Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:05:45 AM

zum, do you really think nobody is aware of the risks at this point? Would anybody on this thread deny that it could, possibly, be a scam? Obviously if someone is holding at this point, they are comfortable with the risk/reward ratio.

Keep clam & hodl on

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:09:15 AM

This stock could rise to 50x it's value or could be worth nothing.. We are all aware of the risk, but the reward is so much greater than the risk. If its a scam I have lost a couple of k. If its legit I will make 100k to me it's worth the punt.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:23:06 AM

They're not acting "shady" they're acting "busy".  It's not their job to try to manage the share price, and it has zero effect on them on a day to day basis. The only reason they would care is if they were selling their own shares, which they said they wouldn't do.

If they're honest, they'll make their money through their own dividends. So that's what matters to them now. As far as they're concerned it wouldn't seem like posting pics today or tomorrow or next week will make much difference.

That said, as I said, they need to stop solo mining.
Maybe the coin mined by 2Th is negligible anyway, so they haven't spent any efforts to think about how to mine more efficiently. The highest priority, according to what they have said, is still try to make more chips installed and work better.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:24:26 AM

no, you don't know how trust settings on this forum work evidently. you are not in my trust network so have to click 'show ratings' - it won't show up on your screen like that

Oh, but a nub who's signed up in 2011 but only posted 4 comments, ever, all in this thread, all in the past 48 hours, has got it all figured out.  

Fucking whatever, dude. The fud against labcoin would work better if the people calling it a "scam" weren't obviously cooking up fake evidence against them.

Activity: 264

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:27:13 AM

This stock could rise to 50x it's value or could be worth nothing.. We are all aware of the risk, but the reward is so much greater than the risk. If its a scam I have lost a couple of k. If its legit I will make 100k to me it's worth the punt.

It's the basic of risk evaluation, and everyone sets his own parameters for his decision making.
I see it as you do, but having a buiseness myself, i feel bad for the guys from Labcoin having to read
all the accusations here (if they are legit, which i think they are).

If the coming weeks proof me wrong, you can all pull the "told ya so" card, but as TMAN sayd, i will only
lose a couple hundred BTC in a worst case scenario with couple thousand of potential profit.

It doesn't even have to do anything with whether or not you trust the company you are investing in.
Just use common sense to set probabilitys for scam and not scam, and potential share price for each
event, and you can then decide to invest or not AND STICK WITH IT, no matter how much FUD is
going on in your head.

Donatioins always welcome Wink
LTC: LL2UDTbQNx9UiP37ZzJ4CLQDWm6JPgZG8t
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

I have become increasingly alarmed by the behavior of the user who occupies the ID:labcoin and the PR agent or accomplice operating under the ID: TheSwede75.I've begun collecting evidence & I request anybody who has lost a considerable amount so far please contact me in private message

Why not just show the evidence?

There are 2 negative ratings on Labcoin's profile, and one of them is from you, where you claim to have risked 265BTC, and the following:

User has demonstrated pre-planned intention to deceive by incorporating virtual offshore business with fictional Nominee directors to obfuscate personal identity and absolve themselves of liability

Have you evidence of either of these?

aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:30:36 AM

It's the basic of risk evaluation, and everyone sets his own parameters for his decision making.
I see it as you do, but having a buiseness myself, i feel bad for the guys from Labcoin having to read

on what facts do you base your 'thinking' that they are legitimate?

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:44:16 AM

There is no evidence to proof that it is a scam. Only rumours.
And if they are legit, i see a potential 25x share price compared to IPO.
So even if i am 95% certain, that it is a scam, i would still hold. Because there
would be a 5% chance of 24x profit of my investment.

Plus the share price is over tripple what i payed, and even if it turns out to be
a scam with proof and everything, it is highly probable, that i can dump my shares
BEFORE the price drops under IPO-value and still make (perhaps little) profit.

I don't have any proof that they are legit either, but my "thinking" is that i trust
people, who don't have a bad record, until prooven otherwise.

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:48:08 AM

It's really difficult to get any fact to prove they are legit. Photos of installment are not proof, neither does hashing or dividends. It's easy to buy 2T and 4T from the market now, quite different from When AM began hashing. Therefore, in essential it's a gamble. As many have posted, we stay if we feel the risk reward ratio is good enough and is comfortable with the fact we may lose all the coins invested.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:48:47 AM

They are legit. It's only the fudsters who are causing the ag. The team will come through, just ignore the Internet warriors who missed out on ipo. I have faith in this company and a lot of people will be proved wrong in the coming weeks. Labcoin to the moon

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:51:55 AM

It's really difficult to get any fact to prove they are legit. Photos of installment are not proof, neither does hashing or dividends. It's easy to buy 2T and 4T from the market now, quite different from When AM began hashing. Therefore, in essential it's a gamble. As many have posted, we stay if we feel the risk reward ratio is good enough and is comfortable with the fact we may lose all the coins invested.

Exactly that. And the moment emotions come into play you are more likely to lose money.
That's why it's best to lay out trading rules and probabilty charts for yourself and stick to them.

aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:52:33 AM

So even if i am 95% certain, that it is a scam, i would still hold. Because there

Plus the share price is over tripple what i payed, and even if it turns out to be
a scam with proof and everything, it is highly probable, that i can dump my shares

I don't have any proof that they are legit either, but my "thinking" is that i trust

I did not ask for proof of a scam. I asked for the facts that back up your 'thinking' that it is legitimate.

If you say that you think it is legit, then you must have some facts to back that up.

All I have gathered from this whole thing is that the 'value' of this security is in fact only based on promises by the issuer. No solid evidence or proof of anything have been provided.

Again, I am not saying it is a scam. But I am not stupid. I like reason, evidence of future projections and empiricism.
demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:02:29 PM

Funny how people get all exited about shares while on the other hand they blindly send thousands and thousands and more thousands of dollars to: BFL (pre-order last year), Avalon (first 1500$ and then also pre-order for the rest of batches), KNC (pre-order; only images and some vids), hash fast (pre-order).. And there are even more pre-order MONSTER machines out there.. but that nobody cares.. 15K for cointerra; np..

And they all flip over shares worth most of the time 0.0035 +/- ?? Who is who kidding? 250 pages full of fud..
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:03:09 PM

All I have gathered from this whole thing is that the 'value' of this security is in fact only based on promises by the issuer. No solid evidence or proof of anything have been provided.

You got it. Do you trust the postings of some random internet dude or not. Could be theswede's sock puppet as well. Good luck!
demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:03:26 PM

Just wait and see! Labcoin will come..

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:04:50 PM

I did not ask for proof of a scam. I asked for the facts that back up your 'thinking' that it is legitimate.

If you say that you think it is legit, then you must have some facts to back that up.

Again, I am not saying it is a scam. But I am not stupid. I like reason, evidence of future projections and empiricism.

No if i think it is legit, i don't have to back up anything, because it is my thinking = my opinion.
My reason to "think" they are legit is, that i trust them. As i already wrote.

If you have an other opinion that is your thing.

All i know is that almost every investment i did in the BTC world since i started in early 2012 earned me money.
Asicminer, Litecoin, BTCQuick.... only thing i lost money to was pirateat40 lol but i knew that it was high risk, espacially
the time i got in (relatively late, lost 20% of my investment)

But i made so much with my trading system, that i don't have to work. So i won't change that because of some haters.

carpetbagger

Activity: 258

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:07:08 PM

https://blockchain.info/ip-address/178.79.173.51

this is more interesting. see the huge number of transactions? are those divs, or what?

No.

Someone had a node running on (the VPS hosting provider) Linode between 2013-03-21 and 2013-07-29. Labcoin.com uses Linode too, but it's unrelated.

The transactions stop pretty much when this thread started. What can it all mean?  Shocked

Keep clam & hodl on
black2burn

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:08:42 PM

Is it possible to be long an asset for short-term?  If yes...then that's what I am Cool
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 12:34:29 PM

Do we seriously have Bronies on these forums and using Bitcoins?

Sorry, couldn't resist.. Wink

The transactions stop pretty much when this thread started. What can it all mean?  Shocked

Looks like there is a connection between Labcoin and those transactions. They mined Terracoin with this VPS earlier:

Portscan?

TRC:178.79.173.51-178.79.173.51 listed 2 months ago at http://www.terracointalk.org/index.php/topic,226.0.html

I value intuition above logic.

Right, but i could have stopped the daemon meanwhile. Also, why it should be a problem in first place ?

Cheers

boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:35:14 PM

As for me. LC is doing good enough for me to keep my shares. They have met their deadlines and the under-performance in the chip is expected. If they keep this up its going to be a good Halloween.

For those concern about my shares and me keeping them, thanks for telling me how to spend my money. I think I'm capable of doing that on my own.
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: