Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:19:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
dominicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:12:26 AM

Hey YipYip,

I'm no BFL lover. I'm a customer that has orders in the endless BFL backlog.  My view, and I believe I've seen BFL posters say so on the BFL forum, is that all "pre-orders" became orders when shipments started.  I think it's safe to assume whatever lock-box they may have had was legally cracked wide open.

I'm not frenetic with anger because:
1. I didn't send BFL thousands of dollars for effen minirigs, and certainly not to the point that I'd turn into an a-hole if I didn't get product on time.
2. I placed my orders later this year, had the benefit of reading this site, and understood the real risks of sending cash to a fly-by-night outfit for a prototype money-making machine.  Surely I should thank you, PG, and countless others for that.
3. I didn't cancel my order, only to later discover BFL actually did have said money-making machines to ship.

I'm incredulously surprised anything functional is coming out of BFL, with such clinically dysfunctional executives. In my book, this was an unlikely outcome.  So pardon me if I choose to stay out of the belligerent crowd, I have my reasons and respect the right of others to blow steam when they have lots more riding on this than me.

I am bothered by those that cling onto and waste their emotional sanity over statements that carry no standing, don't make legal sense, or were physically impossible to accomplish.

If BFL executives decided to give themselves fat retirement accounts and siphon funds into fake contracts, they can shut doors, claim bankruptcy, and not even leave their homes.  Welcome to the USofA, where entrepreneurs (spineless or not) are cherished and protected...just in case, someday, they may become Steve Jobs or even presidential material.

Help me troubleshoot my BTC address.
Send some coins here: 1FkQS1RuEmSppCPdGPVGHtc4aj2nBiHAYF
If I don't return your test transfer, it must be having issues still.
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:40:28 PM

That is just BFL's reality distortion field a la Steve Jobs.

My order is not shipping. Someone elses order is shipping from June 2012. My order is now per commercial rules and definitions a FUCKING BACKORDER.
Gimme my monies back scammers.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:37:44 PM

My order is not shipping. Someone elses order is shipping from June 2012. My order is now per commercial rules and definitions a FUCKING BACKORDER.

Just for the record, Steve Jobs delivered on time.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:54:47 PM

Hey YipYip,

I'm no BFL lover. I'm a customer that has orders in the endless BFL backlog.  My view, and I believe I've seen BFL posters say so on the BFL forum, is that all "pre-orders" became orders when shipments started.  I think it's safe to assume whatever lock-box they may have had was legally cracked wide open.

I'm not frenetic with anger because:
1. I didn't send BFL thousands of dollars for effen minirigs, and certainly not to the point that I'd turn into an a-hole if I didn't get product on time.
2. I placed my orders later this year, had the benefit of reading this site, and understood the real risks of sending cash to a fly-by-night outfit for a prototype money-making machine.  Surely I should thank you, PG, and countless others for that.
3. I didn't cancel my order, only to later discover BFL actually did have said money-making machines to ship.

I'm incredulously surprised anything functional is coming out of BFL, with such clinically dysfunctional executives. In my book, this was an unlikely outcome.  So pardon me if I choose to stay out of the belligerent crowd, I have my reasons and respect the right of others to blow steam when they have lots more riding on this than me.

I am bothered by those that cling onto and waste their emotional sanity over statements that carry no standing, don't make legal sense, or were physically impossible to accomplish.

If BFL executives decided to give themselves fat retirement accounts and siphon funds into fake contracts, they can shut doors, claim bankruptcy, and not even leave their homes.  Welcome to the USofA, where entrepreneurs (spineless or not) are cherished and protected...just in case, someday, they may become Steve Jobs or even presidential material.

At least we agree on a large part of "what is" ...cool

Just remember a lot of us have been here watching this never ending tale for a long long time Sad

Also some of the sock puppets and there have been many from BFL have been abosolutely batshit crazy with trying to get the SPIN over the line.... Whatever their motivation

Hopefully with the new players there will be a lvl of professionalism to our community and BFL will disaapear into the void...

We can only hope  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:10:04 PM

When the first iPad was launched, they took pre-orders via the online Apple store several weeks before the launch date, when the date came around a courier turned up at my door 10am that day with the iPad, he said he felt like Santa with all the smiles he got. That's what I call a pre-order!
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:44:27 PM

"Why wait so long to double staff: Our staff makes what we get everyday. If they build all they get everyday, doubling the staff is pointless. Now that more boards are coming daily we can build more each day with more people."

Ok at least we got one new bit of data, they are dealing with supply chain issues everyday, they run out of stuff daily. So currently they are out of some part to build Jalapenos and Singles if you believe Jody

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/267-saturday-miscellaneous-answers.html#comment6566

@BFL_Jody : "Some say we have shipped very few products: If you complain that we ship little and that the difficulty is rising rapidly, you just don't understand how this whole BTC thing works."

Your arrogance towards your customers is absolutely unheard of, your lack of empathy for the people that are responsible for keeping you employed is palpable.
I'm done being treated this way.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/267-saturday-miscellaneous-answers.html#comment6570

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:46:31 PM

When the first iPad was launched, they took pre-orders via the online Apple store several weeks before the launch date, when the date came around a courier turned up at my door 10am that day with the iPad, he said he felt like Santa with all the smiles he got. That's what I call a pre-order!

iPad WiFi pre-orders were 3 weeks in advance. iPad 3G were 6 weeks in advance. Your credit card was authorized, but not charged until Apple shipped your device.
iPad 2 had no pre-orders.
iPad mini had 1 week pre-orders.

But yes, that was a pre-order. Kudos to Apple.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:20:34 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 12:19:49 AM by YipYip

iPad WiFi pre-orders were 3 weeks in advance. iPad 3G were 6 weeks in advance. Your credit card was authorized, but not charged until Apple shipped your device.
iPad 2 had no pre-orders.
iPad mini had 1 week pre-orders.

But yes, that was a pre-order. Kudos to Apple.

PRE-crypto &BFL

That is what a pre-order was ......2-4 weeks MAX !!!!

BFL have killed this phrase for me forever ...we should contact the grammar police and report a definition crime against humanity !!!

I am sure I am not the only victim in this heinous act against all....BFL are in effect serial grammar definition killers !!!

the body count continues....these are the current victims that have been taken out and counting Sad

1) Pre-order
2) Customer
3) Shipping cost
4) Investor
5) All sales are final ! ...its not a sale until delivery !!
6) we are shipping ...WTF is that supposed to mean...previously if your parcel had left the amazon distrabution center this was the case .... up until that point you could cancel\refund your purchase
7) customer service ...."stop asking me fucking questions otherwise i will cancel your order "

and my personal favourite

8 ) Public relations..........the  delivery platform from the JOSH and JODY show have re-written the book on how to handle the public presence of an organisation.... NIKE should hire them immediately

..."stop crying as you are all arseholes.....Josh

....u have no idea how this all works i am not going to give u facts but just random dates that i keep repeating ,so shutup and did i tell u about my jewelry I am selling....Jody"

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 11:24:04 PM

Ergo, nary a pre-order satoshi was spent prior to the pseudo-shipping of the Luke Unit, whereupon every last satoshi was immediately at BFL's disposal to do with such as they may, with the exception of obtaining readily available PSUs of which somehow BFL ran short of, although on December 14, 2012, Josh claimed that the warehouse was full of all parts needed to assemble the current backorders at the time. Yet, I even shown that that statement wasn't even true, for a shipment of PSUs from China was shipped to Sonny Vleisides' Walnut Street address.

I'm not a detective, but imagine what a detective would reveal if they were privy to do such during their current investigation of BF Labs Inc. (Butterfly Labs).

Morning, Jody. Anything new besides the calls I'm ignoring from PayPal, the FTC, FCC, NSA, CIA, FBI, them monumental assholes at BitcoinTalk, or that hooker I picked up in NYC?

Nope! But Josh wants to thank you for the practice balloons you sent him...

POP!

I love that sound! Now, if you excuse me...
erk

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:27:03 AM

BFL_Jody
Saturday Miscellaneous Answers
by
BFL_Jody
08-04-2013 at 01:08 AM (4067 Views)

Difference between products: The Jalapeno and the 5gh/s Miner are the same at this point. Those who ordered the Jally are guaranteed 4.5 gh/s + or - 10%. Those ordering the 5 gh/s Miner are guaranteed 5 gh/s + or - 10%. They ship 1-4 per box. The original case and power consumption was supposed to be smaller, so the price we originally charged was lower. With the new parameters, they cost more to make and ship.

Why wait so long to double staff: Our staff makes what we get everyday. If they build all they get everyday, doubling the staff is pointless. Now that more boards are coming daily we can build more each day with more people.

Why I don't tell you when you will get your product: I don't make predictions on this blog, because I don't know. When someone here does make a prediction it can be wildly off and then you are angry. We started by telling people when we thought the whole product line would be shipping and everything we thought changed in many ways. If I say I will arrive at work in 20 minutes and then there is an accident on the highway, I run out of gas, the passenger in my car chokes, there is a detour, my car stops running, etc. I may not make it in 20 minutes. We mapped out a plan to create an ASIC product, but having never driven that road before we did not anticipate the things that happened along the way. I do see that we are shipping more and more units everyday as the Production Manager irons out the kinks in our supply chain, but we have hiccups along the way. We depend on overseas manufacturers of parts, carriers that deliver to us (and to you), board manufacturers and many others. We have some parts air-freighted to us while the rest are coming by boat. Since we had to re-vamp our entire product line there are some parts that changed and in various stages of shipment. Recently, one key part was supposed to come in a box of 100. The box broke in shipment and FedEx delivered a broken box with only 20 parts in it. I appreciate all the posts telling us how to multi-source parts arriving at different times and that is what we are doing. The back-picture here looks very different from what you speculate is happening. And no manufacturer goes online to tell their customers about every detail of their production process.

Luxury of having our customers pay in advance: The customer decides whether he will take the offer of paying in advance and getting in line or not buying the product at all. If you don't want to pay up front and assume part of the risk of the production of the product, don't order from us. We have always stated that all sales were final unless we fail to make any product.

Some say we have shipped very few products: If you complain that we ship little and that the difficulty is rising rapidly, you just don't understand how this whole BTC thing works.

I know I haven't answered all your questions, but these are the ones I can answer right now.

I do like the bit about shipping little, but the difficulty is rising rapidly. Kind of a contradiction.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:28:54 AM

I wonder how much of the new hash power is Avalon vs BFL vs AsicMiner. And with Bitfury almost here...
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:37:44 AM

quote:

"The thing that really seems like a slap in the face, dishonest and down right deceitful is that all of the products you can order today say "delivery may take 2 months or more after order"... Ok I know it says "or more" but you really might as way say delivery will take two days or more, it's the same difference. That statement implies that there is some belief that orders placed now would ship in two months give or take, when there is no indication of that.... in fact Jody states here that she does not know, yet it still says two months or more on the product page. Someone going to the order page for the first time (now or months ago, as this phrase has been on the order page for I don't know how long, over two months now to be sure) reading that statement without going here first would think hey, a few months isn't that bad. Greed and dishonesty by BFL, plain and simple.

SO when it comes right down to it, BFL is ok with lying to people, or at the least being very misleading. As an extension of that, I really don't see any point in listening to any of these updates as I wouldn't put any more stock in them, we have seen repeated claims that units will be delivered by x only for those estimates to be missed without any credible explanation... so while people ask for numbers of units shipped and more details, I'm thinking what is the point, they will just lie to you.

So either a lie or no information... which is better?"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/267-saturday-miscellaneous-answers-page5.html#comment6680

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
dominicus

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:15:49 AM

Yep...they should really update the product listings.  How's this?

BFL Bitcoin Appliances

Shipment in 6+ months
Original retro design
100% guaranteed to promote bitcoin network health
Best when plugged to free sources of power

bitdig

Activity: 208
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:09:56 AM

Just got an email from BFL, asking if I want to order one of their unit (I sent them an email few months ago with some question regarding shipping, without placing an order), here it is:

>We have a couple options for you, you can purchase the ASIC chips or ASIC miners themselves on our website.  Please checkout our products page for more information:
https://products.butterflylabs.com/

>hi, aren't you still having very long waiting time?

>Yes. we started shipping April 24 and are now shipping all product lines. You can follow shipping progress here:
For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:55:39 AM

Just got an email from BFL, asking if I want to order one of their unit (I sent them an email few months ago with some question regarding shipping, without placing an order), here it is:

>We have a couple options for you, you can purchase the ASIC chips or ASIC miners themselves on our website.  Please checkout our products page for more information:

>Yes. we started shipping April 24 and are now shipping all product lines. You can follow shipping progress here:
For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

BFL appears to have:
Stopped "firing customers" (not sure which retard thought this was a good long term business model anyways LOL), started refusing refunds, possible supply chain problems, started sending emails asking people to buy their product, a lot more refund requests.

These all appear to be a direct 180 of the things that BFL has done in the last 9-14 months. I wonder why they have done such a stark about face recently, could it be that pre-orders and money are starting to dry up?   
dominicus

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:10:28 PM

BFL appears to have:
Stopped "firing customers" (not sure which retard thought this was a good long term business model anyways LOL), started refusing refunds, possible supply chain problems, started sending emails asking people to buy their product, a lot more refund requests.

These all appear to be a direct 180 of the things that BFL has done in the last 9-14 months. I wonder why they have done such a stark about face recently, could it be that pre-orders and money are starting to dry up?   

They may be prepping the market for a new ASIC release.  I don't think their order influx, however severely impaired by their past incompetence, has totally dried up.  For every GHps in Erupters sold, BFL must still be selling 7x as many.

They'd be well advised to forgo any product announcements until they can ship at least one product with new technology.

scambutterflylabs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:09:20 AM

quote BFL_Jody

"Monday, August 5, 2012 Shipping Update

Jalapenos: None shipped; still at Nov. 14, 2012

Little Singles: Now shipping August 2, 2012

Singles: Still shipping June 26 (a couple of LARGE orders left to ship)

MiniRigs: Quite a few MiniRigs shipped. They are shipped 500 Gh/s at a time, so each order ships 1/3 of a full Rig each time. All June Orders have been shipped at least one Rig per order. Now starting 1st Rig of July orders and 2nd Rig of June Orders. If you don't have a MiniRig order just ignore this conversation.

Thanks for all your posts to the Saturday Marathon. I need to close comments for awhile so I can concentrate on shipping. I do read all your comments, though. who was that masked man BCP19?"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/270-monday-august-5-2012-shipping-update.html

erk

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:14:32 AM

If all the June Minirig orders have received at least one 500GH/s unit, that's quite a few TH/s added to the net already.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:57:26 AM

TH/s is exploding.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:58:18 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 01:29:21 PM by Xian01

TH/s is exploding.

Yeah, gut is telling me the Bitfury mines are powering up.

EDIT: ...and if you are into conspiracy theories, I came across this link here on the forums yesterday :: http://bflfraud.com/

<tinfoilhat>
"Joe told me that this was not the first Minirig which had gone out the back door because he had done this sort of display setup around thirty times and had even brokered one or two on ebay. He also told me that within an hour of my departure from the Tracy Street location the Minirig would be moved to a “secret” location which would be the third location owned by J.Morgan"
</tinfoilhat>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: