Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

Order #51x seems so far away... Very exciting to see stuff shipping out !
Major kudos to Dave, and everyone involved with the BitFury project !
   that order for Oct delivery.

... you don't say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:16:59 AM

I hope Oct orders ship early and not at the end of the month. Order #45x here. Keep up the good work Dave. You should do consulting for BFL on how to run a proper business. You are a diamond in the rough.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:26:59 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 12:37:11 AM by arorts

I hope Oct orders ship early and not at the end of the month. Order #45x here. Keep up the good work Dave. You should do consulting for BFL on how to run a proper business. You are a diamond in the rough.

This has been addressed a few times, it's still planned to be by the end of October on purpose, not by the beginning. Keep in mind that for example  August full rigs commanded a $11,000+ premium over October ones so I think Bitfury will deploy as it was planned without damaging its highest paying customer base. This is exactly the same fair policy that other companies, such as KNC and Hashfast follow on purpose. Otherwise, if Bitfury manages to ship October orders by end of September, will Bitfury refund a portion of the premium to August customers? No, right? If anyone wants to receive product earlier, they need to pay the premium that corresponds to that time difference. Pretty simple. :p
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:35:38 AM

This has been addressed a few times, it's still planned to be by the end of October on purpose, not by the beginning. Keep in mind that for example  August full rigs commanded a $11,000+ premium over October ones so I think Bitfury will deploy as it was planned without damaging its highest paying customer base. This is exactly the same fair policy that other companies, such as KNC and Hashfast follow on purpose. If anyone wants to receive product earlier, they need to pay the premium. Pretty simple. :p

Understandable that you want to protect your investment from the diff from our Oct orders, you did pay a premium. But hopefully getting in early Oct would be awesome and still provide you August orders enough time. By end of Oct is the goal as a deadline but early to mid Oct would be awesome and still fair.

If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
arorts

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:46:39 AM

This has been addressed a few times, it's still planned to be by the end of October on purpose, not by the beginning. Keep in mind that for example  August full rigs commanded a $11,000+ premium over October ones so I think Bitfury will deploy as it was planned without damaging its highest paying customer base. This is exactly the same fair policy that other companies, such as KNC and Hashfast follow on purpose. If anyone wants to receive product earlier, they need to pay the premium. Pretty simple. :p

Understandable that you want to protect your investment from the diff from our Oct orders, you did pay a premium. But hopefully getting in early Oct would be awesome and still provide you August orders enough time. By end of Oct is the goal as a deadline but early to mid Oct would be awesome and still fair.

Of course it'd be awesome for you and I wouldn't mind at all as long as August customers would get a proportionate refund since they invested for a 2-month difference. However, I don't think Bitfury would do that or that's how a business practice should be. We didn't pay the difference just to have "enough time." I think the industry in general should be defined in "no earlier than X, no later than Y" timeframes to keep it fair since it's based on an advertised  timeframe (+/- a few days) investment. 11 grand is 11 grand and it definitely affects ROI.
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:56:27 AM

This has been addressed a few times, it's still planned to be by the end of October on purpose, not by the beginning. Keep in mind that for example  August full rigs commanded a $11,000+ premium over October ones so I think Bitfury will deploy as it was planned without damaging its highest paying customer base. This is exactly the same fair policy that other companies, such as KNC and Hashfast follow on purpose. Otherwise, if Bitfury manages to ship October orders by end of September, will Bitfury refund a portion of the premium to August customers? No, right? If anyone wants to receive product earlier, they need to pay the premium that corresponds to that time difference. Pretty simple. :p

I think 400Gh/s for Aug delivery was 19kusd maybe I am wrong.
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:58:50 AM

Of course it'd be awesome for you and I wouldn't mind at all as long as August customers would get a proportionate refund since they invested for a 2-month difference. However, I don't think Bitfury would do that or that's how a business practice should be. We didn't pay the difference just to have "enough time." I think the industry in general should be defined in "no earlier than X, no later than Y" timeframes to keep it fair since it's based on an advertised  timeframe (+/- a few days) investment. 11 grand is 11 grand and it definitely affects ROI.

I agree with you for the most part but I don't think you paid extra to have two months of mining before more would ship. I think you paid extra for August delivery, by the end of August as the deadline, it could have been sooner except for the fab snafu. We paid for Oct delivery with a deadline of Oct 31st, but sooner is a possibility.

arorts

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:04:41 AM

I agree with you for the most part but I don't think you paid extra to have two months of mining before more would ship. I think you paid extra for August delivery, by the end of August as the deadline, it could have been sooner except for the fab snafu. We paid for Oct delivery with a deadline of Oct 31st, but sooner is a possibility.

I don't think that's how it works. Both products are delivered by the same company and offered at the same time to compare. Hence, investment decisions are not made in the vacuum. You pick either the gold or the platinum product just like any other company providing various offerings whose trade-offs are incorporated and reflected in their pricing and terms difference.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:05:29 AM

$19,250 to be exact.

The premium over Oct delivery is $19,250 - $8,000 = $11,250.

Looks like we paid too much as it would take about 6 weeks to make up this premium. However, had the current difficulty turned out to be little lower the tables would have been turned completely.
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:12:58 AM

I will concede my argument. Either way I am finally happy with an asic company. I have no complaints and can't wait to receive my gear. Congrats all around.

arorts

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:13:42 AM

$19,250 to be exact.

Looks like we paid too much as it would take about 6 weeks to make up this premium. However, had the current difficulty turned out to be little lower the tables would have been turned completely.

I don't think it's necessarily much relative to the current $ per Gh/s of competitive products available at this point in time. That's actually the mathematical formula that tells you the earliest possible October orders should be delivered (>6.0 weeks after August ones :-)
dacman61

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:14:28 AM

Did you eat paint chips as a kid of something???
nullspot

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:17:43 AM

Disagree. Dave and all vendors are (and rightfully should be) completely free to overdeliver on what they promise. Such achievements are very good P.R., as they further differentiate between themselves and other companies which underdeliver (if at all). They demonstrate their ability to innovate and improve, and increases confidence.

You are proposing, however to extract punishment from (or compensate) one group or another based on later success. That's just ass-backwards. Penalizing success? exceeding goals? What exactly are you trying to motivate here?

Case in point - initial tests showed H-boards not hashing at their advertised 25GH speed. So additional H-boards were included for free to the initial customers -- and likely only them, as later batches should have tweaks made to achieve the advertise rate per board. This meant people who ordered a 25GH starter kit are now sitting on 40GH of hashpower.

Now, according to your logic, this is an unfair bonus given to one group (early orders) that later orders do not receive. Should Dave now "compensate" later orders that won't receive such extra hashpower with $$ to offset the difference? Didn't those later orders make their choices based upon calculations which weighed the cost of 25GH in august vs. 25GH in october? Have they not been wronged?? Hogwash.

Shipping october orders any earlier than the 31st would NOT cause to "harm" to earlier orders. They got what they paid for, and they worked with what knowledge was available at the time of order, like everyone else. You could even make a case that shipping Oct earlier would actually be more than fair because of the steep increase in difficulty rendering earlier ROI predictions to be way off, so the earlier delivery would be a move to compensate (as other companies have attempted various schemes to preserve estimated ROI).

Dave - ignore this guy and send everything out as soon as humanly possible.
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:17:50 AM

I will concede my argument. Either way I am finally happy with an asic company. I have no complaints and can't wait to receive my gear. Congrats all around.

Im with you DrJoeGrine, I think we were both in the BFL camp at one point. I know how that worked out.

Go Dave!!!!  

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:18:50 AM

$19,250 to be exact.

yeah, without the fab fkup, august orders would be in much better shape in terms of ROI. this delay of a few days compared to EU orders also hurts quite a bit since we're making another big diff jump today. the usd/btc exchange rate was shit during the august sales too. august orders ROI not looking good. that said, the bitfury team/distributors are still miles ahead of the competition.
shade88

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:41:49 AM

For Oct debate, Punin said "I've added option for UPS Express Saver shipping, and dropped the prices a bit as further october orders will most likely ship in very late october. Those who picked first october orders are likely to receive theirs in very early october, if not september."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg2967968#msg2967968

Ofcourse thing can change.
arorts

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:42:44 AM

Disagree. Dave and all vendors are (and rightfully should be) completely free to overdeliver on what they promise. Such achievements are very good P.R., as they further differentiate between themselves and other companies which underdeliver (if at all). They demonstrate their ability to innovate and improve, and increases confidence.

You are proposing, however to extract punishment from (or compensate) one group or another based on later success. That's just ass-backwards. Penalizing success? exceeding goals? What exactly are you trying to motivate here?

Case in point - initial tests showed H-boards not hashing at their advertised 25GH speed. So additional H-boards were included for free to the initial customers -- and likely only them, as later batches should have tweaks made to achieve the advertise rate per board. This meant people who ordered a 25GH starter kit are now sitting on 40GH of hashpower.

Now, according to your logic, this is an unfair bonus given to one group (early orders) that later orders do not receive. Should Dave now "compensate" later orders that won't receive such extra hashpower with $$ to offset the difference? Didn't those later orders make their choices based upon calculations which weighed the cost of 25GH in august vs. 25GH in october? Have they not been wronged?? Hogwash.

Shipping october orders any earlier than the 31st would NOT cause to "harm" to earlier orders. They got what they paid for, and they worked with what knowledge was available at the time of order, like everyone else. You could even make a case that shipping Oct earlier would actually be more than fair because of the steep increase in difficulty rendering earlier ROI predictions to be way off, so the earlier delivery would be a move to compensate (as other companies have attempted various schemes to preserve estimated ROI).

Dave - ignore this guy and send everything out as soon as humanly possible.

False. False. False.  The price and time difference is already there advertised in Bitfury store so simply asking to be executed. Sorry if you took it as a "punishment" but when you pick the 3-blade razor at the store rather than the 4-blade razor, do you feel punished? No, right? It's just a different product based on what you can afford and expecting different outcomes. The difference here is that times plays a factor as well. I'm not even talking about the difference in hash rates and it's up to Bitfury to that figure out if they want. That is irrelevant to the basic discussion. You are right: we worked on the knowledge that it's a 2-month difference at the time of investment, so yes, it's a  2-month protection gap.
The argument about compensating due to increases in difficulty: difficulty changes applies to all customers equally and in any case, it was never advertised or referred in any way in the description of the products advertised. Neither did Bitfury make any commitments about difficulty at all.  I'm simply focusing on the advertised terms not in imaginary or unrelated aspects. That's it.
Bitfury is not going to ignore my arguments or of any August customers just because of your wishful thinking because guess what?  it's still displayed in their store right now!
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:47:51 AM

Whatever they decide, one thing is for sure. They will first work on getting the 200TH network up asap.
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:48:24 AM

snip of back-and-forth

Update

I've added option for UPS Express Saver shipping, and dropped the prices a bit as further october orders will most likely ship in very late october. Those who picked first october orders are likely to receive theirs in very early october, if not september.

Regarding invoices: there was a problem on the site. I will need to send invoices manually. You will get an invoice, don't worry.

I need to sleep now. Shanghai awaits tomorrow. I should have more news for you in about 30 hours.

Punin said a few weeks ago that he expects to start shipping in early October if not late September.. I would expect Dave to be working with the same timeframe, but who knows.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:58:05 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 12:43:00 PM by jspielberg

Interesting...

The standard shipping is going UPS ground from Maumee, OH.   I was expecting USPS from somewhere in Washington.
Looking forward to hooking up my unit.  
I have been miner-less for a couple of months now since my Ares 5870x2 blew out.

Edit:  Unrelated package shipment information.  Not MBP miner. Just wishful thinking.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: