Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:49:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook & Google creating its own Cryptocurrency!  (Read 2038 times)
BitKinginfinity (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:05:32 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 04:01:00 PM by BitKinginfinity
Merited by reme.auditor (1)

Your thoughts on Facebook and Google creating its own Cryptocurrency. I know BTC is the pioneer in cryptocurrencies and currently has the highest value but if this two giant companies will release their own cryptocurrencies I don't think anyone would want miss that. Its not impossible right? Similarly Other companies like twitter & Youtube and even UBER can also dig into cryptocurrencies. If major companies can consider BTC as their main cryptocurrency, BTC value will definitely skyrocket.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roy.ashton

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:14:15 AM

And here I was thinking that Facebook and Google is into Bitcoin. If it will happen in the future I will definitely invest in it. In my country majority is into facebook and I don't even remember using other search engines except google. Nice Idea there. If someone could tell facebook to build their own cryptocurrency then go. I'm currently using facebook ads to sell my products and I don't mind accepting facebook currency in the future.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:14:41 AM

when a company, or similarly a country, a bank, a financial firm,.... creates a new coin based on bitcoin using the blockchain technology, they are always creating a centralized token and that is a creating huge difference. it may seem like nothing in words but in reality the difference between bitcoin being decentralized and global without any kind of restrictions regarding usage whatsoever and a centralized token that a company issues is a huge one.

they can try and make their own version and many of them are doing it, but in the end it will be just another altcoin in  a sea of altcoins.

Only Bitcoin
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:16:03 AM

Yes, very interesting. If facebook, Google and other large companies create their own Cryptocurrency. Certainly the value of the coins they make will be comparable to their previous popularity. And it does not take much time to gather a lot of investors. Ha ha. Amazing
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:21:53 AM

Nice clickbait title /s   *sigh*

Why would they be interested in creating their own cryptocurrency though? Sure, they could probably implement bitcoin and ethereum and or whatever cryptocurrency will be dominating in the next decade; but I really don't see them creating their own cryptocurrency. If ever they would, it would definitely be under another company name.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:28:20 AM

Why would every company come up with their own crypto currency if it is a mere copy of bitcoin,then there is nothing worthy about it,if they can come up with a better technology which super seeds what bitcoin can represent to the world,then there is a big opportunity ,but people are here in this platform because it is decentralized and people are not looking for a centralized solution.
roy.ashton

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:50:48 AM

Why would they be interested in creating their own cryptocurrency though? Sure, they could probably implement bitcoin and ethereum and or whatever cryptocurrency will be dominating in the next decade; but I really don't see them creating their own cryptocurrency. If ever they would, it would definitely be under another company name.

I think the idea is either they create their own cryptocurrency or they get into Bitcoin. They are more capable of creating their own and it will be readily acceptable to investors since Facebook and Google has already established themselves. It is highly recommended that these companies do it together instead of creating a cryptocurrency on their own. Yes it might be under another company name but it will be a big hit if these companies combine in creating a their own cryptocurrency. Yup nice title.
bloodraven

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:56:26 AM

I agree. What exactly will Google & Facebook stand to gain if they develop their own cryptocurrencies?
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:03:14 AM

I don't see how this pose as challenge to bicoin after all bitcoin is the pioneer of all cryptocurrency. If Facebook and Google choose to create they own brand of cryptocurrency that will make the market more popular and widely accepted by more people in the society.
pathapoddo

Activity: 448

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:10:20 AM

If it happen, it will be definitely a good idea. If Facebook & Google enter into crypto currency, definitely bitcoin's price will touch high sky. I will definitely invest there.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:19:01 AM

wouldn't it become another crap coin? I mean, big G and facebook are huge company and can support their own crypto but let's face it, why the need to create a carbon copy of BTC for their own purpose?
They can easily create a different kind of blockchain in their datacenters and have control on everything, that's where the community wouldn't like it too much due to centralization as opposite as BTC.
Definitely it might worth to invest something into it but this is not comparable with BTC world.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:28:58 AM

use banks if you want a centralized payment system or even Paypal if you are so happy with being restricted when you are trying to use your money and if you have no issue when they report you to a 3 letter agency and tell them where and how much you used your money and they came knocking on your door for their share Wink

in any other case, use bitcoin which is decentralized.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3608

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 10:29:16 AM

Your thoughts on Facebook and Google creating its own Cryptocurrency. I know BTC is the pioneer in cryptocurrencies and currently has the highest value but if this two giant companies will release their own cryptocurrencies I don't anyone would miss that. Its not impossible right? Similarly Other companies like twitter & Youtube and even UBER can also dig into cryptocurrencies. If major companies can consider BTC as their main cryptocurrency, BTC value will definitely skyrocket.

Facebook & Google will never support bitcoin now or in future.

when country/union make coin it will be supported by blockchain technology and will be altcoin.

when sites make coin it will be supported by blockchain technology and will be tokens.

Facebook & Google have them tokens or gift card so it is hard to support new tokens

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:29:39 AM

Another alternative coin in the making huh? Well there are a lot of people who uses Facebook and Google, there a lot of people who predicted that it will happen, they are big companies so it will really come to it.

If it happen, it will be definitely a good idea. If Facebook & Google enter into crypto currency, definitely bitcoin's price will touch high sky. I will definitely invest there.

Well, people will be knowing about crypto currency when facebook starts to have their own crypto so I think Bitcoin will be in the story too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:32:34 AM

I like the idea, I think it quite possible. If such companies as Google and Facebook will not be fully satisfacted with bitcoin price/fees or technical issues they will be able to create something suitable for thair purposes. Such cryptocurrencies may be in bound with some company services, promotion or advanced settings for example

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:33:16 AM

Your thoughts on Facebook and Google creating its own Cryptocurrency. I know BTC is the pioneer in cryptocurrencies and currently has the highest value but if this two giant companies will release their own cryptocurrencies I don't anyone would miss that. Its not impossible right? Similarly Other companies like twitter & Youtube and even UBER can also dig into cryptocurrencies. If major companies can consider BTC as their main cryptocurrency, BTC value will definitely skyrocket.

As of this stage I don't think so they will create something like this, thing is bitcoin and other cryptos aren't legal, by creating something like this they will be posing a risk to national security and even to its users who'll use it, cause one request and their data will be out for the government to inspect and people will get caught so I don't see this happening. Plus I don't even want them to touch Bitcoins.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:41:34 AM

Facebook & Google will never support bitcoin now or in future.

when country/union make coin it will be supported by blockchain technology and will be altcoin.

when sites make coin it will be supported by blockchain technology and will be tokens.

Facebook & Google have them tokens or gift card so it is hard to support new tokens

No one can say what can happen with this companies. If they decide not to get involve and their competitors might  see its advantage and they might use it against  them, if they decides comIng later they might be too late.
most important  thing is what is the need of the block chain in their company. If it doesn't ssatisfy any nèed it will fail. Anybody  can fail in cryptocurrency if they do not do all that is required.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:04:55 PM

My thought is that it would be exceedingly unlikely for them to create their own cryptocurrency in the near future. Cyrptocurrency isn't like services where you need to offer it so you don't get left behind by your competition. It's simply money, and no one really makes any profit except the actual holders. It would have to be decentralized for people to buy in, too, so they would have to let go of control. It's not exactly something a for-profit company would consider doing.

They could probably release tokens which you can use for their services, but only once crypto has truly taken off. But even then, why not just accept Bitcoin? They definitely have no need to raise money unlike ICOs.

rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:07:40 PM

I don't see any sources on those two giants creating their own cryptocurrency.  If they did create thier cryptocurrency, what would it be used for?  Would it be used on their platform?  I just don't see it being a threat to bitcoin as they can always accept bitcoin through their own website if they wanted to.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:22:29 PM

if facebook and google did create a crypto it is a good opportunity again. with facebook and google create crypto could have the government agree on crypto in circulated or used.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: