Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:04:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:48:03 PM

I personally believe that God exist. Because if there is no existence of God then there is no existence of human. God created us for earth and the earth is created by God. The existence of God is everywhere. Rain, leaf, water, clouds, sun all says about existence of the creator and the creator can only God. That's why I always believe the existence of God.

All of these are the greatest evidence against the existence of God.
Beganvk

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:32:25 PM

i believe in God because he is my life and everything

* Denarius: Ancient Money for a New World *
- Bitcoin Talk -  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1967207.0)
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:49 PM

i believe in God because he is my life and everything

A dangerous mentality. I notice an illiterate/poorly educated undertone from most of these responses.
princess.tyche

Activity: 110
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:07:13 PM

If we don't believe in God then what is our purpose of living? With God everything makes sense. We have something we lived for.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:18:36 PM

If we don't believe in God then what is our purpose of living? With God everything makes sense. We have something we lived for.

Scientific progression, space exploration, overcoming disease and mortality, and eventually, creating life if there is none elsewhere.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 08:46:21 PM

I just hope that there is something more powerful in this world than we are. Smiley

Black Holes   Smiley

There are probably millions of forms of life out there more powerful than we are.   Due to distances of space, we haven't discovered them yet.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Radheshyam boss

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:37:13 AM

There are thousands of reasons by which u believe god exists. Sometimes it happens that can not be trusted. Those scientists too can not understand.
bulls3y3

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:39:01 AM

Because god create all the things in this world. Because of him there is light, darkness, the universe, plants and animals. And the most beautiful of his creation is us humans. Thats why we are all here living in this world.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:43:51 AM

I believe that he exist because life has a meaning. We are a very complicated species that has a specific role to play in this role and that is a strong proof that He exists. From the worst to best situation, it still had effect on us and that is also another proof that everyone has their own role.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:56:29 AM

I believe that he exist because life has a meaning. We are a very complicated species that has a specific role to play in this role and that is a strong proof that He exists. From the worst to best situation, it still had effect on us and that is also another proof that everyone has their own role.

What about babies that die shortly after birth? What was their role? By saying we have a role, you imply that God gives us a role. In that case, God decided their role was to die.

What about people who struggle in poverty, starvation, abusive conditions etc, living in fear daily. What is their role?

Humans were not created, therefore there is no grand purpose to our existence, we simply are, and that's enough.
PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:34:53 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

Yes, i believe there is a god and i think it isnt what they describe it from the books..I think it is far from what we expected and its bigger than we thought. I dont know, but i refuse to believe that we only exists because of a random accident happened a long time ago in the cosmos. Big bang theory and stuff. I respect other people who doesnt believe there is a god. But For me, someone or something jumpstarted life in the universe. Because i feel about it and i believe about it. Its my faith.. Not religiously but because of what is obvious for me. There is a god because there is life,and science cant still figure it out where life goes after you die. Because there is love,sex,death,taste buds,beach sunrise and sunset, first glance and touch of a firstborn child, Music etc.  Pretty much everything that makes this whole world interesting and beautiful.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:00:27 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

Yes, i believe there is a god and i think it isnt what they describe it from the books..I think it is far from what we expected and its bigger than we thought. I dont know, but i refuse to believe that we only exists because of a random accident happened a long time ago in the cosmos. Big bang theory and stuff. I respect other people who doesnt believe there is a god. But For me, someone or something jumpstarted life in the universe. Because i feel about it and i believe about it. Its my faith.. Not religiously but because of what is obvious for me. There is a god because there is life,and science cant still figure it out where life goes after you die. Because there is love,sex,death,taste buds,beach sunrise and sunset, first glance and touch of a firstborn child, Music etc.  Pretty much everything that makes this whole world interesting and beautiful.

Scientists don't even try to determine what happens after you die, as we do not believe in the immortal soul, that is a religious concept. There is no need to prove the obvious, when you die your consciousness stream is lost, and you cease to exist, it is as simple as that. We are able to perceive ourselves because we are conscious, your brain must be operating for you to be conscious, hence if your brain dies, your conscious and hence 'you' die too. There is absolutely zero evidence to believe otherwise.

Scientists only try to prove theories that are realistic, or have some sort of observational evidence behind them, as for life after death, there is none.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:07:54 AM

existence of god is a belief that some considers it to be true and some may be not.......but in my opinion....the things that are gifted to us ..the relaxation life....our parents..our friends...all are a gift to us by the god....he is the creator of the universe!!

What about cerebral palsy? Was that one of his gifts? How about osteogenesis imperfecta? Another one of his creations? Oh, how about Necrotizing Fasciitis? A disease where your soft tissues are gradually destroyed? Seems like your creator has a sinister side.
isaacobot

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

if i cant put a puzzle together of how i can multitask at a single time or how i came into existence.
then there is someone up there who exist and thats God
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:32:49 AM

if i cant put a puzzle together of how i can multitask at a single time or how i came into existence.
then there is someone up there who exist and thats God

Beautiful logic, almost poetic in its simplicity.
alisha123

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:43:21 AM

It was scientifically proved that God exists, but how are we the people who do not believe until we see it is very hard to believe in God as long as you do not see it. Here comes the belief, to believe so much in something you have never seen, but on whose being you feel it all the time!
And I believe in God just because I felt his being with the help he gave me!
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:46:23 AM

It was scientifically proved that God exists, but how are we the people who do not believe until we see it is very hard to believe in God as long as you do not see it. Here comes the belief, to believe so much in something you have never seen, but on whose being you feel it all the time!
And I believe in God just because I felt his being with the help he gave me!

Please show me this "scientific proof".

I have never felt his presence, nor have I ever believed. What you felt was a delusion of the most destructive sort, the belief that you have an omnipotent being on your side, what a dangerous belief.
nicpaig

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:13:38 AM

i believe God exist because it give me a second life, last 2008 i was confined in the hospital because my platelet goes drop in 28 so i need to have a blood transfusion because of dengue fever. My parents and relatives prayed for me everyday so lucky i was survived.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:17:44 AM

i believe God exist because it give me a second life, last 2008 i was confined in the hospital because my platelet goes drop in 28 so i need to have a blood transfusion because of dengue fever. My parents and relatives prayed for me everyday so lucky i was survived.

Do you think you would have survived without that blood transfusion?
akalanka

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

No me ,i am not believe god exists
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: