Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:00:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOKFORGE- Official Canaan Distributor  (Read 24514 times)
Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 05:57:18 PM

Blokforge -- I saw your obscene price of $3599 on your site today, and I must ask... Are you insane?

I'm a republican and I believe in capitalism and making a profit and all that, but based on the price that Canaan has had on their site for weeks for pallets of 821's, I estimated that single unit pricing would be in the $2500 to $2800 range.  A bit high, but I would spend that much.  

However, at $3599 you are about a thousand bucks into "making an obscene profit" territory.  I have the money, but I am not spending that much.

I am patient.  I will wait.  With the influx of 821s over the next couple months, 741 prices will drop on ebay.  I'll pick up a few for cheaper prices then.  In the meantime, I have $3000 worth of GPUs coming today from FedEx, and am going that way with my mining for now.

Despite what I write here, I m not a fool.  I can math.  I am not one of these "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!" idiots who will pay the outrageous price.  And YES, if you pay $3599 for an 821, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

And while I have your attention, on your site you have 13.5 TH S9's listed for $4999 and 14 TH S9's for $3199.  What the hell kind of pricing logic is that?

Maybe I will get on the site at sale time and try to buy an 821, just to see if I can get it into my cart.

And as with the last sale of 741s, some of these 821s will be on ebay by the weekend, for sale at double price, to be delivered when they receive their pre-order.  This BS must be stopped.  I will go on ebay and harass those thieving bastard sellers.

Our price from canaan as well as the only other distributor that is receiving the first batch was higher, hence higher price.  You may wait for march batches for lower pricing if you wish.

Canaan pricing on their site is irrelevant when they are not for sale nor available, Pricing when actually for sale is the only relevant price.

Same answer with bitmain miners, pricing changes once available, no 14THS batches are coming in the next month at least, so it only shows last price.

Elix9

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:01:08 PM

Well, I understand Canaan and distributors being perturbed by the resellers but now no one has a chance at getting units at a reasonable price.

The 741's already doubled in price when the market was spiking, so another 2.5x increase in price for less than 1.5x the TH while the market is struggling doesn't seem like a smart business move on Canaan's part.

Usually the way a company would handle this is by increasing supply not price gouging their customers. I can't imagine how it's good for the community to have these units only going to the people uninformed enough to buy at these prices.

And to be fair to Blokforge, we have no idea what they paid for this first batch. They could be shaking their heads just as much as we are.
Didley1JT

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:03:19 PM

Blokforge -- I saw your obscene price of $3599 on your site today, and I must ask... Are you insane?

I'm a republican and I believe in capitalism and making a profit and all that, but based on the price that Canaan has had on their site for weeks for pallets of 821's, I estimated that single unit pricing would be in the $2500 to $2800 range.  A bit high, but I would spend that much.  

However, at $3599 you are about a thousand bucks into "making an obscene profit" territory.  I have the money, but I am not spending that much.

I am patient.  I will wait.  With the influx of 821s over the next couple months, 741 prices will drop on ebay.  I'll pick up a few for cheaper prices then.  In the meantime, I have $3000 worth of GPUs coming today from FedEx, and am going that way with my mining for now.

Despite what I write here, I m not a fool.  I can math.  I am not one of these "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!" idiots who will pay the outrageous price.  And YES, if you pay $3599 for an 821, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

And while I have your attention, on your site you have 13.5 TH S9's listed for $4999 and 14 TH S9's for $3199.  What the hell kind of pricing logic is that?

Maybe I will get on the site at sale time and try to buy an 821, just to see if I can get it into my cart.

And as with the last sale of 741s, some of these 821s will be on ebay by the weekend, for sale at double price, to be delivered when they receive their pre-order.  This BS must be stopped.  I will go on ebay and harass those thieving bastard sellers.

Our price from canaan as well as the only other distributor that is receiving the first batch was higher, hence higher price.  You may wait for march batches for lower pricing if you wish.

Canaan pricing on their site is irrelevant when they are not for sale nor available, Pricing when actually for sale is the only relevant price.

Same answer with bitmain miners, pricing changes once available, no 14THS batches are coming in the next month at least, so it only shows last price.

^^

As a recognized distributor, I assumed the fault was with Canaan. Don't think my other post was a jab at BF.

Canaan is simply asking for too much. BTC is not at the $20k USD it was and has been falling with few spikes ever since.

Us small-timers just have a hard time justifying spending more money on a miner that is less efficient than the competition. ESPECIALLY when we are all expecting the next generation from Bitmain this year.

I respect you guys have a business to run and you've already shown more focus on the community than any other distributor/manufacturer. We were all just hoping a little better of Canaan.

BTC: 1GaqNkHcstajEex6LQ6caMDLNJMLKwourJ
Elix9

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:04:26 PM

Also, seeing that anything over $2500 is too much for this unit in the current market, I'm not holding much hope that Canaan will reduce the March batches to a reasonable enough price.

The best we can do is not purchase them and send the message that these units are not priced appropriately. I've noticed Crypto-Universe still hasn't sold out of their stock either.

Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:04:28 PM

That theory only really works when there is supply available. All Asics companies are pumping out everything they can when they can. Some that run their own farms and pools might be holding units longer but that's neither here nor there.

Supply and demand are a clear formula, and unfortunately right now we're in the expensive side of it.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

Not sure why everyone is surprised by the pricing

Avalon hardware has always been more expensive than Bitmian

You are paying for better quality and you are buying from a reseller who needs to make a small cut as well

t.me/bitcoinasic
Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 06:19:50 PM

Well, I understand Canaan and distributors being perturbed by the resellers but now no one has a chance at getting units at a reasonable price.

The 741's already doubled in price when the market was spiking, so another 2.5x increase in price for less than 1.5x the TH while the market is struggling doesn't seem like a smart business move on Canaan's part.

Usually the way a company would handle this is by increasing supply not price gouging their customers. I can't imagine how it's good for the community to have these units only going to the people uninformed enough to buy at these prices.

And to be fair to Blokforge, we have no idea what they paid for this first batch. They could be shaking their heads just as much as we are.

To be fair, Canaan does not control supply, it is controlled my the chip supplier.  The suppliers manufacture chips for multiple markets with high performance computing (miners) being a small part, and i am sure those of you that know the process to manufacture silicon chips know to change a production line to increase production or alter chip design is not a simple process.  Even the construction of the wafer clean room in itself is a large undertaking and commitment from the manufacturer.

Canaan could have just held all shipments until late march, but they are not.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:38:20 PM

If you are a Republican then this is a perfect example of the free market at work!  If $3600 is too high, they won't sell.  If they sell out in minutes, that problem means the price wasn't high enough Smiley
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:09:00 PM

Price for 821s on Blokforge is $3600.

I just don’t get it. S9 all the way, I guess.

The first and second batches prices are higher due to limited availability and increased costs to obtain first batches in the world, March pricing will reflect increased supply.

I realize you are the distributor, and I don't want to kill the messenger, but when the "first batches in the world" have technology that doesn't even match what has been on the market for nearly 2 years, its a little ridiculous to charge a premium.  This isn't Kickstarter, and this isn't some bleeding edge technology that is ultra-expensive to produce because its the first of its kind.  I assume Canaan is solvent enough to eat the initial cost of manufacture and factor it into the long term price.  On top of that, there really aren't any benefits to paying a premium.  There is still no set ship date and estimated date is over a month away!  This leads me to believe that the products aren't even manufactured yet and we are expected to bankroll a new product from a company that has a terrible record with delivering on time.   End of rant Smiley
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

Price for 821s on Blokforge is $3600.

I just don’t get it. S9 all the way, I guess.

The first and second batches prices are higher due to limited availability and increased costs to obtain first batches in the world, March pricing will reflect increased supply.

I realize you are the distributor, and I don't want to kill the messenger, but when the "first batches in the world" have technology that doesn't even match what has been on the market for nearly 2 years, its a little ridiculous to charge a premium.  This isn't Kickstarter, and this isn't some bleeding edge technology that is ultra-expensive to produce because its the first of its kind.  I assume Canaan is solvent enough to eat the initial cost of manufacture and factor it into the long term price.  On top of that, there really aren't any benefits to paying a premium.  There is still no set ship date and estimated date is over a month away!  This leads me to believe that the products aren't even manufactured yet and we are expected to bankroll a new product from a company that has a terrible record with delivering on time.   End of rant Smiley

Oh trust me, the miners have already been made for this batch.   See kano's pool...
Toughit

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:34:59 PM

Pass.

A 1080 ti was waiting for me today, and another arrives tomorrow along with a 580.

$2400 worth of 1080 ti's clears more than $3600 dollars of Avalon, uses less power and can mine a lot more algorithms.

Sell this miner at $2400, and even though it is less efficient than GPU's, I would buy it.

WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:36:37 PM

@Blokforge can you confirm whether or not PayPal wul be acceptable for us based orders when the time comes (today, tomorrow)
livfreely

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:15:42 AM

$3,599.00  Man just barely made it in to the target price range. 

So I am assuming that the 10 for this thread are being discounted by 10%.......Right? 
munchies859

Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:34:57 AM

$3,599.00  Man just barely made it in to the target price range.  

So I am assuming that the 10 for this thread are being discounted by 10%.......Right?  

One can hope!  The reality of the current market situation is that it isn't a bad price.  People compare it to Bitmain's prices, but in this game time is literally money.  If you order one of the next batches from Bitmain, it will come at least a month later than an 821 from Blokforge.  A month of mining is worth $500-$1000 depending on what you mine and what the market does.  As more new ASICs are sold, the difficulty will increase and profits will go down unless the market can keep up.  The first month you mine will likely be the best month.

Also, while I don't get it, the prices on ebay and 3rd party Amazon sellers for any ASIC is through the roof right now.  Avalon 741s are on sale for $3,600 right now on ebay, and presumably people are buying them for those prices.  On Amazon, I saw an Antminer T9 with 11TH/s going for $5,200 yesterday.  If anyone thinks $3,600 is too much, they can always buy one, sell it for a 50% markup on ebay, and then use the profits to buy the next batch.  Going forward, I don't see the price of 821s dropping lower than $3,000 for a small amount of units.  There are plenty of chumps willing to pay $5k for one.
fccs

Activity: 355
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:35:13 AM

When are they even announcing the ones for this thread?  At that price, I think I'm only going to MAYBE go for 1 or 2.  Only reason is because I know I can ebay it if the new s10 or s11 comes out this year and get the money back.  Otherwise, damn is that expensive.
livfreely

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:39:24 AM

Hopefully they are announcing the ones for this thread right now........no right now......maybe now? 

$3600 is steep for 11TH....We shall see
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:07:59 AM

I'll get on the blokforge website slightly in advance of the stated sale time for the 821's, and I'll see if I can get one into my cart.  And if I can, I'll go through all the steps to pay for it, then.... I won't make that last mouse click.  Not gonna buy one at this insane price.  I have a 1060 pimping hashes for me now, and 4 1080s, a cpu, a power supply, and a stick of DDR4 arrived today, thanks, FedEx!  Smiley  As soon as the motherboard gets here from Hong Kong, I've got some nice hashpower running, and the range of algorithms is far more flexible than an ASIC that can only mine SHA-256.

Canaan is pwning themselves at $3599.  A fool and his money are soon parted.  I may be a dork, a geek, and a nerd, but I'm not a fool.
Didley1JT

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:27:39 AM

^^

You forgot annoying.

BTC: 1GaqNkHcstajEex6LQ6caMDLNJMLKwourJ
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:01 AM

I planned on purchasing a few but not at that price. It will take over 6 months to get your ROI.
livfreely

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:54 AM

^^

You forgot annoying.

^^^ and apparently from his feedback not trustworthy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: