Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
ssi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:46:14 PM

Awesome... I want to try chainminer on my bitfury hardware to see if cgminer is causing my issues...

I have it built and it detects my chips, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it exactly... I don't see anywhere to enter pool details, and it spins the chips up but doesn't seem to run them according to the stat.json and .stat.log, which makes sense because where would it get work?

Not sure what I'm missing exactly; can someone clue me in? Cheesy

EDIT: looks like jobconnect.o has the pools, and it's set up to connect to a local proxy.  Installing stratum proxy now.

Have you contacted cgminer's developer to find that out?? If somebody sent him a sample board, he'd have been done by now with the updated code, etc.

Not yet, but now I'm about certain it's cgminer, because chainminer is ROCKING:

speed:378 noncerate[GH/s]:18.382 (2.626/chip) hashrate[GH/s]:18.053 good:1284 errors:70 spi-errors:0 miso-errors:1 jobs:288 (record[GH/s]:0.000)

Did you have your own boards ready to populate? That is really fast going from bare chips to hashing.

I had four chips on hand from late july.  I spun a board and got those last thursday.   Got the four chips up and hashing over the weekend, and then got four more chips from Dave yesterday.

18xEDfc7y1Nzm2kmLvwYq56xwwEz4Fdh6
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 06:55:44 PM

i was just reading all the avalon cluster**** (pretty much every other thread here besides this one), i think you should all consider yourselves very lucky by choosing buzzdave/bitfury instead of avalon, as i understand pretty much nobody got their hardware, buyers are left with no hardware no refund, and board manufacturers are left with all the useless boards they purchased with no chips and angry buyers while the difficulty continues to gap higher by the day making the preorders irrelevant. What a mess.

I hope the bitfury oct delivery will also go as smoothly as august.  

That is incorrect, Avalon users either have hardware or refunds - it was a script error. Chip buyers have either received chips or queued for refunds.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 07:30:07 PM

i was just reading all the avalon cluster**** (pretty much every other thread here besides this one), i think you should all consider yourselves very lucky by choosing buzzdave/bitfury instead of avalon, as i understand pretty much nobody got their hardware, buyers are left with no hardware no refund, and board manufacturers are left with all the useless boards they purchased with no chips and angry buyers while the difficulty continues to gap higher by the day making the preorders irrelevant. What a mess.

That is incorrect, Avalon users either have hardware or refunds - it was a script error. Chip buyers have either received chips or queued for refunds.

Bullshit.  Avalon trade-ins customers are in limbo since April.  Some paid at the beginning of July.  Nobody got a single email back from Avalon
team.  Zip, nada.

And you want to compare him with Dave?  You need to have your head examined.

The only reason Yifu started refunds (with mining profits I might add) is because of the number of people he pissed off.  He quickly realized he is not welcomed here.  If he is thinking gen2, he better do it in 2015 when most people forget what he has done.
No more rock star status for him.  So get over this "Avalon worship" BS.

Say what needs to be said.  They fucked a lot of customers; with a barb wire.

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:22:41 PM

Thanks to Niko and his team for developing a nice web interface for the rPi controller.

also he put up the chainminer code on a github:
https://github.com/bfsb/chainminer

I'd love to see some community effort around improving both the piWeb front end, stratum failover options & chainminer itself...

I guess we can "Bank" on this. LOL!   Hahahahaha, I kill me! heh.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:31:23 PM

Hmmm.   Wonder how it works on the version-1 M-boards where things aren't organized by bank.....

@BuzzDave - any word about your FedEx shipment?  Any news?

(I still want to click START MINER and DOWNLOAD CURRENT SOFTWARE every time I see that screen...)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 09:09:15 PM

Bullshit.  Avalon trade-ins customers are in limbo since April.  Some paid at the beginning of July.  Nobody got a single email back from Avalon
team.  Zip, nada.

The only reason Yifu started refunds (with mining profits I might add) is because of the number of people he pissed off.  He quickly realized he is not welcomed here.  If he is thinking gen2, he better do it in 2015 when most people forget what he has done.

I'm not talking about trade ins, I never was. Nor did I mention ANYTHING about a comparison with 'Dave', I don't even care who that is.

You clearly have a vendetta against Avalon so I won't bother arguing with a brick wall. I was merely clearing up some of the FUD. B3 has been refunded, there is no other truth regardless of how much you rage.

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

team.  Zip, nada.

I'm not talking about trade ins, I never was. Nor did I mention ANYTHING about a comparison with 'Dave', I don't even care who that is.

You clearly have a vendetta against Avalon so I won't bother arguing with a brick wall. I was merely clearing up some of the FUD. B3 has been refunded, there is no other truth regardless of how much you rage.

Correct logic would be:  Avalon Customers have either received units or not received units or received refunds.
You guys are posting in the wrong thread about Avalons and Avalon Trade-ins.
AsicShill

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:20:52 PM

Not to derail the "Avalon sucks... but maybe not as badly as everyone is saying" off topic...

but...

Has there been any info on what exactly is the free shipping?
Seemed like there were some open questions about:
1) Sign for delivery
2) Insurance
3) Tracking info

Maybe there was another that someone asked about international to canada or something.

Any word?
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:09:44 AM

Not to derail the "Avalon sucks... but maybe not as badly as everyone is saying" off topic...

but...

Has there been any info on what exactly is the free shipping?
Seemed like there were some open questions about:
1) Sign for delivery
2) Insurance
3) Tracking info

Maybe there was another that someone asked about international to canada or something.

Any word?

Derailing that topic doesn't hurt at all. Answers to most of all those topics have already been posted before...
jspielberg

Merit: 255

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:24:21 AM

Hey Arorts -

I quickly did a search in the thread looking for this information.
When pertaining to the free shipping, I couldn't find any info.

The answer is yes to all those items for expedited (for $200), but I didn't see the answers to those items for the free shipping or how exactly the free shipping would be shipped (i.e. USPS, UPS Ground, etc.)

If you know the answers, please add a link to the post with the info.
arorts

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:32:53 AM

Hey Arorts -

The answer is yes to all those items for expedited (for $200), but I didn't see the answers to those items for the free shipping or how exactly the free shipping would be shipped (i.e. USPS, UPS Ground, etc.)

There's info on that. There are several links so check posts #1364 and around the next 10 afterwards.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:41:25 AM

Hey Arorts -

Here ya go!

Hi guys - expedited shipping is up on the site.  I decided to offer one option only - for $199 we will ship any order of any size overnight (or international expedited).  Please no credit cards for August orders - this must be paid in advance.  If you want to use your credit card for October orders, please wait until I get the CC processing in place.

Here's the particulars:

This flat fee will upgrade your shipping to Priority Express overnight if you are in the US, or Global Express if you are International.

We estimate this shipping will provide a 1-3 business day shipping time.

***All packages require signature on delivery***  Make sure you track your package and make arrangements to sign for it!

We will make every effort to combine your orders if quantities allow. 

Please order (1) Expedited Delivery per order you want to expedite.

Dave, here are some shipping questions for August delivery products:

1. What is standard (included) shipping method and expected lead time?
2. Where is shipping originating from (USA or international)?
3. Will both standard and expedited methods be "trackable"?
4. If we have multiple orders (that you intend to combine), would that be 1 expedited fee total?
5. Can you make sure the Fedex girl is gorgeous? It will help make the delivery experience be just that much more enjoyable... Wink

Thanks,

Rusty

1. USPS standard - probably 5 days for US domestic shipping.
2. Shipping will originate from US
3. Definitely tracking numbers and signature delivery is required on all packages
4. *If* I can combine orders it will be a single fee.  I don't know how well I can track this.  If you have multiple orders that are spaced apart by a few days, chances are less.
5. I googled "hot fedex girl" and I'm sorry to say, they must not exist.
-Redacted-

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:45:06 AM

You forgot the picture that followed that post - of the UPS girl  Shocked 
jspielberg

Merit: 255

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:20:04 AM

Thanks guys...

I must confess... I remember the hot UPS girl (and the strange lounge chair in the back ground)... but completely spaced on the actual info that preceded it!
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 02:30:45 AM

Well, this feels like Christmas without the batteries Sad

I got 1 of 2 expedited boxes.  You can guess the way this story goes - all H-boards, no M-boards.

Super annoyed. 

The M's will arrive tomorrow, along with another shipment from the factory.  I also arranged for Saturday delivery of their next shipments.  So we are looking towards tomorrow now.  Could not find anyone at FedEx who could tell me where box #1 is (let the conspiracy theories begin...)

-Redacted-

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:45:00 AM

(raises hand)  Oh.  Oh.  Call on me.  I know this one...  

Stuck in customs for two weeks?  Right?  Grin
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:35:41 AM

I got 1 of 2 expedited boxes.  You can guess the way this story goes - all H-boards, no M-boards.

Super annoyed. 

The M's will arrive tomorrow, along with another shipment from the factory.  I also arranged for Saturday delivery of their next shipments.  So we are looking towards tomorrow now.  Could not find anyone at FedEx who could tell me where box #1 is (let the conspiracy theories begin...)

I doubt there will be much complaining. Of course everyone wants everything now, But you guys have been stellar in this endeavor as far as communication, transparency. Just getting something on the west coast in this time frame is almost unbelievable to me. Kudos to you Punin and your team in the great NW.

I can actually feel good about my order.

Regards,

Mark

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:45:23 AM

Super annoyed. 

i've had fedex deliver one package and forget to deliver the 2nd one when they have actually had it.

Needless to say, I called their line back and say hey...tracking shows they had it, we were here and they forgot to deliver both packages.

delivery in 1 hour Cheesy
arorts

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:52:52 AM

Super annoyed. 

i've had fedex deliver one package and forget to deliver the 2nd one when they have actually had it.

Needless to say, I called their line back and say hey...tracking shows they had it, we were here and they forgot to deliver both packages.

Yup. When they know they've screwed and it's too late already they rush it next day first thing in the morning. Who knows, maybe they send Dave a FedEx girl like the UPS one to make it up :-)
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 06:39:16 AM

Super annoyed. 

Yup. When they know they've screwed and it's too late already they rush it next day first thing in the morning. Who knows, maybe they send Dave a FedEx girl like the UPS one to make it up :-)
Nope.  Its now in Memphis TN.  BOX #1 Why didn't you get off the plane??!!

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: