Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:58:26 AM

..alright...who's buying up all the components? Angry (ignore me if you don't know what i'm talking about  Tongue)
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:58:56 AM

..alright...who's buying up all the components? Angry (ignore me if you don't know what i'm talking about  Tongue)

hehe. I am watching them closely too to make sure there is enough in stock to fill up my master board  Cool

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:06:14 AM

..alright...who's buying up all the components? Angry (ignore me if you don't know what i'm talking about  Tongue)

I've had my wishlist open since purchasing, and refresh it a few times each day haha. Looks like a couple of big chunks went, likely people filling up their M-boards. While I'd love to purchase the remaining 12 H-boards to fill mine, I don't have enough free money for it right now.  Sad
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:09:20 AM

I need some too and saving for it.
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:14:53 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 07:56:48 PM by yuriygeorge

However - as my opinion whether you are recommended to buy or not buy - I don't know your regulations there and suppose they're quite strict, like FCC stuff and EMC tests. Until for example proper measurements of equipment are done - it may be risky to install many of these near yourself due to electromagnetic emission and noise. So either properly designer board and/or filters and/or shielding is required. I hope that this would be clarified soon. This is also true for homebrew devices that you make and don't care about switching noise such devices produce (like I saw in some DIY stuff where powering of such high-power chips are done in absolutely insane ways, or like problems with other asic vendors, you know them by the way likely, where their shipments were banned by customs due to these violations).

Anyway, as far as I know Dave has as well options to install miners in his location - this would be likely safe in any way, and maybe if you install these - before proper measurements done (i.e. in special laboratory with antennas where typically EMC measurements are done) - this maybe risky to install at home,  or at least close to you - so don't sit near miner 24x7 and don't put those close to you.

You should care about that and do not put your health into unnecessary risk. However I suppose Dave will do his best to solve these issues and make device fully compliant for safe usage. However that still won't mean that such equipment can be installed in bulk at home, and should be spreaded in space for maintaining safely low electromagnetic noise. Likely also undervolted boards is nice choice for safety, but all of that should be measured, and likely will be measured, the only delay could be there (and it is basically your choice) that such measurements could take additional time and can't be done before August timeframe. This depends.

I apologize if this has been covered, I tried skimming the thread, and may have missed this. I'm a software guy, not much on hardware, EM emission & noise safety precautions. Can someone please point me to a thread or some resources where I can take the necessary precautions to prevent health risks to myself and those around me? I plan on operating both a BitFury Full Kit, and a HashFast BabyJet in my 1 bed + den apartment. Would I need to purchase special casing/shielding etc to prevent health risks? If I ran both these units in a small well-ventilated den, and I stayed away from the room for the most of the time, would I be ok? Also, if it were to burst into flames, is there some auto-sprinkler device or some shielding I can use to prevent burning my landlord's building down, in the event no one is present?  Any resources/threads on this would be very appreciated!

EDIT: I skimmed the thread more and nobody commented on bitfury's post about EM emmission & noise safety... And this disclaimer came from BITFURY himself!

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:56:49 PM

However - as my opinion whether you are recommended to buy or not buy - I don't know your regulations there and suppose they're quite strict, like FCC stuff and EMC tests. Until for example proper measurements of equipment are done - it may be risky to install many of these near yourself due to electromagnetic emission and noise. So either properly designer board and/or filters and/or shielding is required. I hope that this would be clarified soon. This is also true for homebrew devices that you make and don't care about switching noise such devices produce (like I saw in some DIY stuff where powering of such high-power chips are done in absolutely insane ways, or like problems with other asic vendors, you know them by the way likely, where their shipments were banned by customs due to these violations).

Anyway, as far as I know Dave has as well options to install miners in his location - this would be likely safe in any way, and maybe if you install these - before proper measurements done (i.e. in special laboratory with antennas where typically EMC measurements are done) - this maybe risky to install at home,  or at least close to you - so don't sit near miner 24x7 and don't put those close to you.

You should care about that and do not put your health into unnecessary risk. However I suppose Dave will do his best to solve these issues and make device fully compliant for safe usage. However that still won't mean that such equipment can be installed in bulk at home, and should be spreaded in space for maintaining safely low electromagnetic noise. Likely also undervolted boards is nice choice for safety, but all of that should be measured, and likely will be measured, the only delay could be there (and it is basically your choice) that such measurements could take additional time and can't be done before August timeframe. This depends.

I apologize if this has been covered, I tried skimming the thread, and may have missed this. I'm a software guy, not much on hardware, EM emission & noise safety precautions. Can someone please point me to a thread or some resources where I can take the necessary precautions to prevent health risks to myself and those around me? I plan on operating both a BitFury Full Kit, and a HashFast BabyJet in my 1 bed + den apartment. Would I need to purchase special casing/shielding etc to prevent health risks? If I ran both these units in a small well-ventilated den, and I stayed away from the room for the most of the time, would I be ok? Also, if it were to burst into flames, is there some auto-sprinkler device or some shielding I can use to prevent burning my landlord's building down, in the event no one is present?  Any resources/threads on this would be very appreciated!

EDIT: I skimmed the thread more and nobody commented on bitfury's post about EM emmission & noise safety... And this disclaimer came from BITFURY himself!

im not an electrical engineer or anything, but i would imagine the risks are fairly low - we are surrounded by poorly shielded electronics daily. However, I would advise not putting this near your bed/couch/desk where it is in close proximity for long periods of time, because that is the greatest likeliness of harm

Alternatively, i *believe* a grounded tinfoil wall/shield will stop some (how much i dont know) of the emissions.

Alternatively V2.0 : wear a tinfoil hat. they are scientifically proven to protect you from the harms of science

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:57:48 PM

If i order now from megabigpower, do I get it early, middle, or late October? Which one
tom99

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:04:21 PM

If i order now from megabigpower, do I get it early, middle, or late October?

If you are order now for Oct. Delivery most like you will get it at end of Oct.
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:21:36 PM

Will megabigpower be offering a discount for November orders?
tom99

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:31:48 PM

I dont know but no one know and by that time maybe all miners stock might be gone when Aug. order delivery ship out.
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:34:19 PM

I dont know but no one know and by that time maybe all miners stock might be gone when Aug. order delivery ship out.
My intention is not to be rude, but if you don't know, then don't reply. You are just wasting everyone's time, most of all the OP's. The only person who *may* know is Dave.
tom99

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:42:01 PM

My intention is not to be rude, but if you don't know, then don't reply. You are just wasting everyone's time, most of all the OP's. The only person who *may* know is Dave.

You are right and we dont know anythings then no way  Dave will low price in Nov. also bad for Oct. buyers.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:56:57 PM

Anyway, as far as I know Dave has as well options to install miners in his location - this would be likely safe in any way, and maybe if you install these - before proper measurements done (i.e. in special laboratory with antennas where typically EMC measurements are done) - this maybe risky to install at home,  or at least close to you - so don't sit near miner 24x7 and don't put those close to you.

I apologize if this has been covered, I tried skimming the thread, and may have missed this. I'm a software guy, not much on hardware, EM emission & noise safety precautions. Can someone please point me to a thread or some resources where I can take the necessary precautions to prevent health risks to myself and those around me? I plan on operating both a BitFury Full Kit, and a HashFast BabyJet in my 1 bed + den apartment. Would I need to purchase special casing/shielding etc to prevent health risks? If I ran both these units in a small well-ventilated den, and I stayed away from the room for the most of the time, would I be ok? Also, if it were to burst into flames, is there some auto-sprinkler device or some shielding I can use to prevent burning my landlord's building down, in the event no one is present?  Any resources/threads on this would be very appreciated!

You could use this for shielding
http://www.ecofoil.com/All-Products/Radiant-Barrier-Solid/SCIF-Barrier-Solid-4x250-1000-sq-ft
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:59:08 PM

You are right and we dont know anythings then no way  Dave will low price in Nov. also bad for Oct. buyers.

I don't intend to do presales after the October batch ships.  This means we intend to have product in-stock.  Prices will probably go up, not down.

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 12:00:30 AM

Anyway, as far as I know Dave has as well options to install miners in his location - this would be likely safe in any way, and maybe if you install these - before proper measurements done (i.e. in special laboratory with antennas where typically EMC measurements are done) - this maybe risky to install at home,  or at least close to you - so don't sit near miner 24x7 and don't put those close to you.

I apologize if this has been covered, I tried skimming the thread, and may have missed this. I'm a software guy, not much on hardware, EM emission & noise safety precautions. Can someone please point me to a thread or some resources where I can take the necessary precautions to prevent health risks to myself and those around me? I plan on operating both a BitFury Full Kit, and a HashFast BabyJet in my 1 bed + den apartment. Would I need to purchase special casing/shielding etc to prevent health risks? If I ran both these units in a small well-ventilated den, and I stayed away from the room for the most of the time, would I be ok? Also, if it were to burst into flames, is there some auto-sprinkler device or some shielding I can use to prevent burning my landlord's building down, in the event no one is present?  Any resources/threads on this would be very appreciated!

You could use this for shielding
http://www.ecofoil.com/All-Products/Radiant-Barrier-Solid/SCIF-Barrier-Solid-4x250-1000-sq-ft

Its a fair question and I don't have an answer yet.  We haven't had a chance to do much EM testing...we can find this out fairly soon once we are past the current production hassle.

tom99

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:04:23 AM

I don't intend to do presales after the October batch ships.  This means we intend to have product in-stock.  Prices will probably go up, not down.

Thank you
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:11:57 AM

prices going up for nov?? what am i missing - at this rate based on my knowledge October will likely break ROI but not by much

ok
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:13:48 AM

prices going up for nov?? what am i missing - at this rate based on my knowledge October will likely break ROI but not by much

Obviously if they can't move product at a certain price they will need to lower their prices but it doesn't make much sense for a company (any company) to say in stock prices will be lower than the higher risk pre-order prices.  ASICMiner charges a premium ($ per GH) because their products are in stock.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:22:20 AM

Demand vs supply. If you can sell out units at a price that won't ROI, you do so. Lower price once demand is reduced. Look how fast USB miners sell out even if ROI is impossible.
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:12:40 AM

Obviously if they can't move product at a certain price they will need to lower their prices but it doesn't make much sense for a company (any company) to say in stock prices will be lower than the higher risk pre-order prices.  ASICMiner charges a premium ($ per GH) because their products are in stock.

They can have gazillion products in stock and charge the premium of their lifetime but it's designed for the noobs since there's no way anyone can get a positive ROI with them. In addition, as time goes by, the same product should only cost less, not more since difficulty increases.
ASICminer is THE premiere Bitcoin tourist trap.  That's really what it is.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: