Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68141 times)
WolfySerb

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:18:17 PM

Hey Komodo,

Whats wrong with the pool?
Last payment was at 12:20 PM today...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
komodomining

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:16:04 PM

Miningpools.cloud is also having a problem.  It was chugging along great until this morning when it stopped reporting found/maturing blocks and stopped making payments.

Sometimes it happens with orphan blocks.
it required a manual maintenance to unblock payments without restart service.
Don't worry, you will not lose payments because they will be made in a unique huge block payment

Done,
Thank you

MININGPOOLS.CLOUD - reliable mining pools with low fees and multi algo stratum pools -  FOLLOW us on twitter twitter.com/miningpoolcloud @miningpoolcloud |
MININGPOOL ECOSYSTEM [ KOMODOMININGPOOL.COM | RAVENCOIN.MININGPOOLS.CLOUD ]
vklchck

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:20:26 PM

On another note

TO ALL Pool OWNERS

Kindly advice until tonight if your pools can sustain a POSSIBLE x10 Increase in Hashrate

Thanks

DM

Ooooh.... I smell something big coming Cheesy

I'm trying to use facebook to try and spread the word of this coin, but not much traction yet...

All of you who truly believe in this coin should join some facebook groups and spread the word their if you find some time!... Their are some groups with 500K + followers!

Also, as Demarsac requested earlier... We need to blow up our Reddit forum with some traffic!!!

>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCurrency/<<<
WolfySerb

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:24:42 PM

Miningpools.cloud is also having a problem.  It was chugging along great until this morning when it stopped reporting found/maturing blocks and stopped making payments.

Don't worry, you will not lose payments because they will be made in a unique huge block payment

Done,
Thank you

Ok, thanks man.
komodomining

Activity: 156

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:32:45 PM

Miningpools.cloud is also having a problem.  It was chugging along great until this morning when it stopped reporting found/maturing blocks and stopped making payments.

Done,
Thank you

Ok, thanks man.

You are welcome, sorry for this inconvenience
i'm here, on my gitter chat and on zero slack if necessary  Wink

- - Shielding in progress, payments will be done in a few minutes in blocks of 100 ZERO every 5 minutes - -

MININGPOOLS.CLOUD - reliable mining pools with low fees and multi algo stratum pools -  FOLLOW us on twitter twitter.com/miningpoolcloud @miningpoolcloud |
MININGPOOL ECOSYSTEM [ KOMODOMININGPOOL.COM | RAVENCOIN.MININGPOOLS.CLOUD ]
ConstantinGR

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:02:00 AM

Whattomine is already working properly as we promised yesterday!

Zero still doesn't show up in the main page's calculator. I could only find it under the "coins" tab, where the calculator is indeed more accurate. The logo needs to be updated as well.

OUCH the logo!!!!

Thank you @ConstantinGR

Also, Whattomine ANN still directs to the old ANN.
But I guess the thing that needs to be fixed ASAP in order to attract miners, is to add ZERO into Whattomine's main page calculator.
Most people just have no idea about ZERO so if it doesn't show up there, they won't mine it.
It doesn't matter that ZERO is in the COINS tab, since only people who have already heard about ZERO will navigate themselves there to check ZERO's profitability.
ConstantinGR

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:22:12 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 10:27:26 AM by ConstantinGR

Windows miners has halved our earnings just in past few days.
Thanks  Angry

Windows only?? Is it different for Linux miners??
Anyway, difficulty has risen to 100,000 and the network hashrate has increased from 7 to 17 KSol/s, so I guess this explains it.
My concern/worry is that the exchange price has been stagnant to 3700-4000 satoshi. The only reason why profitability is still high (despite that it is indeed lower than the one a few days ago) is because BTC has skyrocketed. Since ZERO's price is tied to BTC, ZERO's dollar price has risen too.

To summarize:

Yes, coin rewards have decreased. Profitability is still higher than that of ETH's. Of course, ETH is more reliable and it looks like it has the potential to reach a really high price soon.
On the other hand, ZERO is more stable now and it looks like steps are being taken for further improvements that will make its price to increase. Also, without the community takeover, ZERO could have possibly collapsed.

I would really like to listen to Demarsac's point of view, as I am sure many miners have the same concerns.

Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:58:49 AM

Whattomine is already working properly as we promised yesterday!

Zero still doesn't show up in the main page's calculator. I could only find it under the "coins" tab, where the calculator is indeed more accurate. The logo needs to be updated as well.

OUCH the logo!!!!

Thank you @ConstantinGR

Also, Whattomine ANN still directs to the old ANN.
But I guess the thing that needs to be fixed ASAP in order to attract miners, is to add ZERO into Whattomine's main page calculator.
Most people just have no idea about ZERO so if it doesn't show up there, they won't mine it.
It doesn't matter that ZERO is in the COINS tab, since only people who have already heard about ZERO will navigate themselves there to check ZERO's profitability.

We have let Whattomine know 2 days ago. They will fix it
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:42:19 AM

I want to address something really Important to the community

First let me just say I have my own thought for this
but before any decisions i would like to have the community's take.
So let's suppose i am neutral.
I will give everybody 2 days for this so whoever wishes can give us his/her opinion

There are 2 growing totally different opinions so we need to address this sooner rather than later

1. There are the people that feel that if we attract more miners then the profitability of Zero will decrease
Therefore the Zero will start losing real value

2. There are the people that feel that if we attract more miners then the profitability of Zero will increase
Therefore the Zero will start gaining real value

SO i would like anyone that wants to take a position to do it here in the forum
BUT
Only with arguments.
So just let us know what you think but please give the community your arguments of WHY you think that

THIS IS NOT A VOTE

Lastly
Regardless of what everyone thinks we should do or don't
There is a constant TRUTH that nobody can deny
and this is that
ZERO is by FAR the most profitable crypto to be mined out there

DM

lutsifer

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

Mining is our Passion! Join us!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:33:05 AM

Whattomine logo and link are fixed!

https://whattomine.com/coins/210-zer-equihashzero

ForgeTop.com - The Profitable Pools
| Europe / Asia | Profitable Coins | Huge Servers | Monitoring Service | Adjustable Pool Settings | 24/7 Anon Mining |
ConstantinGR

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:50:08 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:32:46 AM by ConstantinGR

I think that mama History has already said a few things about the (not so) dilemma Demarsac placed:

So let's see what happened with ETH and BTC. In the beginning, while miners were relatively few, profitability was very high. This attracted more miners causing the difficulty to increase, but the publicity/engagement/support increased the coin price, sustaining this way profitability.

Certainly, after some point is reached, daily profitability simply cannot be as high as in the beginning. After that point, we are looking for LONG TERM profitability, which is what's happening right now with ETH, BTC and other major altcoins. This is what we should be looking for ZERO as well: long term profits. These cannot be achieved without a big community and therefore a big number of miners, despite that this will decrease short term profitability (which is still significant).

If the number of miners/ people engaged remains low, then ZERO cannot evolve/grow/increase its price. It could even die.

Based on the above, I released the Optiminer mod for Nvidia gpus a few days ago, despite that it did hurt my short term profitability. But sometimes if you are looking for the tree, you miss the forest ;-)

We need more miners, more engagement, a better mining software for Windows, more exchanges, etc. We need ZERO to grow. If we keep it for ourselves, it has no chance.

I 'm not a broker or a financial analyst, but my suggestion for the ones who want to take advantage of this particular time in ZERO's evolution, would be to invest on ZERO (=buy coins) now that the price is still low, and wait for some time...
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:29:10 AM

happy to see all the progress on zero, thanks to demarsac especially for all his efforts
mining is important and being high on coinwarz is good and high profitability is good, but the buy orders better be there and investors or price will just go down and down
there are lots (mainly) miners in this thread, we need miners who are also investors who will hold a chunk for much later in the the progress cycle and evolution of the coin

twitter needs to be actively engaged i appreciate demarsac is doing a lot already but the account has only tweeted once, people want daily tweets and updates and to attract people not on bitcointalk, I was tweeting john mcafee about zero yesterday

one other thing I noted the logo was mentioned on mining platform, the logo needs adding to the windows  qtwallet? and zero branding, thats important
I joined reddit and yes thats an important avenue

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
FOMI

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:41:43 PM

happy to see all the progress on zero, thanks to demarsac especially for all his efforts
mining is important and being high on coinwarz is good and high profitability is good, but the buy orders better be there and investors or price will just go down and down
there are lots (mainly) miners in this thread, we need miners who are also investors who will hold a chunk for much later in the the progress cycle and evolution of the coin

twitter needs to be actively engaged i appreciate demarsac is doing a lot already but the account has only tweeted once, people want daily tweets and updates and to attract people not on bitcointalk, I was tweeting john mcafee about zero yesterday

one other thing I noted the logo was mentioned on mining platform, the logo needs adding to the windows  qtwallet? and zero branding, thats important
I joined reddit and yes thats an important avenue

I agree. we need to work together to systematic on the development of all fronts of the coin. dont forget that the slogan is quickly becoming the 'community takeover' so we need to uphold that sentiment. perhaps some infogrpahics of what the coin does/is would be good for twitter/reddit plus the road map etc.
Galahad400

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:22:31 PM

As a miner of course it would be great to have a head start on accumulation before Zero is widely adopted, however we need to bring in as many people who want to be involved (including miners), and get on as many exchanges as possible in order to grow. In addition to my mining efforts I'm currently holding 25K coins that I purchased, long term.
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:22:31 PM

I am glad people share their arguments and thoughts about the dilemma
As i stated in my previous post i will let this run for another day if anyone wants to offer their own view on the matter.

Now onto something VERY important

There has been a circulating message about a bug in the GUI wallet and it was also posted in our old thread
along with other 10 coins that have a connection with Zcash.
Please be very careful when you read posts like this and don't let them affect you. Do your research and ALWAYS keep
a critical mind when reading things like this.

Just so u guys know what is happening
There is a futile try to make people sell Zcash because it is about to explode and they are trying to keep price down and buy low
therefore they are trying whatever they can.

Just for the record obviously ZERO wallet is unaffected by this bug

PS. Also i will start posting things on twitter. Guido is right about using it more often
I urge everyone to come for a quick ride to our link there and subscribe if you guys haven't already: https://twitter.com/ZeroCurrency

Zero2Hero

DM
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:52:38 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 02:17:15 PM by Demarsac

MAJOR COMMUNITY UPDATE

As mentioned before we have made some applications in specific Exchanges we feel are suitable for Zero
While we wait for those results from those applications....
I wanted everyone to know that although Several Big Exchanges has some higher prerequisites we MANAGED to cover them ALL
which means that:

Today we completed and send out our complete Application to be listed in Those Big Exchanges

This does not mean that we are going to be listed 100% and also bare in mind it will take some time to have an answer
After all right now ALL Exchanges are overloaded and overwhelmed by THOUSANDS NEW user accounts every day

Now that you know....There are no excuses

PS. ZERO IS THE MOST VALUABLE-UNDERVALUED CRYPTO IN THE WORLD

DM
rongphuongnam

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:29:11 PM

This is good news.

MAJOR COMMUNITY UPDATE

As mentioned before we have made some applications in specific Exchanges we feel are suitable for Zero
While we wait for those results from those applications....
I wanted everyone to know that although Bittrex has some higher prerequisites we MANAGED to cover them ALL
which means that:

Today we completed and send out our complete Application to be listed in BITTREX

This does not mean that we are going to be listed 100% and also bare in mind it will take some time to have an answer
After all right now ALL Exchanges are overloaded and overwhelmed by THOUSANDS NEW user accounts every day

Now that you know....There are no excuses

PS. ZERO IS THE MOST VALUABLE-UNDERVALUED CRYPTO IN THE WORLD

DM
_tompin_

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:46:30 PM

the business will not betray the results of friends

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/benksila/Untitled.png

5x sapphire rx 470 8gb (bios samsung)

Could you give some instructions/link how to get such figures? I'm getting 3.6 I/s on my msi rx470 8gb using around 120W per card.
FOMI

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:26:20 AM

Hey Guys,

So have noticed the following which we should look at to increase the Zero community and awareness of Zero:

Reddit:

At the moment it comes across as a very new reddit thread (which it is) but also as an inactive one. I suggest that the thread itself is updated visually to look more inviting:

Sample description in the right hand side to include:

- The website link
- Community resources links relating to Zero (i..e. bitcointalk etc)
- Exchange links
- Wallet Link (would be helpful if the link led to another reddit page with a tutorial on downloading and using the wallet. Will also allow the community to make comments on the wallet)
- Block Explorer link

Apperance:

- The appearance needs an update. Would be great to integrate a banner and symbol
- Original  post by Zero-community has a blue and white Z symbol that is not consistent with the website / bitcoincoin talk coin symbol. suggest this is removed/changed

Community discussion

- of course there is no point in update the visual aspect without the community participating in constant discussion. I'd say that this thread on BCT is one of the most active so we just need to transfer that energy to Reddit.

Website

- Apart from the home page link, if I click on any other link (about us, features etc) the webpage link read Zerro (2 R's) would suggest to change this typo.
- Roadmap... I would say this is one of the most important pages that needs to be filled. We as a community should define what is the roadmap for the coin. what important aspects of the coin need developing and what its usage will be in the future and why it is necessary.

http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/ (link from website)

- 424493.06098421 is shown as the current coin supply. Is this correct
- http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/richlist shows incorrect wealth distribution percentages i.e. the Top 1-25 having   1933720.48482846 ttl Zero which equates to 455.54 % of total supply of Zero.. I assume this is because the registered total current coin supply is incorrect.
- No Bitcoin price shown although there is a display for it

Wealth Distribution

- If zeroexplorer is correct than currenty there is a very imbalanced wealth distribution.
- It is inconsequential but it seems to be the consensus that so called whales are negative for any crypto community.  if this is the case would suggest that holders of large amounts of zero take their time to distribute their wealth between addresses to minimise appearance of an imbalanced community.

cheers
FOMI
cypherx89

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:04:50 PM

Hi Guys,

Can some please help me, any ideas why iam getting this error,

Error: Share submission Failed Unauthorized Worker
https://imgur.com/a/rtW4B

Iam mining to Supernova pool, really odd my other mining rig works fine, i had double checked the worker names as well, have any one else had similar issue?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: