Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:36:39 PM

Altcoin becomes valuable once it is listed in an exchange like etherdelta, yobit and kraken.  It has a successful token sale and continue to gain acceptance from the public.  It is following its roadmap and has continually meets the requirement in the exchange in order not to be delisted.
yonghongtang

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:37:04 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

What makes an altcoin valuable? - To solve some problems in reality world , that means be useful.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:41:50 PM

There are three factors that makes a coin rise:
First, the project behind the coin. If a coin has an amazing project it's value rise. If not people will stop investing on it.
2nd, if the coin has an active community. The price will rise because the community will be encourage to buy it.
3rd, if the coin is listed in a major crypto exchange site. The price tends to go up as the buy volume will go up.

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:40:30 AM

The tech behind it, whether it will be useful in everyday life. Also, can it be used easily by regular people who have not much knowledge regarding the blockchain.

Mzai620

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:58:56 AM

It's usually the team behind the coin that makes something valuable. The coin itself doesn't matter but what matters is mostly what it represents. What it have to represent is an idea that will have real impact in the future. There are so many projects out there that are doing exactly that, they are not offering anything substantial or of value to future customers. They are jus tlooking to make a quick profit in the booming market and many of them manage to do so, which attracts other people to do just the same. It's a never ending circle which is why we see so many horrible and useless coins circulating. At some point they will all collapse and only the strong coins will remain. These will always be the one's that had a vision and actually impemented steps in order to realize it.
wishman93

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:59:40 AM

In my opinion the community gives it value. As it is with every currency, if its not used and accepted by the people there is no value in it. Same goes for gold. After all that is also just a metal, if people decided to value iron more and do use that as a store of value that is commonly accepted, this maybe would be todays precious "gold".

Not really Tongue Gold is rare, iron is not
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:28:34 AM

Firstly it useful product of course , but many projects donnot have product at all , and cost much because of big society , marketing ,etc.

Aside from making altcoin more valuable are actual usage of altcoins, this will result into high demand on the society and low supply in a market. Plus the achievements was given to investors and the trusts ratings, making it more confident to be the best coin in all cryptos.

Yes I Agree with you, In additional because Altcoin are very popular now, not only in my country but also in the other countries because of its advantage. That people can invest here for such many reasons.
Remember people get benefit by investing into altcoin which are the most important to us.
slovenc92

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:21:15 PM

You need some kind of platform behind it like for example @Viberate.
Hagane

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
Merited by d@nte (2)

If you mean coin with real value, and not inflated by hype and empty promises, you have to create something that people are going to use. And for that the coin has to bring features that will solve people's problems.

Lately, what I've seen is that users have been looking for something that brings anonymity and scalability. If you manage to innovate in that area, you greatly increase your chances to succeed.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
luckylauncher

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:42:21 PM

Most important is about Quality, realization and Another evidence to prove Investor that your work is real
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:49:06 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 05:01:42 PM by jatin729
Merited by Ayush rana (1)

1. Price value
2. Implemented Area
3. Demand and supply of particular,
Now talk about one by one buyers always see first price of altcoins before investing in it, price is playing major role in altcoin value, after that Area in which altcoins implemented for example - There is one ICO which has tie up with very popular company, so ICO automatically get value which has earned by company, for last demand and supply is playin crucial role in altcoins value, because demand and supply high than price will increase, if price increase value of alts also increase.

wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:59:30 PM

Most important is about Quality, realization and Another evidence to prove Investor that your work is real
It will makes altcoin valuable those that has the product and they have planned to develop the project. Yes quality is the most important because it will attract more investors. The way they promote the project stating the roadmap in this way that altcoin has the capabality to get huge in the market.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:40:09 PM

Well as it is with every currency, its the people that give it its value. The same goes for Altcoins as for Bitcoins as for fiat money (only that fiat money is given trust because it got government backing and people somehow believe in it for this reason). But its all about trust and acceptance by the people that are going to use the currency. I would try to build a healthy community and focus on growing and maintaining it. In my opinion this is key for the success of any crypto.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:47:03 PM

There are many projects which are based on the social sharing. Now I have seen a project which is getting attention of many users which is based on giving you insurance based on social network. I mean that’s crazy how far the blockchain tech has gone and how it is helping the altcoin projects evolve. You can make projects based on social sharing which will connect them through decentralised network and can help grow the income with rewarding method of coins. The same kind of thing as steem etc. But put forth in the market in complete different ways.
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

demand does Smiley you know, you must make peolpe want it. make then trust you and believe in your idea.

imunk

Activity: 319

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:06:27 PM

value/perceived value due to their utility and limited supply, and price is often tied to supply/demand. Supply/Demand is a simple economic factor that affects the price of many things. In some countries Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is classed as an asset, in others as a currency. Bitcoin, for example has a maximum of 21 million whole units, divisible 100 million times. With over 7 billion people on the planet, if even 1 billion were to adopt Bitcoin, 21 million whole units would not spread very far without a significant price tag.

Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:35:24 PM

demand does Smiley you know, you must make peolpe want it. make then trust you and believe in your idea.
I agree, but I want to add something. Where the coin is already popular, there is a demand for it, some more things become important: egetting a listing on good exchange, starting cooperation with important companies, etc.

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:42:55 PM

Well demand is what makes anything valuable if there is a good demand for it then the value would keep on increasing as the demand increases.And also i think somewhat it also depend upon total number of coins available as limited things get costly when there is a shortage.If Altcoin is accepted in many places,exchanges then the popularity of the coin would increase.
Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:36:33 PM

Bitcoin is a very profitable investment. In the future, this will make people free and free.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
afriace

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:36:35 PM

In my opinion the community is very important for the value, but for me the developer team is even more important. And of course the tech/project should have an real life usage. Too many coins out there are pumped without an working product.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: