Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:31:28 PM

It seems to me, given the history of how this has progressed, that there is a bit of a pattern. I don't know whether to attribute it to benefitting insiders or the less nefarious angle of rewarding those with faith. As the bitcoin community tends to be rather fickle (and let's face it, generally less mature than standard street investing), coddling can get rather tiresome. So make an announcement with little obvious evidence, price temporarily spikes, those who still believe either hold or sell to improve position in the subsequent correction due to no "evidence". Position is improved when buying back a bit lower (don't know what the average time frame is on this but it seems to be within a week of the news) and then shortly thereafter is the evidence. This causes another spike, marginal sustained increase in price floor, and interest wanes again waiting for the next bit of news. Maybe I'm alone here but if I were running things, I would probably care more about getting shit done than I would placating the skeptical investors that are most likely only looking for short-term gains.

Just a casual, and admittedly somewhat unfounded, observation. Feel free to disagree completely. Smiley

disagree completely, as my unfounded observations are plainly superior to your unfounded observations. Smiley

j/k btw. You made some good points.

I would rather have them work on their chips than to cater to the speculators. They have a lot of work to do to catch up to the market leader. They will prove themselves in time or not. Either way is fine with me.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aquarius

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:32:18 PM

As for me. LC is doing good enough for me to keep my shares. They have met their deadlines and the under-performance in the chip is expected. If they keep this up its going to be a good Halloween.

For those concern about my shares and me keeping them, thanks for telling me how to spend my money. I think I'm capable of doing that on my own.

At IPO they said they will have chips by end of August and expect to start hashing at beginning of September. They also mentioned 65nm chips in development.

The point of the IPO was to get the funds to produce the chips and the chips would arrive 4-5 after IPO. It arrived on time.

After the chips arrive they would sell some of the chips and start hashing with the rest.

All the while they are developing the 65nm chips.
Right now there is no way to prove if they are telling the truth or lying. I choose to give them the benefit of doubt because they give me no reason to do otherwise. They didn't accept preorders for their chips and they could have gotten 2x-3x their IPO ask price but chose not to.

The burden of proof is on you if you want to call it a scam. I think most people have you ignored. So I'm just going to clean up the quote a little so they don't have to read you.

so you are comfortable recommending an investment sold by people you never met/know which in turn have never presented any evidence that indicate they can be trusted?

again, I am not saying it is a scam and if they produce proof of hashing/production I will be happy to buy back in!
boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:38:01 PM

The burden of proof is on you if you want to call it a scam. I think most people have you ignored. So I'm just going to clean up the quote a little so they don't have to read you.

That's ridiculous.  The burden of proof is squarely on the shoulders of Labcoin to back their statements and address the numerous issues that shareholders feel are important.  They are the ones making claims, here.  Claims like "we're hashing" should be accompanied by evidence (stamped blocks and/or pool mining).

Proof will come just be patient, LC already stated they would. You would have to prove they will not give proof. Right now they get the benefit of the doubt and we'll see if they are keep their word some time in the next 7 days. In the meantime its pointless saying they will not prove they are hashing without giving some evidence. They will prove themselves right or wrong.
MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:39:39 PM

Honestly reading this thread has gave me cancer. Even if they do get 300TH online il be dead before I get a chance to see any dividends anyway.
boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:45:47 PM

Well I'm ok with investing my money. They have to make their own decision base on their individual cost/risk. I don't recommend anything to anyone because there is nothing risk free.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

How's that 7,000,000 wall over on the ice.drill?

[GOOD NEWS EVERYONE]

Thanks to the BTC price rise, that wall is melting:
Thanks for asking!   Cool

Lol there are more shares on offer now than the last time I checked, they have just been spread out lol.

Icedrill I have realised you are too cunning to have any btc tied up in IceDrill, it is dead in the water and though you might invest if another 6MILL shares are bought you won't be in now.

So you are split three ways - LC, ACtM, AM-PT. Correct? lol Atleast the money you lose on LC you will get back from ACtM.

Huh  Since when is a "wall" also "spread out?"  You sure a Very Special Person, Stuart!   Roll Eyes

lol I didn't even use the word 'wall' - I said 'more shares on offer now' as you can clearly see.

What a pathetic reply. Sorry, but you have lost it over the past few weeks, you used to be quite sharp.

We were discussing the 7million@0.0016 wall put up by ice.drill has been reduced by 750k shares, thanks to the increase in $/BTC.

I know it's hard, but do try and keep up.   Smiley

I'm very happy to be all in Ice.Drill and all out of ACTM, LC, and AM-PT.  

The adults have arrived in the form of HashFast, and their upcoming disclosures are going to blow you and the Chinese scam IPOs away.

Good luck with your clown stocks!   Cool
What's wrong on investing on both?
There is plenty of room for at least 2 companies in asic mining IMO...

This ^^ I have invested in both.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:47:37 PM

Honestly reading this thread has gave me cancer. Even if they do get 300TH online il be dead before I get a chance to see any dividends anyway.

Lmao
boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:48:18 PM

Sorry about your cancer. I hope you get compensated.
aquarius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:48:38 PM

That's ridiculous.  The burden of proof is squarely on the shoulders of Labcoin to back their statements and address the numerous issues that shareholders feel are important.  They are the ones making claims, here.  Claims like "we're hashing" should be accompanied by evidence (stamped blocks and/or pool mining).

Proof will come just be patient, LC already stated they would. You would have to prove they will not give proof. Right now they get the benefit of the doubt and we'll see if they are keep their word some time in the next 7 days. In the meantime its pointless saying they will not prove they are hashing without giving some evidence. They will prove themselves right or wrong.

I hope and wish you are correct, but as long as we are honest about what is going on then maybe others might be careful about how much they have tied up.

The reason I am a bit nervous about all this is because I basically grew up as a street kid and learned the hard way to spot situations that would have given me disadvantages. Call it 'street smarts' or whatever. But I am telling you in all honesty that all my alarm bells are going off with all the weirdness and unfulfilled promises going on.

Take it for what you will, but I am not saying this to troll or anything like that. I like to think of myself as a moral person that´s just being sincere about my opinion. Smiley
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:51:10 PM

Uh.. we did just prove they didn't give proof on their last announcement. You are also ass backwards in your thinking.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:52:38 PM

I hope and wish you are correct, but as long as we are honest about what is going on then maybe others might be careful about how much they have tied up.

The reason I am a bit nervous about all this is because I basically grew up as a street kid and learned the hard way to spot situations that would have given me disadvantages. Call it 'street smarts' or whatever. But I am telling you in all honesty that all my alarm bells are going off with all the weirdness and unfulfilled promises going on.

Take it for what you will, but I am not saying this to troll or anything like that. I like to think of myself as a moral person that´s just being sincere about my opinion. Smiley

What unfulfilled promises? They are fullfilling everything and have always kept their word about posting pics after announcements ect.
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:55:29 PM

no, no, see, that's the whole complaint.  Why make a statement WITHOUT evidence?  That's not how you do PR when you are a startup.  You make a claim, and at the time of making the claim, you back it up with evidence.  The time to post evidence was on Sep 10, which was the self-imposed deadline for starting hashing. It would have been really simple to just join a pool, you know.  Or do any number of other things to back up their statements at the time of announcement.

Making an announcement without evidence hurts their credibility, and that's why the share price is dropping.  Their word is worth nothing, because it has never been shown to be valid.

Why should anyone give them the benefit of the doubt?  "hey guys, I just brought 50 TH/s online, give me money!"  That statement sounds ridiculous, but that's exactly what they have done.  People gave BFL and Pirate40 the benefit of the doubt, and look where they are.  It's ridiculous to demand trust without providing something to go on.

More questions:
Why hasn't the share locking issue been addressed?
When will the block stamping start?
Why not mine in a pool?

Don't expect the share price to gain much until we see real evidence.  Announcements are not cutting it anymore, they need to post something real.  People are jumping ship, and if this continues, we'll likely see sub .0035 within 24 hours.

velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:57:20 PM

What unfulfilled promises? They are fullfilling everything and have always kept their word about posting pics after announcements ect.

locking of the shares for one.  Also, they stated pictures would be posted before the hashing started.

They have NEVER kept their word, because they have not shown conclusive evidence to back up their statements. 

Photos are not conclusive, stamping blocks and/or pool mining would be a much better step in the right direction.

wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:57:56 PM

no, no, see, that's the whole complaint.  Why make a statement WITHOUT evidence?  That's not how you do PR when you are a startup.  You make a claim, and at the time of making the claim, you back it up with evidence.  The time to post evidence was on Sep 10, which was the self-imposed deadline for starting hashing. It would have been really simple to just join a pool, you know.  Or do any number of other things to back up their statements at the time of announcement.

Making an announcement without evidence hurts their credibility, and that's why the share price is dropping.  Their word is worth nothing, because it has never been shown to be valid.

Why should anyone give them the benefit of the doubt?  "hey guys, I just brought 50 TH/s online, give me money!"  That statement sounds ridiculous, but that's exactly what they have done.  People gave BFL and Pirate40 the benefit of the doubt, and look where they are.  It's ridiculous to demand trust without providing something to go on.

More questions:
Why not mine in a pool?

Don't expect the share price to gain much until we see real evidence.  Announcements are not cutting it anymore, they need to post something real.  People are jumping ship, and if this continues, we'll likely see sub .0035 within 24 hours.

+1000
boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:00:07 PM

[/quote]

I take back what I say about people ignoring you. Its hard for me to remember who is troll or not because I don't have anyone on my ignore list. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
aquarius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:00:42 PM

I do not wish to be mean but you sound delusional and naive at best.

ALL we have are just that. PROMISES! It does not mean shit until there is PROOF.

The definition of a con-man, for example, is one that never shows any proof of what he promises or claims. And always wants you to TRUST his word.

I cannot believe I have to tell people this.

I hope this is legit. But I will not risk being left standing.

I will not comment any more.

boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:06:36 PM

More questions:
Why not mine in a pool?

I'm not so worried about the share prices, we'll know by next week. I do agree with you about their PR, it could be much much better.
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:11:17 PM

I do agree with you about their PR, it could be much much better.

A problem that seems to plague every single thing involving bitcoin mining  Undecided
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:26:55 PM

How's that 7,000,000 wall over on the ice.drill?

[GOOD NEWS EVERYONE]

Thanks to the BTC price rise, that wall is melting:
Thanks for asking!   Cool

Lol there are more shares on offer now than the last time I checked, they have just been spread out lol.

Icedrill I have realised you are too cunning to have any btc tied up in IceDrill, it is dead in the water and though you might invest if another 6MILL shares are bought you won't be in now.

So you are split three ways - LC, ACtM, AM-PT. Correct? lol Atleast the money you lose on LC you will get back from ACtM.

Huh  Since when is a "wall" also "spread out?"  You sure a Very Special Person, Stuart!   Roll Eyes

lol I didn't even use the word 'wall' - I said 'more shares on offer now' as you can clearly see.

What a pathetic reply. Sorry, but you have lost it over the past few weeks, you used to be quite sharp.

We were discussing the 7million@0.0016 wall put up by ice.drill has been reduced by 750k shares, thanks to the increase in $/BTC.

I know it's hard, but do try and keep up.   Smiley

I'm very happy to be all in Ice.Drill and all out of ACTM, LC, and AM-PT.  

The adults have arrived in the form of HashFast, and their upcoming disclosures are going to blow you and the Chinese scam IPOs away.

Good luck with your clown stocks!   Cool
What's wrong on investing on both?
There is plenty of room for at least 2 companies in asic mining IMO...

This ^^ I have invested in both.
In April I quit my job thanks to BTC. I know the shit here and my plan is always the same - invest small amounts as diverse as possible in whatever BTC related (well, almost).

Some of them will be scams, some will bottom but a few will be x10 and more!

The important is diversification and not big funds (AngelSky thinks I am poor because I invested small here, all Greeks are poor and because ALIENS lmao) anywhere because the ecosystem is almost unregulated, worse than wild west and ANYTHING can go wrong.

I have been burned sometimes to learn my lesson. Overall cryptos ecosystem was very generous to me.
onecent

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:35:16 PM

More questions:
Why not mine in a pool?

I think LC should construct a better communication channel, if they IPO as a company, they should act like a company, It's easy to hire a real PR who can actually follow the operation effectively and have weekly news press or answer shareholders' questions.  The 250 pages long FUD could have been avoided if they did it.   TheSwede is a nice guy but he just not that qualified as a PR IMHO. 
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: