Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: your mentality after a huge loss?  (Read 3790 times)
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:17:44 PM

What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?
It really become a great lose of will power over our next step in our financial life when we meet a huge lose. A person is retarded when he see that much lose in any of his business. After that it take some longer time that he start again to work and to invest in any other business.

Yeah, we cannot neglect the fact that not all people can easily move on and move forward after suffering a huge loss. We have a small business and I grow up seeing how my parents try to make the business survive a day, I know that it is not easy and sometimes there is big profit, sometimes just enough to have a capital for the next day and I admire how they managed the business together. Our business have suffered a loss already, twice to be exact, and I saw how they deal with the loss. My father did not lose his hope and strength, he looks for the solution to the problem and to the loss as fast as he can so that our family will not suffer too much hardship just because our business was down. By that, I experience that business in not just about profit but is also about good management of money and time.

I think that it can also be applied in here, as a trader, I always set my hopes high for inspiration and determination. I have experience losing and at that time my own experience with my family business is very helpful because it helped me not to bore too much negativity.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Mapagmahal
Copper Member

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

I just move on and don't think about that loses. If i always think that huge amount maybe i can't sleep a lot but i see these as a great opportunity to learn more on how to avoid such loses. I will be extra careful next time i trade. I will just find another investment to trade in order to recover my loses and i will do it slowly and not taking some bad decision because i might blow up again if i let my emotion play just to recover that huge amount.

i use to be a hunter
usekevin

Activity: 2226
Merit: 561

Need Manager!!Hire Me!! Telegram Id @Usekevin

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:32:02 PM

I just move on and don't think about that loses. If i always think that huge amount maybe i can't sleep a lot but i see these as a great opportunity to learn more on how to avoid such loses. I will be extra careful next time i trade. I will just find another investment to trade in order to recover my loses and i will do it slowly and not taking some bad decision because i might blow up again if i let my emotion play just to recover that huge amount.

This situation doesn't make it loss.If so,I will wait for the next trade to fulfill the loss.Always I don't boughter about the loss, I will aim for the next profit. In trading you have to tally the loss by the next or upcoming Profit. Or else you lose a lot,always buy at least and sell at the top to avoid of any loss.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:44:33 PM

If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?
I would and have learned from what happened and next time try not to do the same thing again, for me it was panic selling, lesson has been learned which took some amount of time but I think I am almost there.
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:34:52 AM

First, it depends on what you did that caused the huge loss. Because if you are trading the right way, trading in the right platform or trading the right cryptocurrency, I don't think there should be loss. Though, that doesn't means that there won't be any loss, there would be but it won't be much or that huge because trading its all about taking risks.
But, if I ever experience any big loss in trading, I will trade again, and in the next process, I will do the right thing because I believe I have learnt what cause the pervious loss.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:55:28 AM

Experience gives us more knowledge about things that we are trying to do best, so if I still have some extra money I will proceed and try my luck again, for sure I will be able to analyze much better and I can do some precautions in order not to get a same result from my previous trade.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:58:06 AM

I am going to hold back a while and try to find out what is the reason I lost my money and then I will make it as my lesson and try again for another trade, you shouldn't be afraid of losing money in trading because losing money is also part of trading

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
sana9826

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

Huge loss is depend on your effort, if you wont take risk, you can use stopp loss in order to avoid the huge loss. i ever find the huge loss twice in 2015, but i didnt think that it should be stopped my ambition in cryptocurrency. the huge loss make me work harder to be good trader. i really thanks for it, because it give me experience and i try to learn to dont fall to the same trap.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:55:29 AM

I would take some time to ease my feeling of having a huge loss and then get back to trading again. Losing is part of trading and it is in losing that we learn the most and think what part of the trade we made a mistake and then adjust our trading strategy. During this time when we suffer a huge a loss we should realize if trading is really for us and if we have the appetite to have that risk again. Trading is a zero-sum game so if there is someone who profit from it then someone is taking a loss and all we need to do is to stay in the profit side which is easier said than done.

Personally, after I took a huge loss, I stop trading for a while because I don't have capital anymore and during that time when I am not trading, I read more and think of my strategy. I cite the reason why I lose and its because of greediness so I need to do something about my emotions and I can only control it if I trade. I will keep trading until such time when I am more rational in my decision following my trading plan wherein before taking a trade, I already know when to exit.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:22:29 AM

In the short-term, I would stop trading, take a step back, and analyze what the hell went wrong. Your trading system shouldn't allow this outside the context of a black swan event (exchange going down / orders not executing). An experienced trader should rarely (if ever) suffer a "huge" loss. He should seek to make small gains, big gains, and small losses.

It's very important to cut out big losses if you want to survive as a trader, because they will seriously threaten your capital and drastically increase your risk of ruin. That's why experienced traders are always talking about "risk management" much like professional poker players discuss "bankroll management."

I'm a statistics guy and I love trading. So if it were me, I would certainly dust myself off and try again. But I would do some serious reading into proper risk management and formulate a profitable trading system before putting too much money into it.

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:30:45 AM

remember dude, no success without failure. Personally I feel what you feel, I have suffered so big losses that I finally decided to go back to take the risk and not make mistakes before that give a loss. this is just a suggestion for you, if you stop then the story line that you live will stop here. It will be different if you take the liberty to take back the risks.

Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:35:50 AM

It depends on how much money we loss, if it is million then I would probably suffer a lot and it really takes sometime to recover. After realizing my huge losses I might think to trade again but with extra precautions. We are humans and it is really normal to suffer after a huge loss. Experience in losing can make us wise and probably will become a master trader.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:02:23 AM

my mentality after a huge loss will be shock and get hurt at first but after that i should start over again and life must move on..this is the reality in life you will loss you will and you should always be prepared of everything .
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:30:45 AM

There are no other options if you want to be successful you need to move on and make a decission for the next plan its okay to fail sometimes but get over it and let it be your guide and teacher that the mistakes you've had cant be repeated again.
Experiencing a hard loss makes you stronger mentaly and have had lessons to do next and not to do.
TyrellWellick

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:36:26 AM

Well one can't really tell without experiencing it first but I think after all the answer is obvious, you can just restart all of over again it's not a game of something that when you lose you stop. You can always startover.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:16:20 AM

First time is like disaster/ nightmare, but now is like moment to learn again. I never ignore the number ( $ ) but I must find the mistake, fix it and never do that again. More money I have still become my opinion to keep make profit on the real market ( keep fighting ) but never lost emotion or ignore my disciplines. I believe everyone has that experience but keep going is the right thing you can do. Have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:22:45 AM

not in this time,im really upset after what happened this past trading
transactions,how my spectation after great researches comes to nothing.3
consecutive coin trading fail.and i dont wanna risk another so i stopped.and
now i choose investing atleast less stress everyday only when the tome of
harvesting comes
ananas99

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:25:08 AM

I would initially if I knew that there would be a great loss even and would not begin to start. Risks must be calculated initially, before investing in something. I believe that if I were in a situation, but with losses that can be managed.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:39:30 AM

well!! it's not easy to get over a loss, a huge one indeed. For me, I'll give myself sometime,  grieve over it as soon as possible so it doesn't overshadow my decisions later and then try it again another time or in another way. The fact that you lost doesn't mean its the end, so yes!! I'll invest again. and by the way, such is life, all these things are part of being human. who knows maybe that strengthens us
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:02:30 AM

I am not suffering after I got a huge loss because so far, I can handle my feeling to face loss. I will take the risk and still hold every coin in my wallet and wait for the price increases. and if I still have more money, I will buy back the coins that I think it will go to increase soon after this fallen so I can make a big profit after the price increase back. I have an experience like this in the past so I think I am fine with my loss because I know I still have my chance to get my profit back and even I can make a big profit soon.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: