Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:44:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:27:41 PM
Merited by Vod (10), Aventhe (8), Astargath (5), OgNasty (1)

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 10:29:59 PM

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God?

To believe in a god, you need to be gullible, and believe whatever crazy things people tell you.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
charmaine08

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:11:56 AM

Cause we all know that God created us and it is in the mind if all people .
CarlosRiv

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 04:30:29 AM

If we are a small society on earth and the universe it is enormously clear that God exists, because someone created the earth and the skies genesis 1.1
Bigbangcrazy

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:40:12 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.
There exists no God but only us, the existence.

God exists only in our minds as either hypothetical fatherly figure or some weird antagonist's energy idea.

The fatherly figure is only the approach of people who wanted to create fear among us. Who wanted us to feel guilty. They wanted us to be serious with God. But I don't feel anyone is serious in existence except humans. Birds aren't serious, River ain't serious, tress ain't serious, they why are we so serious ? A tree never think of who is more deserving of his fruit, it simply gives. A river never thinks who is more deserving of her water, she simply gives. Existence is not serious.
It only gives our thinking a satisfactory answer that God is energy and it's in everything and everything is made by it. No matter how apt this idea of God as energy looks, but still an image of God persists. Still, we can think God is responsible for all this. It is only we who are responsible for our actions, nobody else can be held responsible for it.
People believe that God created this existence. As if existence is different from God that needs to be created. There was nothing that was made. And there's nothing to end. This idea of creation and destruction then again creates doubts. Why did God created this world ? When will he destroy this world ? Neither it was made nor it will be destroyed. Existence is eternal. It was always there.
Karavana

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:47:48 AM

Because beginning of life and after life are the two main things that we want to know. But science is not able to explain them.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:03:20 PM

Because beginning of life and after life are the two main things that we want to know. But science is not able to explain them.

Science is quite capable of explaining them, and these have been intricately explained.

Seems like a lot of people "know" there is a creator, they just know it, excellent evidence right there. Did you know that in court, witness testimony is considered the lowest form of evidence?
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:04:59 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 01:25:56 PM by Parodium

It is not in my mind, in fact over time religion is falling out of favor, there is an increase in atheist groups, and agnosticism is on the rise.

Seems like soon enough, religion will be a thing of the past as science confidently explains all which was once attributed to God.
feinter

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:28:50 PM

If God exists and we do not realize it, then we live without understanding the basic truth in the universe. God has unlimited power and wants to use it for our good. The Bible describes him as a loving father who is willing to help us
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:46:50 PM

if you ask your question  how the human body functions, there is no doubt in me that God exists. Every part of our body, even the smallest, has its role

fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:04:24 PM

I don't believe in God when I was a child. Today I believe in Him for many reasons.
1. If big bang theory was true who created the matter?
2. Everything is temporary.
3. Love exist but untouchable.
ET'C.
I believe because of matter, temporary and love. There is a thing beyond our imagination. Thank you

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 01:24:46 PM

You nut jobs are funny.   Cheesy

You have an issue with matter being created from nothing, but no issue with an omnipotent creature being created from nothing.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:29:14 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

I don't believe in God when I was a child. Today I believe in Him for many reasons.
2. Everything is temporary.
3. Love exist but untouchable.
ET'C.
I believe because of matter, temporary and love. There is a thing beyond our imagination. Thank you

None of these are beyond our imagination;

1. The big bang is the beginning of all matter, before it matter did not exist. Prior to the big bang there was expansion of the scalar field, fluctuations in the scalar field lead to the conditions prior to the big bang.

2. Everything is temporary, how exactly is that proof of God? As far as we are aware time may be infinite, whilst we may live in a bounded universe.

3. Love is simply a chemical cascade occurring within the brain, the effects of oxytocin and vasopressin lead to pair bonding in mammals, individuals deficient in these suffer deficits in their ability to experience love.

If God exists and we do not realize it, then we live without understanding the basic truth in the universe. God has unlimited power and wants to use it for our good. The Bible describes him as a loving father who is willing to help us

The bible also teaches you to dash disabled children against a rock to kill them, and that slavery is perfectly fine.

if you ask your question  how the human body functions, there is no doubt in me that God exists. Every part of our body, even the smallest, has its role

Every part of a car has its function, and yet was not created by God. Many parts of our body do not have a role, they are called vestigial organs. Furthermore, the human body is flawed, it accumulates damage over time, the repair processes fail and we develop tissues that are harmful for our continued survival. For such a perfect being, God didn't do a good job.

albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:40:09 PM

I do believe that God exist. Everything you see is a proof of his existence. Its not like "to see is to believe" kind of thing. Its a mystery on how he work wonders. Even impossible things can happen if there's a faith involved.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
yvonnegalvan

Activity: 128

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:02:13 PM

Yes of course! I do believe that God exist, without God were not here, God created Us, God created the Universe, God I very powerful because God created a very wonderful things that we can see here in Earth. Every scientist want to know if how beautiful things created.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 02:04:43 PM

I do believe that God exist. Everything you see is a proof of his existence.

What do you mean?  Look up the word "proof" in a dictionary.   Roll Eyes

Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:07:03 PM

Yes of course! I do believe that God exist, without God were not here, God created Us, God created the Universe, God I very powerful because God created a very wonderful things that we can see here in Earth. Every scientist want to know if how beautiful things created.

You seem like quite the intelligent, rational fellow. You've converted me.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:24:21 PM

I do believe that God exist. Everything you see is a proof of his existence. Its not like "to see is to believe" kind of thing. Its a mystery on how he work wonders. Even impossible things can happen if there's a faith involved.

Please show me some of these "impossible" things that have occurred due to faith alone? Seriously, we live in an age of cameras, there should be thousands of these miracles on Youtube right?

You theists are hilarious, you believe that all the 3000+ other Gods are made up fantasies, but your God.... Yours exists right, because you know so.

Because you've got a single book and a few scriptures written thousands of years ago, you weigh these against the many thousands of scientific books, and decide that yours is correct?

I find it truly disgusting how people can be so ignorant.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:29:23 PM

We need not to question God about the sins, diseases and other things that makes our lives miserable.  For some reason it hapened to us because we did somwthing in the past or it was transferred to us by our parents or relatives.  I believe in God because I am His creation.  Everything that we see, someone created that right?  So God created us.  I believe in Him because He is the reason why I am still alive.  All the beautiful things we see are from Him.
Gen iUs

Activity: 74

Patience is virtue

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:34:56 PM

I do believe that God exist, without Him we are nothing,
but religion,science, philosophy, money, good deeds, and good works can't give salvation. Just believe that Jesus is the Christ because He is the Only way to meet God. If you will observe this world there's many problem because of satan, sin and people are separated from God. John 3;16 For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have Eternal life. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: