Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:05:01 AM

Wow this has certainly been an excellent newsday for AMC.

Any progress on the BTCT situation? I want to start buying again but I don't want to be in some unknown limbo state with the transfering of shares and so forth, and I don't want to use Bitfunder due to their recent security issues.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:10:10 AM

Also, 2 million shares I think is fairly insurmountable, and might be driving many potential investors away from AMC because they don't see the wall ever coming down and thus no potential for profit. Have you considered lowering the amount of shares in the wall and then selling in increments once the price shoots up? Surely you stand to make more profit this way.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:26:36 AM

Wow this has certainly been an excellent newsday for AMC.

Any progress on the BTCT situation? I want to start buying again but I don't want to be in some unknown limbo state with the transfering of shares and so forth, and I don't want to use Bitfunder due to their recent security issues.

Going to try and get that done this weekend, lot of other things to do to.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:26:53 AM

Congrats Ken!  Grin

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:27:42 AM

Also, 2 million shares I think is fairly insurmountable, and might be driving many potential investors away from AMC because they don't see the wall ever coming down and thus no potential for profit. Have you considered lowering the amount of shares in the wall and then selling in increments once the price shoots up? Surely you stand to make more profit this way.

That might work, lot of things going on in the background that could knock this wall down quick.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:30:20 AM

That might work, lot of things going on in the background that could knock this wall down quick.

Ooh!  Does this men that Ken is still holding on to some good news?   Shocked

Gonna go buy a few more shares just to be safe!

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:37:01 AM

Im going to set this as my desktop background! Looks great Ken!

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:30:56 AM

you have a decent amount of capital right now, how about you use that as collateral for a loan with no payments for a year, remove the bid wall, and let the market do its thang

leverage baby
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:13:43 AM

you have a decent amount of capital right now, how about you use that as collateral for a loan with no payments for a year, remove the bid wall, and let the market do its thang

leverage baby

interesting idea.
ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:17:30 AM

leverage baby

I prefer the idea of taking away the wall and then over the course of a month or two dropping 5-10k periodically at the ask price at the time

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:31:07 AM

leverage baby

I prefer the idea of taking away the wall and then over the course of a month or two dropping 5-10k periodically at the ask price at the time

I agree, Kenneth doesn't even need to completely bring down the wall, just enough so investors can reasonably suspect that the wall is breakable in the first place.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:31:16 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 07:43:51 AM by Vbs

Taking down the wall only helps speculators that want to play with the price as soon as possible.

The wall will be brought down by investors once they realise the potential of this. Volume is more important than price now.

Shenanigans all over again? No thanks! Smiley
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:45:19 AM

Taking down the wall only helps speculators that want to play with the price as soon as possible.

The wall will be brought down by investors once they realise the potential of this. Volume is more important than price now.

The thing is that the wall is keeping volume down because investors don't believe they will make any money. Why would an individual choose to buy in at .0025 when there is no chance of the share price increasing?

For example, there are 1941664 shares at .0025 available on BTCT right now. The daily volume of AMC is 24538. Even if every single one of those trades was a buy at .0025, and they most certainly are not, it would take around 80 days before the wall gets brought down.
hf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

there will be no fucking vegetables

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:47:40 AM

The thing is that the wall is keeping volume down because investors don't believe they will make any money. Why would an individual choose to buy in at .0025 when there is no chance of the share price increasing?

For example, there are 1941664 shares at .0025 available on BTCT right now. The daily volume of AMC is 24538. Even if every single one of those trades was a buy at .0025, and they most certainly are not, it would take around 80 days before the wall gets brought down.
They almost were. Yesterday, the wall was around 1965000.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:51:16 AM

Well if you are content with waiting 80 days then feel free to support the wall.

Meanwhile, I can sit back use my BTC on a wide array of other investments, wait for the wall to come down to a few thousand and then buy the remaining shares and end up in the same position as you. There is practically no reason for an individual right now to buy at the wall when there are so many shares remaining with little to no possibility of the wall tearing down in an acceptable time frame.
lolstate

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:52:42 AM

You assume, for example, that a smart investor or syndicate will not swoop in soon and snap up 1 million shares. Believe me, if large chunks of the wall are taken out in a short period of time, people will jump on board for fear of missing the boat. I say let's watch what happens for a week or so, allowing the market to digest the latest dividend and the forthcoming news from ActM, then reassess. Obviously there is an optimum path to pursue ie we want to pay for the NRE asap, yet we do not want (as Vbs says above) a return to the madness when the flippers ran amok, making a killing to the detriment of our need to raise capital.
lolstate

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:56:57 AM

Well if you are content with waiting 80 days then feel free to support the wall.

Meanwhile, I can sit back use my BTC on a wide array of other investments, wait for the wall to come down to a few thousand and then buy the remaining shares and end up in the same position as you. There is practically no reason for an individual right now to buy at the wall when there are so many shares remaining with little to no possibility of the wall tearing down in an acceptable time frame.

I hope your timing in good. This is a naive investment strategy, imho. So, it appears you want to multiply your BTC holdings as quickly as possible, by leaping from one asset to another, crystallising your capital gains as soon as you can. If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it. In this case, with ActM, I think the best strategy is to sit tight and watch.
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:13:51 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 08:31:32 AM by ChefBorjan

I was in shock looking at my AM dividends this morning... over 10x increase for me over my AMC shares! Yay for tendering haha.

Nice looking sign as well Ken. You have visitors this weekend as well no?

EDIT: I'm trying to think how the divs could have happened... adjustment for correct issuing of dividends + doubling of has rate 'might' account for this? Part of my thinks it was just a typo however! Can we get a breakdown of the maths? i can't see one anywhere.

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:20:39 AM

Don't do anything to the wall.
Keep up these dividends and more good news and the wall problem will solve itself.
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:27:14 AM

ASICminer are going to have to increase their current hash rate by a large % to keep their current global hash % (this costs money, which in turn affect dividends).

ActiveMiner on the other hand, has chips/cases/PSUs paid for. So come August we will have already paid for and over compensated for the global hash rate increase and will be making more dividends than what were making the previous month.

If activeminer has payed some massive bills it is still affects the company finances today and those investments need to recouped from the later profits. Any normal company tries to postpone paying any bills as late as possible. There is no benefit of paying bills too early. Especially a company that is still desperately trying to raise capital it makes absolutely no sense to pay bills even a day earlier than absolutely necessary.

What has been the total profit of activeminer has made this year? Activeminer has a couple silly mining boxes but on the other hand it has made massive investments to chips/cases/PSUs which are still affecting the company since the investment has not yet been paid off by any profits made and the investments are still ongoing since there must be people working designing stuff and later running the production and setting up the shop is also going to cost money. The profits from the mining done today look totally ridiculous compared to the bleeding of money that activeminer has made and continues to make for these investments.

If you think that ASICMINER must follow some sensible accounting where the costs of operation affect the profit made and dividends are only payed out from profits made how it is that activeminer can pay out any dividends at all since the company cannot possibly be in the black any way you could possibly count it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: