Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins goal to end governments?  (Read 2110 times)
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:48:34 AM

I have seen many people say that Bitcoin will end governments.

But do we really want that?

And if yes how would things like infrastructure be provided without a government? (This is just an example, you can discuss any issue you see fit for this topic)

Bitcoin is designed not to destroy government. Bitcoin has been made because People wanted to prove that It is possible that All people can have a currency that is cannot be handle but it can purchase and buy anything, and that is Bitcoin, a crytocurrency. Bitcoin goal is to improve monetary system of the world. It also helped the people manage the finances and cash of people without controlling and managed by the government. People can manage and create their own account or wallet without putting their own details about their identity.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:09:13 PM

And if yes how would things like infrastructure be provided without a government? (This is just an example, you can discuss any issue you see fit for this topic)
Are you serious? then tell me how Bitcoin will be able to end governments? Even though governments cannot control Bitcoin, this does not mean that the government will be gone. the goal of Bitcoin is to be a peer to peer payment system to make transactions without the help of financial institution like banks (that makes banks useless) but I also doubt that the banks will disappear because of Bitcoin being mainstream for the reason that banks are supported by governments and officials from government are not fool to allow this to happen because they will lose their power. Just imagine a country without a government, there will be full of countless crimes.
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:10:32 AM

I personally don’t think so because i consider bitcoin as a currency which is used for transaction and other necessary payments so bitcoin will never end to a government and it will help in execution and other proper utilization of money in a easy way.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:24:31 AM

Bitcoin's main goal is to end the dominance of banks by providing a P2P platform for people to send and receive money independently at very low fee.But with its increase in price and pseudo anonymous nature,it gives an image that it is marching to end governments.But is true that its ending the dominance of governments by making people financially free and remain free from hands of the governments.Now instead of bankers,governments have started to treat bitcoin as a rival to them.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:10:29 AM

I think that bitkoyn does not have any political goals in terms of global destruction of the governments of different states. And he can not pose a serious threat to some governments. Governments are an integral and most significant part of any state. The state itself can issue normative acts on the prohibition of bitcoins and any crypto currency if it sees a threat to their existence in them. If this does not lead to the fact that bitcoin will not be used in this country, however, its circulation in the shadow will already be in a depressed state.
skimust

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:18:23 PM

Bitcoins are not really intended to end things, it is actually aimed for improvement. So maybe banks may end.
Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:27:58 PM

not ending the government but starting a new economy for the individual and of course the government will not let it go.
because any asset that greatly affects the economy of a country should be legalized and the government will intervene in that regard.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
btcbonanza

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:46:28 PM

Governments don't just look after economy. They have numerous other things to do other than framing financial policies.
Whereas bitcoin can only revolutionize finance sector. What about surveys, enumeration, roadways, railways, infrastructure? Can bitcoin solve all these problems?
Absolutely not! So bitcoin isn't the end maker of government at all.
sidebyside

Activity: 245

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:26:17 PM

I do not believe that bitcoin can end the government. If it really ends the government it is dangerous. I think bitcoin was created for the sake of helping people. It helps create jobs and creates a stable source of income for everyone to benefit from it. Bitcoin does not link government so it can not threaten the government.

ed_Berrington

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:41:26 PM

I don't see yet any reasons for the government to prohibit Bitcoin, why do they need it?
BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:45:39 PM

Bitcoin can't end governments and central powers including banks and other companies. The idea of bitcoin is the disruption of the traditional market structure and financial system. The disruption is enough, no need for an end.
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:48:30 PM

End banks, yes, because bitcoin doesn't need banks to be used. But i don't thinl bitcoin will end governments, because governments don't only have to regulate money in a country, and apart from economy, other ministries still need to be organised and bitcoin won't play a major role there.

I agree here. Bitcoin will simply put and end to banks. Governments consist of more than just money.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:06:44 PM

It is true that the ideal behind bitcoin is somehow to displace the current centralized economic system through a peer to peer exchange, which would undoubtedly seriously affect the interests of any government by losing an important source of income via taxes, however I do not see a manifest political agenda in the bitcoin bases that could compete against the public administration of nations and displace governments.
CryptoTrump

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:33:02 PM

But do we really want that? And if yes how would things like infrastructure be provided without a government? (This is just an example, you can discuss any issue you see fit for this topic)
This is rubbish how can a digital currency end the government? do you even know what the government is? why not say bitcoin will end banks?
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:40:39 PM

That's impossible, unless you are thinking about maybe debalancing the economic flow run by those said governments because they will not be able to tax Bitcoin transactions, which will maybe close a few banks.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:17:36 PM

I think so. In my opinion and by the way i see it, satoshi envisioned bitcoin to be as something that can be a currency free from any restriction and from the chains of the government with it's never closing eyes that observes 24/7.  That is how i understand bitcoin and the reason why it was made. Really couldn't think of any reason.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:21:19 PM

Infrastructure can be provided by private companies with the resources to have private pieces of infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, electrical networks and so on. It's a fascinating look into anarcho-capitalism, probably one of the funner political ideologies within the libertarian (or fiscally conservative) political region.

Bitcoin isn't really there to end world governments, just be something that governments have to compete with so that it's harder for things like 2008 to happen again. Of course they're never going to really compete against it, but we can wish they were competing so that they're actually doing what's best for their people.
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:22:40 PM

In which article did you read that bitcoin will end government? How could a country or the society move wiyhout government? I think the best thought woukd be, will bktcoin end bank? There that question would be so close to reality since bitcoin did not use banks to have your investment grow. But in some country bitcoin is already regulated by the government to insure security for your money and prevent fraudilent.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
HackS

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:20:40 PM

No one says Bitcoin could end government since it's obviously impossible, all Bitcoin could do is end/change/bring revolution to current economic and currency system. I'm what you heard were either "Bitcoin could destroy an government/country economic" or "Bitcoin could destroy existing banking and system currency".
Kinda my thought or should I say we share same opinion but you heard that countries are baning it as they can't earn from it and should I say afraid of what it can become new world order change of rich and poor in some cases which is not in their interest which would greatly affect governments and its function (result no working class which could make chaos) and as you know banking familys kinda control world and kinda run governments with their influence as one can't exist without other (and my opinion that BTC didn't have that intention but will have that end result). Anyway we will see what will future bring.
HackS

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:25:20 PM

I think bitcoin will not end governments. I think bitcoin give the opportunity to people to manage their own finances without any of government interfere. we can spend or receive money without any border and without limits. the infrastructure we need is the internet, without internet, we cannot use bitcoin. if government realize that from bitcoin, people can solve the poverty and they can solve their problem in financial and people will free to use their own money.
Complete freedom,and as for internet believe me so does the government as it can't function without it nowadays.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: