Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:19:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
lindeanin

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:04:42 PM

Josh just announced that all pre-orders will be shipped out within 29 days.

If true, definitivelly best news today.
Lol, do you think  Phinnaeus Gage is a teller of truth?

Yes i believe it may be true. Look at Phinnaeus Gage post count, he definitivelly knows what he is talking about
GoodStuff

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:05:38 PM

Lol, do you think  Phinnaeus Gage is a teller of truth?

Well Phinnaeus (I think) got that info from a post where Josh said he expected the backlog to be cleared by the end of August or something like that.

EDIT: He says it here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3611-buttefly-company-still-work-not-3.html#post44788

From Josh:
Yes, I still expect us to be through the back orders by the end of August.
Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:10:28 PM

I'm also sure there was a bit of sarcasm in there since he seems to dislike BFL from what I've read!

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:12:10 PM

What is really annoying for people like me is that I ordered 3 Jalepenos in the first couple of weeks.  They should have arrived and paid for themselves by now, but I UPGRADED my order to the better mini single, which no one has yet seen!!.

I wish I could down grade my order again.  Id be much better off.

If everyone had just ordered Jalepenos the entire BTC net would have been better off, greed for bigger and bigger rigs will kill the ROI for everyone. Avalon made a huge mistake launching a 60GH/s rig straight up, too much of a leap from FPGA. It started a trend which is already causing problems. They should have simply sold 10 x the number of 6GH/s rigs. for a much better balanced net, and they could have charged more per GH/s.

Many humans suffer from greed, ordering big rigs straight up is an obvious example of this, like dogs competing for a food bowl.

Go big, or go home. Your attitude likely weakens your profit margin.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:39:46 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 10:33:30 PM by erk

What is really annoying for people like me is that I ordered 3 Jalepenos in the first couple of weeks.  They should have arrived and paid for themselves by now, but I UPGRADED my order to the better mini single, which no one has yet seen!!.

I wish I could down grade my order again.  Id be much better off.

If everyone had just ordered Jalepenos the entire BTC net would have been better off, greed for bigger and bigger rigs will kill the ROI for everyone. Avalon made a huge mistake launching a 60GH/s rig straight up, too much of a leap from FPGA. It started a trend which is already causing problems. They should have simply sold 10 x the number of 6GH/s rigs. for a much better balanced net, and they could have charged more per GH/s.

Many humans suffer from greed, ordering big rigs straight up is an obvious example of this, like dogs competing for a food bowl.

I don't think it has anything to do with profit margin, most crypto miners don't seem to be bright enough to consider such things first. More likely it is the "up size" mentality drummed into the consumer culture, why buy an efficient small car when you can have an SUV? Just borrow more, and spend a fortune on running it. Efficiency was never part of the equation, just having more is all that matters.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:49:28 PM

What is really annoying for people like me is that I ordered 3 Jalepenos in the first couple of weeks.  They should have arrived and paid for themselves by now, but I UPGRADED my order to the better mini single, which no one has yet seen!!.

I wish I could down grade my order again.  Id be much better off.

I don't think it has anything to do with profit margin, most crypto miners don't seem to bet bright enough to consider such things first. More likely it is the "up size" mentality drummed into the consumer culture, why buy an efficient small car when you can have an SUV? Just borrow more, and spend a fortune on running it. Efficiency was never part of the equation, just having more is all that matters.

It was Cyprus and the price rise that turned the spotlight and brought more interest with more money. Obviously some with more liquidity than others, all wanting more power.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
panck4beer

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:53:43 PM

I'm also sure there was a bit of sarcasm in there since he seems to dislike BFL from what I've read!

Sarcasm or not, 1 month for delivery sounds good after so much wait

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:18:46 PM

Yeah would you like to bet they don't come anywhere close to making that delivery estimate?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 10:27:32 PM

Since PSUs no longer need to be shipped with the miners, that accelerates the process several fold, coupled with the packages now weigh less putting more moneys in BFL's coffer until their coffin is nailed shut.

A whole new era begins after the end of August. BFL's Gen3 miners will be faster, cheaper, consume less power, look sexier, and will be delivered on time since...

Indeed, the bottom line is we are working to improve customer service and our shipping times.  We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there.  I have been working hard on the customer service issue as well as the shipping issues.  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs. 

Our ASIC chip is 100% original IP and we will have as many chips as we need, when we need them.  We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.   

The ASIC generation is going to be much less complex, as well, so there will be less steps to creating a fully functional end unit, and we will also be able to assemble/produce the much faster.  Everything you know about BFL is changing now and will continue to change.  The only thing I can do is assure you we understand the concerns and we are doing everything we can to address the past mistakes. 

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:40:04 PM

We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.   

quote:

BFL_Jody  , 07-29-2013 at 09:50 PM

Jalapenos: None shipped today
Little Singles: One shipped today (okay I gave you an actual count!)
Singles: The bulk of our orders shipped today were Singles from pay dates 6/23, 6/24 and 6/25
MiniRigs: None shipped today

Is BFL cranking out these things?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:46:22 AM

We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.   

quote:

BFL_Jody  , 07-29-2013 at 09:50 PM

Jalapenos: None shipped today
Little Singles: One shipped today (okay I gave you an actual count!)
Singles: The bulk of our orders shipped today were Singles from pay dates 6/23, 6/24 and 6/25
MiniRigs: None shipped today

Is BFL cranking out these things?

Hell no! They couldn't even secure a contract to manufacture a common washer even if they were the lowest bidder. You think our government is stupid? They'll even prove that they're not prior to September 15, 2013, the day Sonny Vleisides probation is up for fleecing the elderly outta millions with his 15 year running lottery scheme.

Time to hit those over the head with a cricket bat again who truly think that Sonny has changed his ways and they'll soon get their negative ROI Bitcoin miner sans a PSU from BF Labs Inc.

Backstory: Sonny Vleisides owns webspawner.com: http://www.webspawner.com/users/sunrider

I'm sure the State Department is looking into this. If not, they soon will be.

This post brought to you by Bruno Kucinskas, MONUMENTAL ASSHOLE at Large.
dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:31:05 PM

Mr Phinnaeus Gage,
Every time I see your avatar I get a chuckle. I think the red highlights how overheated your frontal lobe gets, constantly obsessing about BFL and associated characters.
I sure hope your condition is not impairing you in other aspects of your life.

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:11:54 PM

Lol, do you think  Phinnaeus Gage is a teller of truth?

Well Phinnaeus (I think) got that info from a post where Josh said he expected the backlog to be cleared by the end of August or something like that.

EDIT: He says it here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3611-buttefly-company-still-work-not-3.html#post44788

From Josh:

This is physically impossible and will never happen.

Won't happen by the end of September either.

They are currently shipping no more than 75 units a day
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:20:27 PM

From Josh:

What do you expect Josh_Inaba will say? The hard cold truth with a human touch?

"Dear Clients, the truth is we have no firm way of knowing when we will get through the backlog of orders. To estimate would be pure conjecture and we have more respect for our clients than this. All we can say is we are doing our best to get through the backlog and we are confident that we will solve our production and logistics issue as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience, understanding, and the trust and money you have invested in BFL.

If unfortunately you feel you can no longer wait we understand and will offer full refunds to any client who request one in short order."

No Sonny is giving strict orders "Josh, tell them anything you want but keep in mind your performance bonus is tied to New Pre-order volumes and Pre-order refunds, so you know what you need to do!"
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:07:53 PM

It looks like nobody who ordered in 2013 will get their order this year, if ever - or get their investment back on their purchase.

Pretty cool stuff. I applaud anyone who cancelled their order as having great foresight.
dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:12:01 PM

It looks like nobody who ordered in 2013 will get their order this year, if ever - or get their investment back on their purchase.

Pretty cool stuff. I applaud anyone who cancelled their order as having great foresight.

Darn you truther!

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:14:34 PM

I ordered a 7GH/s Jalapeno last month.  I don't care if it takes a year to arrive.  ROI isn't important to me.  It's not even a consideration, really.

Hopefully those who have got ROI in the forefront of their minds will get refunds, making my order shuffle it's way closer to the front of the queue.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:56:55 PM

I ordered a 7GH/s Jalapeno last month.  I don't care if it takes a year to arrive.  ROI isn't important to me.  It's not even a consideration, really.

Hopefully those who have got ROI in the forefront of their minds will get refunds, making my order shuffle it's way closer to the front of the queue.

You should care. The money you spent last month on a 7gH/s miner will more than likely buy you a 70gH/s miner a year from now.

Furthermore, they have stated they have ceased giving refunds now for your orders as they are shipping.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 04:39:24 PM

Mr Phinnaeus Gage,
Every time I see your avatar I get a chuckle. I think the red highlights how overheated your frontal lobe gets, constantly obsessing about BFL and associated characters.
I sure hope your condition is not impairing you in other aspects of your life.

Thank you for your concern. It's not, with the exception of spending less time on MFC.

You do realize that my "constantly obsessing about BFL" has yet to equal all that Josh posted sticking it up naysayers' asses, hence taking my doctor's advice and created a goal in life: Stick it up Josh's ass and see how it likes it. The only flaw I now see in this endeavor was failing to see that Josh likes it.

Sonny Vleisides, on the other hand, won't ever return here to address a single issue because...wait for it...he's a pussy!
vcsmith

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:58:43 AM

It looks like nobody who ordered in 2013 will get their order this year, if ever - or get their investment back on their purchase...

I did. It took a month, but I successfully got a refund on my several-months-old order - even after BFL told me "no".  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: