Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
cloud.runner

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:35:23 PM

Everyone has his own coin is Satoshi Nakamoto's vision.
sanmankrauss

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:36:39 PM

I think if bitcoin does not exist, then the crypto world will not die. the crypto world is not just bitcoin. I think if the supplies of bitcoin run out, then everyone will move to another altcoin, ETH, BCH, DASH, and others.

With all the forks this really looks like a distant dream
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:09:29 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

I think it's never happen, I mean everytime the bitcoin price dropped, the price will bounce back to the top later. If the bitcoin price crashed/dropped i think some altcoins price will go up. Altcoins is always based on the bitcoin price though, so when bitcoin go down altcoin price will go up.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:29:20 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
I don't think so that this will be possible! bitcoin is bitcoin and it will never fade away. Bitcoin is the way where alt coins are depending on it. look on ths every ICO is depending on bitcoin and ethereum! if that so altcoin really can't live without the major cryptocurrency. and this is the truth

Ripple is very near to be independent from bitcoin and that can happen in the next few years.
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:34:40 PM

Definitely would be difficult, bitcoin has the largest currency, actually the leading currency as of this moment, though ETH and other altcoins have been improving also, but without BITCOIN I think altcoins would improve, its because people will begin to switch and probably improve altcoins, but like what I have said altcoins without bitcoins will either be a good thing or it could be a big problem.
MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:35:38 PM
Merited by savushkinTA (1)

The biggest advantage other currencies have over Bitcoin, in my opinion, is adaptability. Who knows what kind of advancements are coming in the next 10-20 years? Maybe many, maybe none. Don't you consider the possibility that Bitcoin might be obsolete, or at least technologically many years behind some other coins, by then?
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 05:48:53 PM

I think without bitcoin altcoins not survive longer because bitcoin is leader of market. If BTC value decrease then all the altcoins effected due to satoshi value is down and all the coins price drop down accordingly.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:21:40 PM

The biggest advantage other currencies have over Bitcoin, in my opinion, is adaptability. Who knows what kind of advancements are coming in the next 10-20 years? Maybe many, maybe none. Don't you consider the possibility that Bitcoin might be obsolete, or at least technologically many years behind some other coins, by then?

Yes, the technology behind bitcoin is I think obsolete and needs some improvement. But still I don't think that it will be ever replaced by any other coins in the market. In my opinion, alts no matter how good they are will always rely on bitcoin.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:43:31 PM

this is only temporary bro ,, i say that your statement is nonsense. I still believe that the bitcoin and other altcoins will grow and develop well again. I have analyzed and studied the development of bitcoin.
Yes i agree. As i witness when i join here and know about altcoins and bitcoins, the value of it can be down and rise up again. Same as the altcoin.
drummond

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:53:44 PM

which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

The crypto world would not die, it would merely transform.  If for some reason Bitcoin is gone, then some other coin will become "the main one".  Crypto is not all about "revolting against the system", there is more to it.  For example, many altcoins are great for microtransactions, for minimalistic purchases within games, for rewarding people in forums, etc. Not everybody has a credit card and not everyone who does is willing to send its info to some random game or site.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:58:59 PM

I don't think drop in bitcoin value make any huge impact on alt coins for long time. If bitcoin reaches at its lowest value and won't rise again then people will shift from bitcoin to other crypto currencies.

arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

I think if bitcoin does not exist, then the crypto world will not die. the crypto world is not just bitcoin. I think if the supplies of bitcoin run out, then everyone will move to another altcoin, ETH, BCH, DASH, and others.
I think alts won't be created if bitcoin didn't exist, the reason why alts have been made is to replace or to back up bitcoin inside crypto industry
so we can't deny the fact that bitcoin is very important somehow, alts can exist but its still connected with bitcoin no matter what.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:30:09 PM

Bitcoin is still the main crypto currency for today. Not for nothing in the definitions written there is Bitcoin and Alktoin (alternative crypto currency Bitcoin).

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:34:46 PM

You are definitely correct but now a days things are upside down. The alts are growing depending upon their own project developments. Many of the coins have launched the real deal and got real investors into them. This has changed the traditional dependancy over the BTC and now coins are evolving for themselves. This has led to creation of good investment opportunities and in the coming future we can trade the alts without knowing what is happening with the bitcoin market. BTC in todays stands still and having the hard time with its transaction issues. So I'm sure that there is some sort of relation between the alts and BTC.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:35:54 PM

Earlier I used to think that it will be impossible for the altcoins to exist without Bitcoin. But now, it looks like I was wrong. The Bitcoin dominance is at an all time low level, with the market share hovering around 36%. Adding insult to injury, now another crypto-currency (XRP) has breached the psychologically important $100 billion market cap.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:42:40 PM

If bitcoin crashes for real, there will be a lot of alt coins that will be affected and those coins are surely depending to bitcoin market but on the other hand there is an opposite positive effect to some altcoins. Traders who are just looking at the market from time to time will find themselves resolve that they should jump off another alt coin to pump to restrain their losses if bitcoin crashes for real.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Samings

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:08:24 PM

Hello!

altcoins have no chance to play real effect against other currency if bitcoin died.
all altcoins will back less than 1 $
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:18:47 PM

Definitely would be difficult, bitcoin has the largest currency, actually the leading currency as of this moment, though ETH and other altcoins have been improving also, but without BITCOIN I think altcoins would improve, its because people will begin to switch and probably improve altcoins, but like what I have said altcoins without bitcoins will either be a good thing or it could be a big problem.
Bitcoin is the benchmark for all the alternative coins, but if in any case Bitcoin dies, who would really care about the Dead.one. At most, people would just mourn on its death for one or two days. Everyone will get into alternative coins as that will become the new way. For instance when gold coins were replaced with paper money, nobody really cared about gold. People adopted new system.
EllaPonchik

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

Dream of the Great

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:46:52 PM

of course the altkoins will exist without bitcoin, but this will be the case if another leading currency is used instead of bitcoin
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:26:41 PM

Earlier I used to think that it will be impossible for the altcoins to exist without Bitcoin. But now, it looks like I was wrong. The Bitcoin dominance is at an all time low level, with the market share hovering around 36%. Adding insult to injury, now another crypto-currency (XRP) has breached the psychologically important $100 billion market cap.
Yes, the XRP buzz did change my view of bitcoin, just like you. However, despite the fanaticism of bitcoin as a pioneer, it is still difficult to move, which makes the bitcoin price unbeatable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: