Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: your mentality after a huge loss?  (Read 3787 times)
adiksau0414

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:32:44 PM

The truth is i'd never loss a big amount of money in trading, and the possibility that it may come in the future. I tried trading with just small amount to lose. In that time, i felt that its like im so stupid that why that happened (it was just a small amouny what more if i loss big time). It like i dont want to trade anymore, always thr feelingbof what if, i do this, i do that. Will i earn or will i lose all my profit. Im scared of trying new things in trading and right now im not confident to do it again. As of now, im not trading any more. Im trying to hold some of my coins and might or possible coming back to trading

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rubberduck59

Activity: 340

NEM <3

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:36:00 PM

I only see it as a loss when ive cashed out. If the price of a coin that i hold falls with 80%, then i dont consider that a loss. Not yet.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
SneakyRik

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:38:39 PM

I´ve been trading since many years in Forex, and now I'm in love with crypto. Yes when you have a huge lose its hard psicologically, what you should do is first of all take notes of what happened and why. And later take a week without trading only having a look at the market, maybe you can trade in a demo but not in real for one week.

I too would take notes of what happened during my losing trades. Since all we can remember is the heightened feeling of disappointment, notes are there to keep our heads straight for the next 'battles' to come.
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:52:37 PM

"It's okay, i'll do better tomorrow", this is the only way to survive in this world of trading, you study what did not work and you improve your method
Yes, you must fill your mind with a positive thoughts. You could be better if you will not negative thoughts control you. After a huge loss, it is normal to be sad or feel lost but make you that you will comeback and recover soon.

pantek talacuik

Activity: 773
Merit: 101

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:02:18 PM

if I fail to invest and lose big, then make a failure as a lesson and your experience to move forward, do not fail to make you despair.

NeoTech42

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:07:56 PM

Money is just money. Money come, money leave. Don't fall in depression, there are far worst situations as war, lack of food in some countries.

If you are healthy, then you can earn money later  Smiley
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

Loss at any position is a very unexpected thing for every person.  Sometime you will get benefit and some time you will loss at trading. It is a very simple matter but nobody wants loss.
As a trader, it’s a normal thing to lose something whenever we are doing our trades. We should not see a huge amount of loss at trading but if it occurred we shouldn’t give up the goal because we set our goal at trading and come to do it. We should continue the process even we trapped on a huge amount of loss. But a huge loss is very rare at trading.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:16:38 PM

What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

Of course just likw any other people that loses a huge amount i feel down i feel bad i feel refret for what i decide makes my money lose. But as much as possible i am thingjinf positive because being optimistic is one of the key in this business in order for us to survive in this business for so long. It is hard to accept that you have lost a large amount of money but still think about the bright side always think that tou can win back that money that you lose that is the mentality of a businessmen.
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:09:53 PM

Lose my minds and drinking alcohol Sad.
When I have a huge loss, I'm getting upset and somehow disappointed with myself but afterwards I'm trying to get up and do the thing that I can do to get what I deserve to have. I'm work on it again and become successful.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:50:33 PM

Money is just money. Money come, money leave. Don't fall in depression, there are far worst situations as war, lack of food in some countries.

If you are healthy, then you can earn money later  Smiley
You might can say that wise words in normal condition , it is different when you are underpressure.
Talking about losing huge money never be an easy day to get through for anyone .
That's why before the game started , before you make any investment makes sure you put only the money that you can afford to lose.
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:16:38 PM

There is always a trial and error in everything we do and that includes trading. If you loss a huge amount then stop for awhile and reflect what went wrong. Don't give up,search and study more about trading so you wont make the same mistake again.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:15:55 PM

I will stop for a while, analyze first what happened to know what went wrong why did i loss and i will think what should i do so that it wont happen again. I will not give up so easily because i know it happens sometimes and i will just learn from my mistakes and i know i will succeed soon.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:32:11 PM

If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

I just have to think first before doing some investment, sometimes i am thinking of not continuing with my trading because of the loss but temp to do it again because of the chance of earning.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:53:59 PM

After a huge loss, it is normal to be sad or feel lost but make you that you will comeback and recover soon.

It's not normal at all. If you lose and feel sad about it, you've invested more than you should have. It should be a learning moment, and not something that puts you down mentally. It's not gambling where when you lose, you directly think about winning it back, which more often than not will work against you. In some cases people try too hard to make their investments or trades successful, where they keep on losing and losing. It's a classic form of capital destruction that you'll start to notice when it's too late. That's why when you keep on losing without any improvement in sight, you should understand that it's time for you to take distance from investing/trading.
Vibr56

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:56:24 PM

You're completely right. If you feel any emotion at all, it means that you made the move based on feelings instead of a systematic approach.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:27:03 AM

Its a normal feeling that after a huge loss is your feeling down and shock all you have to do is to move on and start again with a new day.Analyzing and start again seeing what is wrong ,more experience is best to make a best trading when you invest it again.There are two things in trading a huge loss or a big profit .
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:55:35 AM

I will stop trading at the moment  and looking for other opportunity to make money like from affiliate program and when i have free money again and new trading strategy i will back to trade. I know the risk of trading so not really effect of my psikologis.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:57:45 AM

I just accept and learn from my past mistakes. If the reason on why I lost huge amounts of bitcoins were due to a force majeure or something that is inevitable to happen, then I just accept it and risk again. Before investing or trading, I always treat them as money that I am willing to lose to prevent drastic regrets after. Some people also treat their money as something that is meant to be loss or to mature in a given time. Though the feeling sucks after losing a huge loss despite making it as money that you are willing to lose, you do not have any choice but to move-on and learn from it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:17:55 AM

In that scenario i calm myself and take break a little while to relax my mind because of lose of investment, loses are the part of trading investment need to accept this part of game as trader and try to invest again to cover up the loses.

magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:00:33 AM

Ny mentality is of course i need to win back that huge loss that happened to me. I am not going to panic or lose hope because that is a huge amount of money there is no way i am gonna let that pass by without winning that back to me. Because in this business it is normal to lose money and some people are losing hope after that and lose their money forever but me no i am not giving up in that and i am gonna work hark more and strive for my goal i need to gain a pot and it is not impossible to win that back and even gain even more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: