Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:22:45 PM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

I do believe that God exist, without Him we are nothing,
but religion,science, philosophy, money, good deeds, and good works can't give salvation. Just believe that Jesus is the Christ because He is the Only way to meet God. If you will observe this world there's many problem because of satan, sin and people are separated from God. John 3;16 For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have Eternal life. 

Yes that is true. God created the world and all that is in the world including mankind. No one can ever do that because there is only one God,  the most powerful God. No words can contain Him. The Bible is the proof and basis of everything. You only need to believe even if you do not see Him. Even the end of the world is written in there,  the coming of the anti christ and the second coming of the Lord.

How do you know the real god is not Zeus or Allah? How is the Bible, a book, proof of anything? Is the Harry potter book proof that harry potter exists? Why would I believe in something just for the sake of it. People have been saying that the second coming is near for thousands of years.

People say lots of stuff. The Bible says that the second coming is soon. If the second coming doesn't happen for 10 million years, yet, it will be soon. How can that be? If you live over 100 years, it won't be much over. The next thing you will see after you die out of your short life, is Jesus coming in the clouds, and calling you out of the grave. One hundred years isn't long in the scheme of time. He is coming soon. He is coming for you soon.

Cool

You mean Zeus, not jesus.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:09:20 AM

I really believe in God because how universe created if there's no such a Creator until now Science can explain this they are only have theories about this. I do believe that God created all of this with purpose and you don't have to see just to believe even though God didn't visible with our naked eye we can feel his presence inside our heart you just have to faith and believe.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
joms123

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:43:29 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

JUST FAITH !
For me because He exists and He sent His son to die on the cross and was raised to sit at the Father’s right hand to save me, and intercede for me in this life leading and directing my path and one day taking me home to spend eternity with HIM.

God exists and coming to faith in Him provides us with strength to live in this broken world and yet live out a purpose designed by Him and walk through our heartaches and challenges along the way, and give us hope that one day this will end and we will live forever in a place whether there is no sorrow or death or pain or sin.

I am including some links I pray you will read and discover as I have that living out my faith in God is the only way to live a life worth living and the hope it gives us for tomorrow.
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:50:46 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (1)

Alright guys, let's get this back on track. So far I've had a lot of blabbering, and no real rationale behind beliefs.

I want you to explain to me WHY you believe in God despite the evidence presented in OP.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:48:57 PM

I believe the God exist not because my family told me to do so; not because my friends encourage me to believe such; and not because religions taught me to do so; but because I've experience how powerful and great He is. I believe that we are all creations and creation cannot be created without its creator --- and that creator I think is the God. Moreover, I believe in the hierarchy and there is more powerful that the 'most powerful' and that is God. Furthermore, I believe the He, as the omnipotent, omnipreset, and omniscient being, He is also the alpha and omega and the uncausable cause.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Astargath

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:59:57 PM

The idea that something came from nothing is ludicrous. Science is based on the premise that everything comes from something. To think that something originated from absolutely nothing is unreasonable and illogical.
It would be ridiculous to look around us at all the intricacies and complexities of nature and deny the existence of a higher power and to say that all these things happened by random chance.

God made everything out of, what exactly?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:29:27 PM

The idea that something came from nothing is ludicrous. Science is based on the premise that everything comes from something. To think that something originated from absolutely nothing is unreasonable and illogical.
It would be ridiculous to look around us at all the intricacies and complexities of nature and deny the existence of a higher power and to say that all these things happened by random chance.

Vibrations in nothing... empty space. You know that God spoke things into existence. You have read it in Genesis. God, being Who He is, speaks a bit differently that we do. His speaking creates vibrations in empty space, resulting in the energy vibrations that everything is made up of, in their sub-subatomic existence.

Part of hiding this knowledge from people, is turning the nothing of empty space into exactly that... nothing. In reality, the thing that we call nothing, or empty space, is an elastic solid through which the vibrations of everything that we are, has been transmitted and carried, by the speaking of God.

People of the past knew this, and called it the aether, even though they didn't know what the aether is. We simply claim that the aether doesn't exist, only because we can't seem to get a handle on it. Our science is so weak that it can't do much of anything, and so stupid that it sticks its head in a hole in the sand regarding the things it doesn't understand.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jaxteller

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:45:28 PM

For people who struggle whether a God exists or not asks yourself these questions:

- How did the first human beings get here on planet earth?
- How did planet earth come to be in the first place?
- How did the universe come to be?

I cannot find any believable answers to these questions, which makes it simple to me to believe there is a God.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:08:13 PM

All of the atheistic scientist cannot even explain exactly how the world began.There are so many loopholes about the creation theories especially on how things started from organism to another. Until now, no one can prove who created the organism which began to evolve to another organism. Still, the gap lead us back to the Bible.

That's just ignorant... Science has explained all of this... have you seriously looked?

Even if science didn't have an answer, that doesn't mean god did it... and which god?  How do you know there is only one god?  Is there any evidence at all that points to a god, or gods, or a specific god?  I seriously have not found anything where god is a legitimate explanation
kerremy

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:51:30 PM

Why does believing God exist?

I would say that Trust in God is a very logical belief. Conversely, if someone does not believe in God, it can be said that it is against reason.

This logical approach is based on the "self-evidence principle" or the principle of truth that does not need to be proven, such as a result of causality. We do not need to prove whether "causality" is a true principle, because this has become part of the general or "universal" thinking that is the basis of truth to apply to all other principles.

For example, we don't need to prove that the circle is round. There is no conflict between faith and reason. Many people say that faith must not be combined with philosophy or reason, it will be ambiguous and impure. This is a wrong opinion because faith and reason come from the same source. If both come from the same source, then the two cannot contradict each other.

Indeed reason can only reach a certain level. With reason, humans can prove that God exists, God is one, God is good and eternal, etc. But there are many things that might not be achieved by reason, but God needs to give His revelation to humans, such as Trinity, incarnation, sacrament, salvation, etc. That's when reason must cooperate with faith.

Faith without using reason will make someone too fanatical (fideism). Conversely, reason without faith will make people lead to things that are wrong and lost.

in short, I believe that God exists because I have reason and faith.
Astargath

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:47:27 AM
Merited by Moloch (5)

Vibrations in nothing... empty space. You know that God spoke things into existence. You have read it in Genesis. God, being Who He is, speaks a bit differently that we do. His speaking creates vibrations in empty space, resulting in the energy vibrations that everything is made up of, in their sub-subatomic existence.

Part of hiding this knowledge from people, is turning the nothing of empty space into exactly that... nothing. In reality, the thing that we call nothing, or empty space, is an elastic solid through which the vibrations of everything that we are, has been transmitted and carried, by the speaking of God.

People of the past knew this, and called it the aether, even though they didn't know what the aether is. We simply claim that the aether doesn't exist, only because we can't seem to get a handle on it. Our science is so weak that it can't do much of anything, and so stupid that it sticks its head in a hole in the sand regarding the things it doesn't understand.

Cool

So basically, you fabricate some story about vibrations and how god made things without a single shred of evidence and then proceed to say, people know this, even though they don't. Our science is so weak but do not worry, I badecker, a god, know everything and I'll tell you all how it is.

Thanks god badecker, we can always count on your infinite knowledge!

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
PrinceKael

Activity: 30
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:08:08 PM

Arguably, even the best scientists cannot precisely predict what tomorrow holds for anybody. Meaning that there is a supernatural being who is in charge of the entire universe.

Just because people don't know something doesn't mean God exists.

To each to their own, but I'm of the opinion that no God exists - I use to be Orthodox Christian but I found myself questioning everything through puberty and finally became an atheist after failing to validate my religious beliefs.

If we were talking about this in 600BC we'd likely be referring to the Norse Gods like Odin or the Greek Gods.

Furthermore the Bible is full of graphic depictions of abuse and discrimination that should have no place in the modern era, along with multiple contradictory statements and although it makes an interesting novel, I must admit the ancient religions are more interesting to study.

If God exists and the Bible is true as written by the apostles of Jesus then it reasons to stand that God acted multiple times in fits of range by killing a plethora of innocent people. As it stands I could not support that God even if he did exist and would rather side with the castaway 'Morning Star'. That being said I'm prepared for the Gnostics and Biblical Allegorists to counter-attack  Wink
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:44:44 PM

Arguably, even the best scientists cannot precisely predict what tomorrow holds for anybody. Meaning that there is a supernatural being who is in charge of the entire universe.

To each to their own, but I'm of the opinion that no God exists - I use to be Orthodox Christian but I found myself questioning everything through puberty and finally became an atheist after failing to validate my religious beliefs.

If we were talking about this in 600BC we'd likely be referring to the Norse Gods like Odin or the Greek Gods.

Furthermore the Bible is full of graphic depictions of abuse and discrimination that should have no place in the modern era, along with multiple contradictory statements and although it makes an interesting novel, I must admit the ancient religions are more interesting to study.

If God exists and the Bible is true as written by the apostles of Jesus then it reasons to stand that God acted multiple times in fits of range by killing a plethora of innocent people. As it stands I could not support that God even if he did exist and would rather side with the castaway 'Morning Star'. That being said I'm prepared for the Gnostics and Biblical Allegorists to counter-attack  Wink

Yet you seem to barely consider what God is, at all! For example, imagine that you built a beautiful hous of cards. And you gave it over to your kids who could enjoy its beauty, etc. If they simply crashed it, wouldn't you be upset... and more if they called you name, and despised you rather than honoring youi?

Think of the great God, who went to the trouble of building this gigantic, complex, beautiful universe for us. And then went to all the trouble of building us so that we could recognize the beauty. You respect the cops with guns when they are in your neighborhood in force. And they don't put up with people who mouth off at them. Think of God, who is millions of times more sensitive to honor and name calling then cops are? And yet He puts up with many of us calling Him names and dishonoring Him.

The depictions in the Bible are depictions of what people are doing to other people all around the world right now. It disgusts God. But He knows that if He wants to find a few people to have a good relationship with, He is going to have to put up with a lot of abuse just to find them. The Bible is a record in that way. It isn't what God commands or desires.

If you can't simply take a look at the machine nature of the universe, and realize that machines have makers, you simply aren't looking hard enough.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Astargath

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

Yet you seem to barely consider what God is, at all! For example, imagine that you built a beautiful hous of cards. And you gave it over to your kids who could enjoy its beauty, etc. If they simply crashed it, wouldn't you be upset... and more if they called you name, and despised you rather than honoring youi?

Think of the great God, who went to the trouble of building this gigantic, complex, beautiful universe for us. And then went to all the trouble of building us so that we could recognize the beauty. You respect the cops with guns when they are in your neighborhood in force. And they don't put up with people who mouth off at them. Think of God, who is millions of times more sensitive to honor and name calling then cops are? And yet He puts up with many of us calling Him names and dishonoring Him.

The depictions in the Bible are depictions of what people are doing to other people all around the world right now. It disgusts God. But He knows that if He wants to find a few people to have a good relationship with, He is going to have to put up with a lot of abuse just to find them. The Bible is a record in that way. It isn't what God commands or desires.

If you can't simply take a look at the machine nature of the universe, and realize that machines have makers, you simply aren't looking hard enough.

Cool

''If they simply crashed it, wouldn't you be upset... and more if they called you name, and despised you rather than honoring you'' You can't be upset if you know it's going to happen LOL. I wouldn't be upset if my kids did it anyway, I'm not a monster.

You seem to think that God doesn't know the future or can't change it when you are the one who also says god knows everything, really flawed logic, <70 IQ.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:31:00 PM

I once read somewhere in psalm 14:1 that says “The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God. Why is it so? I asked, and the answer is because” They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good among the fools. Anyone that does not believe the existence of God is one who does not want to have a superior being over him or her for whom he or she will be accountable to hence they enjoy immorality and despicable life style. And that the psalmist said is a foolish person. Accepting and believing the existence of God means there are lifestyle you are not permitted to live. You exercise dominion over your lust. Etc. anyways, it is a free world and we all have our free will or freedom to live as we please. But careless living we are made to know will end in eternal suffering in the lake of fire and righteous living will end us in eternal life of no pain and sorrow. The ball is in your court.
Herdawnia

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:52:19 PM

You as a scientist should already know that there is always something that can't explain by science. Like the evolution of man and even the creation of the earth, it will always torn down to where does the INITIAL components came from.

Me as a Christian believes in God for a certain reason that I know he exist and he is guiding everything in purpose to have a good life.

Please be advised that God did not punished sinners, God releases them from chains of sin. There is darkness in the absence of light I think that can already explains a lot.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:33:00 PM

I think my god, just like any other god, exist because of just one thing—Faith. I believe that if we truly believe on the god we know, then we must have a great faith on them. This great faith can be a strong argument how can I say that my god exist. Although, I can't really tell you that my god do really exist through data and other objective things, I think the fact that I have a strong faith on him makes him existing on my life. We just have to respect each others belief on this matter.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:32:01 PM

I think my god, just like any other god, exist because of just one thing—Faith...

The problem with faith is that is does not lead to the truth.  People have faith in 1000 different religions, but that does not make any of them true.  Some people have faith the Earth is flat, ignoring any evidence to the contrary.

Faith is defined as belief without evidence.  Why believe anything without evidence?  Do you believe in unicorns or vampires or leprechauns or gremlins without evidence?
Othuke

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:23:38 AM

even a scientist knows quite well that for any invention, there must be an inventor. A scientist is also in a better place to advice that there is no accident that cannot produce anything from nothing. Even something as common as a pair of shoes has a designer. How much more a complex thing like the universe regulated by laws!

I agree that a loving and an all-knowing God should not have allowed wars and famine and sicknesses. That, too, is explainable. It started in the Garden of Eden, where God gave Adam express command to obey him. God did say that if Adam failed to obey him, he would die. But then Satan came with a fat lie that if Adan disobeyed, he wouldn't die. Our 'grandfather', Adam decided to pitch tent with Satan. In other words what Satan did is challenge God's right and method of rulership. If God killed Satan on the spot, a universal rebellion could be triggered, for other angels might think that Satan could be right. The only way to settle this problem is to allow Satan to prove his point. Sadly in an attempt to prove his point, Satan has plunged the world into wars, famine, sicknesses, etc.

Imagine you're a math teacher in a class and a student stands up to challenge you that the answer to you provided is wrong. Would you pursue the student out of the class? Obviously not, for other students might think that the student might be right. The only way to solve the problem is to hand the student your marker and stand aside and watch him to solve the math to prove you wrong.It is the Math that Satan is solving that has led to much problems for the world. When it is clear to every student that Satan is wrong, God can collect His marker and punish him.

So the problem is caused by Satan, not God and the good news is that only God can eliminate Satan. that is why we need to pray that he does so sooner.
energyces

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:41:30 AM

I strongly believe  that God exists. Shocked
This whole universe is the creation of God and our destiny is scheduled according to God.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: