Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:23:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are they afraid of bitcoin?  (Read 2627 times)
Monkeydluffy001

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:39:53 PM

Why are u think that they afraid?
Maybe they all have mining farms in their gardens...

I think the reason why most of people afraid of bitcoin simply because they don't know what bitcoin really is, they afraid that this bitcoin is all joke only, thinking that it might be a fraud to their investment. Money is everything in this world, they want to secure it and wanta to know how could they get it. That's people mantra about believing into something. To see is to believe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sky ChuRcH

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:43:04 PM

Every student of the political economy who understands the style of the work of the technique of Blockchain and Bitcoin BTC will be absolutely sure that the next alternative to the classical system is the digital currencies, which by their characteristics (speed - privacy - lack of costs - decentralization of the system ...) The foundations of political economy in all its schools, from Aristotle and Ibn Khaldun to Marx, Adam Smith and Keynes and finally with Friedman. These scholars, who laid the foundations of economic thought through money supply, can control the economy of countries and their economic policy.
In my opinion, Noble In the economy of this great invention that will change humanity and will throw our lives upside down in so-called Internet value ..........

I think why they afraid of bitcoin because they think that the bitcoin is a scam or just for fun only, But their knowledge about bitcoin is contrary of the true about bitcoin. I want to spread my knowledge about bitcoin because I don't want to hear some people talking about bitcoin that is contrary about the bitcoin.

i think some are afraid because of the volatility of bitcoin , but they dont know this is one of the best trait of cryptocurrencies ,This what makes investors go for bitcoin and altcoins
cryptoquality

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:48:30 PM

I think the reason why most of people afraid of bitcoin simply because they don't know what bitcoin really is, they afraid that this bitcoin is all joke only, thinking that it might be a fraud to their investment. Money is everything in this world, they want to secure it and wanta to know how could they get it. That's people mantra about believing into something. To see is to believe.

You might be right. Most of the time the reason is ignorance. There can actually be two possible reason. First one they may not know exactly what bitcoin is and second reason is they can be very conservative financially which literally means they may not like investing at all.
S.Sandberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

Found my post helpful ? click "merit" please ;)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:44:28 PM

governments are afraid of bitcoin for multiple reasons...

the first one being an obvious waste of money. ( huge tax evasion ).
 the second one is the lack of control on people. fiat sanctions are avoided, people can benefit of parallel market. that is absolutely illegal. no matter you pay taxes when you cash out or not.

paying bitcoin against stuff whatsoever IS illegal.

the third one is the risk of investments.

and 4th is the government will basically loose power from their own lack of money.

so when the chinese chairman of china's central bank says bitcoin will die, he may  be right. at least from a chinese point of view.

this forum is so full of naive "freedom" people. living on a cloud.  i like bitcoin for sure.

but remember how strong was the falungong sect in China under Deng Xiaopin era ? there 100+ millions members.
then govs decided to make sure the sect disappear ever again. next year there were only a few thousands falungong members.

you think bitcoin is immortal ? think again.

you can't kill gold. but government can make it illegal anyway. and what will you do ? nothing.

sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:23:34 PM

Maybe they are afraid that they might be scammed. And mostly, what we see in the internet that talks about money is we also have to give money first in order to earn money. Also there are a lot of negative stories about bitcoin.

I think they are afraid to get scammed from bitcoin because they don't want to learn about bitcoin. but I don't think that they are afraid to invest their money if they can get a profit. like what above me said, there are too many bad news about bitcoin and people still don't believe in bitcoin so they will tell other people to stay away from bitcoin. but the truth is if they want to know and learn bitcoin for just a little thing, they can know that bitcoin is something different than any of investment that they know and bitcoin can give them a real profit.
Exactly. They we're afraid that bitcoin is just a fraud or scam. That they we're only being used. I was heard someone before said that bitcoin is a scam and its not totally true that bitcoin gaves as a profit without something in return. What he totally mean is all the bitcoin users have to give or hand over something (money). Thats what he think about bitcoin. I just smiled even though I want to contradict everything he believed about bitcoin but I guess It will only lead to a long debate.lol. Anyway its not my lose. People with negative thinking definitely attracts negative results.
xyrill

Activity: 50

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

Every student of the political economy who understands the style of the work of the technique of Blockchain and Bitcoin BTC will be absolutely sure that the next alternative to the classical system is the digital currencies, which by their characteristics (speed - privacy - lack of costs - decentralization of the system ...) The foundations of political economy in all its schools, from Aristotle and Ibn Khaldun to Marx, Adam Smith and Keynes and finally with Friedman. These scholars, who laid the foundations of economic thought through money supply, can control the economy of countries and their economic policy.
In my opinion, Noble In the economy of this great invention that will change humanity and will throw our lives upside down in so-called Internet value ..........

[/quote
because they think bitcoin a scam or they think is bitcoin is a fraud but for sure they will understand it when they try bitcoin they will understand how bitcoin works or why they need to judge bitcoin they need to learn first so they dont need to afraid or scared about bitcoin can change their lives

World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5M Raised During pre-ICO
☰ BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol  (http://bit.ly/2xAe9w3)
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:40:50 PM

This possibility is likely
But Mr Bitcoin BTC  frightens     Shocked corrupt politicians and corrupt businessmen because
BTC will redistribute the wealth of the world again   Grin
Its not only the corrupt government officials and corrupt business men are frightened but also banks. Banks are alarmed now and they do all their best to go hand in hand with governments to destroy the image of bitcoin. In my place they even publicize a memo that states numbers of disavangtages and danger in holding and investing in bitcoin.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:47:43 PM

many of us is afraid maybe they think this scam o crime
Sadnu

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:49:56 PM

So maybe they fear bitcoin because they do not want to scam or lose their money. Bitcoin heralds a new age more disruptive than that of today’s Internet. Disruption can be a good thing, especially when it affects banking, a failing set of business models which, for all the tweaks, have been virtually unchanged for millennia. Paradoxically, some banks are afraid of Bitcoin because it would force them to innovate.
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:54:23 PM

People usually are afraid of the unknown and bitcoin is still very shady to lots of people's knowledge if not unknown at all since there's roughly 10% of the world population that has acknowledged the existence of the blockchain technology and it's issued cryptos , and that's not really a high figure if compared to the world population internet access rates . People need to gather knowledge about cryptocurrencies and know what advantages and drawbacks this new ideology provides in order to make their minds about either investing themselves in it or not .
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:02:53 PM

People usually are afraid of the unknown and bitcoin is still very shady to lots of people's knowledge if not unknown at all since there's roughly 10% of the world population that has acknowledged the existence of the blockchain technology and it's issued cryptos , and that's not really a high figure if compared to the world population internet access rates . People need to gather knowledge about cryptocurrencies and know what advantages and drawbacks this new ideology provides in order to make their minds about either investing themselves in it or not .
Yes I agree with you, the lack of socialization and still many people in the world who have not been able to learn and open insights about bitcoin is one of the obstacles that they fear ... internet, there are still many people who have not been able to learn and use the internet, let alone to open the horizon they are about bitcoin and blockchain technology, I think it takes a long time for the world community to understand about cryptocurrency. we are one of those people who are lucky to learn and earn income through cryptocurrency... Grin
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:03:24 PM

There are many rumours in the surroundings and they are lacking in the proper knowledge. People thinks that invest in the bitcoins may be a scam or they will loose all  money if they will gonna invest in crypto. And there are many news against bitcoins in media. So they create a hurdle.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:42:37 PM

Alright; First, I do not see any connection from the subject and the quoted OP. There is no information or something about being "afraid of Bitcoin"

On the other hand, I do agree that economist should know that digital currency will be the future monetary system. We are already in the modern world and are highly dependent in technology and internet.

With regards to the topic, why are some people afraid of Bitcoin (I'll discuss generally). I believe that jumping to something you do not fully understand will make you afraid of it. This is just normal. How can you trust Bitcoin if you do not know Bitcoin, right. A rhetorical question that would probably answer the question "why".
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:42:57 PM

Most people who are ignorant of Blockchain technology think that it is mostly used for drugs and illegal activity since that is what they first heard about it years ago and haven't kept up to date. Of course these days BTC is accepted by lots of companies and crypto is being used on a global scale... not like back in 2009-2010 when it was just used for bad stuff.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:25:46 AM

maybe the government are afraid that bitcoin will replace fiat and if this is happening, they cannot control the cryptocurrency because they don't have any power to do that. I think they start research about cryptocurrency and I am sure that they will find the effect if cryptocurrency is applied to the real life. besides that, they only think that cryptocurrency has a big chance to give support for people which want to do corruption because they can hide behind the wall without any proof.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
gcckpxm62308

Activity: 120
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:01:01 AM

I think the fear of bitcoin is because people don 't know bitcoin, know bitcoin will love it, bitcoin leads us to the path of wealth.
akiraminai

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:32:44 AM

Who are the subjects here ? Is it us or the government that is afraid to bitcoin ?
If it is us, I think it is normal because people do hold doubts
and if the government fears bitcoin and think they can't handle it if bitcoin population increases there will be issue and they will try to stop every transactions.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:10:37 AM

Who are the subjects here ? Is it us or the government that is afraid to bitcoin ?
and if the government fears bitcoin and think they can't handle it if bitcoin population increases there will be issue and they will try to stop every transactions.

You are very much on point because avkot of posters did not even specify who those afraid are. But more of those who are afraid , I will apportion to government because this is a central authority that regulate every aspect of our life. The people we can associate with, the gathering youbcan go, the kind of job you can do, even if you earn money, the way you can spend it and how much at a time and they are the one afraid and because of their influence, they distribute it to citizens and make them also afraid.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:30:11 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency system and it's a online process fully based on gpu system and who are ignorant of blockchain technology and mostly this used for drugs and illegal activities are they afraid of bitcoin.
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:33:56 AM

People find bitcoin risky. Since bitcoin is decentralized, people dont see any assurance or back up whenever something horrible happens. That is why people are affraid to invest in bitcoi.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: