Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOKFORGE- Official Canaan Distributor  (Read 24514 times)
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:17:13 AM

This is exactly why Bitcoin is needed, no one to be able to stop you from buying something

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:18:19 AM

IMO, if it is going to be like this from here on out, they should set up a lottery system where you know a few days in advance if you're gonna get one or not.  Then, when they go on sale, give people like 10 minutes to check out.  If you don't check out in 10 minutes, the rest go back on the market and sell first come first serve.  I get rewarding people who get there first, but in this case we were all there within a second of each other.  They are either going to people using bots or it's just dumb luck.  If nothing else, it would make life easier for Blokforge if 10,000 people weren't constantly refreshing the page.

Well quantities will get larger from here on out, so it only gets buggy when there is 1-2 items left on the site, so wont be like that forever.  But honestly no matter which way we do it we will get upset people.  People will miss the lottery, say its rigged, ect..

Now this round paypal screwed up about 16 sales right now  by blocking transactions, caused people to not be able to checkout after they did that, so held inventory ect.. now cut us off and told us to refund people if we are not shipping them right away.  But in the end i guess that is why btc exists....
lrowland21093

Activity: 85
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:24:19 AM

But honestly no matter which way we do it we will get upset people
Personally, it is not really a matter of being upset Smiley  It is frustrating but understandable.
I think we all appreciate your participation here and that you recognize the value of this forum.
Toughit

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:26:31 AM

IMO, if it is going to be like this from here on out, they should set up a lottery system where you know a few days in advance if you're gonna get one or not.  Then, when they go on sale, give people like 10 minutes to check out.  If you don't check out in 10 minutes, the rest go back on the market and sell first come first serve.  I get rewarding people who get there first, but in this case we were all there within a second of each other.  They are either going to people using bots or it's just dumb luck.  If nothing else, it would make life easier for Blokforge if 10,000 people weren't constantly refreshing the page.

Well quantities will get larger from here on out, so it only gets buggy when there is 1-2 items left on the site, so wont be like that forever.  But honestly no matter which way we do it we will get upset people.  People will miss the lottery, say its rigged, ect..

Now this round paypal screwed up about 16 sales right now  by blocking transactions, caused people to not be able to checkout after they did that, so held inventory ect.. now cut us off and told us to refund people if we are not shipping them right away.  But in the end i guess that is why btc exists....

So... it was Paypal that stopped me?  In my case I kept clicking the 'proceed to paypal' button, but never made it to their site.
Blokforge

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:28:32 AM

So... it was Paypal that stopped me?  In my case I kept clicking the 'proceed to paypal' button, but never made it to their site.

Seems that way, they called us and said they were blocking payments until we uploaded tracking for every item sold and submitted invoices from the factory, factory contacts to verify, two years financials. ect....   So needless to say we are no longer taking paypal unfortunately.
Blokforge

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:31:18 AM

I will add the remainder back to the site in exactly 5 minutes, payment methods updated on the site. 
JBeamSr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:39:02 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 01:50:43 AM by JBeamSr

I thought you would take credit cards from US customers, but I'm not seeing that option.

Edit:
Thought I had gotten lucky, and they just slipped through my fingers. Congrats to everyone that got one, and maybe next time I'll be one.
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:39:34 AM

Almost had it. Was in the cart and then went to proceed and was sold out. It's like a game, obviously I'm not fast enough lol
lrowland21093

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:40:26 AM

LOL, They are gone.
Got it into my cart and immediately submitted but gone  SmileySmiley
Maybe next time.  It will be sad to see these appear on eBay later as "pre-sales" by those who were lucky enough to get one. Sad
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:41:04 AM

my business partner had 2 in her cart and then bam....... No longer available.
livfreely

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:43:07 AM

Well I would like to go on the record, and say I am officially an idiot!

I tried to check out multiple times both yesterday, and tonight.  I thought it was PayPal, but apparently it was my lovely fraud prevention on my cc that was preventing my purchase.  They did not inform me, and I had to log into my account to find it out.  

Please...Please...Verify with your cc company in the future BEFORE you try, and make a large purchase.

Congrats to all of you lucky 1st batchers.  I will be waiting on sloppy seconds.  Please give thorough reviews of the A8's.  

Thank You Blokforge!  This is a great thread, and you are a great seller!  Keep it up.  

Toughit

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:11:03 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 11:00:46 PM by frodocooper

Well quantities will get larger from here on out, so it only gets buggy when there is 1-2 items left on the site, so wont be like that forever.  But honestly no matter which way we do it we will get upset people.  People will miss the lottery, say its rigged, ect..

Now this round paypal screwed up about 16 sales right now  by blocking transactions, caused people to not be able to checkout after they did that, so held inventory ect.. now cut us off and told us to refund people if we are not shipping them right away.  But in the end i guess that is why btc exists....

I don't think anyone would object if, on your next batch, you pre-sold a few to your loyal supporters  Roll Eyes that have tried so hard (4 times failed) to get in on the sale.

My IM is always open.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)
eissug

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:17:36 AM

Blokforge is in an impossible situation and has been pretty honorable IMO.  I think they have gone above and beyond what most distributors would have done in response.  After seeing what happened with other 821 sales they could have easily charged more.  In some ways Blokforge is both unfair and fair at the same time, which means they are doing a good job.  Is unfairly fair a thing?   Wink  I don't want to sound like an Apple fanboy, but I would purchase from Blolokforge at a premium over other distributors in recognition of their service (before and after sales) and to support the business.  E-mails are often returned outside of business hours!  Like others, if I had known the 821 price I might have tried to get a few 741s.   Cool

Kind of a first world problem to have such a rush at an expensive space heater!
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:22:12 AM

Honestly I've been in lines waiting for tickets, waiting for products, and now waiting for products on line. There's no ideal solution.

Anything you can think of is probably easily manipulated and will likely come down to just as much luck as what just happened (minus the PayPal b.s.)

I'm just happy Blokforge's servers didn't melt.

lrowland21093

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:30:59 AM

I agree that Blokforge is doing its best and is very responsive.  I have ordered several things from them and always had a very good transaction.  Based on their participation here and the responsiveness, I would also order from them over other cheaper options that were not as responsive.
livfreely

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:31:36 AM

For those of you who missed out, below is some more of those old A7's  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-741-Avalonminer-7-3-TH-s-1600W-Power-supply-Bitcoin-Cash-Miners-BTC/122911253702?hash=item1c9e14e4c6:g:UDAAAOSwPzhaDzGo
livfreely

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:35:22 AM

I agree that Blokforge is doing its best and is very responsive.  I have ordered several things from them and always had a very good transaction.  Based on their participation here and the responsiveness, I would also order from them over other cheaper options that were not as responsive.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

You do not see another distributor like Blokforge in this category.  They gave special emphasis to this forum, and its members.  They went above, and beyond to even give a discount to members here.  I will be purchasing an A8 from them in the future.  They were the ones who sold me my first miner, and I will never forget my 1st Shocked
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:57:31 AM

I got on around 6:55 and was refreshing periodically.  About 7:01 my screen showed available units, I left it on one unit, and click the add to cart or whatever it is button.  Then by the time it got to the next page I had the pink "not available" notice across the top of the screen.

Meh.

At least the site didn't lag out all to hell and back like on the last 741 sale.  It hung up a bit in the 7:00 to 7:02 time range, but otherwise wasn't bad.

Blokforge - how many 821 units were available at 6:59:59 pm?

And why is the 741 still on your site page?  Might as well take it off if no more are being made.
Bennyb1

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:28:10 AM

Seems that way, they called us and said they were blocking payments until we uploaded tracking for every item sold and submitted invoices from the factory, factory contacts to verify, two years financials. ect....   So needless to say we are no longer taking paypal unfortunately.

Are credit cards going to be accepted for the March batches?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:36:43 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 11:32:09 AM by toptek

There is a Problem i see about to happen in the US mostly because of our new tax scam law unless you make millions, the more the Price goes up on these things the more import tax we pay, the more the IRS might look into it and ask were is that 10 k coming from for that 10 k miner an then the IRS version in other county's starts butting in were they don't belong or really need to be all because of money,even if you follow the rules ...  just some thoughts.

I hope Miner Maker understand this before they go an start selling miners for 10 K plus each . no complaints just something they should consider if they really care about mining  and don't let greed get the best of the whole game.
I'll pay it in time but hate the idea the IRS, will all ways be on my ass form that point on even following rules.

Don't tell me the IRS won't they will even following rules, if there is high amounts money/cash/gear whatever we/you/I call it, involved an I don't mean below 10k .they will expect it for 10 k buys an enforce more over that 3 k buy,the price doesn't have to go up because coins do, sigh .......to me that's just another excuse used to be Greedily or justify greed, that in the end will hurt all of us including the ones that cause it.
I do understand big business won't matter/care price wise and that's the Problem which is why it is so fucked up, sadly, they don't care !!!, what impact it has,which does effect us all, including them in a bad way over time..

Just my 2 cents worth which means nothing but I had to point that out, i will be getting a few avalon miners soon unless i die first , or that's my plan, I still won't buy bitmain ...it's a moral Issue with me and bitmain.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: