Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:50:13 AM

BFL backlog estimate:

source:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2713-time-table-simplified-14.html#post50313

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:26:26 AM

Josh just announced that all pre-orders will be shipped out within 29 days.

If true, definitivelly best news today.
Lol, do you think  Phinnaeus Gage is a teller of truth?

Well Phinnaeus (I think) got that info from a post where Josh said he expected the backlog to be cleared by the end of August or something like that.

EDIT: He says it here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3611-buttefly-company-still-work-not-3.html#post44788

From Josh:
Yes, I still expect us to be through the back orders by the end of August.

BFL delivery estimates are a moving target so it's not surprising you might have missed this one.  This update moving the target again appears to have been penned about 5 days after he wrote the one about clearing the back log by end of August.  I would expect sometime in the next couple of weeks we will hear how it will be end of October and so on (until the house of cards comes tumbling down!).

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status.html#post45852
I did talk to suppliers and ran some calculations. With the current order book up to today, I expect it to be filled by the end of September. I'm not sure what order number we'll get up to by the end of August, but we'll be pretty far into it by then. I'll probably have a better idea by the middle of this month.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:43:45 AM

Josh just announced that all pre-orders will be shipped out within 29 days.

If true, definitivelly best news today.
Lol, do you think  Phinnaeus Gage is a teller of truth?

Well Phinnaeus (I think) got that info from a post where Josh said he expected the backlog to be cleared by the end of August or something like that.

EDIT: He says it here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3611-buttefly-company-still-work-not-3.html#post44788

From Josh:
Yes, I still expect us to be through the back orders by the end of August.

BFL delivery estimates are a moving target so it's not surprising you might have missed this one.  This update moving the target again appears to have been penned about 5 days after he wrote the one about clearing the back log by end of August.  I would expect sometime in the next couple of weeks we will hear how it will be end of October and so on (until the house of cards comes tumbling down!).

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3703-josh-its-time-update-bfl-asic-status.html#post45852
I did talk to suppliers and ran some calculations. With the current order book up to today, I expect it to be filled by the end of September. I'm not sure what order number we'll get up to by the end of August, but we'll be pretty far into it by then. I'll probably have a better idea by the middle of this month.

Captain Vague, how soon can you get here to save us from Dr. Doom?

I'm not sure exactly where I am now, but if I'm nearby, expect soon, otherwise probably not as quickly as you would like me to be there to save you all. I'll probably have a better estimate... Damnit! I just wrecked my quadcopter. Honestly, saving you monumental assholes is the the least of my worries.

Captain Vague, out!
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:56:27 AM

... 900 units a day ...

quote BFL_Office:

The setup has a conservative capacity of 300 units per 8 hour shift or 900 units in a 24 hour day.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/article-comments/58-article-butterfly-labs-invests-heavily-high-speed-production-equipment-2.html#post886

quote BFL_josh:
"I am often asked the question "If I order now, when do you expect my order to ship." This is a hard question to answer, since we don't know exactly how long it takes to assemble a unit. However, the best estimate we have for this is that if you order today, 13 January 2013, you would likely receive your order around the middle of March or possibly sooner if you're ordering a Jalapeno or a Single"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/129-13-jan-13-asic-update.html

13 January 2013
"We have all of our parts needed to build the units in stock, with the exception of the chips. We have taken delivery of all of our Chinese made components at this time and they are filling up our warehouse and the assembly plant warehouse. Our fab is not located in China and our chips will be done before CNY in any event. Our packaging plant is located in California and obviously not affected by CNY, our assembly house is located in the US and thus also not affected."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 03:15:20 AM

... 900 units a day ...

quote BFL_Office:

The setup has a conservative capacity of 300 units per 8 hour shift or 900 units in a 24 hour day.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/article-comments/58-article-butterfly-labs-invests-heavily-high-speed-production-equipment-2.html#post886

quote BFL_josh:
"I am often asked the question "If I order now, when do you expect my order to ship." This is a hard question to answer, since we don't know exactly how long it takes to assemble a unit. However, the best estimate we have for this is that if you order today, 13 January 2013, you would likely receive your order around the middle of March or possibly sooner if you're ordering a Jalapeno or a Single"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/129-13-jan-13-asic-update.html

13 January 2013
"We have all of our parts needed to build the units in stock, with the exception of the chips. We have taken delivery of all of our Chinese made components at this time and they are filling up our warehouse and the assembly plant warehouse. Our fab is not located in China and our chips will be done before CNY in any event. Our packaging plant is located in California and obviously not affected by CNY, our assembly house is located in the US and thus also not affected."

I am often asked the question "If I order now, when do you expect my order to ship." This is a hard question to answer, since we don't know exactly how long it takes to assemble a unit. However, the best estimate we have for this is that if you order today, 13 January 2013, you would likely receive your order around the middle of March or possibly sooner if you're ordering a Jalapeno or a Single. Minirigs take much more time to build than the other product lines, so they will take longer to deliver. However, without actually going through a bulk assembly process, we aren't sure what the major bottle necks will be. We can do estimates and we have strived for simplicity in everything related to the SC line. To that end, it requires 4 screws per Jalapeno and 6 screws per Single. Assembly of these units should take less than 5 minutes (probably around 3 minutes) per unit, so working through our pre-order backlog should be very quick. It will take more time to box and label them than it will to assemble them. The March ship date is a worst case scenario and it's entirely possible you would get your unit much sooner than that.

Inaba the Dream Maker!

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:33:02 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 04:24:12 AM by YipYip

Wow 900 units a day now

it started at 300...now 400 and now hold onto your ears 900 units a day

We are now the 2nd day of August and your 90 days are finished in ~ 28 days

I really think if you liying dogs even shipped 100 units a day people would be dancing in the street !!!

EDIT : Just saw that they shipped ~120 units ...they got so exicted they took a picture.... so far we have had 20 units on a trolly and now 120 units for a week i would guess worth of shipping...wow dont really see the 900 units a day Huh

I really liked the "i dont know how long it takes to build a miner " ....really is this because u have not actually built any or you would not be lying to us again Josh ...

Anyways Bitfury Avalon KNC (maybe) AsicMiner & Others are about to drop the diff curve bomb and i give them 12 weeks until the EOL (End of Life )

So here is my count down............... 90 days and Josh, Sonny and his merry band of thiefs are either

Holidaying in an Non-Extraditable country (Sonny)

or

Josh.Z the professional EPIC FAIL of historic proportions... the most un-employable person on the internet

He would give Casey Anthony a run for her money trying to get a job in a child care center as Josh ever working in the Electronics industry....... I think the only things Josh will be worrying about in the future  are

"What can i actually buy with my food stamps"
                      &
"What shops will accept them "
                  &
"Can i barter Raman noodles for Beer"
                  &
"Will my trolly make it from the Shelter and back to Liquir Store or should I stash it the abandoned building next to the 7 eleven"
                &
"Phineues Gage is on a real money earner with his Barn wood Salavage Entetrprise maybe i should call him for some tips"

Good luck with that Josh..... Cool

Your Future looks so bright, hopefully you will find a pair of discarded sunglass's in the next trash can you go looking through..

Start to get worried when SOnny says I will be gone only for a couple of days and Ill be back Soon ..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:10:23 AM

Thursday, August 1, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
08-02-2013 at 02:08 PM

Jalapenos: none shipped today

Little Singles: we shipped through July 23, 2012

Singles: All shipped through June 26, 2012 and into June 27, 2012

MiniRigs: Biggest shipment so far. Still from June 23 orders

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:45:58 AM

Re: Criminal proceedings against Butterfly Labs for fraud

quote / translation

"The case was closed. BFL had indeed refused to make a refund but after I reported the American trade supervision, BFL has refunded me the 15,000 USD back."

Das Verfahren wurde eingestellt. BFL hatte sich zwar geweigert ein Rückzahlung zu leisten aber nachdem ich es der Amerikanischen Handelsaufsicht gemeldet habe, hat BFL mir die 15,000 USD zurück erstattet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255178.msg2846193#msg2846193

dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:43:13 PM

quote / translation

"The case was closed. BFL had indeed refused to make a refund but after I reported the American trade supervision, BFL has refunded me the 15,000 USD back."

Das Verfahren wurde eingestellt. BFL hatte sich zwar geweigert ein Rückzahlung zu leisten aber nachdem ich es der Amerikanischen Handelsaufsicht gemeldet habe, hat BFL mir die 15,000 USD zurück erstattet.

This BFL debacle may be a textbook example of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I get a strong sense that BFL might've done a lot better in many aspects of their operation had they not been surrounded and bombarded by the clinically-suspicious and vocal crowd that is a staple of bitcoin.

It's impossible to succeed in any project where your current customers are vocally and justifiably destroying your ability to get additional customers.  No business succeeds without positive cash-flow from new sales.

Equally or more blameworthy was placing sub-standard individuals to manage their early stumbles, and keep them there when things got ugly.

BFL did have the technical capability and intent to design and market a viable ASIC device that could've made a lot of BTC for a whole lot of folks, but this never came to be.

My point is that incompetent PR and execution on BFL's part, coupled with the barrage from unreasonably acid buyers irrevocably poisoned a business idea that did, in fact, have a real product behind it.

This very damaging combination killed the money supply for BFL.  The louder the cross-fighting, the less sales, less free cash to fix the issues, the more delays, the louder the complaints, the stupider the retorts....all the while, there was, in fact, a product to be had, but no extra money to address the inevitable wrinkles that come with the introduction of new technology.

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:23:28 PM

quote / translation

I get a strong sense that BFL might've done a lot better in many aspects of their operation had they not been surrounded and bombarded by the clinically-suspicious and vocal crowd that is a staple of bitcoin.

It's impossible to succeed in any project where your current customers are vocally and justifiably destroying your ability to get additional customers.  No business succeeds without positive cash-flow from new sales.

Equally or more blameworthy was placing sub-standard individuals to manage their early stumbles, and keep them there when things got ugly.

BFL did have the technical capability and intent to design and market a viable ASIC device that could've made a lot of BTC for a whole lot of folks, but this never came to be.

My point is that incompetent PR and execution on BFL's part, coupled with the barrage from unreasonably acid buyers irrevocably poisoned a business idea that did, in fact, have a real product behind it.

This very damaging combination killed the money supply for BFL.  The louder the cross-fighting, the less sales, less free cash to fix the issues, the more delays, the louder the complaints, the stupider the retorts....all the while, there was, in fact, a product to be had, but no extra money to address the inevitable wrinkles that come with the introduction of new technology.

And you are blaming the customers for that? Excuse me but when I pay for something under a pretense I expect it to be fulfilled within reason. Not lied to and treated like crap for months on end while I attempt to figure out when I will in fact get my already months late and now devalued order. Maybe BFL should be focusing on satisfying the people they pissed off instead of finding new suckers to buy into them

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

Maybe BFL should be focusing on satisfying the people they pissed off instead of finding new suckers to buy into them

Pigs would grow wings and fly sooner than this would happen.
geofflosophy (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:59:25 PM

quote / translation

WTF? BFL has SOOOO many orders... they're still shipping orders from the middle of 2012. Anyone who puts an order through the door at this point is almost certainly going to lose money, and even if BFL manages to get their current backorders out the door by the end of September;forget August; and new orders out the door shortly after, you're still looking at almost no upside, even if you manage to get back to even. And the people who placed orders in BTC in 2012 are never going to even come close to making back their money relative to just holding BTC during that time.
erk

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:03:21 PM

WTF? BFL has SOOOO many orders... they're still shipping orders from the middle of 2012. Anyone who puts an order through the door at this point is almost certainly going to lose money, and even if BFL manages to get their current backorders out the door by the end of September;forget August; and new orders out the door shortly after, you're still looking at almost no upside, even if you manage to get back to even. And the people who placed orders in BTC in 2012 are never going to even come close to making back their money relative to just holding BTC during that time.
There are many things that could change, the next wafer run could be more power efficient, BFL could decide to reduce it's price to improve ROI/sales. You can't tell what's going to happen.
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Lesson learned: Never do business with an Asic manufacturer / miner assembler that has an open unending ordersheet. Not saying it won't rule out foul play but at least it shows a level of responsibility.

As someone else pointed out before (can't remember who but iwon't take credit for it) Yes they are shipping an undeniable truth but anyone placing new orders is buying a heavily back-ordered product. Seeing that it is backordered product than not refunding clients is utter BS. Josh has always said (someone find his quote as I'm too lazy to muck through months of mindless drivel from the guy) that BFL does not spend the order money until the item is produced or something along that line.

Well if you haven't spent it then give it the fuck back. Even if you did give it back anyways. It's the right thing to do not that good morals have anything to do with this company's management.
erk

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:14:10 PM

Lesson learned: Never do business with an Asic manufacturer / miner assembler that has an open unending ordersheet. Not saying it won't rule out foul play but at least it shows a level of responsibility.

As someone else pointed out before (can't remember who but iwon't take credit for it) Yes they are shipping an undeniable truth but anyone placing new orders is buying a heavily back-ordered product. Seeing that it is backordered product than not refunding clients is utter BS. Josh has always said (someone find his quote as I'm too lazy to muck through months of mindless drivel from the guy) that BFL does not spend the order money until the item is produced or something along that line.

Well if you haven't spent it then give it the fuck back. Even if you did give it back anyways. It's the right thing to do not that good morals have anything to do with this company's management.
Most BFL products are around $50 per GH/s, that's no longer competitive, the market is offering $20 per GH/s elsewhere, so BFL wont have an open ended order book at their old price if people have to wait months for delivery. In the near future, the order book is just going to move to whichever ASIC vendor, has the shortest delivery time.

dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:16:12 PM

quote / translation

And you are blaming the customers for that? Excuse me but when I pay for something under a pretense I expect it to be fulfilled within reason. Not lied to and treated like crap for months on end while I attempt to figure out when I will in fact get my already months late and now devalued order. Maybe BFL should be focusing on satisfying the people they pissed off instead of finding new suckers to buy into them

I didn't ONLY blame the angry customers, you should read my post.  Inept company reps AND customers with anger that feeds on itself will kill any business' sales.
BFL didn't choose to build ASICS in lots like Avalon.  The didn't put the cash from past sales in a lock-box until they fulfilled those orders, instead they rely on ongoing sales to fund current operations, like 99.9999% of businesses.
I'm asserting the irony that the louder customers warn about BFL's non-performance, the less likely BFL will ever be able to correct their performance.  A self-fulfilling prophecy.
BFL is not like Exxon-Mobil that has mountains of cash reserves and a reputation to keep, that they can't go out and hire an army of workers without cashflow.  And what supplier in their right mind will ship them the boatloads of components they need to ramp up deliveries?  Certainly not after they check these boards.
So my point about the self-fulfilling prophecy:  the louder the screams of scam!, the more certain their performance became scam-like, even though they did have a real, well-performing design, and did intend to supply an innovative product.

I don't blame preorder customers for complaining of delays.  I am one of those customers and have complained myself. Nor did I absolve BFL for royally fumbling how they dealt with their non-delivery and wouldn't quit exaggerating their capabilities, creating ever-loftier expectations they had no hope ever meeting.

You know who does deserves blame? Those that incessantly warned about BFL being an outright scam, never placed an order, and wouldn't believe a Jalapeno was real even if it hit them on their heads.  Instead of eating humble pie when shipments started, many of these model human beings (not all) switched their wrath to complain about slow deliveries and bury BFL, even when they had no stake in BFL.  What was (is) their motivation?  I suspect it has more to do with salvaging their ego than trying to improve the situation.

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
Threader

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:16:45 PM

Free market is a wonderful thing  Wink
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Lesson learned: Never do business with an Asic manufacturer / miner assembler that has an open unending ordersheet.

I recognize I am dangerously close to flirting with a shill accusation for ASICMiner, but after observing the ASIC landscape develop since BFL's first announcement, I will not be participating in any further pre-orders in Bitcoin space.

Avalon's recent developments have cemented that decision as their chip shipments are late and their customer service/communication is abysmal.

If you have a product that I can pay for and receive in a week's time, Perfect ! You have my business.

It's just too risky right now in Bitcoin ASIC space, and it's worth the peace of mind paying a premium for a product I can have right now hashing away on the network.

I imagine a year from now, the landscape will have changed such that we'll have no trouble picking-and-choosing from several vendors with stock on-hand.
Threader

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:24:21 PM

quote / translation

I didn't ONLY blame the angry customers, you should read my post.  Inept company reps AND customers with anger that feeds on itself will kill any business' sales.
BFL didn't choose to build ASICS in lots like Avalon.  The didn't put the cash from past sales in a lock-box until they fulfilled those orders, instead they rely on ongoing sales to fund current operations, like 99.9999% of businesses.
I'm asserting the irony that the louder customers warn about BFL's non-performance, the less likely BFL will ever be able to correct their performance.  A self-fulfilling prophecy.
BFL is not like Exxon-Mobil that has mountains of cash reserves and a reputation to keep, that they can't go out and hire an army of workers without cashflow.  And what supplier in their right mind will ship them the boatloads of components they need to ramp up deliveries?  Certainly not after they check these boards.
So my point about the self-fulfilling prophecy:  the louder the screams of scam!, the more certain their performance became scam-like, even though they did have a real, well-performing design, and did intend to supply an innovative product.

I don't blame preorder customers for complaining of delays.  I am one of those customers and have complained myself. Nor did I absolve BFL for royally fumbling how they dealt with their non-delivery and wouldn't quit exaggerating their capabilities, creating ever-loftier expectations they had no hope ever meeting.

You know who does deserves blame? Those that incessantly warned about BFL being an outright scam, never placed an order, and wouldn't believe a Jalapeno was real even if it hit them on their heads.  Instead of eating humble pie when shipments started, many of these model human beings (not all) switched their wrath to complain about slow deliveries and bury BFL, even when they had no stake in BFL.  What was (is) their motivation?  I suspect it has more to do with salvaging their ego than trying to improve the situation.

You remind me of that castro dude in court blaming the helpless victims for his demise
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:37:12 PM

quote / translation

You remind me of that castro dude in court blaming the helpless victims for his demise

Name:   dominicus
Activity:   42
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   July 01, 2013, 12:30:49 PM

How did a member of The Sockappellas get in here? Singing a tune that the customers are to blame for BFL?
Dumbest sockpuppet ever, I bet this one lasts even less time than int03h does.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: