Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 03:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5734 times)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:14:39 AM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

One of the altcoins, Ethereum, is valueable because its network is used for many ICO's that take place.
The ERC20 token need to be operates on ethereum network. Therefore, ethereum is valuable for me.
Many ICO developers are using Ethereum technology to share their tokens. and that is an opportunity to gain profit from ETH in the future. because of course the price of Ethereum will increase because of that factor? actually each altcoin valuable because it has special characteristics and certain factors. such as Denarius with masternode becomes more value for this coin and Ethereum with their platform. and so forth
Diana_Lucia

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:26:33 AM

Fundamentally, bitcoins derive their value just as anything else does: because people want them. Like any other currency, bitcoin follows the basic rules of supply and demand. Currencies have always been useful tools to make trade easier, enabling holders to convert goods into a widely tradable commodity through sale, then use the proceeds of that sale to purchase nearly anything they wish.
kaloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:31:32 AM

What makes coin valuable is when that coin has a very effective project and in order to access or use the services and advantage of that project is through a token.
People will then buy tokens in order them to access and use the platforms.
Like Oyster Pearl PRL, they have a very good project that is very useful to internet users a anonymous storage service so in order to use or access that storage service then they must earn PRL first or buy it from the crypto exchange markets.
That's how the Altcoins valuable.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:41:03 AM

the technology it has and the problem it solves makes the true value of the coin. Best coins to have are the coins that can be adopted someday by everyone. I try to look at the community and the team behind the coin. Active community is a plus sign for me.

Of course the usefulness of the project that makes sense into Altcoins will make more valuable the overall factors from the team, staff, advisors, road maps etc.
Altcoins will become more valuable when the demand is high while the supply is very limited just like Bitcoin and other high price valued altcoins in the market.
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:53:30 AM

There are a number of factors that determine the value of an alt coin. they include and not limited to:

1: the number of investors and the amount they are willing to pump into the alt coin

2:The perception of the altcoins value by the public

3:The media coverage, how wide has it been advertised on media platforms

4:The technological innovations applied in the project.

5: The Blockchain difficulty level

DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:19:13 AM

There are a number of factors that determine the value of an alt coin. they include and not limited to:

1: the number of investors and the amount they are willing to pump into the alt coin

There are many factors, especially the price of Bitcoin, price of the U.S Dollar, Innovation, energy put into securing the blockchain of a coin, and reputation issues such as public perception, and media response.
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:26:38 AM

There are many factors, especially the price of Bitcoin, price of the U.S Dollar, Innovation, energy put into securing the blockchain of a coin, and reputation issues such as public perception, and media response.
The applies to any commodity such as food, water, shelter, technology or any other commodity. Effort put into creating/obtaining it and demand. So keeping altcoin positive in the perceptions of people is key to maintaining value in any cryptocurrency or commodity.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:31:38 AM

I think that altcoins have gained their value from time, its actually peoples or hodlors who buys low price and hold for years .this is the first reason and the second is the devs .. if the project is getting improved... that means more value for the coins
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:08:39 AM

I think that altcoins have gained their value from time, its actually peoples or hodlors who buys low price and hold for years .this is the first reason and the second is the devs .. if the project is getting improved... that means more value for the coins
From time ? You mean all the coins will get some value if time goes on ? If it is so then what will be the actual purpose of that coin ? I believe only the concept behind the coin will be the reason for valuation of that coin. Without those reasons no project will get success so there will be no value for any project's coin.
Novgabby

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:14:28 AM

Well,  altcoins are more valuable these days because of its increasing popularity around the world.
The more popular it gets,  the higher its price will be. 
Altcoins are a hype nowadays since it is easuer to earn than bitcoin. 
For me,  ita a good thing since i earn profit from altcoins.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:31:51 AM

Fundamentally, bitcoins derive their value just as anything else does: because people want them. Like any other currency, bitcoin follows the basic rules of supply and demand. Currencies have always been useful tools to make trade easier, enabling holders to convert goods into a widely tradable commodity through sale, then use the proceeds of that sale to purchase nearly anything they wish.
The good thing about ICO is  you can tread it easily it seems that coin offering is just selling a product or services proposals if you patronized it you become part of  it if what ever the out come of it either it gain profit or not you are one of the investors. as we all know when the working product will prosper and will earn profit 30 % of will go back to ICO holder that’s the time the coins become valuable and as holder will become richer.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:36:38 AM

Project and what problem that altcoin solve. And also the team behind and community, every valuable coin have a huge community to support, and guarantee price of Alt  Grin

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Hoenir

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:39:26 AM

Valuable altcoin has a big ICO , big projects, important reasons to why people use this altcoin. These are very important
basobulat

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:42:15 AM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

altcoin there are many in number
so you should look for one of the existing altcoins. there are many features of altcoin today with features and innovations that are more friendly to our lives. yes, try to research it again

Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:52:39 AM

The reason why altcoin is very valuable isbecause mny people are buying altcoins then thy invest it in some ico projects so of there less buyer then less demand

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:10:15 AM

From time ? You mean all the coins will get some value if time goes on ? If it is so then what will be the actual purpose of that coin ? I believe only the concept behind the coin will be the reason for valuation of that coin. Without those reasons no project will get success so there will be no value for any project's coin.
It must work in this way otherwise everyone will simply create some coin and it will get some big value over the time. That is completely not making any sense.

When we are choosing one coin to invest, we are looking for many factors like the team, the concept, the distribution method, total available number of coins and etc.. So, these are the factors which will be deciding the value of one particular coin. Time will give more value based on the progress of the project not from the beginning point itself.
Bryan13

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:28:55 AM

Theres a lot of reason how can altcoin makes valuable like for example if the project attract more people to patronize their project it can make project alive and if the altcoin have a high chance to boom in the future because of active developer and awesome technology that will click in the market.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:33:28 AM

Altcoin become valuable base on its blockchain's stability. Many altcoins exist without a value because it does'nt have a strong support of blockchain.
If each coin become connected to bitcoin's blockchain, then it would now supported by bitcoin. That will be the start of having value of altcoins.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Based on what I have read and know, altcoins gains value depending on the technology that backs it and the market cap set by its develops. Obviously, when it has a good technology, more people would actually be convinced to invest in it or trade using it that it would have a higher usage rate that would then transcend to it having a good value. On the other hand, if it has a large market cap, then it has a lot of potential to circulate and be used because more people can hold them as supposed to only having a few in circulation.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:58:52 PM

Based on what I have read and know, altcoins gains value depending on the technology that backs it and the market cap set by its develops. Obviously, when it has a good technology, more people would actually be convinced to invest in it or trade using it that it would have a higher usage rate that would then transcend to it having a good value. On the other hand, if it has a large market cap, then it has a lot of potential to circulate and be used because more people can hold them as supposed to only having a few in circulation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: