Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eMunie  (Read 6560 times)
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:59:18 PM

Funny how some individuals here try to undermine emunie, because they know it's such an evolved system from Bitcoin, that once it's open source (which means a grown beast that can tackle hunting on its own, not just baby needing nurture) it will blow every single crypto currency currently in existence out of the radar.

I bet while these trolls moan and whine here, the same time they are probably lurking around emunie forum under different usernames... pathetic.

Are you saying the only reason anyone would criticize this is because they're scared of how good it is?

lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:03:57 PM

Funny how some individuals here try to undermine emunie, because they know it's such an evolved system from Bitcoin, that once it's open source (which means a grown beast that can tackle hunting on its own, not just baby needing nurture) it will blow every single crypto currency currently in existence out of the radar.

I bet while these trolls moan and whine here, the same time they are probably lurking around emunie forum under different usernames... pathetic.

Are you saying the only reason anyone would criticize this is because they're scared of how good it is?

lol

My momma always said that the only reason people make fun of me is because they're jealous.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
eCoinomist

Activity: 112

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 03:04:59 PM

lol

They are trying to protect their "precious" stash of BTC/LTC, because when emunie succeeds, Bitcoin will be history.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 03:37:31 PM

He never said eMunie was going to compete with banks or PayPal. He is saying those are closed source systems but you use them.

We use them because they're part of the existing financial system. I can pay my bills straight from my bank. It's easy to explain my bank account on my taxes. Everyone accepts Paypal.

Bitcoin (and altcoins) aren't part of the existing financial system. (If I ever make big profits in Bitcoin, I dread figuring out how I'm supposed to list it on my taxes.) But I still bother with Bitcoin because it's a truly decentralized solution that no one is in control of. There's no chance of some company changing their terms of service and closing my account. There's no chance someone is going to suddenly change the minting rate and make mine worthless. There's no chance that my funds will be seized by mistake, or a system error on a bank's part out of my control leaves me unable to access it for a while. There isn't going to be a buggy mandatory Bitcoin update ever.

If you make a new altcoin without the decentralized part, why should anyone bother? There are already many solutions like banks and Paypal that aren't decentralized and are already extremely well integrated with the existing financial frameworks.

So im a developer who has a great improvement for bitcoin, i am able to take the source code add in my improvement and then release it for people to start using?

I'm not in this argument either way , but yes technically you can , and if more people use your client than the existing client I understand that you will fork the blockchain no ?   Has this not happened many times ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:54:31 PM

But what if i dont want to fork it?  Can't i just make a change to the current code without forking it? Is there a procedure i have to follow to do this?
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

Let's s take as look at the current "coins" out there: 

Bitcoin -
   Unstable price - not good for average joe or merchants
.   Special hardware to mine it so only a small percentage of people are able to take part in the creation of it.
    Transaction times are way to slow - useless for pos

Other alt-coins

If it can be 51% attacked - useless
   Double spend - useless
.  Transactions longer then 30 sec - useless

Have any of these coins been stressed test to see how they would perform under heavyload?

eMunie is trying to solve these problems,  so if u want to shit on it because for right now it's not open source then stick with you coins that have no future.
AgentME

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:05:40 PM

Let's s take as look at the current "coins" out there: 

Bitcoin -
.   Special hardware to mine it so only a small percentage of people are able to take part in the creation of it.

Other alt-coins

If it can be 51% attacked - useless
   Double spend - useless
.  Transactions longer then 30 sec - useless

Have any of these coins been stressed test to see how they would perform under heavyload?

eMunie is trying to solve these problems,  so if u want to shit on it because for right now it's not open source then stick with you coins that have no future.

Paypal solves those issues too.
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:13:29 PM

If you want to compete against bitcoin, one thing is clear, without investors you have no long-term chance at economic success.  Silicon Valley and even Wall Street are taking note of bitcoin, which has drawn prominent investors like the Winklevoss twin.
Etlase2

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:06:55 PM

Paypal solves those issues too.

Cheesy

eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 06:42:13 PM

Paypal =:
1 - not decentralised
2 - hefty fees
3 - exchange fees
4 - requires a credit card
5 - no interest rates
6 - requires a bank
7 - not secure (relies too much on email)

Visin

Activity: 436

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:34:41 AM

My favorite part about this entire discussion, is that some feel that they actually have legitimate excuses >.>

If you only knew a bit of the developers behind eMunie, you would have a little faith Wink
Regardless, I forget, but do we win something if we 'convince' naysayers? All I have been rewarded with from beating the naysayers is pride in knowing that they cannot do any better lol.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
AgentME

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:05:02 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 02:26:40 AM by AgentME

My favorite part about this entire discussion, is that some feel that they actually have legitimate excuses >.>

If you only knew a bit of the developers behind eMunie, you would have a little faith Wink
Regardless, I forget, but do we win something if we 'convince' naysayers? All I have been rewarded with from beating the naysayers is pride in knowing that they cannot do any better lol.

If you can't figure out what will make us happy when we complain it's not even open source, then I'm not sure there's any hope for you.
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:06:21 AM

Yes, you wil adoption and support from the cryptocurrency community.  But hey, you can go trade your emunie coins among the 30 people on your forum and see what traction you get with that.
eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 02:31:45 AM

If you can't figure out what will make us happy when we complain it's not even open source, then I'm not sure there's any hope for you.

I know what will make most kids here happy WITHOUT EVER GOING OPEN SOURCE - give them some good stash of eMunie at the start and let them earn ridiculous 1,000% interest rate per month without doing any work Wink

JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:49:51 AM

The Dev behind eMunie can easily raise VC for anything he needs given his ast experience and successes
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:59:39 AM

If you want to compete against bitcoin, one thing is clear, without investors you have no long-term chance at economic success.  Silicon Valley and even Wall Street are taking note of bitcoin, which has drawn prominent investors like the Winklevoss twin.

This is why bitcoin and the general state of crypto's has failed. It's no longer about changing the world but profit and greed. By striving to replace the banksters and cheats, bitcoin and the cryptos have supplanted the said evil we all set out to fight.

To the haters, you should come by and see what we have going on. If you are so passionate about open source and what cryptos are supposed to be about, you should at least give us a chance. You may even present a good conversation that can change the process! At the very least with hands on experience and the facts from our own forums, you could if nothing else make a stronger argument on why us b00bs should wither up and die.

If you turn a blind eye to everything that does not fit your perfect mold, the struggle for true financial independence for all of mankind will progress no further than your bloated troll count or the bragging right ban duration from some random troll box. The world is going to shit real damn quick and this scene needs to get its pompous head out of its ass and start making real progress towards change instead the current game of blood lust of greed. We can all call out scam coin bull shit, but you need to at least look further into projects that show promise and or innovation before painting them with broad strokes of troll.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Etlase2

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:50:16 AM

This is why bitcoin and the general state of crypto's has failed. It's no longer about changing the world but profit and greed. By striving to replace the banksters and cheats, bitcoin and the cryptos have supplanted the said evil we all set out to fight.

To the haters, you should come by and see what we have going on. If you are so passionate about open source and what cryptos are supposed to be about, you should at least give us a chance. You may even present a good conversation that can change the process! At the very least with hands on experience and the facts from our own forums, you could if nothing else make a stronger argument on why us b00bs should wither up and die.

give them some good stash of eMunie at the start and let them earn ridiculous 1,000% interest rate per month without doing any work Wink

PS - I have yet to receive one satisfactory answer to any question by anyone that matters. I am willing to poke holes, but if the policy is to keep the wool drawn, what the heck is there to learn or discuss? So far all there is is some technobabble-disguised bullshit that fools less technically inclined people. I don't buy it.

JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:25:11 AM

give them some good stash of eMunie at the start and let them earn ridiculous 1,000% interest rate per month without doing any work Wink

PS - I have yet to receive one satisfactory answer to any question by anyone that matters. I am willing to poke holes, but if the policy is to keep the wool drawn, what the heck is there to learn or discuss? So far all there is is some technobabble-disguised bullshit that fools less technically inclined people. I don't buy it.

It's closed source because WE the beta testers pushed fuserleer to keep it closed source in the beginning to keep other copy cat coins away. Eventually the code will be released slowly, until it's all open source.

Again Greed is playing as mentioned above, people want it to be open source so they can come clone it and release 1000 copies everyday of emunie.
Etlase2

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:32:36 AM

Oh please. Roll Eyes Besides, I don't know why you're responding to my post as it had nothing to do with the sourceness of emunie, just the fact that fuserleer is probably full of shit. I don't believe emunie has a proper system for preventing double spending, and I believe it is totally unscalable if any of the silly ideas that ecoinomist talks about are implemented. But I can't really be sure since no one who actually knows stuff wants to discuss anything. This does not, believe it or not, require releasing the source code.

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:34:17 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 06:04:50 AM by Anduck

Would you really put your life savings in a currency called eMunie? Or 500 dollars?

Bitcoin -
.   Special hardware to mine it so only a small percentage of people are able to take part in the creation of it.

You can use Bitcoin only as the middle currency, i.e. USD<->BTC<->USD. This way USD/BTC rate doesn't matter. Also the price will most likely get more stable. You can buy a capable miner for 100 USD to mine BTC.
I think all new cryptocurrencies (btc+altcoins) have unstable price. And Bitcoin is the oldest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: