Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 10:04:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think its the right time to sell Bitcoin ?  (Read 3586 times)
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:00:36 PM

If you have been holding for sometime and there is a new high made then if you are satisfied with the price and profit you can sell off. That is the beauty of Bitcoin liquidity which gives you money.
andamers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:36:01 PM

Do you think it will be the best time to sell as there are two kind of speculations one says the value of bitcoin will reach $20,000 by 2018 and there are also speculations that the bitcoin might go through a dump in upcoming days but i know we cannot believe into random predictions by random users due to the volatility of bitcoin but i need some suggestions whether to hold on to bitcoin or sell it out and invest some of it into altcoins and then wait for the price drop to reinvest into bitcoin which i am not sure will happen or not.

all time is good but when you decided to buy better than stop check price and hope you buy for high price than you do.

i perfer to buy and sell in less than 48 hours and will earn good
Darknight31

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:52:54 PM

For me it is the right time to sell bitcoin if you are doing a short term investment because the price is still high, but if you are on a long term investment then don't the price will fall but it will increase again.
If you are involve in an emergency that you needed money the  yes it's always a right time to sell bitcoin, it is needed for short term. But if you are just panicking because of the short drop of the price, it is not the right time to sell, because the price will rise again. You'll just have to hold and wait, it is for long term investment.
bmichael05

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:26:59 PM

I really dont know what to think about bitcoin now. When i open chart my hair stands on end, what was with btc for last month? And i really dont know what to expect. A lot of pople talking about dump and waited for it, i wait for it too. But it does nor come.

▃▃▃▌▌  STORIQA  ▐▐▃▃▃▃
Global marketplace
0k4m1

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:42:25 PM

I think the answer to your question depends on the objectives you have. If selling the bitcoins will give you the profit you need for accomplishing your objectives, it is the right time to do it. If not, I think you should wait more and don't panic about selling recklessly and missing opportunities for more profit. However, stay paying attention to the market and beware of not being taken by surprise by a sudden devaluation of bitcoin.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:46:55 PM

If you have been holding for sometime and there is a new high made then if you are satisfied with the price and profit you can sell off. That is the beauty of Bitcoin liquidity which gives you money.
Today the price of bitcoin once again started to increase so in this time it is not a good time to sell bitcoin if anyone has kept them for the profit as their investment while if someone need them for their daily need and they do not have any other money then they have to sell some part of them and have to use them for their needs while they have to wait for a little more to get the real profit.
DennisStoff

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

Personally, i disagree because bitcoin has the best potential in cryptocurrency. it will always be the best to be held, if you sell your bitcoin now, i bet that you will be regret tomorrow to watch the price that so freakin high.
cryptowhiz

Activity: 53
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:02:05 PM

for short term: yes it is
For long term: No it isn't
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:16:14 PM

Do you think it will be the best time to sell as there are two kind of speculations one says the value of bitcoin will reach $20,000 by 2018 and there are also speculations that the bitcoin might go through a dump in upcoming days but i know we cannot believe into random predictions by random users due to the volatility of bitcoin but i need some suggestions whether to hold on to bitcoin or sell it out and invest some of it into altcoins and then wait for the price drop to reinvest into bitcoin which i am not sure will happen or not.

If you want to sell then just sell, there's no need to ask if it's the right time of selling. If you bought bitcoin at $10,000 and we have it today at $17,000 then that's a profit and it's up to you if you want to keep on holding it if it's not enough. Where did you got that speculation that says bitcoin will might go through a dumping sequence? It's normal when people are dumping their bitcoins because of profit and they will also comeback when the price starts to get lower.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:26:42 PM

I think the answer to your question depends on the objectives you have. If selling the bitcoins will give you the profit you need for accomplishing your objectives, it is the right time to do it. If not, I think you should wait more and don't panic about selling recklessly and missing opportunities for more profit. However, stay paying attention to the market and beware of not being taken by surprise by a sudden devaluation of bitcoin.
Agree, I would say there is no an exact time to sell bitcoin, but there is a safe time to sell Bitcoin. And in my opinion, the safe time is now because the increase is incredibly high. If you are still not sure and want to hold for a longer time setting a stop-loss order is the best solution in case the correction/pullback happen.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

It really depends on how much profit you've made so far. Personally, I will hodl until it reaches at least $100,000. If it doesn't reach this level, then that's fine.

If the price does drop, I doubt it'll be a massive drop, the overall trend is upwards and it's likely to stay that way for the next couple of years.

If you REALLY need the money now, then by all means sell. But if you've got your spare cash held in bitcoins, I'd continue holding as you might regret it otherwise.

There is no specific concept to sell Bitcoin. If you want to sell all, you will lose the opportunity to earn profit for future . So Keep Bitcoin for the future besides selling . It is help for your business.
I think that matters and depends with time. If you have bitcoins from a long time and prices are so much high and you are getting more than expectations, then go for selling. Don’t be just greedy, this price may fall sooner and then regrets would be there in your account. So keep yourself updated, if time allows you to sell and you are earning big profits, go for it without any break.
eloymjb

Activity: 247

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:59:00 PM

for me, no one can predict of the price of bitcoin and all the altcoins out their. and for me the best time to sell your bitcoin and even altcoins is when you have profit to them. wheather its small amount or high when you have profit it is good.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

Some of the posts here say, 'sell when you are happy with the gain', and I totally agree with them. Not even experts can predict the exact future.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:04:05 PM

Depends on how much you have invested and how much profit you will be making when you cash out. Also depends on the amount you wish to risk. Did you have any threshold level, which when reached means you have reached your maximum profit  goal? If so and you have already reached it, i would tell you to cash out. Or you can cash out a part of it and hold rest of the coins.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
KourtneyK

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

It really depends if you feel like today is the right time to sell and to which you prefer; may it be short term or long term. If you are going for short term trading then yes, this is the right time to sell your bitcoins and wait for it to dip so you could buy back bitcoin at a low price. Then if you go for long term, you have to wait for a couple of months of years before selling your coin..
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:29:56 PM

In my opinion, it is not the best time to buy bitcoins because its value is $18,143.83 which means that you have to use a big amount of money to buy bitcoin. For me, I think it's better to wait for the dump of price because that would be the best time to buy coins but i can't tell when will it happen again unless hardfork exist again or some issues appeared unexpectedly. In addition, staying aware in the market would help a lot to make our own decisions.
rysea2

Activity: 407

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:30:03 PM

the only time it's right to sell bitcoin is when the price is at the top and is likely to throw it back. and when the price is back to the low point you can rebalance the BTC to recalculate into profit.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:02:36 PM

the only time it's right to sell bitcoin is when the price is at the top and is likely to throw it back. and when the price is back to the low point you can rebalance the BTC to recalculate into profit.
Naturally this is what everyone does. But personally I prefer to sell the bitcoin I have when I can already get the profit margin. I'm not concerned about how much profit I get. I think lately that when I can get a profit then my strategy is right. Little profit can make me happy, and I will keep learning until I can get more profit. The experience and knowledge that I get is the first step I have, honestly with the condition then I will be able to get a much better skill.
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:32:23 PM

I don't think it is not the right time, the value is very high and I'm worried that a bubble may be in effect but I also don't think it's anywhere near to bursting. There is still too much positive sentiment and new money.

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
crypto_angel007

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:50:19 PM

last couple of month bitcoin rate grow a lot. i think people support bitcoin and in far future bitcoin rate will incress. So if you wanna more profit then hold your coin till 2020.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: