Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 [844] 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:18:38 PM

Ok but you realize what Pankkake is saying is that. The LAST of the funds for Labcoin will be going into fixing chips that CANNOT be fixed. That is what Pankkake is saying. So when you run out of FUNDS and have NO working chips. What do you reinvest with? And with that, what do you reinvest in? there is no one on the team to design the chips anymore. That guy has apparently been gone for months.

As far as i read its only the package that is faulty. So simply use another package with the next production run and you can reuse the chipdesign. He did not say that the chipdesign is faulty.

This is not a normal Mining Company. This is a reinvesting mining company that owns their own asic design.
Ugh, I hope everyone here knows that already.
Here's the thing: it's worthless. Everyone else has better chips now and is planning even better chips. Why would they produce more chips… when they're the worst on the market?
They had a tiny window, and they missed it big time.

Everyone has better chips? You realize that this isnt for endusers? Even Asicminer is ordering another big batch of the oldest asic gen. Simply because they OWN the design and can create miners at cost. Thats completely different than the competition between endusers buying expensive miners from companies. So no, these chips are not dead. You cant calculate with enduserprices here.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:26:23 PM

Ok but you realize what Pankkake is saying is that. The LAST of the funds for Labcoin will be going into fixing chips that CANNOT be fixed. That is what Pankkake is saying. So when you run out of FUNDS and have NO working chips. What do you reinvest with? And with that, what do you reinvest in? there is no one on the team to design the chips anymore. That guy has apparently been gone for months.

As far as i read its only the package that is faulty. So simply use another package with the next production run and you can reuse the chipdesign. He did not say that the chipdesign is faulty.

This is not a normal Mining Company. This is a reinvesting mining company that owns their own asic design.
Here's the thing: it's worthless. Everyone else has better chips now and is planning even better chips. Why would they produce more chips… when they're the worst on the market?

Everyone has better chips? You realize that this isnt for endusers? Even Asicminer is ordering another big batch of the oldest asic gen. Simply because they OWN the design and can create miners at cost. Thats completely different than the competition between endusers buying expensive miners from companies. So no, these chips are not dead. You cant calculate with enduserprices here.
+1
+1
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:33:45 PM

+1
+1

Fail logic.

1.  If Labcoin
     had chips, and those chips hashed, and hashed at full speed, it could cook up moar batches & mine with those chips at cost.

2.  If Bitfury, KNC, ASICminer, Avalon, etc.
     had chips (they do), and those chips hashed (they do), and hashed at full speed (they do), they could cook up moar batches & mine with those chips at cost.

See the problem here?
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

+1
+1

Fail logic.

1.  If Labcoin
     had chips, and those chips hashed, and hashed at full speed, it could cook up moar batches & mine with those chips at cost.
- if they did have the above (and if not a scam) then my impression was they would be selling chips and hardware
     had chips (they do), and those chips hashed (they do), and hashed at full speed (they do), they could cook up moar batches & mine with those chips at cost.
- don't all companies above also hash at cost, plus sell chips and hardware Huh
JMG

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

No dividend today...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Fail logic.

1.  If Labcoin

See the problem here?

The problem? That you assume they dont have chips? I dont see another problem. They have chips that have a problem that has to be solved. Thats it. When this works they will mine and sell hardware. What else?

Everyone has better chips? You realize that this isnt for endusers?
Well yes I do realize that.
My point is that even end-users are going to have it better than Labcoin.
And again, you are completely ignoring that any delays are deadly. Difficulty is going to explode.

Right... diffi is exploding. But where do you have the idea from that endusers can compete with someone owning an asic design? I think THATS deluded.

Even Asicminer is ordering another big batch of the oldest asic gen.
Which is better than Labcoin's, is known to work, and probably costs a lot less now that they're used to make it. And they can sell it fast, too.

Simply because they OWN the design and can create miners at cost. Thats completely different than the competition between endusers buying expensive miners from companies. So no, these chips are not dead. You cant calculate with enduserprices here.
You are so deluded. What they "OWN" is a turd.

Did you read the chat? The chip design seems to work. So when they make another batch with better enclosure they have chips that will work fully.
Claiming that owning a working chip design is worthless... man, im not sure if i can take you serious.

crumbs

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:04:54 PM

+1
+1

Fail logic.

1.  If Labcoin
- if they did have the above (and if not a scam) then my impression was they would be selling chips and hardware

If not a scam, and if they had the chips, and if those chips hashed, Labcoin would still not be able to compete with real ASIC companies due to having an obsolete chip.  If it's not profitable to sell those failchips as miners, why is it suddenly profitable to mine them???

- don't all companies above also hash at cost, plus sell chips and hardware Huh

Yes they do.  The difference being that they have chips, those chips work, and work better than the Labcoin's best=case scenario, the one riddled with all the "if"s. Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:07:34 PM

If not a scam, and if they had the chips, and if those chips hashed, Labcoin would still not be able to compete with real ASIC companies due to having an obsolete chip.

Maybe you should ask friedcat why he ordered again a big batch of the oldest asic gen.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:08:55 PM

Yeah "only". The "only" problem with that is that the packaging is some sort of epoxy plastic, its not like you can change it after they have been packaged. That means you can throw them away, all of them. So you are left with that next production run, which usually takes at least 2 months for the wafer processing alone, assuming you planned this beforehand or the fab has spare capacity. Add the time for planning the wafer run,  packaging, mounting, assembly,  deploying. How much do you think those 130nm chips are going to be worth if they only start hashing in February?

According to TGB's optimistic scenario, and using labcoins most optimistic specs, they would mine $5 per chip in February, $2.5 in March and the total barely exceeds $8. Asics are cheap, but good luck having those chips produced at that price, including the PCBs, powersupplies and other overhead and somehow make a profit.

Its a loser.
ferskvare

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:09:32 PM

Shouldn't dividends have been payed by now?
crumbs

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:14:06 PM

Fail logic.

1.  If Labcoin

See the problem here?

The problem? That you assume they dont have chips? I dont see another problem. They have chips that have a problem that has to be solved. Thats it. When this works they will mine and sell hardware. What else?

Not sure i can make this any easier for you to understand, but i'll try:

They may have the chips, but the chips are scrap.  They made engineering boo-boos, and now those chips may be useful as fill at a construction site, or as reminders to children how wrong things can go if they don't keep up their grades -- not much else.  That's another problem 4 u.

Here's another:  The "company" is most likely a scam.  This is a biggie.

Would you like moar?

crumbs

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:23:41 PM

If not a scam, and if they had the chips, and if those chips hashed, Labcoin would still not be able to compete with real ASIC companies due to having an obsolete chip.

Maybe you should ask friedcat why he ordered again a big batch of the oldest asic gen.

Maybe you're trying a bit too hard to pump an obvious fail stock?

If Labcoin is everything you claim it is, why not buy buy buy?  A sudden rush of altruistic good will towards us faithless idiots? Cheesy

Edit:  When dealing with complex concepts, pictorial illustrations tend to add a measure of clarity.  HERE:
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:34:16 PM

Yeah "only". The "only" problem with that is that the packaging is some sort of epoxy plastic, its not like you can change it after they have been packaged. That means you can throw them away, all of them. So you are left with that next production run, which usually takes at least 2 months for the wafer processing alone, assuming you planned this beforehand or the fab has spare capacity. Add the time for planning the wafer run,  packaging, mounting, assembly,  deploying. How much do you think those 130nm chips are going to be worth if they only start hashing in February?

According to TGB's optimistic scenario, and using labcoins most optimistic specs, they would mine $5 per chip in February, $2.5 in March and the total barely exceeds $8. Asics are cheap, but good luck having those chips produced at that price, including the PCBs, powersupplies and other overhead and somehow make a profit.

Its a loser.

You have to be insane to hold this stock at this point. 
ishkur

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:49:11 PM

.00018 is gonna break soon.
bittymitty

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:27:55 PM

I'm going to buy in when it's 1 satoshi per share.  Come on bag holders you can do it
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

are they skipping dividends today?

ok
Zakryze

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

every 2 weeks = not today as far as i know
last onewas on the 24th of september....

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:50:35 AM

All thats needed to know: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ncckq/labcoin_has_been_outed_as_a_scam_run_by_notorious/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ntdxt/howard_wang_responds_to_qa_labcoin_is_a_scam/

And no more dividends once BTCT is shut down.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:50:57 AM

every 2 weeks = not today as far as i know
last onewas on the 24th of september....

There will be no more dividends once BTCT is closed
kololo

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:51:20 AM

any news now?
Pages: « 1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 [844] 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: