Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:49:30 PM

The only thing I don't like about this manipulation is that it reduces liquidity. ActM is barely even traded anymore because people are afraid of being taken advantage of.

Liquidy has been where it should be.  During its launch to .009/share, that volume was temporarily inflated and we were to never expect that to be normal.

Panterino

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:54:32 PM

The only thing I don't like about this manipulation is that it reduces liquidity. ActM is barely even traded anymore because people are afraid of being taken advantage of.

Liquidy has been where it should be.  During its launch to .009/share, that volume was temporarily inflated and we were to never expect that to be normal.

That's a good point
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 08:02:17 PM

My only question would be in regard to the continued effort (as of like two posts ago) to paint ActM in a negative light. Isn't the dump over?

The dump is never over, at least not until I get ALL THE PRECIOUS ACTM SHARES!    Cool

There is nothing wrong with making money "off the backs" of less skilled, weaker speculators; that's the risk they accept for a chance at a larger reward.  Investors (IE long term speculators) are unaffected by such short term shenanigans.  All who disagree have been infected by Marxist brainwashing memes like 'profit is evil,' 'fairness is equality,' and 'property is theft.'

Free markets cannot be "manipulated."  The invisible hand is far too smart for that.  Only the State can truly manipulate markets, with its iron fists and velvet gloves.  If you don't trust free markets, the profit motive, and rational actors, what the JFC are you doing in Bitcoin, much less unregulated security trading?  If "manipulators" make you cry, simply GTFO, OK?

I drained a lot of undesirable volatility out of ACTM and the market rewarded me, because markets like stability and eschew uncertainty.  If that makes you jealous, simply GTFO and go play outside.

------------------------------[NEXT ISSUE]------------------------------

What you call a "negative light" I call 'realistic.'  My comments are easily distinguished from the true bashing, if only you had the perspective to appreciate the difference.

Be careful Mr. Noob_commentS, there is some cult-like behavior emerging on this thread.

To an extent, the lack of humor is understandable.  Many here have their life savings invested, some are German or otherwise Nordic, some are simpletons.  But humorlessness is generally a warning sign.

An additional, more significant, red flag is the Shun-the-disbeliever-apostate meme going around.  That's some 100% textbook cult shit, typical of Scientologists, Puritans, etc.

Just because I was a very early supporter of AMC does not mean I can't change, modify, or question my previous opinions/beliefs/conclusions based on new information.  Or the opportunity for a good churn-and-burn.   Wink

I told you guys I do not put up with groupthink and will strive to prevent or disrupt it, regardless of how unpopular doing so may be.

You may cry for an Authority to ban me for being contrarian, mean, and hurting your widdle feeweens, but at least I am usually honest and mostly WYSIWYG.

Especially disappointing is VE's uncharacteristic lack of insight.  He was my protege; I taught him everything about being an acerbic, smarmy, yet ultimately funny and informative metatroll but now he seems to have lost the plot and become unworthy of mimicking my shtick.

Unless the student has surpassed the master, and he's playing a long game here, I would have expected much better from him.  I hope he's about to spring an especially amusing trap, but won't get my hope up.   Tongue

/GOOD COFFEE!!!   Shocked

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:05:22 PM

My only question would be in regard to the continued effort (as of like two posts ago) to paint ActM in a negative light. Isn't the dump over?

The dump is never over, at least not until I get ALL THE PRECIOUS ACTM SHARES!    Cool

There is nothing wrong with making money "off the backs" of less skilled, weaker speculators; that's the risk they accept for a chance at a larger reward.  Investors (IE long term speculators) are unaffected by such short term shenanigans.  All who disagree have been infected by Marxist brainwashing memes like 'profit is evil,' 'fairness is equality,' and 'property is theft.'

Free markets cannot be "manipulated."  The invisible hand is far too smart for that.  Only the State can truly manipulate markets, with its iron fists and velvet gloves.  If you don't trust free markets, the profit motive, and rational actors, what the JFC are you doing in Bitcoin, much less unregulated security trading?  If "manipulators" make you cry, simply GTFO, OK?

I drained a lot of undesirable volatility out of ACTM and the market rewarded me, because markets like stability and eschew uncertainty.  If that makes you jealous, simply GTFO and go play outside.

What you call a "negative light" I call 'realistic.'  My comments are easily distinguished from the true bashing, if only you had the perspective to appreciate the difference.

Be careful Mr. Noob_commentS, there is some cult-like behavior emerging on this thread.

To an extent, the lack of humor is understandable.  Many here have their life savings invested, some are German or otherwise Nordic, some are simpletons.  But humorlessness is generally a warning sign.

An additional, more significant, red flag is the Shun-the-disbeliever-apostate meme going around.  That's some 100% textbook cult shit, typical of Scientologists, Puritans, etc.

Just because I was a very early supporter of AMC does not mean I can't change, modify, or question my previous opinions/beliefs/conclusions based on new information.  Or the opportunity for a good churn-and-burn.   Wink

I told you guys I do not put up with groupthink and will strive to prevent or disrupt it, regardless of how unpopular doing so may be.

You may cry for an Authority to ban be for being contrarian, mean, and hurting your widdle feeweens, but at least I am usually honest and mostly WYSIWYG.

Especially disappointing is VE's uncharacteristic lack of insight.  He was my protege; I taught him everything about being an acerbic, smarmy, yet ultimately funny and informative metatroll but now he seems to have lost the plot and become unworthy of mimicking my shtick.

Unless the student has surpassed the master, and he's playing a long game here, I would have expected much better from him.  I hope he's about to spring an especially amusing trap, but won't get my hope up.   Tongue

/GOOD COFFEE!!!   Shocked

If it wasn't completely obvious before just click the glowing ignore button next to this market manipulators name, and your are free forever from his direct influence.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:06:47 PM

Wait -- who are you again?  Have you posted under a different name?  Sorry, this isn't ringing a bell..
P.S. coffee is bad for overloading your cortisol levels.  Take a break once in awhile, it's good for the central nervous system.  Smiley

knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:12:16 PM

iCEBREAKER's goofey, childish wannabe-hacker-kid-"you been pwned"-graduated-from-online-gaming lingo is absolutely textbook hilarious.

I'd ignore him but its too amusing.
Panterino

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:13:41 PM

You may cry for an Authority to ban me for being contrarian, mean, and hurting your widdle feeweens, but at least I am usually honest and mostly WYSIWYG.

You got some good points there. I see there's a reason they call you iCEBREAKER!
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:14:25 PM

iCEBREAKER's goofey, childish wannabe-hacker-kid-"you been pwned"-graduated-from-online-gaming lingo is absolutely textbook hilarious.

I'd ignore him but its too amusing.

I honestly don't remember who this guy is, he seemed to spring up out of nowhere just before the joe lewis hoax.  Can someone refresh my memory?  Maybe I'm just getting old...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 08:15:08 PM

If it wasn't completely obvious before just click the glowing ignore button next to this market manipulators name, and your are free forever from his direct influence.

If many believe so, it is so?  

*BZZT*  Your logical fallacy is: Argumentum ad populum.

Concepts like rational actors and profit motives are apparently beyond your ken.

Stupid effing Marxist.  Go play outside.  Leave the free markets to us evil, rapacious capitalists.   Kiss

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 08:15:31 PM

Would icebreaker be happy to break down the numbers for me which explain the $20k profit?

How many sold at what price and how many purchased at what price.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, just genuinely curious.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:17:14 PM

Would icebreaker be happy to break down the numbers for me which explain the $20k profit?

Yeah let's see some proof of this boasting. Until then I call bullshit.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:18:32 PM

I was trying to figure that out too.  The volume wasn't that great to profit 20k..
good call.

kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:24:24 PM

I was trying to figure that out too.  The volume wasn't that great to profit 20k..
good call.

Getting closer, Sleuths! She was last seen in a city with a large tower! Allons-y!!

/Carmen Sandiego

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
physalis

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:25:51 PM

While I'm not a fan of your arrogant attitude and that apparently, your joy comes not only from making a profit, but actually from the act of exploiting the weak, I do agree on your main points.
The free market is fair. People who allow themselves to be manipulated by some stupid post deserve nothing better. Anybody who bases their investment decisions on what a troll in a forum says is nothing but a goddamn fool.

And yeah, the $20k profit... I don't buy that.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 08:27:03 PM

Wait -- who are you again?  Have you posted under a different name?  Sorry, this isn't ringing a bell..
P.S. coffee is bad for overloading your cortisol levels.  Take a break once in awhile, it's good for the central nervous system.  Smiley

Heh, I'm sensing a long con here.  That's my boy!

Coffee is full of antioxidants and prevents kidney stones, Alzheimer's, etc.

Yes, I should take a break once in a while.  But there's a fantastic Ayurvedic pill that allows me to to greatly procrastinate such insufferable deprivations, with no ill effects!

Their milk thistle liver support product is also great, for when I don't feel like abstaining from refreshing delicious beer and beautiful complex wines.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:27:54 PM

You are an utter prick - and also a self centered simpleton.

You are not taking money off Mr Bigtime here or the BoJ you are taking money off fellow ACtM supporters - ordinary guys with not much behind them many of who are new to this world. You lazily dress up your manipulation with capitalist PR bullshit just like the Banksters and the rest of the corrupt Elite you so desperately want to be part off. Manipulation of this sort is theft in all but name, it's the same when you find out that your pension holding hedge fund has sold your retirement into the Facebook IPO knowing it's a pile of over priced crap in order to make a killing in fees but knowing your pension fund will take a 20% hit. Perfectly legal, but it is also immoral and sick. Not that you give a fu@k about anyone else on here. So fu@k off to the Speculation thread where you belong troll boy, this is the Official Company thread.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:31:42 PM

I prefer this for my stress levels..

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

$20k isn't an exact figure.  I sold over 55k shares for BTC280.  I guesstimate they cost me about BTC80.  Probably less.  You can see I've been an AMC booster since the first IPO round.

Bought back in a little, but am mostly sitting in cash, waiting for SoonTM.  Because MOAR.   Cool

/proprietary trading strategery

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:37:23 PM

So you're basing your profit on what you bought in at IPO price?  That doesn't really count, seeing as how your claim is based on the plunge down to .0045 and its return to .006.   Roll Eyes  If you want to base this on IPO price instead, then I'm sure a lot of us have made 20k  Cheesy

Stuartuk

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:39:51 PM

$20k isn't an exact figure.  I sold over 55k shares for BTC280.  I guesstimate they cost me about BTC80.  Probably less.  You can see I've been an AMC booster since the first IPO round.

Bought back in a little, but am mostly sitting in cash, waiting for SoonTM.  Because MOAR.   Cool

/proprietary trading strategery

I smell BS.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: