Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:01:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:11:48 AM

AM is out far ahead of everyone and I expect them to put serious pressure on the price once competitive units emerge into reality.  Especially if they can kick out a 65nm product before the end of the year.  All bets are off if they announce an acquisition of someone else's IP and they stuff it into their manufacturing chain.

ASICminer are around 48Th/s http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

Avalon have shipped way more than that ASICminer in just batch #1 and #2, they have volume chips going out to the DIY market, and second generation product in the design phase. I think Avalon will keep ahead of the pack unless BFL can find away to increase their output. I am quite sure BFL could sell a heap more product if they could deliver in an acceptable time frame eg. weeks not months or years, but at this point there is no sign of them doing so. I still see Avalon leading the race for the next 6mths. or more.

dentldir

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:41:07 AM

AM is out far ahead of everyone and I expect them to put serious pressure on the price once competitive units emerge into reality.  Especially if they can kick out a 65nm product before the end of the year.  All bets are off if they announce an acquisition of someone else's IP and they stuff it into their manufacturing chain.

ASICminer are around 48Th/s http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

Avalon have shipped way more than that ASICminer in just batch #1 and #2, they have volume chips going out to the DIY market, and second generation product in the design phase. I think Avalon will keep ahead of the pack unless BFL can find away to increase their output. I am quite sure BFL could sell a heap more product if they could deliver in an acceptable time frame eg. weeks not months or years, but at this point there is no sign of them doing so. I still see Avalon leading the race for the next 6mths. or more.
The chart you linked is what they are running live.  My understanding is that enough chips were produced for 200TH and they are running less to not threaten the network.  Recent marketing materials from resellers in China indicate that they target 1000TH by years end.  Their advantage is their lead in production capability which can be used to control price.

I agree that as a distributed threat, all the Avalon producers combined can also be a dominant force.  Seeing the April chip images solidified that.

BFL needs a black swan announcement to be a big player going forward.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:09:08 AM

BFL is a done dead duck..............They cannot get shipping in volume,for whatever reason  Roll Eyes

IMHO,its due to ineptitude.Poor management & just plain laziness...............

Hope they fold up shop soon  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:34:36 PM

BFL is a done dead duck..............They cannot get shipping in volume,for whatever reason  Roll Eyes

They claim to have already shipped more hashrate then all other asics combined.  So not sure if this is correct.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:14:23 PM

They claim to have already shipped more hashrate then all other asics combined.  So not sure if this is correct.

Since Avalon and ASICMiner together account for over 50% of the network, I doubt this is true.
But BFL never let math stand in their way before...

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:21:35 PM

Since Avalon and ASICMiner together account for over 50% of the network, I doubt this is true.
But BFL never let math stand in their way before...

Most definitely another one of their infamous lies.

But, lets say they have for giggles. Its only because of the Jalas which may be why they're so far ahead in Jalas. They somehow figured that they can look good by shipping out all the supply of Jalas they can assemble and side-shaft the Minirigs and Singles.
Its a scumbag move through and through.
erk

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:14:50 PM

But, lets say they have for giggles. Its only because of the Jalas which may be why they're so far ahead in Jalas. They somehow figured that they can look good by shipping out all the supply of Jalas they can assemble and side-shaft the Minirigs and Singles.

Have you considered that one model might be easier and faster to build than the others? Nah, that would be too obvious, doesn't fit in with your tin foil hat theory.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:32:58 PM

Have you considered that one model might be easier and faster to build than the others? Nah, that would be too obvious, doesn't fit in with your tin foil hat theory.

Their first model they shipped was a little single to Luke-Jr.
After 3 months and 22 days they haven't gotten past the first day's worth of single orders...
It ain't complexity of assembly, the single is basically a box with 2 jalapeno's in it. After seeing the teardowns, a person can assemble one in 10 minutes.

erk

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:31:38 AM

Monday, July 22, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
07-23-2013 at 12:43 PM

Jalapenos shipping through the Nov 2, 2012 Paydate

Little Singles still shipping June 25, 2012
    Singles finishing June 23, 2012

MiniRigs June 23

Jalapenos still wining.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:29:26 AM

by
BFL_Jody

MiniRigs June 23

Jalapenos still wining.

What a joke.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Shipping Update
Singles from pay date June 23, 2012 shipped. We are nearing the end of June 23 orders for Singles. We may finish them in a day or two.

1 or 2 days turns in to 13+ days.

Buy & Hold
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:50:32 AM

by
BFL_Jody

MiniRigs June 23

Jalapenos still wining.

What a joke.

Singles from pay date June 23, 2012 shipped. We are nearing the end of June 23 orders for Singles. We may finish them in a day or two.

Where are you looking they started working on June 23rd orders on May 20th
Here is the Blog entry:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/164-monday-5-20-shipping-update.html

Its been 2 months today!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 03:19:35 PM

by
BFL_Jody

MiniRigs June 23

Jalapenos still wining.

What a joke.

Where are you looking they started working on June 23rd orders on May 20th
Here is the Blog entry:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/164-monday-5-20-shipping-update.html

Its been 2 months today!

And this is only one reason why I claim BFL is nothing but a bunch of lying, thieving pricks with Sonny Vleisides at the helm.

If the above statement is false, today is the end of the 10 day period which I requested BFL to sue my ass. I expect to be served today.

Let me get this straight: BFL will take the time to notify 60K+ orders the status of the production stage, but have discontinued their live pick-up option that wasn't even in place by a small handful of people desiring to do such. Also, they would take the time to photograph a unit for an eBayer prior to having it picked up by the hosting company, but once sold on eBay, the unit is returned to the BFL's facility so that the eBayer who bought it can pick it up.

If that's the case, then them bastards should all be shot with a load of cum.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:04:56 PM

Lets say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.
300 x 30GH/s = 9000 GH/s per day shipped.
That means in the last 10 working days, BFL claims to have shipped 90 TH/s.
I see Avalon's batch 2 arriving and the ASICMiner increase in hash rate. I don't see the extra 90TH/s BFL claims to have shipped.

Of course, if any of those units were full sized singles or mini-rigs, there would be even more hash rate.
Clearly, they are not assembling 300 singles per day.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:12:39 PM

Lets say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.
I see Avalon's batch 2 arriving and the ASICMiner increase in hash rate. I don't see the extra 90TH/s BFL claims to have shipped.

Of course, if any of those units were full sized singles or mini-rigs, there would be even more hash rate.

Why are you trying to do the math against Josh's claims, you are preaching to the choir buddy.
We don't believe Josh.

I won't call him a liar because I think he believes what he is saying.

I just think he is wrong 100% of the time.

So that being said, if he speaks, then he must be wrong.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Why are you trying to do the math against Josh's claims, you are preaching to the choir buddy.
We don't believe Josh.

I won't call him a liar because I think he believes what he is saying.

I just think he is wrong 100% of the time.

So that being said, if he speaks, then he must be wrong.

I like to have more than just my tinfoil hat as evidence  Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:33:24 PM

Fuck that! What about 300 units a day for the past month and they are all Jellys?

300 X 30 = 9,000 X 4.5 = 40,500

That equates to 405 TH/s shipped.

And we know Goddamn well that they ordered units themselves to be hosted at the Josh's and Joe's data centers under the guise of foreign miners not wanting to pay the shipping fees or the hassle, both of which is a mute issue since these people don't really exist.

Fuck, they probably placed names in the queue for those mega-miners for the purpose of not only mining with them, but to sell them on the open market, i.e. eBay.
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:28:30 PM

Anyone want to wager how many Single orders they have for June 23rd?  Has to be under 100 right?

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:31:29 PM

Fuck that! What about 300 units a day for the past month and they are all Jellys?

And we know Goddamn well that they ordered units themselves to be hosted at the Josh's and Joe's data centers under the guise of foreign miners not wanting to pay the shipping fees or the hassle, both of which is a mute issue since these people don't really exist.

Fuck, they probably placed names in the queue for those mega-miners for the purpose of not only mining with them, but to sell them on the open market, i.e. eBay.

Math. 

This is why I love Bitcoin.  The provability of the blockchain.  If BFL shipped 90TH/s or 400TH/s we would see it in difficulty.  Actually if anyone was mining with that gear (BFL or owner) we would see it in the difficulty.

So the bad news is that even if BFL is self-mining they are doing so with such a small amount of hashing power as to not be meaningful in context of the amount of orders they have promised.
Mabsark
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:46:02 PM

Your numbers are wrong.

300 X 30 = 9,000
9,000 * 4,500,000,000 = 40,500,000,000,000 = 40.5 Th/s

Mabsark
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:50:33 PM

Math. 

This is why I love Bitcoin.  The provability of the blockchain.  If BFL shipped 90TH/s or 400TH/s we would see it in difficulty.  Actually if anyone was mining with that gear (BFL or owner) we would see it in the difficulty.

So the bad news is that even if BFL is self-mining they are doing so with such a small amount of hashing power as to not be meaningful in context of the amount of orders they have promised.

The numbers posted above are wrong, the actual value is not 405 Th/s but 40.5 Th/s. Has the network increased by 40.5 TH/s since BFL started shipped? Definitely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: