Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:15:31 AM

An altcoin is so much valuable during Pre - ICO or ICO it's because of the Community or the people that invested on the project. The altcoin will increase/decrease depending on the market exchange and the number of people investing on the altcoin. Without money, the Altcoin will never work.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:21:56 AM

For me most important thing about investing in an alt coin is 24h volume. I like trading alt coins in a daily basis. If i can buy or sell the coin at the moment I decide from the right price , it’s the best coin for me:).

Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 11:23:29 AM

It's usually the team behind the coin that makes something valuable. The coin itself doesn't matter but what matters is mostly what it represents. What it have to represent is an idea that will have real impact in the future. There are so many projects out there that are doing exactly that, they are not offering anything substantial or of value to future customers. They are jus tlooking to make a quick profit in the booming market and many of them manage to do so, which attracts other people to do just the same. It's a never ending circle which is why we see so many horrible and useless coins circulating. At some point they will all collapse and only the strong coins will remain. These will always be the one's that had a vision and actually impemented steps in order to realize it.

Yes, devs are really important, but their work may take some time to take attention and grow a good community. It depends on news and the evolution of the market. But their is shitcoin with a good community (Dogecoin i'm looking at you) that can grow a lot without good tech.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:26:19 AM

What makes an altcoin valuable?
It's value depends on its practical use. That is to say, it will be just as good as the business model. If it was intended to be used as a utility token for example,  but it turns out that the same service can be used without the need for it. That is tantamount to it being worthless.  
kuyaJ

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:34:41 AM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

Using some advertisement or if it is popular and too many people use it for good reason. like bitcoin, bitcoin is not popular in the past, but now, bitcoin has an advertisement to be more popular and many people being obsessed on this, so bitcoin being popular nowadays and now, it is the most valuable coin in this present time.

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:17:29 PM

It depands on the project and the team and the activity of community, both of them will make an altcoin valuable, and i think the big whales are most important for short-term dump and pump

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:20:45 PM

I feel that the actual usage of the coin is the most important feature. The development team and community are important as well. Strong development team will attract loyal community and eventually form support for the coin.
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

Altcoins are very safe and anonymous cryptocurrencies (most of them). Transactions with alts are faster. You can send your crypto to the other country in less than a minute. Bitcoin is slower, although it is supported my most people.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:24:42 PM

same idea with some altcoins that are running on the market at the moment. try making your idea as unique as possible to make the crowd support your token/coin. Make the total supply to 10-20m only depends. spread it on the whole community make a signature campaign spread your project you MUST have a great team backing your project up.

i hope this helps.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:31:06 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?
Demand is whats going to make your altcoin valuable. There are tons of altcoins right now on the market. Most of them are just clone of other coins and they usually end up dying. Only few of them are valuable since they can provide unique features than existing coins. You just have to make something unique and useful to make your coin valuable.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:53:39 PM

Its easy story: Demand and supply. Those two are what making coins valuable, or not. This econ101. If you are digging for good coin you should always seek for huge demand.

Igor17Krik

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:07:59 PM

If the coins are of benefit and if there is a demand, then the coin will be valuable.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:14:00 PM

The most value will get if you have a great idea that this altcoin can support, and it can be only a shopping store, game, etc... The answer is in the idea too. If nothing is happening with altcoin the value is lower....

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
nodav

Activity: 216

Early Bitcoin investor.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:26:28 PM

I made a youtube video that explains what to look for in ICO's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

That should help you, PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy

Very good video. Many interesting questions have been sorted out. Thank you.

SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 07:35:02 PM

i think is the total number of circulating coin or the total amount of coin supplied by the developer. for me anything in billions is just slow in growth and most of them stop at around 0.04$. Example is DOGE 

boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

Will it address a problem that your community members will be proud of. do you think you can compete with other social network site ? If your coins offering can address this issue , then it might be valuable. Look at steemit coins. How it is using the community to mine coins.

Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:31:24 PM

Will it address a problem that your community members will be proud of. do you think you can compete with other social network site ? If your coins offering can address this issue , then it might be valuable. Look at steemit coins. How it is using the community to mine coins.

But how do you grow community around a coin? Is it based on the foundation of the coin. Like Dogecoin?
Ultra777

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:42:40 PM

What makes a altcoin valuable? I think 3 things:
1. Innovate/advanced tech - most important
2. Adoption + real world use application
3. Good marketing/branding and management

Sounds easy heh?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
rejosh

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:46:33 PM

If any alt coin bring anything new is a good one to invest. For example eth bring smart contract,ark bring pos and now tezos bringing self-amending ledger. I still felt that bitcoin is very old we need something new.

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:48:43 AM

If any alt coin bring anything new is a good one to invest. For example eth bring smart contract,ark bring pos and now tezos bringing self-amending ledger. I still felt that bitcoin is very old we need something new.

What about something new that keeps in in the mind of the public?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: