Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:30:43 AM

The proto rig is rock-solid after 24 hours of running at the new chip.conf.  

These asics are curious critters - if you have a bad chip on a board, software will disable the chip in config.  This causes adjacent chips to see a little more power and therefore get a slight overclock.  For example most chips are producing around 1.5 - 1.6 GH/s actual nonces.  But some chips are at 2.1 GH/s.  In this way, even with some duds the full rig is producing 410 - 415GH/s actual accepted shares.  Even Slush stats have caught up and show average hashrate over 400G at the pool.

I think this is unique - it seems most mining hardware is rated at a certain hashpower, but true output is typically less than promised.

Any chance you can post a CGMiner (or whichever miner you are using) screenshot of a 400gH/s product in action ? Genuinely curious, and excited with this product offering.

Also, as I understand it, the products becoming available will be allocated to your 100TH endeavor first ?

Does this mean that August orders will not ship until you have all 100TH online for yourself, or will the products be divided between customers and your mine if it looks like production delays may prevent your initial 100TH allocation arriving on schedule ?

Cheers.

I posted this video a few pages back of the screen output from our rig: http://youtu.be/naW5uGHLbZE - added it to the OP.

The order for 100TH and August product is all one batch, and its being produced now.  The first 4 full rigs shipped to Tytus today.  I expect the rest to finish assembly very soon (though specific finish date has not been provided by factory).  We have no reason to expect production delays at this point, or that we won't have enough product.  

Logistically there two challenges for each effort:
For 100TH, assembling, configuring and running all those rigs will take time.  We are trying to cut down on that by: preassembling racks, prewiring them with PDU, switch, patch cords, power cords & power supplies.  We are pre-imaging SD cards for all the rPIs for both 100TH and customer orders.  I have all the racks, PDU's, switches, PSUs, patch cords, power cords, SD cards, rPi's and a 16x SD duplicator all in hand.

For August orders the main bottleneck will be testing for bad cards.  We will try to fire up as many as we can to test simultaneously.  We can see fairly immediately if there is a card with bad chips, so hopefully we don't need to test for very long - maybe only a few hours, or until the unit shows it can come up to operating temperature with no bad behavior.  Then out the door they should go.

I have two different ship teams and a build team for 100TH.

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:52:28 AM

Do you have a download link for the RPi image?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:02:57 AM

We are pre-imaging SD cards for all the rPIs for both 100TH and customer orders.

And of course, if you distribute any open source software you'll have the sources immediately available?

Buy & Hold
dacman61

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:51:47 AM

I am sure BF will ship out at end of Aug. or before Aug. and BF wont want anyone to cancel orders like buyers who paid big $ for 400Gh/s.

Keep your insane and unworthy thoughts to yourself... You are a tool and a moron.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

I am sure BF will ship out at end of Aug. or before Aug. and BF wont want anyone to cancel orders like buyers who paid big $ for 400Gh/s.

Keep your insane and unworthy thoughts to yourself... You are a tool and a moron.

What? Didn't he just say "I am sure bitfury products will ship in time, they for sure don't want to lose their big customers."

turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 12:56:31 PM

We are pre-imaging SD cards for all the rPIs for both 100TH and customer orders.

And of course, if you distribute any open source software you'll have the sources immediately available?

I think the source of their cgminer fork : https://github.com/legkodymov/cgminer

Tsukene

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:58:17 PM

These asics are curious critters - if you have a bad chip on a board, software will disable the chip in config.  This causes adjacent chips to see a little more power and therefore get a slight overclock.  For example most chips are producing around 1.5 - 1.6 GH/s actual nonces.  But some chips are at 2.1 GH/s.  In this way, even with some duds the full rig is producing 410 - 415GH/s actual accepted shares.  Even Slush stats have caught up and show average hashrate over 400G at the pool.

I think this is unique - it seems most mining hardware is rated at a certain hashpower, but true output is typically less than promised.

Any chance you can post a CGMiner (or whichever miner you are using) screenshot of a 400gH/s product in action ? Genuinely curious, and excited with this product offering.

Also, as I understand it, the products becoming available will be allocated to your 100TH endeavor first ?

Does this mean that August orders will not ship until you have all 100TH online for yourself, or will the products be divided between customers and your mine if it looks like production delays may prevent your initial 100TH allocation arriving on schedule ?

Cheers.

I posted this video a few pages back of the screen output from our rig: http://youtu.be/naW5uGHLbZE - added it to the OP.

The order for 100TH and August product is all one batch, and its being produced now.  The first 4 full rigs shipped to Tytus today.  I expect the rest to finish assembly very soon (though specific finish date has not been provided by factory).  We have no reason to expect production delays at this point, or that we won't have enough product.  

For 100TH, assembling, configuring and running all those rigs will take time.  We are trying to cut down on that by: preassembling racks, prewiring them with PDU, switch, patch cords, power cords & power supplies.  We are pre-imaging SD cards for all the rPIs for both 100TH and customer orders.  I have all the racks, PDU's, switches, PSUs, patch cords, power cords, SD cards, rPi's and a 16x SD duplicator all in hand.

For August orders the main bottleneck will be testing for bad cards.  We will try to fire up as many as we can to test simultaneously.  We can see fairly immediately if there is a card with bad chips, so hopefully we don't need to test for very long - maybe only a few hours, or until the unit shows it can come up to operating temperature with no bad behavior.  Then out the door they should go.

Good guy Dave

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
newtothescene

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:49:35 PM

Is anyone considering doing a group buy with shares?  I can't swing $8k right now, but could probably do 4 or 2...  I haven't really seen anything like that offered, but would will to work with a trusted member on something if there is interest.  Probably use escrow if possible...

Thoughts?
dben428

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:56:03 PM

Okay, so I want to make sure I have everything ready to go for when my starter kit arrives. Sorry if this comes off as noobish, but I don't have any experience with a Raspberry Pi. Additionally, my apartment manager is a little bit on the restricting side with networking stuff (he is afraid of what he doesn't understand).

I will be getting a powered USB hub and a Wi-Fi dongle for the RPi for internet access, as I do not have any free ethernet ports and I'm not permitted to have a switch. If I were to connect a mouse, keyboard, and monitor to the RPi, will I have access to all I need to run the miner, or do I need to access the RPi remotely? Is there anything else I would need to purchase to make this work? Thanks.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:04:27 PM

I will be getting a powered USB hub and a Wi-Fi dongle for the RPi for internet access, as I do not have any free ethernet ports and I'm not permitted to have a switch.
I think you'd be better off with a gaming adapter (ethernet port to WiFi) than trying to get some random WiFi dongle to work.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:06:58 PM

Dave, thanks for the update.
 bkpduke, sorry for spacing out; I do recall seeing that video generating nonces (Dave has a voice that, to me, sounds nothing like his Avatar pic. Isn't it funny how that works ? People not sounding how you picture them in your head ? Figured Dave to have a deeper voice, rather than his actual silky soft smoothness)
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:18:30 PM

Is anyone considering doing a group buy with shares?  I can't swing $8k right now, but could probably do 4 or 2...  I haven't really seen anything like that offered, but would will to work with a trusted member on something if there is interest.  Probably use escrow if possible...

Thoughts?

You can just buy a starter kit and add as many Hcards that you can afford.
jflowers

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:23:36 PM

I will be getting a powered USB hub and a Wi-Fi dongle for the RPi for internet access, as I do not have any free ethernet ports and I'm not permitted to have a switch.
I think you'd be better off with a gaming adapter (ethernet port to WiFi) than trying to get some random WiFi dongle to work.

Agreed - To expand upon this a bit.  Its been my experience that the Pi's don't play nice with WiFi/USB devices.  They may work for a bit- but will drop the connection and go to sleep basically.  Once I started to use the ethernet - my Pi's rock solid. 

Anyway, I guess the next best thing would be a gaming adapter.   

Are you sure you can't run an ethernet cable at all?  That would be best - by light years. Ok, enough about that...

PS - I'm not sure I understand the need for a powered usb hub - if you're just powering the Pi, wouldn't it be cheaper just to get a powered usb plug?  If you're like me, you probably have ten laying about already.  They come with nearly everything you buy at this point: cell phones, iPods/iPhones, misc electronics, etc.  In fact - I've had the best results using my iPhone 5 powered adapter - it throws enough juice the way of the Pi (note: the one that I got with the Pi's bundle kit directly from AdaFruit had all sorts of problems in this regard/very frustrating for a while.)
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:48:54 PM

I was thinking of this too.  Has anyone done a usb wireless adapter on a Rpi?
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:52:56 PM

Cheers.

Dave,
I feel stupid for asking this, but I didnt read elsewhere: You, dave, set up the 100TH-mine? Or are we talking about something different here? Would you mind commenting on when EU-people that ordered a starterkit will get their units compared to US orders? Please give me some insight Smiley

Hai
dben428

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:03:37 PM

Agreed - To expand upon this a bit.  Its been my experience that the Pi's don't play nice with WiFi/USB devices.  They may work for a bit- but will drop the connection and go to sleep basically.  Once I started to use the ethernet - my Pi's rock solid.  

Anyway, I guess the next best thing would be a gaming adapter.  

Are you sure you can't run an ethernet cable at all?  That would be best - by light years. Ok, enough about that...

PS - I'm not sure I understand the need for a powered usb hub - if you're just powering the Pi, wouldn't it be cheaper just to get a powered usb plug?  If you're like me, you probably have ten laying about already.  They come with nearly everything you buy at this point: cell phones, iPods/iPhones, misc electronics, etc.  In fact - I've had the best results using my iPhone 5 powered adapter - it throws enough juice the way of the Pi (note: the one that I got with the Pi's bundle kit directly from AdaFruit had all sorts of problems in this regard/very frustrating for a while.)

Prior to these posts, I had never heard of a gaming adapter. What benefit would it have over a dongle, better signal strength and reliability?

I was basing my need for a powered USB hub on the note found on this list of supported Wi-Fi adapters (http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters):

Note: A Wi-Fi adapter will probably need more power than the Raspberry Pi USB port can provide, especially if there is a large distance from the Wi-Fi adapter to the Wi-Fi Access Point, or it is transferring large amounts of data. Therefore, you may need to plug the Wi-Fi adapter into a powered USB hub.

I would definitely prefer to run it via a hard connection. My apartment has a single ethernet jack that I use for my desktop, and I am not permitted to have a router or switch. A splitter would not allow for simultaneous access. Is there something else I'd be able to use? Should the dongle be problematic on the RPi, I guess I'd consider putting the desktop on Wi-Fi, but I'd prefer not to.
joris

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:27:12 PM

So, you're not allowed to use regular, non disturbing devices in your apartment. And is the landlord allowed to even enter your place, uninvited?

;-)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:30:04 PM

My apartment has a single ethernet jack that I use for my desktop, and I am not permitted to have a router or switch.

Lolwut ?! Is that actually in your renters agreement ? That's an absurd and technically idiotic stipulation Sad

What's preventing you, for example, setting up a firewall on that one ethernet port and running your own LAN segment on your own switch ?
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:39:12 PM

a router will clone your desktop pc's MAC and allow you multiple hard lines,

Is this at a University?
dben428

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:44:52 PM

My apartment has a single ethernet jack that I use for my desktop, and I am not permitted to have a router or switch.

Lolwut ?! Is that actually in your renters agreement ? That's an absurd and technically idiotic stipulation Sad

What's preventing you, for example, setting up a firewall on that one ethernet port and running your own LAN segment on your own switch ?

It's not in the renter's agreement, but it is a restriction of the ISP. They claim that if I were to attempt to use a switch, it would not work on their network. I don't know anything about networking, so I was just accepting what they told me as true.

And no, this is not at a university.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: