Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:54:18 AM

Rough night, tonight! Got sprayed by a skunk, took a nail to the knee, a 12" wide barn board with lead paint hit my forehead, and the truck is now stuck in the mud on some farmer's property. Did I miss anything while I gone for a couple hours?

While out, I dreamt up a couple new Bitcoin Charity ideas so that I can steal some more money from miners.

Has anybody else noticed the dangerous game Josh is playing? That boy ain't right, and he better start getting his priorities in line. Either that, or take another trip to Vegas to buy himself some more pussy.

This should give enough ammo for Josh to pen his next post, for the Sonny-Sucker won't comment on the FCC issue.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:43:57 PM

No, you're not, Bruno.  You're just a confirmed thief who embezzles fund from charities and steal wood from local properties that you resell on Cragislist.  Yeah, definitely a stand up citizen, you are.
Grin  Grin
160 posts of truth, lies, FUD, conjecture and half-truths, and this guy swoops in, does a hit-and-run ad hominem attack on his nemesis, accusing him of stealing wood. 

I come to the BFL threads now in the morning even before chron dot com to read my morning comics.  It's more fun, and you can't make this shit up.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 03:51:56 PM

No, you're not, Bruno.  You're just a confirmed thief who embezzles fund from charities and steal wood from local properties that you resell on Cragislist.  Yeah, definitely a stand up citizen, you are.
Grin  Grin
160 posts of truth, lies, FUD, conjecture and half-truths, and this guy swoops in, does a hit-and-run ad hominem attack on his nemesis, accusing him of stealing wood. 

I come to the BFL threads now in the morning even before chron dot com to read my morning comics.  It's more fun, and you can't make this shit up.

Not forget the other thread where Josh has taken it upon himself to publish my real last name, but jizz-face has yet to release Sonny K.'s last name even though many have asked, including his loyal customers he refers to as Monumental Assholes.

And I'm the bad guy in all this? The guy trying to ferret out the truth?

If I recall, there were those trying to ferret out the truth about Pirate, all of which were ridiculed as well. Look at what shit Trendon is in now. And here we have Josh defending his boss, Sonny Vleisides, in a similar manner.

When the day comes, I will be literally laughing my ass off when shit finally hits the fanssssssssssss.

300 units a day my ass! It's already been proven that this is not happening, yet even it were, it'll take months to ship out all the backorders, after which time BFL doesn't have a single product in the works to follow up their ASIC line, even if they had the trust of their customer base to sell anything in the future.

In six more weeks, Sonny may be off his probation and will be able to fly to Costa Rica to enjoy the beauty of its blue butterflies.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:56:24 PM

The claim of 90 Th/s in 10 days is entirely yours based on the maths of shipping 300 Little Singles per day. BFL never claimed to be shipping 300 Little Singles per day, they claimed to be shipping "about 300 units a day" as shown in the quote you provided. Provide the quote of a BFL employee claiming to have shipped either 90 Th/s in 10 days or 300 Little Singles (as opposed to 300 units) per day. If you can't do that then stop talking out of your arse.

This is the fourth time I have tried to explain why you are on my side. Please pay attention, it is making you look bad.
A) BFL_josh made the claim in the article in the OP that they are shipping 300 units a day.
B) BFL_jody said they stopped the Jalapeno production line to let the "singles and mini-rig lines catch up".

Those two statements in combination (if true) would result in at least 9TH/s per day (over 10 days time the lower bound would be 90TH/s) since by BFL's own admission they had temporarily stopped shipping Jalapeno's. Since 90TH/s is not visible in the hash rate, it does not exist. Therefore, one of those two statements is false.

As to which statement:
People who were expecting their Jalapenos to be built and shipped (since BFL was close to their pay date) had an unexplained week long wait that generated several forum posts. Therefore, it was more likely that BFL redirected their efforts towards the other lines as Jody claimed.
That leaves Josh's statement to a reporter touring the BFL facilities as unlikely to be true.

Since this thread is about that statement, I provided the math behind why the title of this thread is somewhat misleading.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:58:04 PM

Grin  Grin

I think the SEC charging Pirateat40 has made Josh a little nervous and testy. It seams the Feds are taking fraud in the Bitcoin space more seriously than some had thought.  Grin

Loredo

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

I think the SEC charging Pirateat40 has made Josh a little nervous and testy. It seams the Feds are taking fraud in the Bitcoin space more seriously than some had thought.  Grin
You may be right.  More seriously than I had thought, I'll admit.  My view was they would let bitcoin fraud and crime consume it from the inside.  I guess that that fraud was so egregious, and so clearly fraught with securities violations, that they couldn't let it go. 

The pre-sales, though, I'm still not sure there will be governmental intervention.  That said, I've been surprised that BFL hasn't been more aggressive in "correcting" posters on these forums when the term "investor" rather than "presale customer" was used.  Sure, it would be a stretch to associate a presale with an unregistered investment, since it was tied to a specific item, but, still, you can't be too careful when you're running close to an edge.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:19:45 PM

You may be right.  More seriously than I had thought, I'll admit.  My view was they would let bitcoin fraud and crime consume it from the inside.  I guess that that fraud was so egregious, and so clearly fraught with securities violations, that they couldn't let it go. 

The pre-sales, though, I'm still not sure there will be governmental intervention.  That said, I've been surprised that BFL hasn't been more aggressive in "correcting" posters on these forums when the term "investor" rather than "presale customer" was used.  Sure, it would be a stretch to associate a presale with an unregistered investment, since it was tied to a specific item, but, still, you can't be too careful when you're running close to an edge.

I'm willing to bet that a lot more refund requests were made once the SEC article about Pirate got released, especially by investors further down the queue. Those close to the top of the queue may not request a refund, opting to take a calculated gamble, the same gamble by those made too late in Pirate's Ponzi Scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:36:47 PM

It's really not that uncommon for a company to a long time to deliver a product.  If you look at stuff done on Kickstarter, things got funded and took way longer to deliver then promised. The only difference is that with bitcoin hardware, a lot of the value is tied to when you get hardware.  If it comes to late, it's worthless.

For things like android watches or whatever, customers are not going to care that much, they're just buying a toy and their lives will go on if it's a year late.

But I don't think BFL will be criminally liable as long as they ship all their products, even if it takes 2 years and the miners don't even pay for electricity once they finally reach customers.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 05:13:39 PM

It's really not that uncommon for a company to a long time to deliver a product.  If you look at stuff done on Kickstarter, things got funded and took way longer to deliver then promised. The only difference is that with bitcoin hardware, a lot of the value is tied to when you get hardware.  If it comes to late, it's worthless.

For things like android watches or whatever, customers are not going to care that much, they're just buying a toy and their lives will go on if it's a year late.

But I don't think BFL will be criminally liable as long as they ship all their products, even if it takes 2 years and the miners don't even pay for electricity once they finally reach customers.

And BFL is well aware of the loophole. Legally, they can deliver one unit a day and be within the confines of the law. But they opt to send out a dozen units a day to keep the refund requests as low as possible.

For those patiently waiting for units, Josh is currently in his office penning posts on this forum, posting private PMs sent to him.

Any other employee, whether a COO or not, of any other company doing such, would be immediately terminated. That said, why is Josh still employed at BFL? I think the last thing that Sonny Vleisides wants is more heat bestowed upon his beloved up-and-up enterprise.

I formally request that BF Labs Inc. immediately fire Josh Zerlan from their company before he starts releasing private information about BFL's affairs.

Sonny: Josh, I'm sorry to say this, but I have to let you go.

Josh: But,...

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 05:27:05 PM

And BFL is well aware of the loophole. Legally, they can deliver one unit a day and be within the confines of the law. But they opt to send out a dozen units a day to keep the refund requests as low as possible.

For those patiently waiting for units, Josh is currently in his office penning posts on this forum, posting private PMs sent to him.

Any other employee, whether a COO or not, of any other company doing such, would be immediately terminated. That said, why is Josh still employed at BFL? I think the last thing that Sonny Vleisides wants is more heat bestowed upon his beloved up-and-up enterprise.

I formally request that BF Labs Inc. immediately fire Josh Zerlan from their company before he starts releasing private information about BFL's affairs.

More homophobic hyperbole from Phinnaeus Gage AKA Bruno Kucinskas!  You go, Bruno!  Show the world what a bigoted, irresponsible liar you truly are!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 05:56:22 PM

It's really not that uncommon for a company to a long time to deliver a product.  If you look at stuff done on Kickstarter, things got funded and took way longer to deliver then promised. The only difference is that with bitcoin hardware, a lot of the value is tied to when you get hardware.  If it comes to late, it's worthless.

More homophobic hyperbole from Phinnaeus Gage AKA Bruno Kucinskas!  You go, Bruno!  Show the world what a bigoted, irresponsible liar you truly are!

No problem, bud! Will do! And you keep on responding to posts while working in the capacity of BFL on irrelevant subject matter while your customer base awaits product.

BTW, please point out the lie I made when inquiring about that FCC cert you promised in two weeks back in last November. I apologize for keep bringing it up, nut you keep glossing over the subject each and every time I, among your loyal customers, keep bringing it up.

And what about the lie you commented about meeting with Sonny K. but have yet to release whom that person was?

Josh = COO of BF Labs Inc.
Bruno = A person on the internet asking very, very, very simple questions.
Josh = Doxxing a person on the internet for asking very, very, very simple questions.
Bruno = The guy being doxxed and accused of stealing barn wood around the Sandwich, IL, area.
Josh = Deflecting the attention away from any subject of which may harm BFL.
Bruno = Continues to ask the same very, very, very simple questions.

Which person above has a credibility issue: The barn wood guy or the guy doxxing the barn wood guy?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 05:59:34 PM

Yet another one of Bruno's lies:

~Bruno Kucinskas~ (my real full name, sans the Jr., verifiable, for your doxxing pleasure)  Smiley

Huh, name posted by Bruno himself in March... yet somehow I'm the first one to post it.  Yep... more honesty from one of the biggest scammers in Bitcoin, Bruno Kucinskas aka Phinnaeus Gage.

How'd that 30% of sales thing go?  

The reply I quoted is in reference to me stating that Bitcoin 100 will become self-supported. Over and beyond the 1% referral fee earned, of which won't occur till further down the road, I'll be starting up an entity of which 30% of net sales will go directly into the coffer of Bitcoin 100.

Straight to your pocket, I'd wager.  Quite the little scam you have going on there Bruno.  Stealing from a charity, quite a class act!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:29:11 PM

Josh = Doxxing a person on the internet for asking very, very, very simple questions.
Bruno = The guy being doxxed and accused of stealing barn wood around the Sandwich, IL, area.

Which person above has a credibility issue: The barn wood guy or the guy doxxing the barn wood guy?

Really Bruno ?

I read a lot of your posts here...

I never see any simple questions...only implying, false evidence (oh yeah your supa post with the pictures from different hardware..) tin foil hat conspiracy, etc, etc...

The only thing simple i see here...is YOU.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:55:39 PM

Really Bruno ?

I read a lot of your posts here...

I never see any simple questions...only implying, false evidence (oh yeah your supa post with the pictures from different hardware..) tin foil hat conspiracy, etc, etc...

Name:   fractal02
Activity:   22
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   July 18, 2013, 07:59:06 AM

Accounts older than April 1st 2013 that unambiguously support BFL:
Kano (paid for with hashing equipment)
Slok (paid moderator for BFL forums)
Inaba (COO of BFL)

Anyone have any others?

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:08:00 PM

Name:   fractal02
Activity:   22
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   July 18, 2013, 07:59:06 AM

Accounts older than April 1st 2013 that unambiguously support BFL:
Kano (paid for with hashing equipment)
Slok (paid moderator for BFL forums)
Inaba (COO of BFL)

Anyone have any others?

Hahaha....You fail so hard...

Next player try again Wink

I don't support BFL...I only hate weirdo behavior.

PS: I'm not paid but i accept donation 1NY4JjTBJuj6EgA9BQ6bXyKdyVThrDRuQk   Wink
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:14:47 PM

I don't support BFL...I only hate weirdo behavior.

People shouldn't care what accounts created a week ago think of BFL. I know I don't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/bitcoin-ponzi-scheme-alleged-by-sec-in-lawsuit-against-texas-man/2013/07/24/232a764e-f3c0-11e2-81fa-8e83b3864c36_story.html
The SEC got Pirateat40, is BFL next?

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:59:31 PM

The claim of 90 Th/s in 10 days is entirely yours based on the maths of shipping 300 Little Singles per day. BFL never claimed to be shipping 300 Little Singles per day, they claimed to be shipping "about 300 units a day" as shown in the quote you provided. Provide the quote of a BFL employee claiming to have shipped either 90 Th/s in 10 days or 300 Little Singles (as opposed to 300 units) per day. If you can't do that then stop talking out of your arse.

This is the fourth time I have tried to explain why you are on my side. Please pay attention, it is making you look bad.
A) BFL_josh made the claim in the article in the OP that they are shipping 300 units a day.
B) BFL_jody said they stopped the Jalapeno production line to let the "singles and mini-rig lines catch up".

Those two statements in combination (if true) would result in at least 9TH/s per day (over 10 days time the lower bound would be 90TH/s) since by BFL's own admission they had temporarily stopped shipping Jalapeno's. Since 90TH/s is not visible in the hash rate, it does not exist. Therefore, one of those two statements is false.

As to which statement:
People who were expecting their Jalapenos to be built and shipped (since BFL was close to their pay date) had an unexplained week long wait that generated several forum posts. Therefore, it was more likely that BFL redirected their efforts towards the other lines as Jody claimed.
That leaves Josh's statement to a reporter touring the BFL facilities as unlikely to be true.

Since this thread is about that statement, I provided the math behind why the title of this thread is somewhat misleading.

You said:

Lets say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.

Then you did some maths. Then you made the following statement:

That means in the last 10 working days, BFL claims to have shipped 90 TH/s.

Which is simply a lie. You are the one making that claim "for the sake of argument", not BFL. BFL only claim that they were shipping 300 units per day.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:19:13 PM

As to which statement:

You said:

Lets say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.

Then you did some maths. Then you made the following statement:

That means in the last 10 working days, BFL claims to have shipped 90 TH/s.

Which is simply a lie. You are the one making that claim "for the sake of argument", not BFL. BFL only claim that they were shipping 300 units per day.

I like how you quote my statements in this very post, which you then ignore in order to draw your conclusion. Fortunately, I have the patience of a saint when dealing with folks who have trouble following logic.

You should not ignore the maths, it is the whole point of this series of posts.
You should also not ignore the bolded statement where BFL_Jody declared that the Jalapeno line was stopped while the other lines catch up.
Where I said "for the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles", that was to establish the lower bound. Those units could not be Jalapeno's per BFL_Jody's statement that none of those were shipping. Those 300 units could have been Little Singles, Singles, or Mini-rigs. I said for the sake of argument that they were all little singles because if any of them were larger than little singles, then the math is even farther than adding up. Little singles have the least hash rate of the possible shipping units from BFL.

My statement is not a "claim" as you put it. It was an assumption, and then under that assumption I illustrated that the maths did not add up. Therefore the assumption could not be true. BFL could not be shipping 300 of little singles, or 300 of anything larger than little singles. BFL_Jody said that the Jalapeno line was halted during this period. So the point of my posts are:

If at the time of the visit BFL could not have been shipping 300 Jalapenos (according to BFL_Jody).
and if BFL could not have been shipping 300 little singles (the maths don't add up),
and if BFL could not have been shipping 300 of anything larger than little singles (the maths are even farther from adding up),
then BFL was not shipping 300 of anything while Josh was giving that tour.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:27:35 PM

How about an easier one:

If BFL is shipping 300 units a day and has been working on June 23rd 2012 orders since May 21st
How many units has BFL shipped?

If you assume they are working 7 days a week then 18900 units.
If you assume they are working 5 days a week then 13800 units.

Do you believe either of these numbers?

I didn't think so.

How many orders do you think reasonably were placed on June 23rd 2012?
Take that number and divide it by the number of production days between today and May 21st 2013 and that is how many they are likely shipping each day.  If you think it was 5000 units ordered on 6/23/12 and they work only on weekdays then they are shipping 105 units a day.

Currently they are again out of power supplies for Singles (50gh/60gh units) and are shipping only units where they get the ok from customers to ship without a Power Supply.

Mini-Rigs, the units that were $20k plus still have not moved but a couple.

And Jalapenos are back to sending out one day of orders each day.

You guys get into the name calling and the accusations. Try using common sense. A 5th grader can see they aren't shipping 300 a day.
In Josh's mind it's the truth because he saw 300 Jalapenos go out the door on one day and ONE day only.

2 weeks ago (tm) he said that production would grow to over 600 units a day, and his shipping person is telling us they are out of power supplies.

I don't think he is a liar, I just think he is wrong. All the time.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:40:53 PM

I don't think he is a liar, I just think he is wrong. All the time.

Holy semantics, Batman ! That's quite the noodle-baker.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: