Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880227 times)
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:18:27 PM

Fashhash needs to come to the market quick. Anything past october will have to come priced at half of the october knc or bitfury 400gh machines prices to be attractive at all.

+1 or they need to bring some serious power, units pushing 1TH/s min
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:21:11 PM

Looks like you have setup a nice bunch of socks to flood down the important questions on this thread, congrats.

And while I'm here... Any word on this hillarious twitter account deletion ?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
GreenDefender

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Wow that is some high power costs. I dont know that hash/chip really matters all that much, its really cost/ghash and ghash/Joule.

I think bitfury 100TH miners are currently the ones to beat...  ~1GH/1watt... $20/GH  25GH to 400GH configurations, with availability in October.

Looking forward to hearing the details specifying HashFast's cost/power/speed configurations.

Still waiting for my Avalon Batch 3 refund, and would like to get back into the mining space.  Hopefully HashFast will have some info out by then.  Knowing Bitsyncom, I will probably have some time Grin

you are a lucky man.
I think time factor is important today. If are the facts on table, we had to discuss carefully about equipment and company.
But if are we prepared for a group buy, we can order very quick. Some of first places in order queue, and maybe win a month - see KnC
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:34:33 PM

Fashhash needs to come to the market quick. Anything past october will have to come priced at half of the october knc or bitfury 400gh machines prices to be attractive at all.

+1 or they need to bring some serious power, units pushing 1TH/s min

The hashrate of the miner is pretty much irrellevant unless you need a very high density solution (e.g. for a really big mine), since you can just buy several smaller miners to make up the desired hashrate. The factors that are important are GH/s per $ and GH/s per kWh (+ timescale of course).

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Simon Barber

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:48:18 PM

some of it sounds almost too good to be true,

Anyway, if Uniquify has spun Hashfast a line of 28nm being good for 4Ghz... then past experience seems to indicate a SHA ASIC will have an absolute maximum of about 1.33Ghz on that, and may need to be dropped to 1Ghz or below to meet power targets. 100 engine chip at 4Ghz, too good to be true. 400 engine chip at 1Ghz, too big to be true.

We believe one previously announced effort at 28nm is using eASIC, so their cores are *much* bigger than they have to be. Of course their startup costs are much lower too, but it impacts the performance a lot. Look at the η-factor for other 28nm designs.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119668.0
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 08:55:33 PM

We believe one previously announced effort at 28nm is using eASIC, so their cores are *much* bigger than they have to be. Of course their startup costs are much lower too, but it impacts the performance a lot. Look at the η-factor for other 28nm designs.

The η-factor thing is total nonsense for ASICs if they're thermally limited.

Also, KnC is using a standard cell design, not an eASIC 'easycopy' or whatever. eASIC is just one of the companies they work with.

thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:36:04 PM

Looks like you have setup a nice bunch of socks to flood down the important questions on this thread, congrats.

I must say I am interested in hearing what happened with the twitter account as well.

I will be optimistic and think HashFast is trying to figure that out as well, while their "marketing" person is shrugging and hoping they will forget the incident lol.

On another note, please consider calling your unit something drastically different than what VMC calls their unit: the "Fast-Hash-One."  I confused HashFast with VMC for a sec and almost preordered from the wrong company Wink.

Thanks,

_theJestre
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:26:48 AM

Well well, silicon valley in the building! My excitement treads carefully ... tho my curiosity is growing astronomically! Do tell more about this 400GH/s asic you speak of..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Loredo

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:42:43 AM

We believe one previously announced effort at 28nm is using eASIC, so their cores are *much* bigger than they have to be. Of course their startup costs are much lower too, but it impacts the performance a lot.  
There was speculation that KnC was coursing towards an eASIC solution, in part because of OrSoC's relationship with them.  This has subsequently been denied, as indicated in a post below yours.

There are also rumors, which you probably have heard yourself situated as you are,  of private development seeking an eASIC solution.  This, of course, would be partially motivated by such extant advantages as indicated under the -Cryption section of their cores page:
http://www.easic.com/easic-ez-ip-cores/
Loredo

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:49:39 AM

I must say I am interested in hearing what happened with the twitter account as well.
IMHO, I'd say it's nothing.  Over-zealous kids wanting onto a moving bandwagon.

I think it's pretty clear - and will be clearer if and when they here, shortly, announce the tape is out and delivered - this team is for real. 

Real teams can still fumble the ball, of course.  But at least they have a ball to fumble.
HyperMega

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:33:40 AM

The η-factor thing is total nonsense for ASICs if they're thermally limited.

Also, KnC is using a standard cell design, not an eASIC 'easycopy' or whatever. eASIC is just one of the companies they work with.

Just for correctness. Taken from:

http://www.easic.com/Spatr7ve/website-wp1/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/easicopy-ASIC-Product-Brief.pdf

"The easicopy design flow is shown below. At the front end it requires a eASIC Nextreme or Nextreme-2 synthesized netlist and
an SDC timing constraints file. After initial synthesis, the design is taken through a traditional cell-based ASIC flow by eASIC
engineers. This includes Design For Test (DFT) insertion and synthesis, and then back-end physical implementation which includes
floorplanning, I/O ring design, power mesh design, timing driven place and route, timing closure, parasitic extraction, final STA, and
tapeout readiness."

That means, the eASIC easycopy service is a normal standard cell ASIC design flow. eASIC offers structured ASICs (FPGA hardcopies) and standard cell ASICs.

So theoretically eASIC would be a partner for a standard cell ASIC too. But I would not choose them for a 28nm implementation, because they have no proven first time right tape-outs in this technology node and there is a hard learning curve for that kind of implementations.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:08:15 AM

On another note, please consider calling your unit something drastically different than what VMC calls their unit: the "Fast-Hash-One."  I confused HashFast with VMC for a sec and almost preordered from the wrong company Wink

It's becoming quite the custom now similar names/initials, Bitfury Bitforce Butterfly, ASIC Miner Active Mining, HashFast fastHash, Labcoin Labratmining, all the cool kids are doing it.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:19:49 AM

On another note, please consider calling your unit something drastically different than what VMC calls their unit: the "Fast-Hash-One."  I confused HashFast with VMC for a sec and almost preordered from the wrong company Wink

It's becoming quite the custom now similar names/initials, Bitfury Bitforce Butterfly, ASIC Miner Active Mining, HashFast fastHash, Labcoin Labratmining, all the cool kids are doing it.

Haha I think anything with 'bit', 'ASIC', 'hash', or 'coin' within a name, and general relevance to speed, or power is self explanatory within this discipline. You could probably create quite an amusing random ASIC co. name development tool using this principal Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:43:57 AM

On another note, please consider calling your unit something drastically different than what VMC calls their unit: the "Fast-Hash-One."  I confused HashFast with VMC for a sec and almost preordered from the wrong company Wink

Haha I think anything with 'bit', 'ASIC', 'hash', or 'coin' within a name, and general relevance to speed, or power is self explanatory within this discipline. You could probably create quite an amusing random ASIC co. name development tool using this principal Wink

Avalon? KNC?

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:55:50 AM

I said cool kids, I guess Sam and Yifu are hipsters.

Introducing the Forcecoin Bithash Fastminer... preorder now! Limited quantity!

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:57:43 AM

See it works, mwuhahahaha!

(Damnit, I left out 'miner'!! Angry)

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:27:50 AM

It does indeed work. Probably a good way to spawn copycat coin names too.

Code:
import random

def rngen():
    rnum = random.random()
    rinteger = int(rnum * 100)
    return rinteger

names1 = ["Fast","Extreme","Total","Quick","Fury","Total","Mega","Go","Lon","Miner","Smash","Con","HandRouted","Huge","Force","Monster","Beast","Wildcat","Eruptor","CalmDown"]
names2 = ["Bit","Coin","Hash","SHA-256","Ava","ASIC","Miner","Crypto","Blockchain"]

rn = rngen ()
while rn >= len(names1):
    rn = rngen()
part1 = names1[rn]

rn = rngen ()
while rn >= len(names2):
    rn = rngen()
part2 = names2[rn]

print "Your new ASIC company name is:"
print part1 + part2

Edit: works a bit better with print part2 + part1

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:33:01 AM

Code:
import random

def rngen():
    rnum = random.random()
    return rinteger

names1 = ["Fast","Extreme","Total","Quick","Fury","Total","Mega","Go","Lon","Miner","Smash","Con","HandRouted","Huge","Force","Monster","Beast","Wildcat","Eruptor","CalmDown"]
names2 = ["Bit","Coin","Hash","SHA-256","Ava","ASIC","Miner","Crypto","Blockchain"]

rn = rngen ()
while rn >= len(names1):
    rn = rngen()
part1 = names1[rn]

rn = rngen ()
while rn >= len(names2):
    rn = rngen()
part2 = names2[rn]

print part1 + part2

Haha lol, you superstar! That's just made my day, seriously!! Thank-you jsminingcorp! Grin

turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 11:39:28 AM

Code:
import random

def rngen():
    rnum = random.random()
    return rinteger

rn = rngen ()
while rn >= len(names1):
    rn = rngen()
part1 = names1[rn]

rn = rngen ()
while rn >= len(names2):
    rn = rngen()
part2 = names2[rn]

print part1 + part2

Edit: works a bit better with print part2 + part1

improved version
Code:
import random

print random.choice(names1) + random.choice(names2)

Choose from: http://pastie.org/private/jyv9c4dyxoxoy4mf8pq4sg

gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:00:53 PM

improved version
Code:
import random

print random.choice(names1) + random.choice(names2)

Choose from: http://pastie.org/private/jyv9c4dyxoxoy4mf8pq4sg

Challenge accepted ;-)

Ruby (1.9+) version

Code:

puts "Your new ASIC company name is: #{names1.sample}#{names2.sample}"

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: