Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:41:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:49:24 PM

Of course I'm not going away. Ken has my shares and I want them back. Would you go away if I had your shares and refused to give them back to you?

I'm going to leave it that for today, but what's the bet that I'm back tomorrow with the same complaint?

Prove me wrong, Ken!

Pathetic amateur speculator who doesn't give a shit about Active Mining just wants a quick turn around and would be happy to see ACtM fail so long as he gets his poxy 15btc back.

Please, when you get your shares  sold don't fuckin reinvest in crypto-currencies, fuck off to the NASDAQ and enjoy your safe 3% per year. Looser.

I just had to break my work and respond to this.

I was buying AMC stock before you were even a member on this forum. I remember very well Ken's antics back then as the first shares I bought cost around 0.0009 and 5 hours later Ken had undercut the market selling at 0.0005. Sucked at first but I realised what was going on, adapted and ending up making a nice profit.

If anyone is tying to just make a quick profit and doesn't give a shit if ActM succeeds or not, it's you guys with very few posts who don't care how the CEO of the company acts.

Now I really am going.
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:54:28 PM

I was buying AMC stock before you were even a member on this forum. I remember very well Ken's antics back then as the first shares I bought cost around 0.0009 and 5 hours later Ken had undercut the market selling at 0.0005. Sucked at first but I realised what was going on, adapted and ending up making a nice profit.
Ken wanted to sell at market but was forced to sell for .0005 by Ukyo. Why do you people keep spouting this nonsense?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.msg2333815#msg2333815
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:54:58 PM

Great post dexX7. I'm sure that there's no conspiracy to deprive anyone of their shares and the delay might be perfectly reasonable considering all that's going on right now.

That said, you simply don't operate this way if you want to improve your credibility with shareholders. Those of you telling Mabsark to sell are missing the point entirely; he can't sell because he doesn't have access to his shares. None of us would be happy in his position.

At some point a decision has to be made. Is ActM going to continue to be run like a Mickey Mouse operation or is someone going to step up and follow through on their promises? Those of us with substantial funds invested should be promoting the latter.

With respect  you are expecting too much. You have invested in a fledgling business in a newly emerging market that is at its busiest stage implementing crucial contracts and setting up unique one-off infrastructure for future development. And there has been a delay of a few days in a processing proceedure. Get some perspective.

I have the perspective of a realistic investor with several hundred BTC at stake, though perhaps not the perspective of a fanboy.

Your arguments prove my point exactly. Due to the extremely risky nature of the investment, and the company's history of missteps, the only thing most investors have to go on is credibility. Therefore, caution should be exercised when making public commitments to do this or that, because when you are incapable of sticking to your own self imposed deadlines for mere trivialities, it erodes confidence in the enterprise overall.

You can continue to argue for your particular version of reality, but outside of your bubble, these repeated, self imposed PR problems needlessly create doubt about the competency of management. This is elementary human psychology, and it will cost investors money if it is not addressed.

Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:01:36 PM

So you think you need to be a registered member of this forum before you can buy ACM/ACtM? lol You are beyond stupid. Get back to your college work kid its more important than this. You are not mature enough yet to  partake in this grown up world and the way you carry on you should definitely base your future on getting a proper job rather than pretending you can do well speculating for your cash. Just a little tip.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:05:06 PM

Ken wanted to sell at market but was forced to sell for .0005 by Ukyo. Why do you people keep spouting this nonsense?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.msg2333815#msg2333815

Actually this is what happened.

People were buying shares at greater than 0.0005 BTC and every now and again Ken would come in and put a batch up for sale at 0.0005 BTC. Those share sold out and people were once again buying at the market rate which was sup to 0.0009 BTC. This happened quite a few times and people became aware of what was going on and complained about it to Ukyo. That's when Ukyo stepped in and forced Ken to put the remaining shares in the batch up at 0.0005 BTC.

Like I said, I was there at the time and made a nice profit from it. Both Ken and Ukyo can confirm that's the case and so can anyone else who was actually buying AMC at the time.

Now I truly am leaving, I don't care what anyone says, if I need to put you straight I will do so tomorrow.
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:20:48 PM

Great post dexX7. I'm sure that there's no conspiracy to deprive anyone of their shares and the delay might be perfectly reasonable considering all that's going on right now.

That said, you simply don't operate this way if you want to improve your credibility with shareholders. Those of you telling Mabsark to sell are missing the point entirely; he can't sell because he doesn't have access to his shares. None of us would be happy in his position.

At some point a decision has to be made. Is ActM going to continue to be run like a Mickey Mouse operation or is someone going to step up and follow through on their promises? Those of us with substantial funds invested should be promoting the latter.

With respect  you are expecting too much. You have invested in a fledgling business in a newly emerging market that is at its busiest stage implementing crucial contracts and setting up unique one-off infrastructure for future development. And there has been a delay of a few days in a processing proceedure. Get some perspective.

I have the perspective of a realistic investor with several hundred BTC at stake, though perhaps not the perspective of a fanboy.

Your arguments prove my point exactly. Due to the extremely risky nature of the investment, and the company's history of missteps, the only thing most investors have to go on is credibility. Therefore, caution should be exercised when making public commitments to do this or that, because when you are incapable of sticking to your own self imposed deadlines for mere trivialities, it erodes confidence in the enterprise overall.

You can continue to argue for your particular version of reality, but outside of your bubble, these repeated, self imposed PR problems needlessly create doubt about the competency of management. This is elementary human psychology, and it will cost investors money if it is not addressed.

For a start a few hundread btc means nothing, you could have bought them sub 1USD so I've no idea what your risk is, don't particularly care, and regardless no matter how big your investment is  it gives your opinions no less and no more relevancy.

Second, and this is makes your point worthless, investor confidence has no bearing anymore. The IPO has come and gone. Ken is now working with the funds, he got the backing when he needed it because of his groundwork and achievable plans. You seem to fail to understand there are no more shares to sell and share price has no bearing on the current day to day workings of the company. Ken could come on here drunk and tell everyone to piss off - it wouldn't affect the future profitability of the company. Sure share price might dip a little but once the divs start pouring in...well.

So in essence fuck PR. Ken is a real dude not an ass licker. He has almost set up the biggest most profitable btc mining company in the world. That's all I need to know. If he is so busy that processing shares has to be put back a few days that to me is a seriously great sign. If he was sat around doing nothing all day then I would be worried.
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:27:34 PM

Now I truly am leaving, I don't care what anyone says, if I need to put you straight I will do so tomorrow.

No-one gave a shit last time you said you were off so why do you think anyone is interested now?
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:30:27 PM

^^^^^^^^
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:14:19 PM

LOL. You bought AMC last Saturday and then tendered them immediately?
If there already was an announcement that AMC was getting replaced by ActM, why did you even buy AMC shares?
After that announcement, I immediately asked to have my AMC shares tendered and continued to buy ActM instead of AMC.

Mabsark, are you just a contrarian who does things to test rules and limits and then has an excuse to justify that you  had your rights imposed upon by others? Do you do this sort of thing in other areas of your life?

Mabsark,

Why did you wait until the very last moment to transfer your shares? When I made my request to transfer my shares of AMC, Ken did it within about four hours.  Maybe he just likes me more than you. Or maybe I did it early on so I would not be sent into a last minute tizzy. 

Why did you wait until the very last minute?  Just curious.

According to Ken, he was going to spend today transferring shares. I've had no shares and no word from Ken as to why. Has anybody else had their shares? Is this not a legitimate question? If Ken had no intention of transferring the shares today, then he shouldn't have said he was going to. Nobody likes being lied to. If he's been side tracked or the transfers are just taking longer than expected, then he should inform us. Is it really so difficult and time consuming for Ken to take 1 minute to tell us what is happening? It's not like he hasn't been on here. He was last active about 5 minutes ago according to his profile, so he's actually following along, yet purposefully choosing to ignore us.

I didn't wait till the very last minute. I bought them on Saturday and tendered them immediately.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:18:04 PM

So in essence fuck PR. Ken is a real dude not an ass licker. He has almost set up the biggest most profitable btc mining company in the world. That's all I need to know. If he is so busy that processing shares has to be put back a few days that to me is a seriously great sign. If he was sat around doing nothing all day then I would be worried.

And if you have real world experience, all start-ups operate this way. They are real people who put everything into their operation and deserve leeway. It is funny to me people expect these companies to act like Apple.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:21:28 PM

I can't even stand looking at this clusterfuck anymore.
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:25:42 PM

Rename this as the Tale of Whining Mabsark or something.. This thread is done for.. I mean all i have seen in the last 5 6 pages is whining and ranting..

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:33:18 PM

Mabsark,

What is interesting is that I had an IRC PM chat with Ken right after that faux pas about offering more shares at the IPO price. I was a little more than impressed because Ken actually chatted with me for a long time about it and was open about what had happened.  Yes, we actually talked about how that sort of thing looks bad for the stock and company. I also told him that when he began offering shares at the original IPO price after it had risen higher, it cost me and many other people money. He actually said that he would compensate me and everyone else, should the price of the stock not rise. I did not know whether to believe him or not, since the btc world is full of promises, but, in the end, the price did go above .0005.  Can you imagine? He gave a personal guarantee.

Now the price of the stock is way above that. As far as humping Ken's leg, sure I will hump it, because he had an offer that anyone who bought more than 100K shares of AMC would get a discounted price on the Fast Hash 80. It was an offer that was posted publicly. And, thus far, I have seen that Ken upholds his promises. And, I just love that .97 bitcoin dividend I just got!

Lorenzo Money

Of course I'm not going away. Ken has my shares and I want them back. Would you go away if I had your shares and refused to give them back to you?

I'm going to leave it that for today, but what's the bet that I'm back tomorrow with the same complaint?

Prove me wrong, Ken!

Pathetic amateur speculator who doesn't give a shit about Active Mining just wants a quick turn around and would be happy to see ACtM fail so long as he gets his poxy 15btc back.

Please, when you get your shares  sold don't fuckin reinvest in crypto-currencies, fuck off to the NASDAQ and enjoy your safe 3% per year. Looser.

I just had to break my work and respond to this.

If anyone is tying to just make a quick profit and doesn't give a shit if ActM succeeds or not, it's you guys with very few posts who don't care how the CEO of the company acts.

Now I really am going.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:25:27 PM

An almost 50,000 share order was just executed on BTCT... I'm guessing someone knows something.
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:26:24 PM

An almost 50,000 share order was just executed on BTCT... I'm guessing someone knows something.
No one knows anything.
gog1

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:27:21 PM

That was a huge buywall and a big sell!!
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:53:55 PM

I doubt it. They probably purchased a large quantity at .0025 and saw enough liquidity to cash some out and took it.
knybe

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:09:47 AM

So does that mean someone just made a 49k purchase all at once?

Or enough orders went through to cover that ask wall?

Still trying to understand all this.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:12:32 AM

There was a single buyer
and a single seller.
It was all at once.  I've seen that same wall pop up before but he pulled it away last time..

knybe

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:15:17 AM

There was a single buyer
and a single seller.
It was all at once.  I've seen that same wall pop up before but he pulled it away last time..

Conspicuous shenanigans.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: