Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
honeyira

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:55:10 AM

Altcoin is not dependence of bitcoin.  Without btc altcoin will prospers on its own way.
cj_tip

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:00:59 AM

Heard the theory that Alts prices are related to the momentum of change in BTC price.  When BTC price goes up or down with great momentum, Alts prices drop.  When BTC price moves sideways / stagnates, Alts tend to go up. 

zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:13:55 AM

yes. now we know that bitcoin determines altcoin price. when bitcoin goes down and altcoin also goes down, but this is not the end of crypto world. and this is normal because the crypto world fluctuations are very high. and I think if BTC strike then consequently some altcoin will die and some will remain alive. and altcoin that is alive is a good altcoin. today we can see that maybe NEO and MKR are altcoin that can survive when bitcoin price goes down
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:20:58 AM

There is no direct relation with Bitcoin and altcoins, to be honest, but as far as I observe I think people prefer to put their money in stable altcoin when Bitcoin is down instead of putting in Fiat currency and again move their funds in Bitcoin as soon as it gets momentum. It is difficult to predict what will happen down the road in this context but investors will definitely put their amount in a better altcoin if there is no Bitcoin.
Don't agree with you at all here. There is a big relation between bitcoin and altcoins and I have observed this relation on many occasions. I would say that altcoins and bitcoin depend on each other in many ways and both require the other for different purposes. Bitcoin's rising popularity is attracting many people from around the world which is helping the altcoin market in a big way. I am confident that this will not change since bitcoin will always be the king of the crypto market.

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:25:31 AM

future altcoin i think will depend with bitcoin. because in marketpun sales can only use btc, eth or dollar. so if there's no bitcoin I think altcoin sales will have trouble.
Maybe this good be a opportunity for altcoin to Excell in the  world of cryptocurrency. This could be the big break of altcoin but Ialso doubted that bitcoin will be out of phase, I doubted that it will be lose in the system in the future because as what I know bitcoin is the root of the digital currency.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

There is no direct relation with Bitcoin and altcoins, to be honest, but as far as I observe I think people prefer to put their money in stable altcoin when Bitcoin is down instead of putting in Fiat currency and again move their funds in Bitcoin as soon as it gets momentum. It is difficult to predict what will happen down the road in this context but investors will definitely put their amount in a better altcoin if there is no Bitcoin.

Exactly. Its the investors who are fully behind it. Now a days, investors started looking at altcoins who are cheap and have good growth in the market. Less investment brings a lump of profit. Always investors look for coins which seems to have a good growth and invest. If bitcoin seems to be promissing when they invest, then of course they willl move towards bitcoin, if suppose other altcoins seems to be promissing their profit than bitcoin, yes they do move towards those altcoins.

bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:57:04 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 04:02:48 PM by bozo333

Exactly. Its the investors who are fully behind it. Now a days, investors started looking at altcoins who are cheap and have good growth in the market. Less investment brings a lump of profit. Always investors look for coins which seems to have a good growth and invest. If bitcoin seems to be promissing when they invest, then of course they willl move towards bitcoin, if suppose other altcoins seems to be promissing their profit than bitcoin, yes they do move towards those altcoins.
The
Altcoin is alter native coin of the bitcoin. If bitcoin is not in the market places. Altcoin is not increase the prices. It will not growth time to change proces. Bitcoin is good opportunity for the impeove you self. So altcoin is most of the people use. Altcoin is not easy to reach the people. Bitcoin good opportunity for the growth for future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:59:58 AM

Yes, but you are not aware that if bitcoin dies, altcoins are not going to replace it, as long as there isn't any other crypto who takes it's place.

But for me, if bitcoin dies, it is going to be replaced by a crypto of a government, or just a financial instituion, like a "US crypto" similiar to Tether.
this is only temporary bro ,, i say that your statement is nonsense. I still believe that the bitcoin and other altcoins will grow and develop well again. I have analyzed and studied the development of bitcoin.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
novakamena

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:02:31 AM

I don't think about other coins without Bitcoin. Bitcoin will rule the world of crypto all time even present time.
I do not see a future without bitcoin.he is the leading force of cryptocurrency
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:04:45 AM

I think bitcoin and altcoin are interconnected with altcoin, this month's bitcoin drop is due to the korea I read from the news, if there is bad news about bitcoin then the price will go down as it did last year but I believe bitcoin will not go down then surely the price will go up again
b!t

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:08:56 AM

My view is, at the moment bitcoin is the gateway to to crypto world. There aren't many places you can buy alts with fiat money, only bitcoin. So when people want to cash out on their alts they will trade them for bitcoin and then cash out to fiat. I might be wrong, but when you look at the movement on the prices the altcoins walk hand in hand with bitcoin. But this might not be the case in the future.

I still wish bitcoin will keep soaring and not go anywhere soon.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:13:18 AM

I think the current drop is only temporary and bitcoin will of course regain it's value in time. It's price drop/rise surely does affect the values of other altcoins too as we saw the price drop of many other altcoins along with btc. I think if btc would cease to exist, some other good altcoin will be taking it's place. Still there might be a few people who will lose interest in cryptocurrencies if bitcoin dies and that might affect altcoins. But I think the number of people who would be switching to another altcoin would be more, so it won't matter much.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:29:16 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
I don't think that it will happen in future any time because here I myself is looking bitcoin's life where I found that there is always net gain in the price even with any big dump and with many big rumours and negative news .
But if it will happen then I don't think that the value of the altcoins get down to crash also because here only bitcoin is not a option to make trade but also we have many coins , mainly usd and etherium for the trading .
But still here we can say that the market will dump once for one month and after that people will get Thier trust back  and start regular trading in cryptourrency , but I will pray to God that don't make any day like we are thinking .
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:01:06 PM

Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies, bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency introduced to the world. Many altcoins get introduced in the market after bitcoin currency in 2009. Bitcoin has huge influence on altcoins, bitcoin currencies are more or less similar to bitcoin. Altcoins works under the shadow of bitcoin currency. It has proven from the last records that altcoins`s growth completely depends on the growth of bitcoin currency. Alitcoin`s have potential to prove themselves in crypto market. But currently bitcoin is the only motivator for bitcoin currency.
Hariyati Amin

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

Just Do The Best

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:01:55 PM

As we know the bitcoin and all types of cryptocurency have a fluctuating rate. This is influenced by several factors such as supply and demand, banning bitcoin in a country, mafia game. So bitcoin will not always go down. It is temporary.

As the main coins and pioneer of crypto, bitcoin certainly affect to the other coin prices. I believe with the power of bitcoin.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:21:50 PM

As we know the bitcoin and all types of cryptocurency have a fluctuating rate. This is influenced by several factors such as supply and demand, banning bitcoin in a country, mafia game. So bitcoin will not always go down. It is temporary.

As the main coins and pioneer of crypto, bitcoin certainly affect to the other coin prices. I believe with the power of bitcoin.

In the past, when Bitcoin was faced with negative government action, it's price has gone down. This has happened after government actions such as those in the United States (such as the SEC rejection of the ETF), China (banning of exchanges), and South Korea (ban on crypto-currency). But the most important fact is that the prices recovered soon after these setbacks.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:32:33 PM

I don't think what happen in altcoin without bitcoin,because bitcoin is the king of crypto currency and as far as I know we need bitcoin everytime we change our altcoin into local currency ( correct me if I'm wrong).
TutorShow

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:27:24 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
some altcoins rise when bitcoin drop or carshing .that mean bitcoin not have direct effect.
if bitcoin die some altcoins can live and some like ripple rising more than bitcoin.
it’s easy to cash bitcoin so that all love it
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:30:30 PM

I a not sure, but I think that at least some of the altcoins may survive even if Bitcoin dies. Because some of the alts have an entirely different purpose when compared to Bitcoin. Examples are anonymous alts, such as Monero, Deep Onion and Zcash.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:49:28 PM

I a not sure, but I think that at least some of the altcoins may survive even if Bitcoin dies. Because some of the alts have an entirely different purpose when compared to Bitcoin. Examples are anonymous alts, such as Monero, Deep Onion and Zcash.

The mother of altcoins is the bitcoin. And this growth is phenomenal now that even the next competing coin is so behind to reach its place. So such kinds of thoughts can be channelized to analyze something enriching cryptos values. Obviously other altcoins are going to set their standards in coming years. The values of all altcoins are going to have a massive growth. Bitcoin is not going to die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: