Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:46:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:04:54 PM

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God?

To believe in a god, you need to be gullible, and believe whatever crazy things people tell you.  :/

I do strongly believe that God exist there are lot of reasons one of them is the "UNIVERSE"  all the things are in proper manner like the distance between the earth and sun to maintain the proper gravity , revolving speed of earth to maintain the day and night ,The motion of moon, atmosphare of earth for living, fruits are covered etc these are the big sings for the existance of almighty Allah (God)

You forget to notice the quadrillions of worlds which do not fit the correct conditions of life, it is obvious that in one of these countless solar systems the correct alignments would occur.

Allah doesn't seem very mighty to me, can't even show himself, has to hide behind the curtain of belief.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackbutterfly

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:30:40 PM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.
I believe God exists because God for me is the best doctor, healer, provider and his the only one who can do miracles. God exists because we all know that his a forgiving God to our all sins.

vinzanityyy

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:37:29 PM

It actually depends, if your'e an atheist or not, if you believe in him, and if you do not, and as a matter of fact that is a very broad question and can be answered through even 5000+ characters or more just to explain all of that.
Golegard

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:43:31 PM

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God?

To believe in a god, you need to be gullible, and believe whatever crazy things people tell you.  :/
Yes.  I am a catholic and we all believe in one God who created heaven and earth. He has given us life. He,  who is the answer to all the questions in me.  GOD the almighty father that who ever believes in him shall not perish and will live an ever lasting life.

mattprochazka

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:50:16 PM

I don't belive in god, wherein my is him when i got troubles, i only trust in my parents who help me stay away from troubles or saving me from them.
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

I believe in God because without him, our life will have no purpose.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:47:17 PM

I believe in God because without him, our life will have no purpose.

Do you not see how paradoxical that statement is?

You are essentially saying that God gives our life purpose, and you believe in God because of that. Which is equivalent to saying, you believe in God because God exists.
yeezycheezy

Activity: 476

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:53:34 PM

coz i always feel god that always god me whenever i am god always there throught thick and thin and the presence of love that god gave i feel it thats why i believed god exist

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:09:01 PM

I think topics about god exsistence should be banner here. So many times it was discussed here and you are making topics again and again. Looks like religious squad here.
P.S. God is a tale.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:58:26 PM

coz i always feel god that always god me whenever i am god always there throught thick and thin and the presence of love that god gave i feel it thats why i believed god exist

What about the hundreds of millions living in poverty, in sickness and disease, is God with them too? How about the starving millions, and those under terror of war, slavery and dictatorship? Is God walking with them too?

If you witness someone starving, do you stand by and watch, like God does? Seems like God is quite the heartless monster.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:14:28 AM

What about the hundreds of millions living in poverty, in sickness and disease, is God with them too? How about the starving millions, and those under terror of war, slavery and dictatorship? Is God walking with them too?

If you witness someone starving, do you stand by and watch, like God does? Seems like God is quite the heartless monster.

Do you ever ask them if they believe in GOD in whole of their life. GOD is not blind He knows who are in need. Do you think that reasoning can give you anything you want if you don't ask. Sometimes you don't need to blame GOD why there are suffering and war they Have, did you ask what is the action of their Government and do they/you accept GOD as your GOD. GOD will not take action unless you don't humble down yourself accepting that He's Thinking is infinity and beyond. Remember CHRIST came down not to spread religion, and Philosophy He came down to let Blind people realize that fight in this world is not in physical aspect it is in the spiritual aspect. Where do you think you're going if you die?

I know you really don't believe in GOD it's because of your pride, that's why Lucifer has fallen down from Heaven, because in Lucifer is no Truth, He only speaks lies. How can he be a GOD if Lucifer is just only a creation. Otherwise, HOW can you be the administrator of this forum if you are not the creator, it's theymos Himself if you want to take that position you will be kicked out. (I'm not saying that you're taking the position it's just an example.

It's all about pride that is in you.

Common man, come to your senses, visible things are temporal which invisible things eternal.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:26:17 AM

Obviously, I do not believe in god but people have believed several gods since the earth came into existence. Human kind are born with an emotion that is admiring the superior ones . For that reason, people believe in so - called gods.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:58:17 AM

Do you ever ask them if they believe in GOD in whole of their life. GOD is not blind He knows who are in need. Do you think that reasoning can give you anything you want if you don't ask. Sometimes you don't need to blame GOD why there are suffering and war they Have, did you ask what is the action of their Government and do they/you accept GOD as your GOD. GOD will not take action unless you don't humble down yourself accepting that He's Thinking is infinity and beyond. Remember CHRIST came down not to spread religion, and Philosophy He came down to let Blind people realize that fight in this world is not in physical aspect it is in the spiritual aspect. Where do you think you're going if you die?

I know you really don't believe in GOD it's because of your pride, that's why Lucifer has fallen down from Heaven, because in Lucifer is no Truth, He only speaks lies. How can he be a GOD if Lucifer is just only a creation. Otherwise, HOW can you be the administrator of this forum if you are not the creator, it's theymos Himself if you want to take that position you will be kicked out. (I'm not saying that you're taking the position it's just an example.

It's all about pride that is in you.

Common man, come to your senses, visible things are temporal which invisible things eternal.

So you just said God allows people to suffer because they don't humble themselves and believe in him..... That is completely psychotic. So because someone doesn't believe in you, you condemn them to torture and don't intervene?

I also don't think you understand the concept of all-knowingness, God supposedly knows EVERYTHING, everything that has happened, is happening and will happen. God KNOWS you will never believe, and yet still created yet, predestining you to eternal torture.

If God exists, truly he is not worth worshipping as he must be the most malevolent being to ever exist.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:00:12 AM

for the fact that i am living right now and seeing the many things that even science cannot prove makes me believe that there is someone up there looking at us, and he is God the Father.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:03:46 AM

for the fact that i am living right now and seeing the many things that even science cannot prove makes me believe that there is someone up there looking at us, and he is God the Father.

Science has proven nearly everything that people once attributed to God, give us more time, and we'll answer all your questions.

RoseIsaiah

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:12:16 AM

God(an old man from the clouds) doesn't inspire me. I believe in another gods.
Shiller2009

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:53:28 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

Well, that's how since my childhood I believe everything, I'm baptized, and somehow I was raised so that I believe in God)) I pray when there is a problem, and it helps me

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

I believe in God because I am His creation.

That's kind of disrespectful to your parents, but it's your fantasy I guess.

I believe God exists because God for me is the best doctor, healer, provider and his the only one who can do miracles.

But you still go to a real doctor when you get sick, right?   Tongue

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 12:00:44 PM

Science has proven nearly everything that people once attributed to God, give us more time, and we'll answer all your questions.

You seem like an intelligent man.  Thank you for participating and not just writing these brainwashed fools off, like so many atheists do.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
mysterio2018

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:01:46 PM

Things they say about the God and Jesus are real. The God is one, he just goes by many names.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: