Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:45:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 02:25:05 PM

The world could not just happen by chance. A supreme being must have necessitated the existence of the universe and that supreme being can be nothing but God

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

His name describes him. The Great I am. (Self existent) If think of describing how we came to exist you will get to the point of who created who or what, or how "x" thing was created, if you take the science approach "The world was formed from the explosion of a bunch of gasses and so on", so my question is: How did those gasses form? From what?

Do you understand English?  Please describe God, in your own words.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DorisHank65

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:49:33 PM

The world could not just happen by chance. A supreme being must have necessitated the existence of the universe and that supreme being can be nothing but God

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

His name describes him. The Great I am. (Self existent) If think of describing how we came to exist you will get to the point of who created who or what, or how "x" thing was created, if you take the science approach "The world was formed from the explosion of a bunch of gasses and so on", so my question is: How did those gasses form? From what?

You're funny, I just gave you a hint, as stated above you need to read the Bible to understand since you may misunderstand my words with a short description. But... I can give you a hand with that though. He is loving, merciful, just, firm and drastic when He has to. 
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:21:09 PM

Do you understand English? When you use the word "please," you are essentially begging. And, as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.

Kiss

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 03:53:18 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

You're funny, I just gave you a hint, as stated above you need to read the Bible to understand since you may misunderstand my words with a short description. But... I can give you a hand with that though. He is loving, merciful, just, firm and drastic when He has to. 

Ok, I am going to try one more time, since you are slightly retarded.

PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT YOUR GOD LOOKS LIKE!

DorisHank65

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

Man why are you insulting? I'm not insulting you even though you haven't learned to read at your age, your question should have been how do you physically describe God? Then the answer to that question would be: No man has seen God, I'm talking about the God of the Bible BTW. If your point is if you haven't seen it why do you believe in him; my next question for you will be: Can you please describe helium or air?
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:02:45 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

Man why are you insulting? I'm not insulting you even though you haven't learned to read at your age, your question should have been how do you physically describe God? Then the answer to that question would be: No man has seen God, I'm talking about the God of the Bible BTW. If your point is if you haven't seen it why do you believe in him; my next question for you will be: Can you please describe helium or air?

Yes we can describe Hellium, we can measure it, test/experiment with it. We can't do that with god because... well, let me give you a hint, it's imaginary, like Harry potter, spiderman or Zeus.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:06:12 PM

Nobody has ever seen God.

John 1:18:
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

1 John 4:12:
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

John 6:46:
No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

The Hebrew people of Old Testament times understood that to see God was to die, if they didn't receive immediate pardon from God. Judges 13:22:
"We are doomed to die!" he said to his wife. "We have seen God!"
Judges 6:22,23:
When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the Lord, he exclaimed, “Alas, Sovereign Lord! I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face!”

But the Lord said to him, “Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die.”

God showed Himself to Moses, on the mountain where He gave the Ten Commandments to him. Exodus 33:20:
But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

What things has God prepared for those who love Him? 1 Corinthians 2:9,10:
“What no eye has seen,

what no ear has heard,

and what no human mind has conceived”—

the things God has prepared for those who love him—

these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

But now that I have told these things to you, am I guilty of casting my pearls before the swine? Matthew 7:6:
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 05:16:46 PM

Nobody has ever seen God.

Yet, someone wrote many books about him/her.

Why don't you believe in Snow White or Santa Claus?

At least with these two characters we know what they look like (or suppose to look like).

With your God, you don't even know what he/she looks like, you have no evidence they exist, yet you believe they exist.

This is beyond being delusional. 

RyanPruitt54

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:31:00 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

Yes we can describe Hellium, we can measure it, test/experiment with it. We can't do that with god because... well, let me give you a hint, it's imaginary, like Harry potter, spiderman or Zeus.

The same thing happens with God, you can't see him, however you can perceive his existence, and also test it (we christians don't put God to the test because it is sin). However haven't you seen people with cancer getting cured after a prayer? Cancer is not present in any tests? I can show you a video of a christian inside of his car in flames, the car resulting completely burned also the interior and him getting removed from the vehicle without a single burn and the bible intact, without a single page burned. What else do you want to prove his existence.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 06:29:03 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

The same thing happens with God, you can't see him, however you can perceive his existence, and also test it (we christians don't put God to the test because it is sin). However haven't you seen people with cancer getting cured after a prayer? Cancer is not present in any tests? I can show you a video of a christian inside of his car in flames, the car resulting completely burned also the interior and him getting removed from the vehicle without a single burn and the bible intact, without a single page burned. What else do you want to prove his existence.

How about people with cancer who died despite the fact that their whole congregation prayed for them?

How about people with cancer who got cured without any praying?

You want to test if the Bible or Christians burn in cars?  Just sit in the car with your Bible on your lap, pour gasoline on you and set yourself on fire, oh, yeah, I forgot, pray as much as you want.  You and your bible will burn.  You don't believe me?  Try it.  I dare you.

RyanPruitt54

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

How about people with cancer who died despite the fact that their whole congregation prayed for them?

You want to test if the Bible or Christians burn in cars?  Just sit in the car with your Bible on your lap, pour gasoline on you and set yourself on fire, oh, yeah, I forgot, pray as much as you want.  You and your bible will burn.  You don't believe me?  Try it.  I dare you.

What you are describing is impossible, I have never seen anyone get cured from cancer minutes after been diagnosed without a prayer. You didn't even asked me to show you the video which proves you are not interested in seeing the truth but in finding a point of discussion. We cannot put the Lord our God to the test.
Astargath

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:49:54 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2018, 09:27:10 PM by Astargath

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

You want to test if the Bible or Christians burn in cars?  Just sit in the car with your Bible on your lap, pour gasoline on you and set yourself on fire, oh, yeah, I forgot, pray as much as you want.  You and your bible will burn.  You don't believe me?  Try it.  I dare you.

What you are describing is impossible, I have never seen anyone get cured from cancer minutes after been diagnosed without a prayer. You didn't even asked me to show you the video which proves you are not interested in seeing the truth but in finding a point of discussion. We cannot put the Lord our God to the test.

How many people have you seen growing back a limb after losing one, despite praying? Yeah, check mate.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 09:22:08 PM

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

I did not have to.

Ask your God to post here and we will be done.

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:04:51 PM

DYOR ape man newbie.

For example you can watch and read testimonies, and stop being newbie with your stupid ignorant questions, level up already.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=I+saw+Jesus

Astargath

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:55:31 PM

DYOR ape man newbie.

For example you can watch and read testimonies, and stop being newbie with your stupid ignorant questions, level up already.

And you can read testimonies of people seeing aliens, ghosts, demons, bigfoot, etc etc.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

DYOR ape man newbie.

There are billions of videos on youtube.  Not one is from God himself.

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 02:47:22 AM

I think a more interesting question is, why does God hide himself from some people but not from others? We hear all these stories about personal experiences with God. How come God chooses to reveal himself in such cases?

For some people, they never had any experience at all. This is mind boggling to me.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 01:42:56 PM

I think a more interesting question is, why does God hide himself from some people but not from others? We hear all these stories about personal experiences with God. How come God chooses to reveal himself in such cases?

For some people, they never had any experience at all. This is mind boggling to me.

Because some people are delusional, while others are not.

God is a mental image or a feeling.  It is a product of an overactive human imagination.

I think this God concept was needed to help us survive in the magical world we saw all around us.

So, the idea of God is an evolutionary adaptation, IMHO.

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

God is a mental image or a feeling.  It is a product of an overactive human imagination.

I think this God concept was needed to help us survive in the magical world we saw all around us.

It is possible, but don't you think it is better to keep an open mind?

Astargath

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:10:25 PM

It is possible, but don't you think it is better to keep an open mind?

No need when there is explicit proof that the god from the bible doesn't exist.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: