Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook & Google creating its own Cryptocurrency!  (Read 2041 times)
reme.auditor

Activity: 161
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:06:46 PM
Merited by smith4cris (1)

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook will be looking into cryptocurrency in the new year.

Here's a link and quote to his personal mission statement for 2018, as found on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10104380170714571

Every year I take on a personal challenge to learn something new. I've visited every US state, run 365 miles, built an AI for my home, read 25 books, and learned Mandarin.

I started doing these challenges in 2009. That first year the economy was in a deep recession and Facebook was not yet profitable. We needed to get serious about making sure Facebook had a sustainable business model. It was a serious year, and I wore a tie every day as a reminder.

Today feels a lot like that first year. The world feels anxious and divided, and Facebook has a lot of work to do -- whether it's protecting our community from abuse and hate, defending against interference by nation states, or making sure that time spent on Facebook is time well spent.

My personal challenge for 2018 is to focus on fixing these important issues. We won't prevent all mistakes or abuse, but we currently make too many errors enforcing our policies and preventing misuse of our tools. If we're successful this year then we'll end 2018 on a much better trajectory.

This may not seem like a personal challenge on its face, but I think I'll learn more by focusing intensely on these issues than I would by doing something completely separate. These issues touch on questions of history, civics, political philosophy, media, government, and of course technology. I'm looking forward to bringing groups of experts together to discuss and help work through these topics.

For example, one of the most interesting questions in technology right now is about centralization vs decentralization. A lot of us got into technology because we believe it can be a decentralizing force that puts more power in people's hands. (The first four words of Facebook's mission have always been "give people the power".) Back in the 1990s and 2000s, most people believed technology would be a decentralizing force.

But today, many people have lost faith in that promise. With the rise of a small number of big tech companies — and governments using technology to watch their citizens — many people now believe technology only centralizes power rather than decentralizes it.

There are important counter-trends to this --like encryption and cryptocurrency -- that take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands. But they come with the risk of being harder to control. I'm interested to go deeper and study the positive and negative aspects of these technologies, and how best to use them in our services.

This will be a serious year of self-improvement and I'm looking forward to learning from working to fix our issues together.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

Your thoughts on Facebook and Google creating its own Cryptocurrency. I know BTC is the pioneer in cryptocurrencies and currently has the highest value but if this two giant companies will release their own cryptocurrencies I don't think anyone would want miss that. Its not impossible right? Similarly Other companies like twitter & Youtube and even UBER can also dig into cryptocurrencies. If major companies can consider BTC as their main cryptocurrency, BTC value will definitely skyrocket.

Next time when you make such assumtptions make sure you post some links as proofs to their statements. I was here thinking hey, Facebook and Google are going to lauch a crypto for real!
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

Well, Telegram is already making crypto, facebook showed their intereset , I don't see why  Goolge would sit aside.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:11:19 PM

I think this news should need implementation but furthermore OP just need our thoughts, Probably, it will be easy for Facebook and google and any other social medias to create their own currency, but try to think of it, they earn huge amount of money even without the inside and out, unlike Bitcoin, it needs supplier and Investor and it is so volatile, hence, Facebook and Google will decide eagerly about that decision and if it is introduced then everybody will be interested.
Hope so.
alpha001

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:12:06 PM

Your thoughts on Facebook and Google creating its own Cryptocurrency. I know BTC is the pioneer in cryptocurrencies and currently has the highest value but if this two giant companies will release their own cryptocurrencies I don't think anyone would want miss that. Its not impossible right? Similarly Other companies like twitter & Youtube and even UBER can also dig into cryptocurrencies. If major companies can consider BTC as their main cryptocurrency, BTC value will definitely skyrocket.

Next time when you make such assumtptions make sure you post some links as proofs to their statements. I was here thinking hey, Facebook and Google are going to lauch a crypto for real!

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook will be looking into cryptocurrency in the new year.

Here's a link and quote to his personal mission statement for 2018, as found on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10104380170714571

I think this post should give a little light on our hopes. It is something to look forward too. If facebook founder is already looking into cryptocurrency there is a chance that Facebook might create its own or adopt Bitcoin Currency!
smith4cris

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

Some people live their dreams...destiny passes by.

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

Looking back at the date of the original posts, BitKinginfinity has a foresight, I mean for Facebook CEO to look into cryptocurrency this year; What are the chances of Mark Zuckerberg will create his own? Anybody? I think Google will follow I mean, they are into Research and Development of whatever technology they are experimenting. It's not far fetched for them to use Blockchain Technology as well.

L I N A   R E V I E W   ⚫●.  __COMMUNITY-DRIVEN REVIEW PLATFORM__
█ ▌   PARTICIPATE NOW   ▐ █ (https://lina.review)
junior002

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:28:14 PM

Looking back at the date of the original posts, BitKinginfinity has a foresight, I mean for Facebook CEO to look into cryptocurrency this year; What are the chances of Mark Zuckerberg will create his own? Anybody? I think Google will follow I mean, they are into Research and Development of whatever technology they are experimenting. It's not far fetched for them to use Blockchain Technology as well.
[/quote]

I don't want to miss this. I'm following this post and I hope when Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook starts their ICO I am able to buy Some. I'm sure it will have a big impact on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is decentralized but if more companies starts accepting Bitcoin or a similar currency the value will definitely increase and it will be more practical.
bitroxis

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:31:13 PM

if these giants indeed created their own cryptos, it would probably be more like an investment project, I guess. But cryptos are "covered" through the utility, the added value a used would have if he/she traded that cryptocurrency. So... what would be the added value, the point of these cryptos from Google and Facebook?

ETHAppCoin

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:43:31 PM

wouldn't it become another crap coin? I mean, big G and facebook are huge company and can support their own crypto but let's face it, why the need to create a carbon copy of BTC for their own purpose?
They can easily create a different kind of blockchain in their datacenters and have control on everything, that's where the community wouldn't like it too much due to centralization as opposite as BTC.
Definitely it might worth to invest something into it but this is not comparable with BTC world.

Exactly, more control by corporations that already know way too much about us? Wink Doesn't that go against the basic ideas of bitcoin - decentralization and (at least) pseudoanonymity?
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:45:07 PM

good news !
crytocurrencies will rule the world and will be made as world currencies in the future
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:49:40 PM

They are free to create their own cryptocurrencies that will be used on their platform, it's good for crypto in general because google and facebook is a big company and will become a gate for a lot of people to crypto. If they make the announcement, it will surely impact the price of bitcoin in a good way since people that don't know before will be getting in bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

Well, Telegram is already making crypto, facebook showed their intereset , I don't see why  Goolge would sit aside.

This thing is really amazing, cryptocurrency will surely grow higher in the future. I am pretty sure many big companies will adopt this great technology and hopefully bitcoin will remain on top. We will see cryptocurrency in a high note this year ! Smiley
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:06:35 PM

If this really does happen - it will be of so much hype..but I wonder such "conventional" organization will like the idea of de-centralization.
ksjdksjd

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:09:57 PM

Facebook and google and popular companies.if this companies create the own cryptocurrency,it will more popular and number of people use it.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:12:09 PM

This one promotes a healthy competition within other cryptocurrencies knowing that major companies like Facebook and Youtube can make their own coins or token to promote digital currencies more. With this, a lot more will invest in cryptocurrency further promoting a digital era.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:14:59 PM

If this really does happen - it will be of so much hype..but I wonder such "conventional" organization will like the idea of de-centralization.

that's the thing, they don't like the idea of decentralization which is why they started creating their own altcoin which is a centralized crytocurrency. it is a weird move in my opinion and it will fail for 90% of these companies that  try to do it because it is too centralized!

it is not just a centralized versus decentralized thing, it is the limitation that it brings. if every company starts creating its own separate payment system then people either have to have 100 types of money in their pocket or not use any of them at all.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Lun4t1c

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:17:32 PM

I've heard the same news as this, in my opinion if google and facebook create their own crypto it could be a very good idea. Decentralizing the whole social media could be a good idea either, it will help the crypto especially bitcoin sky rocket.
Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:21:22 PM

The funny thing is that a thread re: facebook and google are into cryptocurrencies is 6 page long at present, while the thread re: microsoft drops bitcoin from its site is only two at the same time. It shows that people in that forum are 3 times more positively oriented to Bitcoin. OR: that they are heavily invested in bitcoin and this is their wishful thinking Smiley
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:25:34 PM

Agree with you. Giant make crypto currency and no doubt that price will be a giant too.  I will not miss that chance.
I hope they can make their own cryptocurrency soon and nobody want to miss it.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:35:15 PM

if a giant company like facebook and google creates its own cryptocurrency, i'm sure it will be successful in the market and will be top 10 cryptocurrency because they have the best team. and bitcoin will continue to skyrocket.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: