Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:41:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:44:39 AM

So again... Only Avalon, BFL and ASICminer are shipping, like I said. 3 vendors with working chips in the field.

So again... Only Avalon and ASICminer are shipping in volume.

Being on Day 1 of orders for 67 days does not count as shipping.  13 months 5 days backlogged.

ASICMiner shipping same week.

Even Avalon being behind as far as they are, are in better shape.
trichome

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:02:03 AM

So again... Only Avalon, BFL and ASICminer are shipping, like I said. 3 vendors with working chips in the field.

Being on Day 1 of orders for 67 days does not count as shipping.  13 months 5 days backlogged.

Exactly what i thought when josh(inaba) from bfl just wrote that BFL is shipping.  Shipping units from your first week of pre-orders that started over a year ago does not count as shipping you can say trickling out!!!!!

So glad paypal is awesome and forced a refund for me and got me my money back!!!

jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:50:02 AM

We can tell that out of all the "BFL" threads, Josh is paying most attention to this one.  Obviously this brings revenue from the automated investing machines.  For people who are paying attention; this is your cue.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:29:40 AM

Exactly what i thought when josh(inaba) from bfl just wrote that BFL is shipping.  Shipping units from your first week of pre-orders that started over a year ago does not count as shipping you can say trickling out!!!!!

So glad paypal is awesome and forced a refund for me and got me my money back!!!

Oh, BFL is shipping alright. But they are using this "ship":

Thus you have to wait 6 months to get your product.

Did BFL just become a verb?
I hope I don't get BFL'ed on the stuff I just ordered online!

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 03:41:00 AM

The 22 wings shipping vessel is not the problem.

It's BFL's COO...

ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:21:13 AM

And Bitfury.
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:34:09 AM

quote BFL_Josh

"We are working to solve the customer service issue, but unfortunately it's not as easy as waving a magic wand and everything is better. There are many factors that have to be juggled and there are only so many man hours available."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3900-bfl-told-me-they-wont-honor-their-ship-pay-date-sequence-promise-3.html#post49733

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 05:25:37 AM

quote BFL_Josh

"We are working to solve the customer service issue, but unfortunately it's not as easy as waving a magic wand and everything is better. There are many factors that have to be juggled and there are only so many man hours available."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3900-bfl-told-me-they-wont-honor-their-ship-pay-date-sequence-promise-3.html#post49733

You are fuckin' kiddin' me! How the fuck can there be one iota of a problem with the CS department when a half dozen or more people were hired on months ago to add to the already 4-6 on hand led by none other that Granny Drake, the person who recently claimed that her and Josh are of equal status at Planet BFL?

By sister handles 300 emails a day along with her other duties, and you telling me that 10 people can't handle 100 emails each per day? That equals to >$5,000/wk in payroll to perform a job that's not being performed properly.

That only means one thing: Minecraft and blowjobs are taking up way too much time at BFL. I suggest ending the Minecraft sessions.

Before hitting the post button, something else just occurred to me. If Josh didn't spend so much time penning smack on this forum, he could easily allocate that time to address emails and other CS duties.

Then again, why the fuck am I giving advice to them fuckturds? The last suggestion I can them, they used without even giving me a thank you.

What suggestion was that you ask? I suggested that instead of using the swarm of locusts to deliver all them packages to the USPS once in full production, simply call them and they will pick up. I'm sure Sonny let Josh blow him twice that day when he ran into Sonny's office to share with him his great revelation.

It must be nice to get blowjobs while I get it stuck up my monumental asshole sans lube.
dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:35:01 AM

The 5 stages of loss/grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.

This thread just got me into the 4th stage.

Looking forward to acceptance.

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:25:58 AM

Translated (my interpretation):

"I am worried about these folks. Please, do not buy the KNC devices. We can't do low nm chips at a time like this."

and

"Look, we are charging 60k+ for our mini-rig. KNC, they are charging close to a third of that. Pretty please, don't buy from them! <Insert mind numbing nonsense here>"
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:31:16 AM

Remember children,

If you throw enough money at a problem...eventually even crippled butterflies can swim!
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

That only means one thing: Minecraft and blowjobs are taking up way too much time at BFL. I suggest ending the Minecraft sessions.

That really made me LOL.   Cheesy
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:25:28 PM

BFL is to shipping product like Bernie Madoff is to refunding investors.

The majority of both sets of clients will NEVER see ROI
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:49:16 PM

Great, BFL ist shipping day one singles since how many weeks now?! Thank you Josh, I paid 200 BTC for my single - do you really think this machine will ever break even? How many months should I expect until my order from the first week is shipped?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 05:56:28 PM

Great, BFL ist shipping day one singles since how many weeks now?! Thank you Josh, I paid 200 BTC for my single - do you really think this machine will ever break even? How many months should I expect until my order from the first week is shipped?

Boy, you're in for it now!

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:28:28 PM

For homework, you children should calculate the hashing power AM and Avalon are responsible for bringing online so far. Add those 2 values together and add 20 Th/s (the network hash rate at the beginning of the year), then subtract this new value from the current network hash rate. You will have a number representing the hashing power brought online by everyone but AM and Avalon. Explain where this hashing power came from if not BFL.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:03:02 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 11:09:05 PM by k9quaint

For homework, you children should calculate the hashing power AM and Avalon are responsible for bringing online so far. Add those 2 values together and add 20 Th/s (the network hash rate at the beginning of the year), then subtract this new value from the current network hash rate. You will have a number representing the hashing power brought online by everyone but AM and Avalon. Explain where this hashing power came from if not BFL.

The problem is that both ASICMiner and Avalon are opaque. We only know about units shipped in the public sale batches from Avalon, and the public farm ASICMiner reports on. Even so, with the first 2 batches from Avalon running at ~60TH (900 x 65GH/s) and batch 3 at 40TH/s (600x65GH/s) and ASICMiner public mine running at ~40TH/s that is almost 2/3rds of the network. ASICMiner sells blades to private investors as well and there is no way to know how many they made or sold. Legacy FPGAs & GPUs probably still account for between 10-20TH/s. The 30day estimate puts the network hashrate at 240TH/s

Back of the envelope says:
Avalon batches account for 100TH/s
ASICMiner public mine accounts for 40TH/s
FPGAs + GPUs 15TH/s (assuming a lot of hash power has left for Litecoin)
ASICMiner Block Eruptor Blades (10-13GH/s each ) & USB sticks + BFL = 85TH/s (85+100+40+15 = 240)

ASICMiner Block Eruptor Blades have been shipping in bulk since early May.
BFL has been shipping Jalapenos since late April and Singles since June.
There is no way to know how much either company has shipped.

Edit: I fixed some bad math on my part

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 11:40:46 PM by Mabsark

The problem is that both ASICMiner and Avalon are opaque. We only know about units shipped in the public sale batches from Avalon, and the public farm ASICMiner reports on. Even so, with the first 2 batches from Avalon running at ~60TH (900 x 65GH/s) and batch 3 at 40TH/s (600x65GH/s) and ASICMiner public mine running at ~40TH/s that is almost 2/3rds of the network. ASICMiner sells blades to private investors as well and there is no way to know how many they made or sold. Legacy FPGAs & GPUs probably still account for between 10-20TH/s. The 30day estimate puts the network hashrate at 240TH/s

ASICMiner Block Eruptor Blades (10-13GH/s each ) & USB sticks + BFL = 125TH/s

Batch 3 Avalons have only just started shipping and some people still haven't received batch 2 orders yet. It would be more reasonable to assume that 900 units have shipped rather than 1500.

AM recently released a financial report. It included the following:

Mining Income: 102,041.82BTC
Blade Sales Income: 29,594.75BTC
USB Sales Income: 37,524.00BTC

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:07:36 PM

ASICMiner Block Eruptor Blades (10-13GH/s each ) & USB sticks + BFL = 85TH/s

Batch 3 Avalons have only just started shipping and some people still haven't received batch orders yet. It would be more reasonable to assume that 900 units have shipped rather than 1500.
First, I got my math wrong:

The first reported (in English on these forums) batch 3 unit in hand was over a week and a half ago. We don't know how many batch 3 units were shipped to destinations in China which would have arrived much sooner (no 2-3 week boat ride, no customs, etc). Large mining operations in China could have picked up the units themselves from the factory for even earlier deployment, which would be in their best interest to do.

If we assume it is a gross figure, then they auctioned off at least 600 blades for between 45-50BTC.
USB is a bit trickier since they have two price points. Assuming that the batches were equal size, then we have around 24,000 USB miners shipped. If that income is all from the first sales point, then only about 18,000 were shipped.
So, (assuming gross figures) at least 7.8 TH/s from blade auctions and 6-10 TH/s from USB miners.

We can only estimate lower bounds of sales by ASICMiner and Avalon. If either ASICMiner or Avalon (or both) licensed their designs to mining concerns and sold them chips, then there could be significant clone installations out there by now. If the ASICMiner IP was in a different company, those licensing deals would not be reported. Avalon doesn't have any sort of financial reporting, and neither does BFL.

If I had to guess, I would say by now BFL has shipped about 800 singles (of the 60 GH/s variety) and at least 2000 Jalapeno's by now. That puts them around about 60 TH/s. Tack on the 8 mini-rigs known of, and we can say at least 65 TH/s total. That seems reasonable given the rest of the numbers.
So that is 3 days of singles and 7 days of Jalapeno's. If they are shipping 300 units a day, what did they do for the other 50 work days? Sad

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 11:20:40 PM

Batch 3 Avalons have only just started shipping and some people still haven't received batch orders yet. It would be more reasonable to assume that 900 units have shipped rather than 1500.
First, I got my math wrong:

The first reported (in English on these forums) batch 3 unit in hand was over a week and a half ago. We don't know how many batch 3 units were shipped to destinations in China which would have arrived much sooner (no 2-3 week boat ride, no customs, etc). Large mining operations in China could have picked up the units themselves from the factory for even earlier deployment, which would be in their best interest to do.

If we assume it is a gross figure, then they auctioned off at least 600 blades for between 45-50BTC.
USB is a bit trickier since they have two price points. Assuming that the batches were equal size, then we have around 24,000 USB miners shipped. If that income is all from the first sales point, then only about 18,000 were shipped.
So, (assuming gross figures) at least 7.8 TH/s from blade auctions and 6-10 TH/s from USB miners.

We can only estimate lower bounds of sales by ASICMiner and Avalon. If either ASICMiner or Avalon (or both) licensed their designs to mining concerns and sold them chips, then there could be significant clone installations out there by now. If the ASICMiner IP was in a different company, those licensing deals would not be reported. Avalon doesn't have any sort of financial reporting, and neither does BFL.

If I had to guess, I would say by now BFL has shipped about 800 singles (of the 60 GH/s variety) and at least 2000 Jalapeno's by now. That puts them around about 60 TH/s. Tack on the 8 mini-rigs known of, and we can say at least 65 TH/s total. That seems reasonable given the rest of the numbers.
So that is 3 days of singles and 7 days of Jalapeno's. If they are shipping 300 units a day, what did they do for the other 50 work days? Sad

WTF! If Josh said 300 or 400 a day were assembled then shipped since July 4, 2013, who the fuck are you to call out an outstanding member of BitcoinTalk by implying he's a liar? Please check your figures again, then come back here and apology to the only honest person on this forum, namely Josh Ryan Zerlan, COO of BF Labs Inc. (Butterfly Labs), located at 10770 El Monte, Leawood, KS 66211, whose president is Sonny Vleisides, who's still on probation for fleecing the elderly with his lottery scam, but is on record in stating that he changed his ways, unlike his real Daddy-O, James Ray Houston, the Silver Kind of Nevada and founder of Laissez Faire City in Costa Rica.

Full Disclosure: I am not versed in keyword spamming!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: