Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
physalis

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:03:20 AM

Any news on those pictures? Updates to the website Swede?

That would be interesting yup.

*crickets*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:03:36 AM

Then just read the first 2 words (that's what I do)
foxykah

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:04:50 AM

Then just read the first 2 words (that's what I do)

'Not today'? Cheesy

Good things come to those who wait.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:06:03 AM

As 'usual' when the share price moves I get a lot of PM's. Nothing has changed, and as usual I will not give out any information via PM or trade based shares based on any 'non public' information. Of course I have no clue why the share prices moves up or down, but that's just the market.

I guess I could also mention that the speculation that Labcoin somehow has been mining since mid-August "without telling anyone" is a 'little' funny as you can probably understand that Labcoin has all the motivation in the world to publish has rate etc. with 30% of the company being held by the founders.

However, if the Labcoin team somehow has developed a method that allows them to mine with ASIC before miners are actually constructed I would assume that to be very positive news (<- Joking)

The website will according to Sam be updated 'soon' and I am hoping to have a time for the launch of the redesign/functionality shortly.

TY, looking forward to more detailed info.

Cheers.

kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:07:38 AM

Can a mod double check the IPs for Labcoin and TheSwede, to make sure they are not the same person?
creativex

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:11:38 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 12:22:22 AM by creativex

Perhaps you should begin your inquiry by asking one or both of them if they interchangeably swap login credentials.

I don't see how such information would be proof of nefarious activity at any rate. It'd be rather odd though. Smiley

Swede talks mostly perty good, and the usual labcoin poster seems to be struggling with a language that's not native to him/her.

As said, this is a legitimate operation, and all signs should point at that if you ask your common sense. Our initial board design is quite rough while very functional, and pictures will be posted rather soon.

We think we gave enough evidence that our company and achievements are real to avoid being labeled as a "scam". Our company is sitting on valuable hardware and intellectual property and we're confident we will delivery nice performances to our shareholders. We will work on improving our communications as we settle on our final premise and have reached stability.

The team is scattered on various countries, thus we have to coordinate to release anything. I'll see if i can get a screenshot of the hashing rate or something, but more pictures will be posted in the next few days, we will deploy the same mechanism ASICMINER uses for signing found blocks and publish them on our website.

foxykah

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:27:41 AM

Swede now offline..

Good things come to those who wait.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:32:34 AM

I'm all in on this one, will either be the best thing I've ever done or the dumbest.  weeeeeee  Cheesy
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:02:19 AM

As 'usual' when the share price moves I get a lot of PM's. Nothing has changed, and as usual I will not give out any information via PM or trade based shares based on any 'non public' information. Of course I have no clue why the share prices moves up or down, but that's just the market.

I guess I could also mention that the speculation that Labcoin somehow has been mining since mid-August "without telling anyone" is a 'little' funny as you can probably understand that Labcoin has all the motivation in the world to publish has rate etc. with 30% of the company being held by the founders.

However, if the Labcoin team somehow has developed a method that allows them to mine with ASIC before miners are actually constructed I would assume that to be very positive news (<- Joking)

The website will according to Sam be updated 'soon' and I am hoping to have a time for the launch of the redesign/functionality shortly.

LOL.. I think this may very well be the update they promised within 48 hours! Sorry folks.. no pics. This is the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life. I love how they are already using the classic "soon" term.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:51:49 AM

LOL.. I think this may very well be the update they promised within 48 hours! Sorry folks.. no pics. This is the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life. I love how they are already using the classic "soon" term.

Almost as gross as your post history which is only posting FUD here since the newbie section.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:55:50 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 02:09:05 AM by Ytterbium

So, has Labcoin found any blocks? How do you search for signed/stamped(whatever) blocks?

https://blockchain.info/

Blockchain.info won't know what blocks from labcoin right away.  They still aren't counting blocks for ghash.io's blocks. Ghash.io sends all their block rewards to a single address, so it should be easy to track, but for whatever reason they haven't done so.

That would actually be the easiest way to keep track, since anyone could look up an address and see how many 25btc 'newly generated' coins showed up.

Guys where are the pictures? ^^
Do you know how to zoom in on a picture? Do it and look at the top chip.
And then, if you don't see it, I just can't help you.

and what exactly am i supposed too see? Look like any other zoomed in picture

Photoshop artifacts - There was a logo or text removed.

If you think those are "photoshop artifacts", you've obviously never actually done any photoshopping...  Just doing a quick clone stamp wouldn't leave any stretched out marks like that at all.

Also writing on chips is typically oriented with the '1' pin in the lower left.  If there had been writing in that location, it would have been with the '1' pin in the upper left. I suppose it's not impossible, but seems pretty unlikely.

wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:10:01 AM

Almost as gross as your post history which is only posting FUD here since the newbie section.

As I said before to someone commenting on that. What do you expect? Do you want me to flip flop sides? I don't think I'm a FUD at all. I would definitely have fear investing in scamcoin, but I wouldn't be uncertain or doubtful. I absolutely know where the company is going. Down the shitter. Shit like this almost makes me want to make my own scam because people this fucking dumb deserve to lose their money. I'm an honest guy and maybe I could get over the ethics of it knowing the investors are just soooooo stupid that If I didn't steal it from them someone else would.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:18:38 AM

TH/s
creativex

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:23:01 AM

This is nothing compared to PETA-MINE. Gonna need a truckload of smelling salts over there.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:52:57 AM

ASICMiner had 50TH in July........

when these dividends come out Labcoin is going to have some flighty investors
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:31:59 AM

Well, looks like this thread was completely ridiculous again.  Too bad I missed the sell-off/rebound but I would have had to transfer more coins and would probably have missed it.

I think there are a couple reasons why people are spreading so much B.S/Fud.  

1) Butthurt ActiveMining investors - either steveioio/sutartUK actually said that there would be a 'troll army' descending on this thread as "payback" for mabsark and others somehow destroying ActM's share price.  So some of the trolls are likely those people. (Kind of hard to tell those two apart and honestly they seem like the same person)

2) People just trolling to drive the price down, or just for fun.

3) Genuine nutcases like MPOE-PR (who Mircea Popescu still claims isn't him, but rather an actual woman who works for him.)
PS for the lulz : today at 06:51:45 PM my PR chick posted in the three day old, 36 page long RetardsTalk thread shaking her had at the idiocy. She got post #4 on the page. Post #20 happened 07:01:54 PM, precisely ten minutes later. The posters are... ShroomsKit ... limbaugh ... dexX7 ... dvdrewritable ... bitcoiner49er ... limbaugh ... Ytterbium ... Bitcycle
(he claimed all of us were sockpuppets even though several are now anti-labcoin)

4) There are probably some "reasonable" people who actually are worried people might lose there money. However, my view is they are being overly paranoid.

I don't have a problem with people expressing their doubts and concerns. It gets a little tedious to hear the same thing over and over again, but people do need to be aware of the risks.  However, at the same time the whole purpose of investing is to take risks in exchange for a large enough reward to justify the risk.  You can do low risk, low reward or you can do high risk high reward.  (And if you're lucky, you might even find low-risk high reward investments, if you have better information then other people).

A big part of the reason I'm not particularly worried is that the trolls/fudsters just don't seem like they know very much about how ICs and circuitboards and the rest are made.  I don't mean to be insulting but there is a huge drop in intelligence between posters on the Custom Hardware board and this one.  

Buying custom hardware is just as risky as investing in these stocks, but I believe that at the moment the reward from buying custom hardware is much lower then the reward from investing in these stocks, particularly labcoin, and maybe ActM as they get closer to having their own chips.  (But there are still some problems with ActM)

So, basically as far as I'm concerned I think the probability that Labcoin is a total scam is low, and I think the probability that they'll be successful, and the share price/dividends will be epic is pretty high.

But, if that's not what you think then by all means sell your shares. I've picked up way more of these shares cheaply then I expected to get because of all the ridiculous bullshit and panic selling.  I'm not planning on liquidating my position now so I mean, for me it doesn't matter at all.

As far as why I don't think this is a scam, well, looking at their website and presentation material before the IPO it seemed like they were competent and wouldn't have a lot of trouble actually getting their chips produced. As I said earlier, making chips (or at least, doing chip layout and then ordering the chips from foundries, through third party suppliers who check your work) isn't some kind of black magic. A well funded operation shouldn't have any trouble getting 130nm chips made.

We also know the real names, etc of the people involved in the company. So if it was a total scam those real people would be risking prosecution, like Pirateat40.  There's not a 100% probability of that happening if it was a scam, and obviously it's not a 100% deterrent either. We don't know how much the authorities in HK, Italy, and Sweeden are going to care about bitcoin theft - but it's still something most people are going to think about before they would try to pull a huge scam like this.

There's also the fact that in the long run, it would be far more profitable for them to do what they say then pull a scam. I think the people running Labcoin expect the company to be worth tens or hundreds of millions of dollars some day, why would they pass on that in order to rip off $700k and risk prosecution for fraud (even if the risk of authorities caring was low)

And furthermore, even if they wanted to pull a scam, why wouldn't they actually take the step of making their own chips?  BFL was a scam and they made their own chips. And they're idiots.

the stuff some people claim is "shady" doesn't seem shady to me at all. The pictures people say are photoshopped don't look photoshopped to me. And furthermore, it doesn't make much sense to say that they are both a scam because there are no pictures, and they are a scam because the pictures they released are photoshopped.  Pictures are easy to fake. And of course there's no reason why, as I said, scammers couldn't just buy bitforce chips and put them on their own circuit boards and then take photos/videos as well as doing actual mining.

So anyway, if you want to sell you're shares go head. If they seem shady to you that's fine.  As I said, I could be wrong and that will totally suck for me.   But I feel like I understand the situation well enough to make an evaluation of the various outcome probabilities.

Oh, and btw - the biggest risk "scam" risk isn't that the chip is fake, but rather that they won't distribute all the profits to shareholders.   That's one reason why they shouldn't IMO be solo mining, at least not at this point.  ASICMiner wasn't even solo mining when it started.

When you're mining with high variance one thing that happens is you find some blocks really quickly. Check out the stats on Slush's pool, which is mining at 56Th/s right now.  Most of the blocks were found in 1, 2 or 3 hours, but one was found in 17 minutes.  

So one thing you could do to "steal" blocks is to code your miner to steal "high luck" blocks. A block comes in, say 5 minutes after another one when you don't expect it for another two hours, and instead of stamping it and sending it to your main address you stamp it with something else, and have it relayed through some proxy so it looks like it came from somewhere else.

Also, solo mining at 2Th/s right now is just a bad idea in general. Slush's pool is at 25x the speed that Labcoin claims to have right now (50TH/s vs 2) That means a block that takes 1h on Slush's pool will take 25 hours for labcoin to find.  

Oh, and the slowest block they found recently took 5:44:06. That's the equivalent of nearly six days for labcoin to find a block if they have similar luck. (right now Slush's 24h luck is just 57%!).

As I said, it's not like a thing where you have more variance over the short run but over the long run it's the same.  Because of the rising difficulty, if you have bad luck during one difficulty period, the chance to earn those coins at that rate is gone forever.  It does not even out in the long run at all!

On the other hand, if you did pooled mining we'd be able to see in real time what you're making. BTCGuild's PPLNS fee is just 3% and right now their pool luck this difficulty is 97%. (Plus you could start a labcoin team we could all join Grin)

Later on once you've established yourselves more you can switch to pooled mining, but I still think it's a bad idea unless you have a pretty big chunk of the network. You can also split your mining up among multiple pools to prevent one from going over 50% of the network.

Well, given that you are hashing at 2Th/s you should have found at least a block or two by now.

Since you're not marking your blocks yet, you should tell us the txids you generated when you found them.

If you haven't found any blocks yet, well that's an object lesson in why you shouldn't be solo mining

creativex

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:37:53 AM

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:52:18 AM

Anyway, here's an example to help show why solo mining is a terrible idea.

Let's imagine two players playing a game. One player flips a coin 10 times and gets $1 every time it comes up heads.  On average, he'll make $5.

The other player has a 20 sided die, which he rolls 10 times.  If it comes up with a '1' he gets $10  On average Just like the coin flipper, on average he gets $5. 

The reason is that the coin flip has 2 possibilities, on of which is winning, and the die roller has 20 possibilities, one of which wins 10x as much.  So in the long run they make the same amount of money.

Now, in the long run the amount of money they make is the same.  Sometimes the dice roller will never roll one, sometimes they'll roll a 1 twice and every once in a while they'll role a 1 every single time and make $200!   All of that should even out in the end.

But, let's change the rules and say after 10 flips/rolls the reward is halved, from $1 to $0.5, to $0.25, etc.   And from $10, to $5, to $2.50. (Sound familiar?)

In that case, if the person has bad luck in one round, they will never have the opportunity to earn that back by having good luck in a later round!

Now, I suppose that doesn't matter as much if you're constantly adding hash power to keep up with the network, but there's no guarantee labcoin will be able to do that.  ASICMiner is down from 20% to like 6%.    And they could have good early luck instead of bad early luck, which won't be balanced out by bad luck in the future.

However, investors are already taking enough risk as it is with this stock, and you should not be gambling with investor money, which is what solo mining at 2TH/s is doing. Plus, pooled mining is easier to verify – everyone will be able to see the hashrate, and when blocks are found by the pool and calculate how much they should be getting.

So yeah, I don't think Labcoin should be solo mining at this point. 

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:58:22 AM

Unless they are stupid I really wonder why they decided to solo mine, they could have been collecting revenue from the get go and the first dividend would be very nice. (Might not be a lot but its something)

With the hash rate increase solomining with 0.002% of network power seems like a bad idea.

There must be a reason.

pooled mining is easier to verify – everyone will be able to see the hashrate

Oh there it is.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:05:30 AM

Anyway, here's an example to help show why solo mining is a terrible idea.

Let's imagine two players playing a game. One player flips a coin 10 times and gets $1 every time it comes up heads.  On average, he'll make $5.

The other player has a 20 sided die, which he rolls 10 times.  If it comes up with a '1' he gets $10  On average Just like the coin flipper, on average he gets $5. 

The reason is that the coin flip has 2 possibilities, on of which is winning, and the die roller has 20 possibilities, one of which wins 10x as much.  So in the long run they make the same amount of money.

Now, in the long run the amount of money they make is the same.  Sometimes the dice roller will never roll one, sometimes they'll roll a 1 twice and every once in a while they'll role a 1 every single time and make $200!   All of that should even out in the end.

But, let's change the rules and say after 10 flips/rolls the reward is halved, from $1 to $0.5, to $0.25, etc.   And from $10, to $5, to $2.50. (Sound familiar?)

In that case, if the person has bad luck in one round, they will never have the opportunity to earn that back by having good luck in a later round!

Now, I suppose that doesn't matter as much if you're constantly adding hash power to keep up with the network, but there's no guarantee labcoin will be able to do that.  ASICMiner is down from 20% to like 6%.    And they could have good early luck instead of bad early luck, which won't be balanced out by bad luck in the future.

However, investors are already taking enough risk as it is with this stock, and you should not be gambling with investor money, which is what solo mining at 2TH/s is doing. Plus, pooled mining is easier to verify – everyone will be able to see the hashrate, and when blocks are found by the pool and calculate how much they should be getting.

So yeah, I don't think Labcoin should be solo mining at this point. 

However it is just as likely the solo miner will be lucky as unlucky and therefore just as likely he will make more money early than the pooled miner.  The risk is greater, but the potential gain is equal to the risk. Another way to look at it is that the pooled miner risks not having a chance of making a big early score before difficulty increases.
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: