investment as it is a utility to perform transactions. A vast majority of the world’s population deals in only one currency – their local currency, and the intention of using this currency is purely as a payment utility and not as an investment instrument. If one were to use a cryptocurrency, there is no central authority to execute stability measures and bring things into control when there is a crash. There is no centrally covered insurance on the accounts/wallets. The users will see their wealth erode quickly and will have no backstop or insurance to save their monetary assets.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:41:50 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 05:11:03 PM by KeithBeeCham

The crypto replacement of fiat money in the future I see the very high possibility. But the only altcoin can replace fiat money, Bitcoin does not replace fiat money. Because Bitcoin's current exchange rate is high, a currency unit that does not have a circulation can not have that high price. So small altcoin coins in the future will be able to replace the cash.

seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:50:13 PM

maybe in the future but it will take time and also when all countries accept it.for now some countries ban bitcoin/cryptocurrency but others accept it which is a good thing for future development of bitcoin/cryptocurrency.
You are right mate, It will take some time to legalize bitcoin in the whole world and then he can replace the fiat. I think in the future a lot of people will support cryptocurrencies, It's a new technolgy and we can make with it fast transactions, we talk about few seconds here. I believe that one day, bitcoin will replace the fiat money and maybe it will be the currency of the world.
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:52:43 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 10:26:45 PM by CopMom

The crypto, especially Bitcoin, will replace fiat money, which will inevitably occur, but it may be difficult now. Because current crypto is not popular, not many people know and use crypto for the purpose of trading products. They often use crypto as an asset to make a profit through exchange rate increases. In the next 10 years, I hope crypto will become popular and replace fiat money.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:00:49 AM

This question again. I think you need to search the answer in tho other older thread.
However, cryptocurrency will never replace fiat. Fiat is more powerfull than cryptocurrency. Its more usefull since many years ago.

mjloulie

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:02:21 AM

Well i guess its YES  Cheesy but  it will takes many many years before its all implemented in all over the country.

Yes.. Your right bro.. Because it is too early to change the fiat money to crypto. we have to wait until the government approve it as an money exchanger.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:05:39 AM

I cannot freaking understand why a lot of people really want bitcoin to replace cash. It is just stupid. Just try amd think how many things are involved with this idea. How lany people will get hit by this happening. If you do this, you will see that we are so far from being ready to have something like this happen. And is even more likely to be impossibl why not just use both? Why make thing more complicated when it cam be a whole lot easier? Tss -.-
That's right, there is no need to push crypto even bitcoin to replace our old form of currency. We are happy to have crypto but not the purpose of replacing fiat money, instead it gives us options which one we've gonna used in a certain transactions.  In fact, digital form money are existed already before the creation of crypto just like using atm and credit cards,  and we still using it until  now.
twothirtyfive

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:49:17 AM

Will never happen.  There is no way to generate more tokens when the government inevitably needs to "borrow" more money...lol
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:52:20 AM

That would not happen people still want fiat because it's easier to use you don't need an internet connection and we all know that there are some people don't have idea what bitcoin is.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:57:34 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future
No, decentralized vs centralized. Government will not depend on the currency system which is decentralized.

also if so how long it will likely take. 
Since it won't happen but cashless society or digital money through dollar or any local currency is possible to happen within few years.

Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
The dominating coin is bitcoin and it's the most well known coin but again, it won't replace fiat money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: