Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:18:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant-B  (Read 40581 times)
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:27:27 PM

What Fan setting do you guys use? 50%?
Probably depends on the ambient temp and other operating settings and also seems like the protocol its processing would affect heat alot along with the power.

i think it will happen like with the x10 - till we get it is not really profitable anymore.
atm lybr would give about 490$/day.
Sounds good depending on the daily average power usage over hashrate, uptime and the going price for these actually delivered.   I would also only order on a credit card in case of 'delays'  pays to be paranoid

Well you can let the X10 run at 20-50% fan without any problems depending on the algorythm (if you´re not mining X11)... so I guess there is a "sweet spot" for the B too ?!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thedue

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:53:52 AM

What Fan setting do you guys use? 50%?
Probably depends on the ambient temp and other operating settings and also seems like the protocol its processing would affect heat alot along with the power.

i think it will happen like with the x10 - till we get it is not really profitable anymore.
atm lybr would give about 490$/day.
Sounds good depending on the daily average power usage over hashrate, uptime and the going price for these actually delivered.   I would also only order on a credit card in case of 'delays'  pays to be paranoid

Well you can let the X10 run at 20-50% fan without any problems depending on the algorythm (if you´re not mining X11)... so I guess there is a "sweet spot" for the B too ?!  Wink

Talked to Baikal Support... max 40 Degree is a safe working temperature... that should be possible with fan at 60% or less.
Ma907xB

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:51:12 PM

I've currently bought 2 at the buy 1 get 2 rate. I would like to buy potentially 4 or 6 more, but I'm unsure if thats the right decision.

It seems fairly obvious that the only value in this miner is with LBRY and PASCAL. Do you think there could be a competitor coming out with a LBRY or PASCAL asic that would brick this machine?

TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:54:14 PM

I've currently bought 2 at the buy 1 get 2 rate. I would like to buy potentially 4 or 6 more, but I'm unsure if thats the right decision.

It seems fairly obvious that the only value in this miner is with LBRY and PASCAL. Do you think there could be a competitor coming out with a LBRY or PASCAL asic that would brick this machine?

Nobody has a crystal ball. It’s all a gamble.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:06:30 PM

Nobody knows about new ASICs for these algos, there's been no announcements and recently new miners just pop up out of nowhere. The best advice I can give you is don't put all your eggs in one basket. Profitability changes with the wind with coins like LBRY or Pascal.
NoFR8

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:43:18 AM

Hi. On my Giant B, I did a SD card reset (it was freezing more frequently recently). When I turned it back on, the red LEDs are solid, and the blue LEDs don't light. I can connect to the GUI and I have the "no devices running" banner. I realized that I plugged the orange pi incorrectly. I offset it forward (away from the heat sink) by one pin. I reset it correctly, but red on, blue off persists.

I read the post about "STM Device in DFU Mode" and thought I hit paydirt, but "lsusb | grep 0483" returned "Bus 007 Device 003: ID 0483:5740 STMicroelectronics STM32F407"

I traded the OPI/controller with my X10 and the X10 still works.

I got nowhere with Baikal support.

Can anyone help, or have I killed the B?

I am still stumped by this. Can anyone else help? Is there a better place to post this question?
Dudukian

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:53:07 AM

[/quote]

Talked to Baikal Support... max 40 Degree is a safe working temperature... that should be possible with fan at 60% or less.
[/quote]

On their website , they state operating temp is 0-40 C.   Do they mean the room temperature or the miner ?

40C seems very low for the max of the miner.     My GPU's run 40-78C . 
thedue

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:36:11 AM

[/quote]

On their website , they state operating temp is 0-40 C.   Do they mean the room temperature or the miner ?

40C seems very low for the max of the miner.     My GPU's run 40-78C .  
[/quote]

Chip Temp!

But as I guess... X10 and the old products are able to run much hotter.. so this is just a statement to be on the safe side maybe.
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:44:44 AM

On their website , they state operating temp is 0-40 C.   Do they mean the room temperature or the miner ?

[/quote]

Chip Temp!

But as I guess... X10 and the old products are able to run much hotter.. so this is just a statement to be on the safe side maybe.
[/quote]

I think by ambient, baikal means means room temperature. Also, if you check baikal monitor software, there is an overheat protections set to 55 C degress if i am not mistaken.

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
Dudukian

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:13:54 AM

Chip Temp!

I think by ambient, baikal means means room temperature. Also, if you check baikal monitor software, there is an overheat protections set to 55 C degress if i am not mistaken.
[/quote]

I chatted o Baikal Support on this today, he confirm that 0-40c is device temperature show on Baikal interface. I told him it is impossible for me below 40c when I mine Lbry. I ask him if he knew any clients run more than 50c and still running fine. His replied is that he knew clients running fine at 50+ but better don't run more than 60c.

I would assume this giant b should be ok to run 50+ but below 60c.
[/quote]

I think something got lost in translation.    Could the chip run properly at zero degrees Celsius ?   Mine have been running 29-46 C . 
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:10:48 PM

Chip Temp!

I chatted o Baikal Support on this today, he confirm that 0-40c is device temperature show on Baikal interface. I told him it is impossible for me below 40c when I mine Lbry. I ask him if he knew any clients run more than 50c and still running fine. His replied is that he knew clients running fine at 50+ but better don't run more than 60c.

I would assume this giant b should be ok to run 50+ but below 60c.
[/quote]

I think something got lost in translation.    Could the chip run properly at zero degrees Celsius ?   Mine have been running 29-46 C .  
[/quote]

Indeed. 0 - 40 C is a room temperature for sure. My chips are appr. 40 C and pi zero 50 - 55 C for several months without any problem.

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:20:41 PM

Could the chip run properly at zero degrees Celsius ?   Mine have been running 29-46 C .  

I had some Baikals X10 running some cold winter days at -1C room temperature without any problems.

Edit.:  I mean the chip temperature showed -1C.
TGJ

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:14:43 PM

Can anyone confirm if their Giant B ever auto-switches to Library while on Nicehash? Mine definitely do not.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:53:53 AM

Can anyone confirm if their Giant B ever auto-switches to Library while on Nicehash? Mine definitely do not.

Mine doesn't as well.  I have switch to CoinMine.PL from NiceHash to mine on just Library.

set the following:

scan-time 0
no-submit-stale true
enable-nicehashsma: true
extranonce true

In my case, currently on Nicehash on LBRY, sometimes it goes to DCR, but mostly stays in LBRY.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Dudukian

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:50:03 AM

Mine doesn't as well.  I have switch to CoinMine.PL from NiceHash to mine on just Library.

set the following:

scan-time 0
no-submit-stale true
extranonce true

In my case, currently on Nicehash on LBRY, sometimes it goes to DCR, but mostly stays in LBRY.

My Giant B does auto-switch to LBRY while on Nicehash using the same settings posted here.

Is nicehash paying better ?  Mine are paying about 47 coins LBC per day on supernova pool.   (About $15.00)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:59:19 AM

set the following:

scan-time 0
no-submit-stale true
extranonce true

My Giant B does auto-switch to LBRY while on Nicehash using the same settings posted here.

Is nicehash paying better ?  Mine are paying about 47 coins LBC per day on supernova pool.   (About $15.00)

2 ways to look at this:

1. Sell hash at NH and get BTC up front

OR

2. Accumulate LBC coins into wallet or exchange

During a bull run just around the corner, it will be wise to have a bag of BTCs

This strategy may be good for many and some may disagree...

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Dudukian

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

[/quote]

2 ways to look at this:

OR

[/quote]

I understand that .  However , is it currently paying better on the Giant on NiceHash ?      At times I would run Nicehash on my gpu rigs at it was good . Later after they got hacked it seems like the auctions were paying below market .   I have seven B's running on SuperNova LBRY and I manually sell 300 coins a day or 600 in two . 
TGJ

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:22:06 PM

2 ways to look at this:

OR

[/quote]

I understand that .  However , is it currently paying better on the Giant on NiceHash ?      At times I would run Nicehash on my gpu rigs at it was good . Later after they got hacked it seems like the auctions were paying below market .   I have seven B's running on SuperNova LBRY and I manually sell 300 coins a day or 600 in two . 
[/quote]Nicehash is about the same, some days a bit better some days a bit worse.
Dudukian

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:43:32 PM

2 ways to look at this:

OR

[/quote]Nicehash is about the same, some days a bit better some days a bit worse.
[/quote]

I am happy with Supernova so I'll keep them there .    It seems more stable than Nicehash that would occasionally run amuck .
Dudukian

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:59:03 AM

I tried on NiceHash and their reported hashrate always lower on my Giant B, therefor also under pay.  I am on CoinMine.pl for just few days and seems like daily is getting around 42 coins.  I am thinking to try out Suprnova since you manage to get 47.  

May I know are you using highdiff port lbry.suprnova.cc:6257  ?  What is your setting for d=xx in the password field?

[/quote]

I am using :   stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6257 .   I just put a single x.      I just checked the actual payouts .  They have been averaging 1.92 coins per hour .  About 46 coins per day .  My machines are reporting 42.4 Gh/s.   I now have most on 240v , but don't think that would matter much.  Its pretty exciting and much less headache than the GPU miners. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: